Great Lakes Finds #32 - Collectors, ....ASSEMBLE!!

Reaction score
Well, I found a lone AT-DP(no figure) at Northland Target... which is closing for good on Jan 31. Not too much of anything there, but I wonder if what remains will be on sale next week.

I'm going to try pre-ordering the next wave of Rebels figures online. The feeling of finding that "one" rare figure at the store is such a rush though...Just like when I was a kid!

The new AT-DP is really cool, though it pales in comparison to the original Kenner AT-ST!

Reaction score
Greetings from Hoth. My party and I have taken shelter inside a downed Imperial AT-AT whe we wait out the latest storm to blanket this inhospitable ice ball. The walker is quiet as a grave, and we've stacked frozen bodies of snowtroopers over the blast holes in a futile attempt to block the razor winds whipping through. That Imperial cold weather gear was pretty, but no match for rebel blaster bolts.

It's not the cold that steals the warmth from my bones, but the sheer, impossible carnage. The dead are everywhere, and the cold doesn't discriminate. Everything - I mean everything - is frozen through. Hoth would be pristinely beautiful if it weren't for the crushing hopelessness of so many abandoned and destroyed men and machines. The horror...

Following a Yakface report I've located a single new Wookie 2-pack at my Westland Target this wintery evening. It was the last of its kind and rang up at $9.99. My companion Grace - she's amazing, I'll have you know - tells me they are the spitting image of the captive Wookies from the pilot episode of Rebels. Keep your eyes peeled, where there's one there's always more.

I have to go, the fire's fading and must conserve battery life. Signing off...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Found the entire Mission Series Wave at Target in Troy . I'm pretty sure I got the pick of the litter, but the rest of the case was still there and I actually passed on the Bossk / IG-88 , Wicket / Biker packs. Also: Black Series was freshly stocked with some past waves.

Hopefully there will be stock every where soon. As soon as I got home I noticed that Sabine is already going for 4X retail on ebay.

Reaction score
Found a lone Mission series Sabine & Stormtrooper at the Canton South Target. They also had 1 pack with Zeb & Stormtrooper, 1 Legends Luke and a black series Snowtrooper. Unfortunately they had only the class 2 repack vehicles and not the Rebels ones. The 6 inch Bikerscout and Jabba are now $24.99.

Reaction score
I spotted the Biker Scout/Wicket and IG-88/Bossk two-packs at the Target in Bloomfield Hills yesterday. They look terrible. If I wanted 5POA figures I would play with my vintage figures. But I guess these Mission Series figures aren't for me.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks, Pizza. I snagged a Wicket & Biker Scout 2 pack from the Beverly Hills Target On 02/04/14. All I need is Sabine and I'm sated...for now. Today 02/07/14 spotted the Wookies and Wicket at the Westland Target.

Hope this helps

Reaction score
Found 2 of the Rebels Troop Transport at the Ann Arbor TRU around 2pm. I only bought 1 and left the other. The price did not come up in their computer so the cashier had to type in the sku from the shelf sticker they placed next to the barcode on the box. It was $22.99.

Reaction score
I hit a run of 5 Targets last week only to find nothing. I basically made a circle around the Detroit Distribution Center. Eastland had Mission Series Wookies, Vizago, as well as a peg full of TCV Vom Bimdin. I am eager to find the new Saga Legends, but the hunts are so fruitless, it's exhausting.

Also can't find an Imperial Troop Transport yet.

I have a new Rebels AT-DP for trade if anyone is interested.

Reaction score
New 5POA saga legends Plo and the Green clone at the Brighton Target. nothing else

Reaction score
Found Saga Legends At-At Driver and Jedi Temple Guard at the Ann Arbor East Target around 3pm. Nothing else new of note remained.

Reaction score
Ah. So the new figure wave is hitting Metro Detroit. Thanks everyone.

Found the new At-At Driver and Plo Koon at the Beverly Hills Target 02/24/15. They also had a restock of the Phantom and Imperial TIE with packed-in figures - but no AT-DP.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've seen the same SL wave at Targets east of Woodward. I find it strange that none of us found TIE Pilot or AT-DP Driver. How did they get gobbled up so quickly?

Reaction score
I have a feeling those figs are disappearing because because they match with vehicles already on the market. Just speculation, though. I have yet to see them in person. They may just be cool toys.

Reaction score
I've seen the Jedi Temple Guard (which I bought),TIE Pilot and Gree. Does it appear to everyone that Target is still breaking up cases and only sending 3-4 figures to the stores?

Reaction score
Hey all - There's one (1) Imperial Troop transport on the shelves at the Westland TRU. Shelf tag read $22.99, didn't check it with a scanner. I guess this made it into canon via the Rebels TV show?

Pizza - that's a good question. All I saw - aside from a TIE pilot - were Grees and Plo Koons.

Play with your toys!
Will E.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hey All - As of this evening there are 3 TIEd and 3 AT-AT drivers on the pegs at the orthland Target. Picked up an AT-DP while I was there, the prices for the Saga Legends has inched up to $6.19 each.

Reaction score
I popped in to Livonia TRU and saw plenty of the latest Saga Legends wave. $7.99??? Must be paying the price for the dock strike...

I also must have just missed 6"Bossk and Stormtrooper Disguise.... Saw the freshly opened case but only Tie Pilot and Chewie were left.

Reaction score
the 19.99 digital release white boxes chock full o' re-hashes were at the Wixom and Brighton targets today.

Reaction score
Saw those at Westland, too. They reminded me of the DVD Tin sets and the other ones like that Target had. I thought they were kinda cool.

Until I noticed they were all 5poa pieces of trash.

Needless to say, I didn't end up with any.

Reaction score
Not buying them either, but not because of 5poa but because we already have these figures. Give me new characters and I'll buy 5poa.

Reaction score
Brighton Kohls did have the mission series two packs in with Sabine, two wookies, Bossk, and Rebels IG88 thing.

Last friday I did see the mission series Hera along with a majority of the Endor saga legends figures (no Luke pancho) at the Brighton and Wixom targets

Last edited:
Reaction score
Not buying them either, but not because of 5poa but because we already have these figures. Give me new characters and I'll buy 5poa.
Agreed. I've bought a total of two 5POA figures, Darth Maul and Jedi Temple Guard, simply because they're new characters/outfits and there's zero likelihood that they will ever be released in the adult line.

Reaction score
I found the Kohls tray of Mission Series in Monroe. I pulled out one Sabine pack and left the rest. I think they were charging 14.50 each. Kind of a rip off but that represents my Star Wars spending for the month of March.

Reaction score
Found a bunch of the new Mission Series at the Dearborn TRU. They had a deal going - 2 for $15.00. Even at that price (4 figures total) I just couldn't find the desire to buy them. It's not the 5pa, but again, they are all figures that have been done before and have been done better.

There used to be a day when I would have bought anything "new" but not anymore. I am not giving up, just looking very forward to The Force Awakens and what that will bring.

Reaction score
Found Sabine at Kohl's 8 mile/ Haggerty Both variants! The black helmet looks cool, but not as detailed as the original with the pink paint app.

Reaction score
I saw the new wave of Mission Series at Ford Rd. Canton Target and Westland TRU. Grabbed a Hera and Sandtrooper set from the TRU but left the one at Target. TRU also had the Cadet Ezra pack but I passed on that. Plenty of Endor sets collecting dust at $79.99.

Reaction score
Is it me or is this recent acquisitions drought, particularly for the 6" line, worse than California's?? It seems virtually nobody anywhere is finding anything, well, the overwhelming majority of collectors who used to post "finds" anyway.

For over a decade I've counted on these forums to let me know when it was time to get my hunt-on, and where... but now it seems, nuggets of useful information are few and far between. Is it this hobby? These boards (I dont go to other boards)? Or is it REALLY that dry of product out there? :(

Reaction score
It's not just you. While I don't visit stores as frequently as I once did, I still pop into the occasional Target and TRU just to see what's on the pegs. More often than not, I'll see a smattering of new Saga Legends and Mission Series figures (which I don't collect), but I never see new BS6 and the newest BS3.75 I ever see is that dreadful Yoda.

These are dark times. Regarding the 3.75" figures, Hasbro is completely devoid of exciting product anymore. Which is a damn shame; there's so much more that can be done. Just take a look a the various wish list threads. There's a veritable gold mine in them there hills.

I've even lost interest in LEGO, which has been my go-to since Hasbro ran the Star Wars ship aground.

I'm on to my new go-to - army building vintage loose/complete figures.

Reaction score
...since Hasbro ran the Star Wars ship aground.
I think that sums it up. Hasbro is likely banking on The Force Awakens to, well, awaken some interest in a new gen of kids/collectors so they can exploit them and sap them of their money and their will to live. ;)

Reaction score
Todd. This is still my main "go to" source as well. If I see activity, I'll usually react and check. I try to post my finds...which are infrequent. I gotta tell you, back in the day when these boards were buzzing...it was a blast.

Reaction score
Those were definitely the halcyon days. Go to a store and see the pegs full of figures of all shapes and sizes then come back home and post online so others in the area may have a chance to get figures they're looking for. Ever since the initial surge after TBS hit the shelves it seems that the offerings at B&M stores have just declined into the dirt. Sure the port situation out on the Left Coast didn't help matters, but product still got out regardless but in much smaller numbers than we're used to seeing. Now with the prices at places like Target getting completely insane (I have no idea who does their pricing but they need to be fired) it will be a death knell for that form of active collecting. Apart from hitting Walgreens easily 3/4 of all of my acquisitions have come from online sources and unfortunately it doesn't seem like that'll change into the future.

Reaction score
I hear ya Spam. These boards have never seemed so vacant.

What's worse faith, is that there could be a trucking strike on the Left Coast to follow the port strike.... Ugh! Walgreens is exactly the place I scored the last two Black Series waves. Tired of the fruitless, gas-wasting drives, I've ordered Bossk from Amazon along with some other stuff. I'm wondering if I should have ordered Stormy HAn as well since I really don't know if he'll be harder to attain than Bossk or not? Stormies are army buildrers after all.

Anyway, good luck. I hope collector-lady luck smiles on us soon!

Reaction score
My Bossk 6" preorder just shipped.

I will gladly pay shipping charges as opposed to scouring Hell's 1/2 Acre for him. I feel like a zombie walking out empty-handed from Target, TRU, Walgreens.

Hasbro Toy Shop had some great deals last month... free shipping too. I scored most of the Rebels and an ITT.

I will continue to report when I do find pay dirt. I have a feeling that any "pre-TFA" toys will be hitting the discount chains soon.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I just found 6" TBS Anakin and Phase 1 Clone Trooper at GameStop in St Johns. These two seem to be hitting this chain across the nation according to fellow collectors on Facebook.

Last edited: