Greef Karga - Speculation

GNT

Reaction score
Another Mandalorian character rumoured by Yakface for 2021 is Greef Karga. Not sure how well he’d sell?

Who would purchase him?

Reaction score
a definite purchase and a likely upcoming mando monday reveal. My wife saw a RUMOR on the web this am that Carl Weathers past away last night , BUT I googled it and it appears to be FAKE NEWS!! I think he tweeted a commented on a former Rocky actor's passing recently. How and why do this fake celeb "deaths" occur? It's just stupid and disrespectful

awe, would you look at that, my reaction score is my favorite Iron Maiden album/song!!
666.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
This is by far the most appealing of the recent rumor/news, and one I'm most wanting to actually see a picture of!
As cool as Boba Fett is he's still Fett, same thing I've seen for decades.

Reaction score
This is by far the most appealing of the recent rumor/news, and one I'm most wanting to actually see a picture of!
As cool as Boba Fett is he's still Fett, same thing I've seen for decades.
Yea I've seen tons of 3.75" ROTJ super articulated Fett done up to today's standards with rocker ankles, proper sized helmet and proper ROTJ rifle for decades.

Reaction score
The Disney Plus roundtable special has a bunch of the actors talking, and it’s so clear that Carl Weathers really loves Star Wars. You can tell he really loves playing this character. Ever since I saw that footage, I’ve really wanted a Greef. I’m really happy to get it.

Reaction score
I am so happy with this. Can't wait for this to be confirmed.

I really liked the Greef character, but when Carl explained his inspiration on the roundtable, that he wanted Greef to be a combination of Orson Welles and John Huston, I felt like I appreciated him even more. That season 2 outfit is also reminiscent of the old Marvel Comics, so I'm all in to see what's going to happen.

Reaction score
Here's hoping! It's too bad the new figures aren't coinciding with the series as it airs. "Strike while the iron is hot," as they say. Five years from now, no one may care about Greef or any early Mandalorian characters. I mean, I'd get them all, but the market can be fickle.

Reaction score
a definite purchase and a likely upcoming mando monday reveal. My wife saw a RUMOR on the web this am that Carl Weathers past away last night , BUT I googled it and it appears to be FAKE NEWS!! I think he tweeted a commented on a former Rocky actor's passing recently. How and why do this fake celeb "deaths" occur? It's just stupid and disrespectful

awe, would you look at that, my reaction score is my favorite Iron Maiden album/song!!
View attachment 365592
Whoa to you oh earth and sea...for Greef Karga sends the Mandalorian with wrath because he knows the Clients time is short...
I'd buy him the 1st time I see him.

Reaction score
Greef Karga is apparently going to be part of the Bespin Escape Leia wave, which also includes the new ROTJ Boba, Snaggletooth, and Baby Yoda. The full wave is already available for preorder on Dorkside and Entertainment Earth for anyone interested. :)

Reaction score
I’m all in on any and all 3.75 Mandalorian figures. I still can’t get over them making carbonized repaints while we still don’t have the original crew from season 1 yet...

Reaction score
Hopefully they go with first season outfit. I'd rather have a full set of season one figures before Hasbro proceed with updated looks.

Reaction score
I don't get it, what's wrong with not being able to complete the MU Fantastic 4 in original costumes, with each figure sporting a different look? ;)

Reaction score
I hope they make season two figures as well. Even Cara Dune has some slight changes to her outfit that I think would warrant a slightly retooled figure on a new card.

While I think they should focus on covering season one first, we could fall victim to Hasbro dropping the ball and not having season two figures for at least another year because of it - and by then season three will probably be a thing. Rather, rinse, repeat.

Last edited:
Reaction score
All i'm saying is that i'd rather have Hasbro secure the big three in their opening season outfit as quickly as possible. We all know how fast they can shift their attention to the new trendy thing. If we get a season 2 Greef first, we don't know when they'll get back to season 1 Karga... if ever.

Reaction score
We’re probably getting a season 1 Greef. Hasbro seems to get character reference material the same time we do because of Disney’s stupid secrecy.

Reaction score
He never seems to age. He was a middle-aged guy in 1995. He’s still a middle-aged guy.

Reaction score
If it's a solid headsculpt, custom opportunities open up. As mentioned, Apollo Creed. But equally interesting, I'd probably make a Dillon from Predator. Well, Hasbro??? Here we are again, bro... Just you and me. Same kind of moon, same kind of jungle. Real number 10, remember? Whole wave of speculative figures, 32 men chopped into meat... We walk out, just you and me, nobody else. Right on top, huh? Not a scratch... Not a .....
oh.......sorry...
Yeah. I'd like to see this figure made.

bac

Reaction score
There's a comment in a Yak-Face website post suggesting Greef and Beskar Mando pre-orders go live the first Mando Monday i.e. in 5 days. If true then the reveal is right around the corner.

Reaction score
While Carl may have aged well, to some. He looks nothing like he dis as Dillon or Apollo, thus I believe that the Greef figure won't quite to the job people think it will. Because neither of them survived to be that old. lol ;)

Reaction score
Definitely the figure from his wave I'm most looking forward to. I know he's getting a new look in Season 2 but I'm hoping we're getting the S1 Greef Karga first. I think that would be more logical.

Really looking forward to seeing how the figure turns out especially the photo-real. The photo-real on the figures that actually have new head-sculpts have mostly been fantastic and I'm hoping Greef Karga's figure will look amazing. Really curious to see the cardback image too. Hopefully the tease that his figure (along with Beskar Mando) will be revealed on Monday is true.

I can understand why he's only one per case though. Hasbro haven't done any Greef Karga figures yet until now (though both TVC and TBS are about to get him) so it's hard to guess how well he'll actually sell. If he sells better than expected I'm sure they'll produce more or carry him forward into another wave.

Reaction score
We’re probably getting a season 1 Greef. Hasbro seems to get character reference material the same time we do because of Disney’s stupid secrecy.
I'm really hoping it's season 1. And, if not, that we get that version at some point. I don't know why, I just like the tan and brown costume more than the one we've seen in season 2 promos.

Reaction score
I too want Greef Karga, Kuiil and IG-11 before anyone else. Funny the retro Greef is from season 2. I wonder if the VC one will be too.

Reaction score
I think it has to be Season 1. I imagine Hasbro has to work on TVC longer in advance; maybe they had to get started on this before being given any specs on Season 2.

Reaction score
I’m thinking this is gonna be the season two look so Hasblo can reuse the Retro Collection card art

Reaction score
It seems odd they would go with S2 look first, but I guess it wouldn't be the strangest thing they have ever done.

Reaction score
I too want a season one look first. While I will take any figures from The Mandalorian, from what I‘ve seen I prefer his season one look far more than his season two and they have to finish that s1 roster. Hasbro just needs to stay on target and concentrate.

Reaction score
The Disney figurine Greef is also in his S2 outfit, despite the rest of the set being based on the first season, just like the Kenner-style wave. Hopefully the TVC figure bucks that trend.