Great Lakes Finds #32 - Collectors, ....ASSEMBLE!!

Reaction score
The previous thread is at 521 so time to roll the odometer over.

Ok, i know the title isn't star wars-y, but I thought it sounded like a good rallying call for collectors to unite in the face of empty pegs and increasingly harder to find stock. Plus, there's no singular thing going on in the hobby at the moment to call-out to in the title.

In truth, I just thought it sounded cool.

Reaction score
My amazon order arrived today with 3 unpunched vintage figures in a box and not a bubble mailer.. I got the 501st trooper to be caught up until the Tarkin wave and the pink scar variant Dr Evazan. The Kithaba I ordered unfortunately came as the brown bandana version which I already have. :( I still need the Red Bandana Kithaba. Nothing new or of note at my local Target.

Lisaleia77

Reaction score
I think when they updated the site they did away with thread limits. I know the vintage section has threads one 10000 posts

Reaction score
They updated the site?

And honestly, I thought the 500 reply cutoff thing was just some kind of self-imposed rule that someone from this group suggested. I've never visited any other threads on RS except this one so I never noticed.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thire, you should've named this Tumbleweeds Assemble...or Great Void of Nothingness Assemble. Are people still checking WMs and Targets? I have...and it sucks

Reaction score
Genesis, just sent you a PM. Sorry for not seeing it until now.

d

Reaction score
Thire, you should've named this Tumbleweeds Assemble...or Great Void of Nothingness Assemble. Are people still checking WMs and Targets? I have...and it sucks
LOL Honest to God, I nearly called this thread, "tumbleweeds in the aisles". But being the optimistic soul that I am, I figured things would pick up eventually, rendering the title moot.

Turns out I was somewhat right, today I found Hoth Luke, Imp. Navy Trooper and Darth Malgus which went to someone who called dibs on him. Found these at the Roseville Target on Gratiot.

Reaction score
I went and saw Roger Waters 'The Wall' last night and it blew my mind completely.
I officially hate you now!!! I couldn't afford to get tix the last time he came to perform it too. Ugh!

Did get to see him do DSOTM a few years back though. Saw Floyd (sans Roger) back in 88 and 94 too but really would love to have seen The Wall. My favorite band ever!

Reaction score
I saw that 94 tour when I lived in LA at the Rose Bowl, and about a month later when I moved back to MI at the Silverdome. Awesome. I would've love to see the Wall.

Reaction score
Heck, both those shows you guys went to sound cool, too! I couldn't really afford it either, my buddy bought me the tix for my birthday last November. It was really quite a night because we went crazy for The Wall when we were teenagers. I swear we watched it around 25 times. I can even play most of it on guitar!

I was hoping they'd sell Hammer armbands at the souvenir shop but no dice. I did get a pretty sweet tour shirt for cheap in the parking lot afterwards. And the almost full moon looked WAY psychotic over the Detroit River last night...

Reaction score
I saw that 94 tour when I lived in LA at the Rose Bowl, and about a month later when I moved back to MI at the Silverdome. Awesome. I would've love to see the Wall.
I was lucky enough to see the 94 tour at the silverdome front row. They played Dark Side straight at that show.

I guess this is what Hasbro has us resorting to, talking about shows from the past.

Reaction score
today I found Hoth Luke, Imp. Navy Trooper and Darth Malgus which went to someone who called dibs on him. Found these at the Roseville Target on Gratiot.
Wow! That store never has anything new lol. I stopped there today and picked up the new Vader and Clone Wars Anakin. Surprised they were still there! Thanks for the heads up! Can I call dibs on the next Malgus? :p

Reaction score
Not much new as far as finds. Ventured out to Canton today to check out the Tuesday Morning on Ford rd. It is in the Plaza by Kohls at Sheldon rd. Found 3 vintage SW figures several CW figures in Canadian? packaging, several CW figure/vehicle packs and 2 older CW Battlepacks. Most of the items were $9.99 except for the vintage Figures which were $4.99.
Picked up a Revenge Carded Boba Fett. Left an ESB Vader & ROTJ R2-D2, Cad Bane Escape and Zillo Beast Battlepacks, 2 Battle Droid speeder, Jessie Speeder & Obiwan speeder.

Checked the Ford Rd Canton Target and nothing new of note but plenty of TPM.
Lisaleia77

Reaction score
Reaction score
Got an email yesterday from Entertainment Earth saying that my Vintage Wave 5 case has shipped! I thought that case wasn't shipping until July. Next week I will have the Tarkin wave in my greasy little hands! I will also have a Mangus, preventing me from trying to find it in stores.

Reaction score
Cool!

Heck, I don't mind all the non-topic sports stuff you guys post, no one could be possibly get heavy with us for discussing such a weighty a matter as THE WALL!
HEY AGENT CLARET!!
I tried to PM you but got this message instead:

[h=3]The following errors occurred with your submission[/h]
  • AgentClaret has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

Reaction score
The Wall, as is Dark Side, are perfect albums IMO. Unfortunately I couldn't make it to the show. Had Gilmore and Mason taken part in a reunion of sorts, itd be a different story.

Reaction score
Guys & Gals,

I believe I scored big time today! A buddy of mine in Bay City called me last weekend asking if I wanted to buy his Star Wars toys. I asked him what he had and he sent me a few pics. Tons of vintage ships (with original boxes) and several loose vintage figures (including a Blue Snaggletooth).

There's also a bunch of Episode 1 carded figures.

I will let the pictures speak for themselves.

Reaction score
Does anybody have a RED bandana Kithaba to trade for a brown one?
I will pay both shipping costs so it won't cost you a dime.

Also, still looking for any takers on splitting the next case of vintage figs (I get the vintage cards, you get the blue cards)

Please let me know.
Thanks.

Reaction score
Guys & Gals,

I believe I scored big time today! A buddy of mine in Bay City called me last weekend asking if I wanted to buy his Star Wars toys. I asked him what he had and he sent me a few pics. Tons of vintage ships (with original boxes) and several loose vintage figures (including a Blue Snaggletooth).

There's also a bunch of Episode 1 carded figures.

I will let the pictures speak for themselves.

Great haul SportsAnchor! Especially all of those vintage goodies and boxes. :wub: The Sears Cantina backdrop looks in great shape for being just cardboard. What a great friend.

Lisaleia77

Reaction score
A store find today at the Saline Walmart. Left most of the Dr Evazan wave 4 case- Nom was gone. Only picked up the Gammy- now up to 5. They also had the exclusive battlepacks marked down to $15. Left 2 Mos Espa Arena and picked up the only Starship Droids.

Lisaleia77

Reaction score
Does anybody have a RED bandana Kithaba to trade for a brown one?
I will pay both shipping costs so it won't cost you a dime.

Also, still looking for any takers on splitting the next case of vintage figs (I get the vintage cards, you get the blue cards)

Please let me know.
Thanks.
Keep me in mind if Hasblo ever offers a case assortment with 2x each of the new figures inside! I have zero interest in the blue-card figs.

Hasbro; cruel b*st*rds for continually extending the Vintage line yet repeatedly failing to get new product into the hands of all collectors. :wtf:

Reaction score
Regarding the red bandana Kithaba - I am requesting that if you see one in the wild, please pick it up for your fellow Michigan collectors. I'm also looking for one and right now it's the hottest variant out there.

Reaction score
Regarding the red bandana Kithaba - I am requesting that if you see one in the wild, please pick it up for your fellow Michigan collectors. I'm also looking for one and right now it's the hottest variant out there.
I'm also on the lookout for the Red Bandana Variation Kithaba. All of the ones I've seen so far at Walmart have been the Brown version. The last one even had the same date stamp as the change.:confused: Luckily the Dr Evazan pink scar variant was easier to get. I got one unpunched from Amazon.

Lisaleia77

Reaction score
Target at 15 & VanDyke still doesn't have new vintage (although it looks like they sold one of the figures that's been there for a year) but they did have two Hidden Enemy battlepacks for $1.86 each!! I snagged those without even thinking twice.

Reaction score
In the movie The Three Amigos...Harry Flugelman, the studio head, asks the Amigos if there were aware of what the word nada means in all of those Spanish pictures they've made. Chevy Chase replies "isn't that a light chicken gravy?" Flugelman then barks it means zip, zero...nothing...blah blah blah

that's exactly what I found in the isles of the Brighton Target today...a light chicken gravy.

Reaction score
No new vintage finds but I did pick up on sale for $11.99 the TRU Ex Geonosian Warrior & Seperatist Speeder. I only spent $7.99 for my first one so this was a good enough price for a second one.

Lisaleia77

Reaction score
Thanks for confirming that the Geo Speeder is also on sale at bricks & mortar and not just online. I might swing by the work TRU tomorrow for another.

Reaction score
On a whim today I stopped at the Target in Clinton Township on my way home and I was SUPER surprised/ecstatic to find a Darth Malgus hanging right there at the front of a peg! :eek: Man have I missed that feeling. Also picked up Hoth Luke and the Imperial Navy Commander. Left the Clone Wars Anakin and 2 of the new Vaders. The Navy Commander is up for trade - for either of the 3 figures in my signature (Evazan is the priority!)

Reaction score
This may be a little off topic but I literally have to ask some locals so...

What's the deal with Michigan's firework laws this year? I hear they've relaxed them, but I just stopped at this one store and wasn't impressed. They had some large expensive roman candles and firecrackers but no bottle rockets or crazy helicoptery thingies or anything awesome like that. I'm not looking for M80s or festival mortar stuff, but I DO appreciate things that fly through the air...

So anyone know anything? Was this just a crappy store I stopped at, or are some things still not allowed? Anyone know some good cheap local places yet?