Grand Admiral Thrawn

Reaction score
My closest Kroger still had one of these, so I picked it up to offer up here in case anyone still needs it. I'm just looking for cost (5 POA are $9 at Kroger!?) and shipping back.

Reaction score
This entire wave has been difficult to find, and it's not just Thrawn. I lucked out one day and scored Jyn, the Deathtrooper and Bodhi at a single store. I wound up buying the Shoretrooper online. But Thrawn? It's been next to impossible to find him at retail, brick and mortar or online.

Reaction score
I found the remains of the Thrawn wave at one Walmart and the whole wave at another. I have not seen it sense. It boggles my mind that Walmart their are afraid to order more or just won't. Most of the stores in my area(mainly Walmart) have been empty for months now. Everytime I talk to someone none are on order, WTF!!! :wtf:

Reaction score
I found the remains of the Thrawn wave at one Walmart and the whole wave at another. I have not seen it sense. It boggles my mind that Walmart their are afraid to order more or just won't. Most of the stores in my area(mainly Walmart) have been empty for months now. Everytime I talk to someone none are on order, WTF!!! :wtf:
I posted this in another thread as well but I think it's because there aren't anymore to order. Hasbro didn't produce as much of wave 3, and even less of wave 4. And it's the same at every store; Walmart, Target, TRU.... none of them seem to be restocking these

Reaction score
Hare not having an edit button. Forgot to mention that we have one more wave of figures before the Last Jedi stuff hits.

Reaction score
I'm desperate for a Thrawn at a normal price like the last one was offered at on here... roughly $10. Can anyone help a fellow friend out, please? Thank you in advance and may the force be with you!

Reaction score
As I said I am looking but not having any luck. I have no idea what's up with Walmart and the 5POA figures. Been to serval stores and most are empty save for 1 to 2 Rebel Leia's. Plenty of peg room but Walmart either has no desire to order more or they are unable to. Very frustrating. I have to pretty much at to pull some teeth using their chat feature to get more of the 3.75 inch Black Series.

Reaction score
I ended up just going to ebay for thrawn. I feared In would never see him in a store. I have yet to see this figure in a store.

Reaction score
Looked for him and Raddus while I was at the Star Wars store this weekend, but no luck. Unless they had them in the back.

Reaction score
I seldom do this, but if someone comes across a correct insignia Thrawn, I'm happy to buy it plus shipping plus something for your trouble just to avoid patronizing the insane ebay scalpers.

Reaction score
I've been checking other Kroger stores (regular, Signature and Marketplace) in the area and it looks like it was just the one regular store by me that had that wave. I'll bet the wave will turn up at 5 Below, Ross or Tuesday Morning eventually like the later TFA waves. My wife picked up an unmasked Kylo Ren and Heavy Stormtrooper for me at a 5 Below a few weeks ago.

Reaction score
Haven't seen the Rebels Thrawn figure anywhere - very elusive & HTF. Not a surprise, because IIRC the previous Thrawns were HTF as well, i.e. the POTF2 carded version (1998) as well as the comic book two-pack with Thrawn & Talon Karde from the 200X's.

Reaction score
Well there are two kinds of hard to finds. One is that the demand is so high that its scooped up immediately by customers. The other is that very few items reach the store shelves.

Which is the reason for Thrawn? Well, I can not say that I've seen his wave yet on the pegs, so I would say its the second one.

Reaction score
Or both?
They did say the Raduss wave was made in smaller numbers. so if the figure is also in demand, it's that much more difficult to find.

Reaction score
Thrawn is an important EU character, only made more popular by Rebels, being a key villain in the series. Poor distribution, and possible limited production makes the figure that much harder to find. I've never seen him at retail, and was only able to purchase it on WMs website, where it was available for minutes. Its really disappointing to me how the basic line is managed, because collectors have to be hawks to find certain figures at the MSRP, and avoid the endless scalpers - so how the hell is a kid going to buy a Thrawn if he / she is interested? Same goes for Fenn Rau - which is a worst scenario, because its not even available at retail in the US!

Reaction score
That's just it. There are likely more fans of him now, than there was when he was only a Book character. Plus he's in an actual show aimed at the Kid focus they are so often spouting about. So Where the heck are the toys Hasbro?

They seem to be more attentive to the 6" line, something that most likely adult collectors are buying versus kids. Sure, you can find TFA/Rogue One figures on clearance. Yet not much offerings for Rebels. Though i was surprised to see Sabine and Leia in decent numbers. Usually they would be HTF due to limited run, and everyone wanting them

Reaction score
I found my Thrawn at my crapy Wal-Mart justs last week! He was the only new figure there and on the front of the pegs. I still can't believe I found him in store and only paid $7.47 for him! I was so happy that day and I still am! I still have no clue how he got there after months of not being anywhere and then just showing up.

Reaction score
He's 2 to a case.I found him a few weeks back at a Walmart that usually has been goodSone probably got the other figures and the one of him.

OTE=AhsokaVader;19961903]I found my Thrawn at my crapy Wal-Mart justs last week! He was the only new figure there and on the front of the pegs. I still can't believe I found him in store and only paid $7.47 for him! I was so happy that day and I still am! I still have no clue how he got there after months of not being anywhere and then just showing up.[/QUOTE]

Reaction score
Didn't Hasbro claim that Rebels toys weren't selling that well, and that's why now they only release one figure at a time, mixed in with the new movie waves? It seemed like when they were first released a couple years back, the figures sold just fine. But now they seem to be clogging the pegs (Sabine and Leia at least, and the TFA repacks of Ezra, Kanan and Inquisitor always pegwarmed too).

It's definitely just because wave 3 is so scarce. If they shipped out as many wave 3 cases as they did for the first two waves, they'd be sitting on the pegs as well

Reaction score
I have noticed they're not as hard to find as they used to be, depending on the character. But if that's they case, maybe they should just fold them into the SA line.
Then I'd buy more figures overall. I know I'd rather have SA Bo-Katan as well as the others.

Reaction score
Didn't Hasbro claim that Rebels toys weren't selling that well, and that's why now they only release one figure at a time, mixed in with the new movie waves? It seemed like when they were first released a couple years back, the figures sold just fine. But now they seem to be clogging the pegs (Sabine and Leia at least, and the TFA repacks of Ezra, Kanan and Inquisitor always pegwarmed too).

It's definitely just because wave 3 is so scarce. If they shipped out as many wave 3 cases as they did for the first two waves, they'd be sitting on the pegs as well
When did Hasbro say this? They've discussed the Rebels characters and mentioned they'd be sprinkled into the basic movie line each year starting with TFA, but I've never once heard them say it was based on poor sales. Its more of an issue of controlling peg presence for each new movie, and not giving Rebels a separate line and SKU, which wouldn't be refreshed each year if released separately.

Reaction score
Hasbro won't do it, but a Thrawn and Governor Pryce Mission Series set would be awesome. It would be a way to re-release Thrawn and include a new, wanted figure. I like her character in Rebels, they have interacted together in Rebels, and I know she appears in the new Thrawn novel. To me, this set is a no brainer. Listen up, Hasbro!

Reaction score
^& she'd be an easy sa kitbash...comic 2 pk deena shan body and the head of the indy jones4 lady, I forget name of hand. Perfect fit too.

Reaction score
But that wouldn't match the Animated look Thrawn has. Unless you're suggesting it for the SA line.

Reaction score
Hasbro can reuse the comic pack Thrawn (with a bit of repainting) if we ever get a realistic Pryce two pack.

Reaction score
As much as I liked that figure of Thrawn, I hope that they wouldn't use that figure for anything related to ANH era. Just use TVC Tarkin sculpt an make a new head, or even just repaint an existing head that look similar.

Reaction score
Yakface is reporting the Thrawn wave is being found at Target. The sightings have been in Kentucky and Georgia so far. I have not seen them at the Targets in my area. Ours are still on waves 1 and 2. Though one Target got in a bunch of TFA figures.

Reaction score
Yakface is reporting the Thrawn wave is being found at Target. The sightings have been in Kentucky and Georgia so far. I have not seen them at the Targets in my area. Ours are still on waves 1 and 2. Though one Target got in a bunch of TFA figures.
Great news - Thanks for the post. I don't collect most Rebels figures, but am definitely going to get the Thrawn Rebels figure - if I can find this @ retail. The character's appearance on Rebels this season & the new Tim Zahn novel has probably given the character more exposure this year than at any other time in the past.

Reaction score
They are indeed showing up again at Target, found Bodhi and Thrawn. I already have a Thrawn that I ordered online, but the version at Target had an updated rank. If someone needs Thrawn and has Fenn Rau - LMK! ;)

Reaction score
Looks good! I'm thinking of buying her and using her as is. Could you post a picture of her with Thrawn without the Star Wars Body and the Irina body, please?