Greedo - POTF2 (LFL50)

Reaction score
I was waiting for someone to post that - I couldn't find it. It was one of the more baffling and frustrating Lucasfilm decisions - the figure looked perfect before that change.

Reaction score
I was waiting for someone to post that - I couldn't find it. It was one of the more baffling and frustrating Lucasfilm decisions - the figure looked perfect before that change.
But how? The original version didn’t even have the arm stripes and the eyes were undersized.

Reaction score
The oval eyes on Greedo are baffling. They're also not Hasbro's fault.

Back when he was first revealed, Entertainment Earth did a series of features on the approval process through Lucasfilm for the figure. Lucasfilm actually told Hasbro that the "eyes should be slightly oval" - so you can't put that one on Hasbro. Their original digital sculpt had round eyes!

greedo_ee.jpg

Greedo's eyes are slightly oval. SLIGHTLY. As in not perfectly round like Hasbro first had them, but almost round.

The issue is really that Hasbro made them too oval, they aren't recessed at all, and they are the wrong color (and it still got approved by LFL). (He's also too tall!)

Reaction score
Greedo's eyes are slightly oval. SLIGHTLY. As in not perfectly round like Hasbro first had them, but almost round.

The issue is really that Hasbro made them too oval, they aren't recessed at all, and they are the wrong color (and it still got approved by LFL). (He's also too tall!)
This ^

Hasbro failed (slightly since it’s not horrible) on this one and LFL failed to correct them again for unknown reasons. Maybe Hasbro has a clause of one correction or maybe LFL was tired of waiting and wanted the product released.

Reaction score
Hasbro: Is the Greedo design looking OK?
Lucasfilm: Greedo is looking great, but the eyes could be a little more oval. Hasbro, really explore the Greedo sculpt this time. I mean, really, explore the sculpt.
Hasbro: I find the oval shaped eyes distracting. We can pull it back a little if you like?
Lucasfilm: Not too much though. I'm telling you. You're gonna want the eyes more oval.
Hasbro: How about now?
Lucasfilm: It doesn't work for me. I gotta have the eyes more oval.
Hasbro: I guess if Lucasfilm wants the eyes more oval we better make them more oval.
Lucasfilm: Guess what?! I got a fever, and the only prescription is making the eyes more oval!
Lucasfilm: Before we're done here, Greedo will be wearing gold plated diapers.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Lucasfilm's Eye Molder: And, Patrick, you're right -- I am being selfish. But the last time I checked, we don't have a lot of figures that feature oval eyes!

Reaction score
First of all, why supply photos of the GREEDO DUMMY as examples of what you want? That's a bad idea, especially if they look at the wonky proportions (in one photo it doesn't even have both eyes!).

Secondly, are there any other PDFs like this Greedo one that have leaked out, for other figures? There is a link to EE, but that section of the website isn't up any longer.

You have to wonder if detailed pages like this are done for every Black Series figure...?

Reaction score
You have to wonder if detailed pages like this are done for every Black Series figure...?
It’s almost a certainty. There have been many clues that the HasBros find Lucasfilm extraordinarily difficult to deal with as compared to its other licensors.

Reaction score
He's available on ShopDisney. $24.99. Use SHIPMAGIC for free shipping on orders over $75. Disney Visa Card Members, use code DVCCTRICK for 20% off.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Wow getting all 3 figs still leaves you 3 cents short of free shipping. Blah.

Reaction score
I wish I could find a way to get the total including shipping for Han and Greedo under $50; I have a $50 Visa gift card I was hoping to use on these. Alas...

Reaction score
I got the visa and got 20% off on the figs plus ordered a couple other items. I’m happy now.

Reaction score
After debating whether to order this guy on Disney and cancel my Pulse order I decided to just cancel the whole thing. Gotta start this whole being pickier with my purchases thing. Sorry Greedo...
Missed the first run of him, but got the Kenner Cardback version, and am just gonna stick with that one. Paring back as well.