Great Lakes Finds #31 "Revenge of the Vintage"...in 3D!

Reaction score
I found the new Vader at the Madison Heights TRU this afternoon. Unfortunately everything else new was long gone. Plus I don't think I could bring myself to spending the 11.99 they were charging there.

Reaction score
The Canton WM on Michigan Ave. had the Ep I vehicles on clearance. I picked up a Sith Interceptor for $10.50, Anakin's racer still remains. Might wanna hit some of your WMs if you having a burning need to pick up some old 1999 era vehicles!

Reaction score
The Canton WM on Michigan Ave. had the Ep I vehicles on clearance. I picked up a Sith Interceptor for $10.50, Anakin's racer still remains. Might wanna hit some of your WMs if you having a burning need to pick up some old 1999 era vehicles!
Good find AgentClaret! That was the one vehicle I missed during the Target 50% off coupon sale. I will not pay $30 for one. Hopefully this will bring a purge of the others so the Naboo starfighter wave will be stocked.

Lisaleia77

Last edited:
Reaction score
off topic, but I had The Skipper talk May the 4th be with you and Star Wars durning my weekly call to fm96.1 espn Grand Rapids. It starts at 15:45
5-3-2012 hour 3 - ESPN 96.1FM

Inge is the Jar Jar of baseball, Miggy and Prince are playing like Ewoks, and he'd like to freeze Verlander in carbonite until the all start break.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I found cw Anakin, Hoth Luke, and the Imperial at the Chesterfield Target this afternoon.

Reaction score
Cool! So I suppose Target won't be a complete waste of time now!

I'm good on wave 12, but I'll probably get another Hoth Luke if and when I see them again. I'd probably get Malgus too to help out the poor saps who are missing him due to the scalpers seeing the 'Character Debut' sticker...

Reaction score
Found a TVC CW Anakin Skywalker at the 28th St. TRU Yesterday in Grand Rapids. Everything else from that wave was gone.

Reaction score
Found nada the whole time I was in KY, come home and manage to score Evazan, Aayla and Kithaba (brown headband)! WOO! Found them at the WalMart at Hall and Romeo Plank this evening.

Finally! New Stuff! Checked the Target down the road and the Chesterfield WalMart too but they had zip.

Geo

Reaction score
Yet to see a Malgus :( I DID get a Clone Wars Aayla Secura tonight at Walmart though! :D One figure down.. now I just want the vintage of her and all of the stuff like Malgus, the TOR bounty hunter, etc. from Vintage and I'm good... so maybe 3-4 more figures this year for me.

Reaction score
Picked up the last 3 MH wave 2 that I needed from the Canton Walmart on Michigan Ave. Light up Obi & Qui-Gon and Padme. Left 3 Darth Mauls, 1 Jar Jar, 1 Anakin podracer, and 1 of each Light up Obi & Qui-Gon. They also must have had CW wave 2 but only had Aayla & Obi-wan left. No Rex or Boss.:( Unfortunately no vintage sightings or $5 Vulture Droids/Dewbacks.

Lisaleia77

Reaction score
I picked up the Rex the other day, sorry Lisa! That store actually never even got the Dewbacks or Vultures. Which is awful because they're the only one around here that really seems to clear stuff out regularly.

Reaction score
Am I jumping the gun in thinking that I totally missed the deleted scenes wave? All I wanted was the Luke and Lando, but I have yet to see these on the pegs anywhere in may area. Anyone else still finding these anywhere?

Geo

Reaction score
Am I jumping the gun in thinking that I totally missed the deleted scenes wave? All I wanted was the Luke and Lando, but I have yet to see these on the pegs anywhere in may area. Anyone else still finding these anywhere?
I haven't in weeks/month. I only wanted Lando... I found everyone else (and left everyone else on the pegs.)

Reaction score
I picked up the Rex the other day, sorry Lisa! That store actually never even got the Dewbacks or Vultures. Which is awful because they're the only one around here that really seems to clear stuff out regularly.
I thought you might have. No problem. I was just surprised to see the others from CW wave 2. I have never really found anything there since their action figure area is so small. It must sell quicker than other Walmart stores since they don't have as much to choose from.

Lisaleia77

Reaction score
Stuff does go quickly there, but lately that's a good thing. They don't have the abundance of TPM clogging up the pegs there. It's a little out of my way but I usually try to hit it twice a week, it's sort of a hot spot lately.

Nothing in Westland/Livonia the last couple days. TRUs got very small trucks, hopefully there will be more on Saturday. Walmart on Plymouth seemed to have had a truck but they didn't appear to get any SW in.

Reaction score
Going on a 4 hour trip to Grand rapids, hoping to hit target, wally and meijer on the way down. Then tomorrow I might go into fricken surgery:\

Reaction score
OK no one laugh but I thought I'd give it a try.

Does anyone have an extra cyborg Darth Maul from that Infinities comic pack from a couple years ago? I'd be willing to buy the entire comic pack if anyone has an extra but really I'm just looking for the Darth Maul (with lightsaber of course) for my son.

Reaction score
Did you see the images of the upcoming battle pack that came out today? It has what looks to be this Maul with a new head and paintjob as well as Armored Savage and a Nightsister.

So you may want to avoid spending the premium you'll pay for that set and wait on this new one!

Reaction score
I had some interesting finds today.

I got some DS wave remnants at Dearborn WM. I got Sandstorm Lando and Col. Cracken. I already have my fill so these are trade bait. I'm gonna post about them elsewhere on here but I'm gonna give you local dudes first dibs. I'd most like to trade for a TVC Nom Anor or Wedge Antilles.

I'm also seeing some of those new minirigs hitting. I saw both the Scuba rig and the Anakin recon rig at Dearborn TRU and Garden City K-Mart today. I bought the one at K-mart which unfortunately had way worse paint aps, but its was $3 cheaper than TRU's new $20.99 price. If you are interested in these things you should start looking!

Reaction score
So, my last post alerting that I saw a new figure was from March 3rd. It's really sad that I haven't seen a new figure in over two months!

Reaction score
same here Pizza....except for online or the Marshalls Ashoka two pack dump off. I haven't seen not one wave 2 movie heroes. el zippo.

Reaction score
Don't feel bad, you guys probably have real lives and families and stuff. I only see this new crap because I'm able to hit stores on truckdays at opportune times and so on.

Plus, in the 4 years I've been into this, it seems like this time of year is always a little bit dead when it comes to distribution. Yeah, the TPM wave is hurting stores bad, but do we really think that will be as difficult to sell through as some of the worst clunkers of the past few years (i.e. Yarna, yellowing helmet ROTS trooper, Sandtrooper, Anakin, etc.)?

I'm starting to see new stuff trickle out. Keep faith. This hobby is cyclical and will pick up again very soon!

Reaction score
AgentClaret said:
Did you see the images of the upcoming battle pack that came out today? It has what looks to be this Maul with a new head and paintjob as well as Armored Savage and a Nightsister.

So you may want to avoid spending the premium you'll pay for that set and wait on this new one!
Haha yeah I just saw that earlier today! Very nice set. Great timing on that huh? Now here's hoping i can find one given the exclusivity.

Reaction score
Nothing new of note at the Ann Arbor TRU except LOTR Lego. Checked the Saline Walmart and nothing new except MH wave 2. Left all 5 new MH figures there since I found them at another Walmart earlier.

Lisaleia77

Reaction score
no MH 2 at the Howell WM...haven't seen em' yet. :mad: The SW section is miserable.

Reaction score
LisaLeia77 said:
Nothing new of note at the Ann Arbor TRU except LOTR Lego.

Lisaleia77
Oh lord! The LOTR legos are out already? As if i wasn't broke enough!! Was holding off to get The Avengers Quinjet so I could get that exclusive Hulk minifig. Honestly hope I don't see the LOTR stuff anytime soon. At least till next payday! ;)

Reaction score
Well Thire, unless your comfortable paying the TRU tax, wait until other retailers get the LOTR sets in. I've done a great job skipping the Marvel sets, but I don't think I'll be so lucky with the LOTR sets.

And I'll be heading to the LEGO store this weekend for that exclusive Hulk, though.

Reaction score
So surprisingly there has been no talk about comic con this weekend. Anyone else going?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Fred. I was gonna give you a call to see what day you were going. Wouldn't be comic con without our annual meeting.

Reaction score
Some westsiders are going...
Friday-wookiewarrior (Kent), sportsanchor (Brent), umichjedi (Art)
Saturday-wookiewarrior (Kent), smiles_hope (Steve), drummi (Mike)

Wedgewannabe (Robert) will be there all 3 days I think.

Reaction score
Well Thire, unless your comfortable paying the TRU tax, wait until other retailers get the LOTR sets in. I've done a great job skipping the Marvel sets, but I don't think I'll be so lucky with the LOTR sets.

And I'll be heading to the LEGO store this weekend for that exclusive Hulk, though.
Well if they're only showing up at TRU then that's an easy pass for me.

Wasn't so good at skipping the Marvel (or DC) sets myself. All we have left to get is the Quinjet and the Batcave. And ordered the last remaing sw sets to get TC-14.

But I've got a birthday coming next month, and invariably someone usually gets me a lego store or tru gift card. (coughhelm'sdeepcough).

Reaction score
Nothing new to report at the Belleville Walmart or Meijer. Decided to pre-order the Malgus wave case from HBTS :eek: with free shipping for a total of $122. It's not due to ship til June. I just noticed the last time I ordered anything from them was almost 1 year ago- and then it was the SDCC Death Star set. Missed out on pre-ordering the Evazan wave too.:(

Lisaleia77