Greedo (Kenner Deco) - Amazon

GNT

Reaction score
To celebrate 50 years of Lucasfilm Hasbro will be releasing a Kenner Deco Greedo available in May on Amazon:

Who is interested in this figure?

Reaction score
Kenner Deco for Greedo:

Meh. At least the head and hands should be swappable if anyone wants to kitbash it into some other character/background alien.

Reaction score
I just don't see how the Kenner coloring will translate to the TBS figure, but I am interested to see how it turns out. I guess I would be more excited if they were completely resculpting him to represent the Kenner figure.

Reaction score
Even though I prefer the screen accurate colors I'm in because I wasn't fully collecting 6" when Greedo was 1st released. I did see him in stores a lot, especially the cantina 2 pack, just never pulled the trigger

Reaction score
ive NEVER had a greedo in my collection so im definitely in on this release. if anything for a Rodian of any sort

Reaction score
Greedo is the 100% purchase of the Kenner redecos. Jawa and Ben don't quite have the unique deco in Kenner compared to the modern figures. Especially Jawa.

I wish there was Walrus Man and Hammerhead out in the BS. Those also have the only-Kenner decos I'd love to get in BS.

Reaction score
Greedo was my very first BS6 series figure.
I *might* be tempted to get a cool vintage cardback version, but I am not sure how they can improve it much more?
I think a straight up 'Archive version' would have made more sense for the newer collectors who missed out the first time.

Will they just remake the entire outfit bright lime green and turquoise? A different sculpt?

Reaction score
I honestly don't see how a Kenner repaint of the screen accurate sculpt will work. If it was a new sculpt modeled after the Kenner figure then I would be ecstatic about it.

There are so many Black Series figures that could be given a Kenner repaint: ANH Han Solo, Death Squad Commander, Imperial Commander, Hoth Han, Hoth Luke, Bespin Luke, Endor Han, Droids C-3PO.

But I think figures like Greedo, Walrus Man, Hammerhead, blue Snaggletooth, etc. need entirely new sculpts to truly represent the Kenner design. An Anakin Skywalker based on Sebastian Shaw and a Blue Snaggletooth would be my dream figures for this line.

Reaction score
With this being a highly-demanded figure for the Archive series, this is sort of a crappy move....if all of these anniversary figures are going to be available through different retailers, then that's an incredible slap in the face to the fans!

I'll gladly retract my statement if this doesn't pan out, but the last thing Black Series collectors need right now is a logistical nightmare.

Reaction score
This is the only one I'm down for even though I have the original wave two figure. He'll just be another rodian on the shelf. Contemplating removing the vest (if this version has one), painting the jumpsuit blue and knocking myself up a Chihdo...

bac

Reaction score
Reaction score
Just for History!

Han Shot First - All Changes Comparison (1977, 1997, 2004, 2011, 2019) - YouTube

Hit the stop at exactly 12 seconds for a rarely seen Greedo as well
There's actually three different Greedos in the one scene.

1. Paul Blake, shot in London during principal photography. Not only is he in all of the scenes with Greedo and Han in frame together, but he's the one wearing the long fingers.

2. Mannequin Greedo, for Han-shooting-first purposes. Seen in exactly 2 frames before he goes kaboom.

3. Maria de Aragon, the female Greedo, shot in post in Los Angeles. She had a clothespin in her mouth which she operated with her teeth to get Greedo's mouth to move, but she was wearing another alien's gloves/hands so you never see her holding the gun clearly.

Bonus of Greedo #3 wearing fashionable heels!

Bonus Edit: Because I like hearing from the unsung heroes behind the magic of the original trilogy, here’s interviews with both Paul Blake and Maria de Aragon!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Really not digging this look on a 6" figure, but I also didn't grow up on the Kenner line, so I have no nostalgia itch for this to scratch. Might pick one up at some point to use as a non-Greedo Rodian for a background or something, if it goes on sale at any point

Reaction score
As expected, it's a screen accurate mold with vintage Kenner colors. I don't think it works for Greedo. Obi Wan and Jawa look good though

Reaction score
^ my wife said basically same thing, lol. You know, I just noticed, the cardbacks on these are not off centered like previous tbs/ Kenner vintage cards. So they could be taller and thus may not look good next to others on display. Maybe Hasbro will comment tomorrow about this observation.

Reaction score
Ordered. Much prefer the new centered card back, even though I’ll undoubtedly open this. Obi looks kinda cool, Jawa is just dumb imo.

Reaction score
I bought 5. Love the color and detail on Greedo. I find this version much more exciting than the first Black Series Greedo which I passed on many times.

Reaction score
So Iconic of a character from the original Star Wars he is a must buy figure, so I'm in. Now what's left for Greedo Hasbro? The actors behind the mask version, Removable mask with alternate alien head underneath version, Blow apart Battle damage version, Real Movie sounds version,...waiting Hasbro! 🤖

Reaction score
Already ordered. I don't collect much in the way of The Black Series, but . . . well . . . Rodian. Bounty Hunter. Ticks all the right boxes for me. Plus, that Vintage Greedo was my first Star Wars figure -- the figure that started me on this dagblasted collecting kick nearly 40 years ago.

Now please do the same thing with TVC, Hasbro . . . .

1611931125119.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
Kenner Deco for Greedo:

Meh. At least the head and hands should be swappable if anyone wants to kitbash it into some other character/background alien.
If I recall correctly, there was a Human wandering around Mos Eisley in one of those get-ups . . . .

Reaction score
I really like this figure and will try to grab one honestly. The colours feel nice and I envision would be cool on a shelf :)

Never have enough cool alien toys on the shelf

Reaction score
With this being a highly-demanded figure for the Archive series, this is sort of a crappy move....if all of these anniversary figures are going to be available through different retailers, then that's an incredible slap in the face to the fans!
Really? Highly demanded? When I got mine (very shortly after they first came out), they were peg-warmers!