Great Lakes Finds #32 - Collectors, ....ASSEMBLE!!

Reaction score
New BS3.75 is hitting TRU and Target. Anyone spotted anything?
Vader, Vander, Chewie, Clones
I found one lone new Black Series #12 Commander Wolffe at the Ann Arbor Target today. Nothing else there and nothing listed as being in stockroom when I scanned it. I will be checking TRU in Ann Arbor tomorrow.

Reaction score
I've hit a few Targets and TRU's , Meijers in the Oakland / Macomb area and found nothing. Seeing some Mission Series Rebels filtering in, but those are kind of yesterdays news.

Reaction score
To echo the previous post, (haha), I found a lone Dutch Vander on the pegs at Canton Target on Ford Rd. I left him as the card was in bad shape and I have a case on order. Second time I've seen new stuff on the shelf in the last twelve months.

Reaction score
Yesterday I saw the 6" Han and Tauntaun at the Walmart by Partridge Creek. It's rare that I see anything new anymore.

Reaction score
Picked up 2 repainted Stormtroopers at the Ann Arbor East Target last week.

I received my HBTS order today of all of the wave 8 Black series figures a few days earlier than the 20th pre-order date. All had acceptable paint apps except Leia Boushh eye paint and extra dirt smudges on her cheek. The best part is that they were all $9.99 minus the 15% code. I had to pay $6 shipping for Thorn & C3P0 order since they were listed much later. HBTS has since corrected the prices on the website to $12.99. The cardbacks are all the foreign multi-language version unlike the last wave.

Anyone have any online codes to apply to the TRU Jabba set? Just ordered anyway at 4pm since it came back in stock after selling out yesterday. Not much to get now for 3 3/4 collectors.:(

Last edited:
Reaction score
Black Series figures found at a Gamestop.:wtf: I was at the local Gamestop in Ypsilanti and they had a case of wave 7 Black Series (Doom wave) on a shelf behind the cashier station. I picked up the Hoth Luke because it had the corrected molded tan arm pegs. The best part is they are $9.99. I've never seen Star Wars figures there before.

Reaction score
Meijers are starting to clearance Star Wars a little deeper. At the 12 Mile and Telegraph store, I picked up a Toryn Farr for $5. They also had a few 6" Obi-Wans for $10.

Reaction score
Finding nothing new, but I have seen some really old Clone Wars (SOTDS) toys at Meijer (Detroit, Roseville) Must be doing some deep cleaning at the warehouse. It would be great if they stumbled upon some TVC's (not Qui Gon or battle droids). If I were purchasing for a store, I wouldn't be ordering any new stuff until the Big Day.

Reaction score
New Hudson Wal Mart had their floor display with the latest black series wave. I snagged Doom, Bineed, and the red trooper. multiples remained of each.

Reaction score
Walmart in Roseville had the aisle display with black series on it today. I picked up bineed, jawas, Han, bouschh,and thorn.

Reaction score
Figured with the announcements of clearances I'd go on a little run just to see if there's a bargain out there...
Hit Walgreens up near GLC - they had plenty of 6" BS, but all at full retail. No 3.75" to be found.
Hit Target same area - three 6" BS on sale for $11, four Jabbas for $14 - that's it.
Finally Walmart in RH - two 6" Obis on clearance and in the same aisle like four of those Air Hogs Falcons in TFA packaging.

Pretty scant but then again it doesn't surprise me.

Reaction score
Does anyone have an idea how midnight madness works? I imagine TRU will close and reopen, but what about 24 hour places like Meijer, Walmart? Do they rope the section off? I'm trying to figure out a plan of attack.

Reaction score
we've always just hit TRU which does close, then re-open at midnight. If I recall, it seemed the 24hr stores kinda dropped the ball the last time, which was for the clone wars tv series. Nothing was put out. This year may be a different story.

Reaction score
Was at Meijer yesterday and they had a sign at the front of the store advertising Force Friday talking about fun and games for fans at 11p. Back in the toy section they have an entire area cleared out with nothing but a couple big R2D2 pictures there. Nothing is roped off, it is just big and empty. Purely guessing but I'd imagine that they would try and keep people busy at the front of the store while shelving items that night at the back.