Grand Admiral Thrawn

Reaction score
Found Thrawn this morning at Kroger.They also had Jyn in her imperial disguise.
Thanks for the heads-up. I haven't looked @ Kroger for SW figures in years, though may start again. I don't even think my local Kroger's has a action figure section, but I also haven't been there in a while.

Reaction score
Yeah they had wave 1 fir a while then they had 2 of Bodhi last Monday and yesterday they had Thrawn and Imperial Jyn. The Kroger I found them at is pretty hit or miss with figures but Howheels they got Hotwheels.

Reaction score
We only have a handful of Kroger out here in the SF Bay Area, but we have Grocery Outlet here as well so I suspect they may show up there as well.

Reaction score
Correction, forgot we didn't have Kroger out here but for you locals it wouldn't hurt checking out Grocery Outlet in case Ross, TJ Maxx, Marshalls or Tuesday Morning don't get them.

Reaction score
Just got around to opening this figure, and it works nicely with not only the Rebels line, but the vintage Droids line as well. I have a spare with the corrected rank MOC if someone needs it - still need to track down Fenn Rau.

Reaction score
Just got around to opening this figure, and it works nicely with not only the Rebels line, but the vintage Droids line as well. I have a spare with the corrected rank MOC if someone needs it - still need to track down Fenn Rau.
FYI: The wording of my post might have been confusing - I am looking to trade it for a Fenn Rau (I mentioned the same on the previous page), I don't sell anything - just trying to trade for what I need. The Thrawn is MOMC and is the corrected Grand Admiral rank version.

Reaction score
Was this figure drastically under produced or something? It doesn't exist. It's almost always sold on on Walmart.com. And when they do have it in stock, it's 2-3 times retail price. Same thing with Amazon.com, 2-3 times retail price. Toys R Us and Target, not online or in stores. None of the other Rebels figures were THIS hard to find.

Reaction score
Was this figure drastically under produced or something? It doesn't exist. It's almost always sold on on Walmart.com. And when they do have it in stock, it's 2-3 times retail price. Same thing with Amazon.com, 2-3 times retail price. Toys R Us and Target, not online or in stores. None of the other Rebels figures were THIS hard to find.
You said it, AnakinBrown. I can't find him in stores, and I sure as heck won't pay those exorbitant online prices.

Will he be in assortments as part of Force Friday II? Does anyone know?

Reaction score
Thrawn just like Bodhi and the rest of the wave had brief appearances online and at retail, so they were indeed hard to find. Thrawn is popular because of his EU presence beyond Rebels though, so I think that's one of reasons people have seen so few of him. Considering the RO assortments are on clearance at Target and WM, we wont be seeing that assortment there, but its possible it might still show up at TRU, though unlikely considering the reset for FF in a week.

Reaction score
I wouldn't rule out 5 Below or other store chains.I have seen Nien Numb at Tuesady morning a few times too.I got pretty lucky with Thrawn.I have seen him a total of 2 times.

Reaction score
The Rebels Thrawn figure is as HTF as the Ponda Baba TBS 3.75" figure - both are extremely elusive. Even though I don't collect many new SW figures these days, it figures (no pun intended) that the few that I do want are so rare - LOL.

Reaction score
I have to believe Hasbro will eventually repackage and rerelease Grand Admiral Thrawn, given his popularity. They did this for the (Grand) Inquisitor after his first release proved insufficient to satiate consumers' thirst, and he's not nearly as popular as Thrawn. The grand admiral is supposed to figure prominently in the final season of Rebels, so I'm gonna cross my fingers and hope Hasbro follows its pattern with HTF figures.

Reaction score
I waited long enough. I bought Grand Admiral Thrawn on eBay. I'm never gonna see him in the wild, and I'm not gonna hold my breath for Hasbro to rerelease him anytime soon.

He has the correct rank plate. There's a nasty black paint dot on his outer left thigh that I'm trying to ignore (beggars can't be choosers).

His white tunic seems to be tinting yellow already. What did we say that was? Cheap plastic? Cheap paint? Both? Ugh. :mad:

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if you see Thrawn at 5 below at some point same with the last wave with Galen Erso. The last wave of TFA(unmasked Kylo and the Stormtrooper Squad leader) showed up last year at Dollar General and 5 below. I even saw them at Tuesday morning as well.

Reaction score
Its been awhile (months) but I did see Thrawn in Big Lots. Which I thought was odd at the time as they rarerly carry newer figures.

Reaction score
Its been awhile (months) but I did see Thrawn in Big Lots. Which I thought was odd at the time as they rarerly carry newer figures.
Don't have any Big Lots close to me anymore - and, this is an older post - but thanks for the info. re: the Rebels GAT figures. Still haven't gotten this yet.

I will say that it's somewhat surprising the rare figures I've found at Big Lots over the years - i.e., I remember finding some HTF Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade figures circa 2009-ish, and I also remember finding some Classic MOTU figures (which were online only) there around 2013.

That being said, BL typically does not carry action figures - though I have seen other toys/playsets there over the years.

Reaction score
Thanks, but I'm only really interested in this if I can get it @ retail. Thanks anyway.

Reaction score
As of this writing, Skyward Fun Supply is selling him for $9.99 with the correct rank plate. I wish I had waited, but maybe this will help some of you. Good luck.

Reaction score
I just wish that they had make Krennic SA, so that i could have put this figure's head on that body!

Reaction score
Glad I could help Cyclone and Montross. Just paying it forward from RogueKnite's tip last fall, saying that Skyward Fun Supply was selling Fenn Rau. If not for that, I probably would have overpaid on Amazon or eBay.

On a slightly related subject, EE cancelled my preorder for the 6-inch TBS Grand Admiral Thrawn. If anyone has any good tips, I'd appreciate them. He's averaging $30 right now on eBay. Thanks.

Reaction score
Well, he showed up. The figure arrived MIB, looks real good. I will say that looking over the figure, it is more of a statue. I does not appear that there is any hip articulation. Pity. I'm not going to open this one, so I won't sweat it.

Reaction score
The hips are articulated, it has the standard 5POA. Mine arrived quickly, which was surprising since I chose the cheapest shipping method. Ordered it Monday, had it on Thursday.