Great Lakes Finds #31 "Revenge of the Vintage"...in 3D!

Reaction score
Hey! I just noticed that the previous thread cracked over 500 replies, looks like it's time for a new one!

By the way, anyone notice that the last thread was started back in JANUARY!?. That should tell you how slow things have been lately, I don't recall it taking quite so long to rotate out a previous thread.

Given the currently shipping "Revenge" card backs and that the floodgates have finally seemed to open on the vintage figures (for the moment), not to mention the upcoming push for the 3D release of Episode I, I tried to kill a multitude of birds with one big stone in the title.

So without further adieu, let the collecting continue!

Reaction score
John R Target has one of each of the Tautaun and Landspeeder sets. No new vintage. Same with the TRU down the street. Got out of class early and had time to stop!

Reaction score
I'm going on a huge run today, hopefully I can find some new TCW and maybe even a TVC Bastilla in my travels...

Wishing Well, I love your avatar! That takes me back to a time when I had blue hair!

Reaction score
Looking for help on the Bastila Shan if anyone comes across an extra. I found the Pondo Baba, B-wing Pilot, and Hoth Rebel Trooper at the Holland Wal-Mart. Picked up a few extras for Wook and Scott.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm going on a huge run today, hopefully I can find some new TCW and maybe even a TVC Bastilla in my travels...

Wishing Well, I love your avatar! That takes me back to a time when I had blue hair!
Ha, cool Agent!

Plus, can somebody help me with a Ponda Baba? I'll pay for the price(Wal-Mart price only) and shipping. I would like him MOC. Please help as my wal-mart is full of dung. I have 1000+ red star on eBay plus I've dealt here before a lot. Please help.

Reaction score
Well...isn't it entirely possible that these finds were spotted before your request was noted? I know I didn't check the board this morning before my travels led me to that Walmart. Then I wanted to post it soon after leaving in hopes that another scummer would be able to jump on it.

Lots of really good guys(and girl) in here and most are extremely helpful. Just need to be patient

Reaction score
Bastilla wave hit St Johns Wally 2nd Friday in a row. Have an extra Rebel Fleet Trooper and Ponda Baba I'm looking to trade for a B-Wing pilot or trenchcoat Han or TIE Pilot or Slave LEia on Return or Revenge cards (not sure if these are even out yet). Will sell for cost plus shipping to any MI collectors.

Reaction score
anyone need UofM Purdue tickets? I have 2 for free. You'd need to get the tickets in Brighton. Anyone?

Reaction score
Someone beat me to a single case of W9 at the Battle Creek Walmart, as they only had Revenge Ackbar, Revenge Luke, DSE Luke, and one or two others I can't recall, when I arrived there yesterday. They've already put up a bunch of Christmas decorations there too, which just means it's that much closer to the holidays and crazy Black Friday sales. :excitement:

Reaction score
I'm happy to report that I found both Ponda Baba and Echo Base Trooper yesterday afternoon at the K-Mart at Telegraph and Square Lake. I left Bastilla and the rest, and the cards/bubbles were all damaged.

Reaction score
I've been unable to hunt for the wave 9 vintage figures lately due to illness & surgery. :blue: They finally were available at TRU.com briefly and disappeared from my cart when my order was finalized.:nightmare:- so did the free shipping. Got angry and canceled the rest of the order. Decided to just get the case through EEarth and get mint cards double boxed with free shipping.

Thankfully I'm caught up on CW figures until January and just need the TRU Trench Run, Republic Attack Shuttle, RC Republic Tank, and Mandalorian Ship. My hunting time is going to be very limited for the next few months.
lisaleia77

Reaction score
Wow, I didn't even know TRU was doing single figs anymore! Gonna have to keep an eye on that...

No signs of any fresh Wave 9 cases around me this week. I still need a Bastilla.

Reaction score
So just before he kills someone for refusing to join the Dark Side, does Sidious say;

"Have It Your Way!"

:highly_amused:*:highly_amused:*:highly_amused:*:highly_amused:*:highly_amused:*:highly_amused:*:highly_amused:*:highly_amused:

Reaction score
Has anyone seen the wave 8 revision around here yet? I haven't, but I'm guessing it will pop up soon.

Kinda less than enthused for that wave. All I'm thinking I'll need is the black commando and Boba Fett, since I don't have a carded version of that sculpt.

Reaction score
Picked up at TRU EX Death Star Trench Run pack for $79.99 & the Republic Attack Cruiser for $69.99. Also used my $10 off coupon from the Big Toy book mailed to me- total for both $150.

They have an OK deal going on if you use your TRU rewards card and spend at least $200 before Xmas (Dec24th) you will earn 10% back (Maximum $50) plus get the Super Savers Pass coupons in 2012. This makes the TRU exclusives a bit easier on the wallet.

lisaleia77

Reaction score
Found a lone CW Chewbacca waaaaay up at the Target at 26 mile this morning. The had one Jar-Jar too but....y'know...it's Jar-Jar, left 'em behind. Tons of Tauntauns and Landspeeders, absolutely NO Vintage whatsoever.

Reaction score
Lookin' hard for the new armored Savage!

I thought I might have had a line on him at Westland Target... did the DPCI trick and saw they had some TCW in the back. After successfully sweet-talking a red shirt into pulling it for me, it turned out to be just three old figures. Drats!

Maybe next week...

Reaction score
Picked up the black Endor Soldier at Target this morning. That should leave me caught up through the end of the year unless the Walmart wave ships early. Three cheers for not having to hunt during the holiday shopping season.