Great Lakes Finds #32 - Collectors, ....ASSEMBLE!!

Reaction score
That kind of stuff is why I hate ordering off the net! Well, more because of variable paint aps than packaging as I'm an opener.

I picked up a 6" Bespin Luke from TRU today to replace the horribly painted first one I found. He has the sad puppy dog eyes that those bloodhound looking banks for animal charities that used to be on counters in the 90's...

Reaction score
Placed an order for 2 of the Talking Stormtrooper figures from the Disney store. They look good enough to display with a Sideshow Vader which I still need to get for my OT Sideshow collection. I'm glad that they used sound clips from the movies- similar to the old Kenner Imperial Troop Transport.

Reaction score
Wow! It has been many. many years since I've seen the MI boards this dry. I keep stalking to see if there's any hope of ever locating a 6" Fett and/or Stormy at retail.... Guess I'll keep hoping.

Reaction score
Wow! It has been many. many years since I've seen the MI boards this dry. I keep stalking to see if there's any hope of ever locating a 6" Fett and/or Stormy at retail.... Guess I'll keep hoping.
I've seen the 6" Stormtrooper twice at the Ann Arbor ToysRUs. Perhaps you should check at your local TRU store on a truck day. Unfortunately I could not find a link for the Stormtrooper on TRU.com to keep checking for a restock.

Reaction score
I've seen the 6" Stormtrooper twice at the Ann Arbor ToysRUs. Perhaps you should check at your local TRU store on a truck day. Unfortunately I could not find a link for the Stormtrooper on TRU.com to keep checking for a restock.
Thanks! Sadly, there's only one TRU left within 50 miles of me and I haven't been able to make it down on truck days before the items are scooped up in the better part of a decade. My biggest beef with Hasbro and the ultimate reason for my quitting was/is their inability to consistently get product into casual collectors hands, let alone even the more casual kids and their parents hands. When the beautiful 6" series came out I swore ONLY MY FAVORITE characters.... and of course Hasbro has proven even a partial collection is impossible to collect for a casual collector such as myself. As a casual collector, I refuse to pay scalper/inflated prices for a piece... such is the hobby I suppose.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hello all, haven't been on the forums in a loooong time. I'm still collecting but focusing on sideshow. That being said I decided to liquidate my 3 3/4 collection, I've got whole runs of the blue back attack of the clones and the curved revenge of the sith lines and the 30th anniversary lines. I've got about 25 bins worth of figures that I need to sell mostly because I'm going to move. If anyone is interested email me at dannysoza@ameritech.net, if not they will go up on EvilBay!

Reaction score
Target in chesterfield has the 6" stormtrooper on the pegs this afternoon if anyone still collects ;)

Reaction score
It's nice to hear a voice in the wilderness. I don't post that often (and buy even less frequently these days), but was sad to see the lack of activity in this thread. That being said, the Toy R Us on Telegraph in Southfield has several of the new exclusive Endor battle pack. Also, has anyone spotted the Jedi Training Luke & Yoda wave in this area yet?

And curiously, are folks here losing interest in collecting, or has this thread been quiet due to the lack of new product on the shelves (I only collect OT stuff)? For me it's a little of both, but I'm slowing becoming interested again.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Reaction score
I'm still here and collecting. Just not finding anything at retail lately.

I just received my $93 (total) SDCC Jabba Throne Room set from Ebay today and my $40 Canadian Exclusive Mission Series set of 4 from Yestertoys on Ebay. I would have preferred to find them at a B&M store at the lower retail prices but that is getting near impossible these days. Now to track down a Boba Fett & Slave Leia to go with Jabba.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Makes a couple of us... there just hasn't been any product coming out that's gotten me hitting the aisles again. Until now. :)

About 30m ago I left a BS 6" Biker Scout + bike set at the Rochester Hills Target. I'd picked up the other that was there as well as the Jabba. Not much else to report there but if someone wants one of those in the wild, there's the place.

Reaction score
Reporting in from South Elgin, Illinois. Not sure if this is helpful to fellow Michiganders, yet, but I spotted 6" Jabba at the local Target. Saw the 3 and 3/4" BS wave that iincludes Mace, wookie, clone, pilot, ceremony Luke, Liminara, Skiff Guard, etc. at Meijer.

Reaction score
I still check the boards but with little to no new product hitting the shelves there is not much to report.

Good to see that my fellow scummers are still out there. Maybe with Episode VII next year - we will actually have things to report.

Reaction score
I'm here still, but my interest in Hasbro is waning, not because I'm losing interest in SW, but because Hasbro hasn't released much that excites me like it once did.

Now LEGO on the other hand, good grief I'm in trouble!

Reaction score
This Michigan group made collecting fun as well. So, for those who wanna head to Novi, they had a couple of Biker Scouts, a Jabba, and a crap load of the $99 8 pack of Endor fun. No new 3 3/4 figures at all. If you're interested in the $40 big *** x-wing you can't put a figure in....they have a bunch of those and other Rebels stuff. Pass-a-roonie.

Reaction score
It's good to hear from everyone! I found the 3 3/4" black series Yoda at the Target near 14 mile and Haggerty Rd. I left one there plus a Toryn Farr. No sign of the 6" Biker Scout or Jabba though...

Reaction score
6" Black series Anakin, Clonetrooper, Fett, and Stormtrooper at the Brighton Target. A biker scout remained as well.

Reaction score
Found new 6 inch figures at the Ypsilanti Target yesterday. Decided to pass on starting a new line/scale. SDCC Jabba was too cool to pass up though. They also had 2 mission series Palpatine/yoda packs that must have come in as singles since no others in sight. Left both since I had them from HBTS. No new Black series yet:(.

Belleville Meijer had the new legends/mission series vehicles marked down to $14.99 each. They were the Boba Fett Slave 1, Anakin's yellow Jedi Starfighter and Obi-wan's Grey Jedi Starfighter. Target has these same 3 for $24.99 after the reset. I picked up all 3 and used a 15% off Meijer coupon I had as well.

My wave 5 Black series case from Ent Earth arrived last week so I think I'm all caught up until the Rebels and new package Black series stuff shows up in the fall.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Darrin,

Saw the art as well and I wanted to tell you that it is FANTASTIC!!!

Two of my favorite interests rolled into one.

Reaction score
I actually found a snow trooper commander in the wild. Eastland Target had just him, no one else

Reaction score
Target in Macomb Twp has Bastilla, Yoda, and the incredibly ridiculous looking Luke on the peg(s) this morning

Reaction score
Hi I'm fairly new here and probably way off base here but I will be traveling to Michigan. Can someone tell me where in the greater Detroit metro area that I might find a comic/toy store that sells VINTAGE SW figs?
Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Hi all,

Anyone seen the new Class II ships (from the Rebels TV show) around town yet?

Reaction score
Hi I'm fairly new here and probably way off base here but I will be traveling to Michigan. Can someone tell me where in the greater Detroit metro area that I might find a comic/toy store that sells VINTAGE SW figs?
Thanks in advance.
You can try Time Travelers in Berkeley. Nothing is organized, even less is priced, but he's got some vintage there.