Grand Admiral Thrawn

GNT

Reaction score
Hasbro will be releasing Grand Admiral Thrawn in the basic Rebels line:

Who's going to be buying this figure? Thoughts on Thrawn?

Reaction score
Well atleast it looks like it has the right number of tabs on the rank bar. Should be kinda easy to repaint it to be correct. But it would be a shame if that is what we have to do to fix it. Either way, a new Thrawn figure!

Reaction score
Maybe it's the 1990s nostalgia talking, but this is one of the few EU characters that I actually like. I'll probably end up getting this figure, assuming I can find one.

GNT

Reaction score
I'm just grateful we're getting the figure! The rank can always be repainted.

Reaction score
I don't collect the animated style figures, but I simply cannot pass up on a new Thrawn.

Reaction score
He will fit well in my collection and looks realistic enough to not stand out around regular figures. Hadn't bought Rebels figures until the BAW stuff but I've grown to really like them. Rebels Vader and Ahsoka were fantastic figures.

JVM

Reaction score
Color me excited. The TLC Thrawn felt a little handicapped by the ysalimiri but this has a much better stance.

Reaction score
Does anyone know what wave we should be seeing Thrawn in with? Before the end of the year hopefully...

Reaction score
Color me excited. The TLC Thrawn felt a little handicapped by the ysalimiri but this has a much better stance.
TLC Thrawn? Do you mean POTF2 Thrawn? I don't remember any other Thrawn figure being made and, as far as the yslamimiri, it is easily removable so how did it "handicap" him?

Reaction score
Ah wait, did you mean the one from the Comic Packs? Forgot all about that one...in fact I don't even know think I have that one!

Reaction score
Krennic has the same rank colors but one pen on each side,lol.

Utinniii

Reaction score
Don't sharpies bleed into the surrounding area, or do you mean "(not oil based) paint Sharpies"?

Reaction score
It was really just a joke/metaphor. I use those craft painting pens from Joannes..

Reaction score
No, I don't think so. I haven't read about any sightings of them out in the wild yet. There are only two remaining Rebels figures that have been announced but not release yet. Thrawn and Fen Rau.

JVM

Reaction score
TLC Thrawn? Do you mean POTF2 Thrawn? I don't remember any other Thrawn figure being made and, as far as the yslamimiri, it is easily removable so how did it "handicap" him?
Yeah, it was indeed the Comics Pack version. It's great to have a version of Thrawn with more articulation in the right places, but the loss of the, um, gold shoulder things, excuse me, detracted a little from him looking like Thrawn, as happy as I genuinely was to have a yslamimiri with him. I also think my copy is a bit lighter blue than some of the others, but might just be me.

Reaction score
Definitely getting this Rebels Thrawn figure, and I'm not typically into the animated Rebels characters. However, I've been a Thrawn fan ever since reading Tim Zahn's iconic SW novel Heir to the Empire way back in '91. That novel was kick-started the the resurgence of interest in Star Wars in the early '90's.

Reaction score
Not a fan of the animated style either, but the comic pack has a nice more realistic version, & as a bonus I believe the arms are articulated.

Reaction score
just received my shipping notice for Wave 3 with Thrawn from EE.com. hopefully should have these in hand by late next week. :)

Reaction score
according to Jedi Insider there's a running change on Thrawn with the correct rank bar. so first variant of 2017 waves?