Greef Karga - Retro Line

GNT

Reaction score
Yakface.com have revealed a picture of the new Retro Greef Karga figure, please use this thread to discuss this figure.

Thoughts on this figure?

Reaction score
Yakface.com have revealed a picture of the new Retro Greef Karga figure, please use this thread to discuss this figure.

Thoughts on this figure?
It's kind of weird seeing these "new" retro figures. The nostalgia value of the Retro Collection is very high. It takes me back to when I was a kid.

These ones, being all new, have the look of the vintage figures but don't hold the same memories. I will definitely buy TVC Greef Karga but I'm not sure I'll buy this one.

Having said that, it does look good.

Reaction score
It’s our first 3.75” version of the figure, and the likeness is pretty good. I’m glad they included the vinyl.

bac

Reaction score
Greef here is in his Season 2 getup. Makes me wonder if the TVC figure will be the same.

Reaction score
I definitely like what they were going for the vinyl capes, but I think I might display mine without it. Guess I'll have to see one in-hand.

Reaction score
I really think the vinyl works here. The sculpt is great though. This wave is a huge home run! It’s pretty much everything I ever loved about Kenner Star Wars mashed up with everything I love about The Mandalorian.
EXACTLY.

Agree with everything you said! Bring on multiple waves, creatures, playsets, etc!!!

Reaction score
Why not season 1 Greef like Mando isnt wearing the Beskar armor.
I suspect he simply has more screentime in this Season 2 ensemble. It’s also a more colorful choice of wardrobe for the figure which ( I suspect) is why they did Mando in his old armor — It’s simply more Retro.

Reaction score
I definitely like what they were going for the vinyl capes, but I think I might display mine without it. Guess I'll have to see one in-hand.
I want to find a bib fortuna robe, cut the sleeves at an angle and dye it black. Then my custom version will join Mando and Gideon with soft goods capes.

Reaction score
Saw a lone Karga today at my local Target. Rest of the wave was gone.
He's usually the one left behind in the few times I was able to find them at B&M retail...but eventually he sells too. I've said this before, but I really like that they included a working holster for him. I wish they would've done the same for Mando so he could hold both blasters and the Darksaber.

Reaction score
I have found ALL the figs except the two I need — The Child and Mando. But both times there were just one of each on the pegs. I think this wave is selling well. And fast. Which bodes well from the line.

Reaction score
Cracked this figure open, and he's easily the most superfluous of the wave. Not a bad sculpt, but after having the TVC version in the same outfit, this one wasn't needed at all in my opinion. They should have opted for his Season 1 outfit for Retro, or frankly left him out of the assortment. I'm assuming since both of his 3.75 figures are from Season 2, we'll never see his first look in the scale - poor planning on Hasbro's part.

Reaction score
Cracked this figure open, and he's easily the most superfluous of the wave. Not a bad sculpt, but after having the TVC version in the same outfit, this one wasn't needed at all in my opinion. They should have opted for his Season 1 outfit for Retro, or frankly left him out of the assortment. I'm assuming since both of his 3.75 figures are from Season 2, we'll never see his first look in the scale - poor planning on Hasbro's part.
Yeah his face sculpt in particular loses me. I just keep seeing Tuco's cousins from Breaking Bad. And I agree, I'd have also preferred him in his Season 1 garb. The functional holster is a nice touch though. And I'll admit, the ones I've seen where people have fashioned custom soft goods capes do step him up a bit.

He actually was the last one I acquired. I had a case on pre-order; I had found Kuiil, Mando and Gideon locally. Ordered Grogu and IG-11 piggy backing another order's shipping from BBTS, so I cancelled my preorder and found Cara for $19 shipped on ebay. And all the while there was this one Greef, for weeks hanging on the pegs a local walmart. I finally went back to claim him and sure enough he was gone, lol. Got him off Amazon.