Greedo - POTF2 (Lucasfilm 50th Anniversary)

Reaction score
Greedo - POTF2 (Lucasfilm 50th Anniversary).
and
Exclusive. MSRP is $26.49. Available for pre-order on Friday June 18 at approximately 1pm EST at Pulse here. On shelf Fall 2021.
Eric Franer - Hasbro Star Wars Product Designer said:
As we continue to celebrate Lucasfilm’s 50th Anniversary, we wanted to get the iconic Power of The Force packaging into the line! Han and Luke are both updated with our photoreal deco for their likeness and Greedo has the same execution as his previous release.
Press Images

HD Images

Spoiler:  

Last edited:
Reaction score
Looks good, but the packaging is inaccurate. Greedo, on the orange card, had a gold Star Wars logo. I would have preferred the green card, which was the most common version of him.

Reaction score
And these are all set to drop tomorrow at 1 pm? I guess I had better prioritize the figures which are most important to me and/or the figures most likely to sell out in under a minute.

Reaction score
And these are all set to drop tomorrow at 1 pm? I guess I had better prioritize the figures which are most important to me and/or the figures most likely to sell out in under a minute.
Well, we know the Pulse exclusives are usually the worst.

Reaction score
Well, these are a bit of a let down. Like the TPM figs, they are just repacks. I was hoping that like the Clone Wars figs, that we would see some new characters. Oh well, a pass for me on all 3.

Reaction score
Definite buy for me as I dont have the original Greedo (just the recent Kenner inspired one)
I'm in the same boat. I don't have the original Greedo, and this is a definite buy for me. I think I'll pass on the derpy looking Han and the Farmboy Luke with the oversized soft goods, though. I have the Figuarts versions of those characters.

Reaction score
I'm totally in on this one - I wasn't collecting when the original was out, and was avoiding the aftermarket prices on it. I'm happy to see an update.

Reaction score
Like others, I only have the Kenner-deco Greedo (with the addition of a Yavin-Luke vest, as recommended by someone in the thread on here). So I'll want to grab this one, though I'll be ok if I don't get an order in during the mad rush.

As for the Yavin Luke where the vest came from, he donated the head that I put on my Landspeeder ANH Luke, which lets me easily skip that figure.

Reaction score
Great opportunity for those who don't own him though!
I'm in the group that doesn't own this figure already (in original colors). And of the 6 figures shown off today, Greedo is the only one I have even an bit of interest in getting. But to be honest I've totally fallen for my Kenner colored figure and I don't know that I would need to pickup the original any longer.

Reaction score
As a Canadian collector, since this is a Pulse Exclusive and Pulse Premium doesn't offer free shipping, if I want Greedo (which I do), I'm looking at about $60US.

I use Pulse any time I can buy an entire wave as when you're buying 4 figures the shipping cost isn't so bad, but for one figure (Luke and Han look just as bad as their original releases)?

Thanks Hasbro, really great.

Reaction score
It's hilarious that they point out that Han and Luke are "updated" (for the worse), and emphasize that this figure is unchanged, and yet this is going to be the one of the three that sells out immediately, and is scalped the highest.

He should have been an Archive release, so that he had wider distribution, since lots of people still need him.

Reaction score
If they were going to release Greedo in this wave, then maybe they could have skipped him in the earlier batch in favor of another figure that could have worked better like Death Squad Commander in gray or Han Solo with bright white shirt and black pants.

Reaction score
Has anyone modified Greedo’s eyes yet? At least paint it more glossy black?

Reaction score
have zero interest in this Greedo, easy pass, i just cant get excited about it or even the packaging.

GNT

Reaction score
I'm pretty we sure we just got a Greedo on a Vintage card, not sure I really need another Greedo personally. I think this one will be a pass for me.

Reaction score
If they were going to release Greedo in this wave, then maybe they could have skipped him in the earlier batch in favor of another figure that could have worked better like Death Squad Commander in gray or Han Solo with bright white shirt and black pants.
Kenner-colors Boba Fett on a ROTJ card.

Reaction score
i was one of the few that found Greedo on a POTF2 orange card back in 1995, this will look good w it

Reaction score
Up on Pulse. They seem to be staying in stock at least for the moment. Picked up a Greedo. Yay!

Reaction score
Pre-ordered because I didn't have the original. I already regret it, as it's $35 dollars after shipping/taxes.
Well, it’s cheaper than what the original release has been going for over the years on the aftermarket. But arguably a ripoff since Hasbro’s had this mold sitting around for nearly a decade and all they did was design a new (old) cardback for him.

Reaction score
Glad to have been able to get these pre-ordered! I'm trying to get all the main line black series figures and these check off 3 boxes.

Reaction score
Just an educated guess but I think they’ve vastly overestimated the appeal of these rereleases.
Exactly, Hasbro overplayed their hand and hopefully this sends a message that fans won’t pay extra for subpar releases that pegwarmed in the past with no new upgrades aside from some photo real update.

Reaction score
Exactly, Hasbro overplayed their hand and hopefully this sends a message that fans won’t pay extra for subpar releases that pegwarmed in the past with no new upgrades aside from some photo real update.
The “photoreal update” is particularly obscure as well. Photoreal to what? It’s not Mark Hamill or Harrison Ford, that’s for sure. And that visible neck joint on Han is an embarrassment to the line.

Reaction score
Back during the the 2013 run with Greedo he was the easiest to find. Of course that case pack was pretty bad. You had Hutt Slayer Leia with derpy eyes, Greedo, Han Solo, and of course the one that everyone had to have Boba Fett.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The oval eyes on Greedo are baffling. They're also not Hasbro's fault.

Back when he was first revealed, Entertainment Earth did a series of features on the approval process through Lucasfilm for the figure. Lucasfilm actually told Hasbro that the "eyes should be slightly oval" - so you can't put that one on Hasbro. Their original digital sculpt had round eyes!