Grand Moff Tarkin Mini Bust - 2019 PGM Gift

Reaction score
Here is the second rendition of this character as part of the mini bust line, having seen an earlier version in 2003-2004, which was just perfection. While the sculpt is still pending approval, this second coming of Tarkin is one of several choices for the 2019-2020 Primier Guild Membership. It is estimated to be released during the second quarter of 2020

Below: Just my own take on redoing the clenched fist and arm pose, which I think could work better. But what do I know?

Last edited:
Reaction score
No personal interest, but it will be nice for those that missed the first one I guess.

Reaction score
The clinched fist needs to go. Put his right arm behind his back or something. Other than that it's perfect.
Completely agree. Finger in air and clinched fist too much. Needs at least one arm behind his back. I've got the first release which is far superior so I won't be getting this.

Be interested to see what rendition of Tarkin this is though, from Rogue One or ANH? (Ok, R1 I can sort of understand)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I agree with all of the above statements. Put the right hand behind his back. It’ll look much better. Tarkin wouldn’t stand there with a clinched fist like that. That’s not in his character. He speaks softly and carries a big stick.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reaction score
So I messed around a little bit with his right arm at work today, and re-positioned it behind his back...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Agree with all of you. Much of it is visual association. While the clinched fist could've been a gesture Tarkin could have made at some point, it is the arm behind his back what relates the most to images previously learned by our brain from the character's appearance in films, etc. I like the clinched fist, but it does not work well with Tarkin nor his mannerism .

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well, it seems every single person that's posted here wants that right arm re-worked, and placed behind his back. Being as the sculpt is still seeking approval, maybe they'll do something about it. Business is business, and it looks this one will sell well if his right arm is re-positioned. B)

Reaction score
I’ll add my voice to the pile. The clenched fists is dumb. Neutral poses for busts is almost always better. Behind the back looks great.

Reaction score
There ya go Julian , now THAT is a good looking Tarkin pose ! Can’t remember if he actually points at her , but this reminds me of the scene where he tells Leia “ In a way , you have determined the choice of the planet that is to be destroyed first. “.
“ You would prefer another target , a military target ? Then name the system ! “

If they revamp their concept to look like Julian’s , I’ll buy it. If not , I’m good with the one I already have.

Last edited:
Reaction score
There ya go Julian , now THAT is a good looking Tarkin pose ! Can’t remember if he actually points at her , but this reminds me of the scene where he tells Leia “ In a way , you have determined the choice of the planet that is to be destroyed first. “.
Yep, left index finger up in the air is exactly what Tarkin does when saying that.

Reaction score
“ You would prefer another target , a military target ? Then name the system ! “

If they revamp their concept to look like Julian’s , I’ll buy it. If not , I’m good with the one I already have.

Thanks, Hank. I worked on a simple campaign poster. I know you like this kind of stuff, and I thought it could also serve to emphasize the desire by everyone to "Drop the Fist" Use it at will and voice out the overall feeling about the pose :) ...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Wouldn't an ANH version work on a R1 shelf regardless?
Very true as it's exactly the same character at exactly the same time though my original Tarkin bust is firmly routed on my ANH shelf so if I decided to pick this second one up, he'll probably go on the R1 shelf.

Reaction score
Let me just say I'm not a supporter of violence, nor recommend anyone to act this way. That being said, I was sent a picture directly from SDCC this last weekend which I needed to share here. Apparently some people went a bit too far asking for the clenched fist pose on the Tarkin bust to be dropped. Difficult to say, but I think it paid off :) ...

Reaction score
I agree, the hand-behind-the-back-look is very Tarkin-ish, IMO, elitist, proper, etc. Plus, it looks way better.

The clinched fist is more of a Vader look.

I would consider buying a behind the back Tarkin bust, however if they keep the clinched fist look, I would just opt to buy the older version.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I just can’t get over what a waste of resources this MB is. Mother of all passes!! If for no other reason than to send a message you shouldn’t produce a 2nd MB of a C-list character that already has a perfect release preceding it that’s easily attainable on the secondary on the cheap due to an astronomical ES of 6000 pieces. Ughhh...

Reaction score
After the Sandtrooper failure I don’t much care what pose they use for this one, I probably won’t bother getting it.
But at least I understand their choice of pose now and where that fist is being shoved.

Reaction score
After the Sandtrooper failure I don’t much care what pose they use for this one, I probably won’t bother getting it.
But at least I understand their choice of pose now and where that fist is being shoved.
The fist or the finger? :)

Reaction score
Hey Chuck , any chance we can make this change ? It looks MUCH better like this.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk