Grand Moff Tarkin Mini Bust - 2019 PGM Gift

Reaction score
I've paid for the PGM this year so have to pick an item but to be honest, I'm struggling to even pick as don't want any of the options.

Reaction score
Hmm... I can spot the 'Dreamer' Luke statue in there on the shelf below Grand "Fist" Tarkin. I'm interested in seeing pictures of the dreamer Luke.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I wonder, what’s the MB directly above and slightly to the right of that Luke?
This? ... I don't know :) but it sure looks like some character from the ST movies or Star Wars stories. No OT or PT from the look of that ... armor? or are they robes ... a Maul from SOLO? :confused:

Last edited:
Reaction score
It kinda looked like Maul to me too but what looked like armor instead of robes threw me off. Hard to tell for sure. Maybe those are robes.

Reaction score
It kinda looked like Maul to me too but what looked like armor instead of robes threw me off. Hard to tell for sure. Maybe those are robes.
Same, the head looks like it has horns and a red face but the armor look of it (possibly the camera shot?) threw my off. Also looks like he's flexing a bit lol.

Reaction score
There's a picture on the DST page of the shelves to the right of the SW ones. You can see the MB a tiny bit better and it definitely looks like Maul from Solo to me.

Reaction score
I'm wondering if the mixing of the Polystone is being done differently. I've noticed most mini busts prior to the last 5 released lately had more of a smooth surface finish to them. Ahsoka, Leia have more of a bumpy/grainy feel to the surface, more noticeable on their hands. I see this Tarkin also has sort of a grainy finish all over his uniform and hands, as is the powdered stone that gets mixed with the polyurethane to create the Polystone wasn't as powdery as it should be. And of course that irreversible clenched fist given to him is a plus for me not to get him. Besides the horrible Jedi Luke from last year, this will be my second OT bust I won't be getting.

Reaction score
Pass. Looks like he's about to serve up a knuckle sandwich. " I warned you ! "

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Let's update this thread with some pictures of the finished mini bust with his highly requested clenched fist pose :) ....

1600300153677.png

1600300179729.png

1600300228474.png

1600300260774.png

* Looks good overall, other than the pose and over saturated skin pigmentation.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Could be the lighting but his skin colour looks off, too dark. Tbh, I thought he looked like a zombie character from Walking Dead.
I agree...other than the purple skin and clenched fist, this looks good.
So would you guys consider this one a "back of the shelf" display piece? ... if you were getting it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Tarkin looks pretty good, the face color might be like that because of the weird lighting when the photos were taken. The fist pose is a bit strange for this character though, looks like he wants to join Fight Club.

Reaction score
I got one along with Ponda Baba. If these pictures are any indication, they must be shipping them soon, hopefully before the end of the month. I miss the old days when there were so many mini busts popping out. But then again, I collect OT and PT and those movies are not getting the love they deserve, so not much for me to collect these days from GG.

Reaction score
Honestly this might be one of the best likenesses on a mini bust or just of the general GG pieces I've seen.
The Crait Luke bust and the statues of young Han, Rey and EP 4 Luke don't really look like the actors.
In my opinion most of them look like an attempt at a cartoon caricature or maybe a stylized drawing of the character from the movies rather then a piece trying to achieve an actor's likeness.
They are terrific pieces, the head sculpts just dont work for me.

But Rocco Tartamella did it again, he also sculpted the L3D Maul bust which looks like someone cut out Ray Park from the set of TPM and put him on your shelf, its scary how lifelike that piece is.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reaction score
The likeness is not bad at all (in my opinion), same as the first Tarkin that was made years ago and easily available on the secondary market. The pose and color of the skin is what makes this new one sort of uninteresting, to put it that way. I'm going to assume the skin color is just color over saturation of the picture, and the item we receive will look a little lighter. That leaves us with the clenched fist pose, which I believe most people did not like and asked to have changed for the one with his arm behind his back and it wasn't because ... In all, it is what it is, some might love it, some might hate it, some won't care. I'm in that final group where I feel I like the character enough to have another mini bust of his, but I'm not excited about it. The fact remains we already had a great sculpt of Tarkin, and with so little OT being made these days, I wish the time used to create this new representation of the character would have been employed for any other of the OT mini busts people have asked to see made for years.

Last edited:
Reaction score
So would you guys consider this one a "back of the shelf" display piece? ... if you were getting it.
If I were getting it I'd probably put some ST or other Imperial bust in front and to the left of it to hide the clenched fist.
Or you could saw off both arms and make it a "Classic" bust! ;)

Reaction score
Are you serious? I'm out ...well, I'm not :) Seriously, if there is one movie out of all that Disney has made that I like, that would be Rogue One, technically OT if we want to stretch the imagination that far. In my eyes, and I believe that's what it was originally intended to be, this is an EP IV mini bust. Not too sure about those backgrounds/pictures anymore. Look how they messed up on the pictures for the box and half of the design for the latest concept Fett bust.

Note: Wondering what the box for this one describes him as.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Sorry, Lightsword and others that were made into believing these were going to be delivered first, during the second quarter of the year, then the third quarter of the year, then the end of September and now I've just found out they're saying it will be October, or fourth quarter of the year. Yeah, I know "It's the virus". It's ridiculous. But that is just me thinking for myself, right? I can't help it to to wonder why other mini busts that were announced months after the 2019 PGM gifts have already been shipped and are being delivered while these aren't even in their warehouse yet. This whole thing makes me wonder if Tessek will ship next year around Thanksgiving time. Will we even have a Holiday mini bust this year? Who knows! I'm sure it will be another The Child with a Santa hat . Love the product GG make, but gee! their business practices on the other hand...

Reaction score
Not to fear, the background implies this is a Rogue One bust! :)
Another thing I find interesting about the background used, is that the pose for the mini must with his index finger pointing up, is definitely from EP IV. I've re-watched the movie scenes with Tarkin, and in Rogue One he does not make that gesture. I know I'm scrutinizing here, but just for the sake of accuracy (not that the clenched fist serves that purpose either), the pose is not representative of Rogue One, as the background suggests. But what do I know. Now let's see if the mini bust actually shows up next month.:confused:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Looks like these will be shipping soon! But isn't this supposed to be from Rogue One?

"We are pleased to announce that the Star Wars: A New Hope Grand Moff Tarkin 1/6 Scale Mini-Bust has arrived in our warehouse! This means that we will be charging customers’ accounts shortly. As we would like to begin shipping this week, we ask that everyone make sure their billing and shipping information is up to date, and we will charge credit cards on Thursday, October 15. Shipping will begin shortly after that."

Reaction score
It was never specified what film it was intended to be from until now. While the pose suggested he was from EP IV, the background used for the promotional images seemed to be from Rogue One. He'll be EP IV in my display, as that's how I've always seen it, minus that clenched fist of course. Plus I only collect OT and PT mini busts as part of my focus.LOL

It's interesting, as I thought Tarkin and Walrus man would be arriving at the same time considering they are both 2019 PGM "gifts". Finally something for OT collectors, then it will be Ponda Baba and that'll be the end of my purchases from GG untill next year with Tessek and Bespin Luke. My purchases from GG have gone down about 90 percent since they slowed down their OT production.

Last edited:
Reaction score
If you are collecting Rogue One mini busts besides OT releases, then I can see making this one part of that display, as the 2003 EP IV release still looks fantastic after 17 years, this new release is not any better, and there was really no need to revisit the character as another EP IV piece. Personally, I would have preferred any other character from the many ones requested from the OT through the years. But what do I know.

Last edited: