Green Lantern - Movie (2020)

GNT

Reaction score
Release Date - June 19th 2020

Not much is really known about the upcoming Green Lantern movie but I'm holding out that it'll be an all new fresh take on the character and in no way tied to that last horrible Green Lantern movie from a few years back.

What should they do to get this character right?

Reaction score
Don't have Ryan Reynolds. Be more imaginative with the ring power? I felt like they could've been so much more ambitious with what he created, as opposed to just chain guns and rockets...

6 years away, man that's crazy. Hard to get excited about the announcement, I don't want to wish my life away to see it.

Bit more of a gamble for DC, this "master plan".

Reaction score
Bit more of a gamble for DC, this "master plan".
You can say that again. I want so badly for the films to succeed, but it seems very rushed. There's an insane amount riding on Batman v. Superman to be fantastic.

Reaction score
Get off Earth, and stay off.

Sure, GL starts on Earth. It's his home, he'll visit often, but--especially now, with their own shared universe--he's got a gigantic sector of the galaxy to police. Maybe there's some major threat that would imperil Earth if GL doesn't stop it, but don't have it be one centralized on Earth, or even directly targeting Earth...

I know they can't exactly downscale the "Guardians of the Universe" to the "Guardians of the Galaxy" for obvious reasons, but scaling down the Green Lantern operation to the Milky Way alone, divided into 3600 sectors, is far more plausible... a Sector would still be an insanely vast amount of real estate for one or two cops to cover, even if it's mostly empty space and they can travel many times the speed of light, but the reality is that 1/3600th of the known universe would likely span hundreds of millions of light years, millions or billions of galaxies, and that's incomprehensible; call them "Guardians of Oa", limit the range to the Milky Way, and have the GL of 2814 patrol all of 2814, not just our little pale blue dot.

And if Sinestro is set up as a future villain, then give him a proper arc! Don't just have him lobby for a yellow weapon, then aid Hal, then--after the threat has ended--take the yellow weapon anyway for himself. That was lame. Or have Sinestro as the main villain of the first film--with or without his own Corps--and just provide a little backstory on how he turned against the GLs, or felt he was betrayed by them, or whatever they need to do... perhaps make him the reason Abin Sur dies or something (tho I'm guessing most of Hal's origin will be glossed over--I hope!)

Reaction score
TBH, I don't think they need to wait that long. Just because the last one tanked, doesn't mean we need to wait 10-15 years. They could always do John Stewart, to set it apart from the last one. But Toon makes some good points as well, for a Hal version.
They could always go with Guy, but i never cared much for him. And I'm sure most audiences today might not as well.

Their biggest must have is a competent Director, and a good story. That combined with Reynolds, and the last movie could have been much better.

Reaction score
I wasn't thrilled with Reynolds, but he did okay with what he had and is the least of the problems that plagued the last film.

I know they could easily go with Guy, John, or Kyle, but...they're gonna go with Hal, despite the last movie. That film is now just an anomaly, off in its own little pocket-dimension just like the Nolan Dark Knight trilogy. It doesn't have any bearing on their new shared movie verse.

Reaction score
what really annoys me is that they have aliens who are supposed to stay on their planet almost the entire movie but they have them spend half the movie in LA,NY or somewhere in CA!

Reaction score
So I don't know if we're still getting this Movie. But I read over on Screen rant that a Green Lantern show is coming to HBO MAX, adding to the endless streaming requirement needed to watch show we would have taken for granted in the old days.