Grading SW loose figures

Reaction score
First of all, I really appreciate the people in this community. So helpful and knowledgeable.

I saw another thread on AFA/CAS and didn't want to hijack it but it reminded me of a question I've been wanting to ask.

Are there any pitfalls/red flags to consider for when deciding on whether to send a figure in for grading? Like what advice would you give a rookie that you maybe had to learn the hard way? Obviously you want to be sure the figure is worth grading but it would be great to be able to look at a figure and have the best guesstimate as to what it will grade so you're not out big $.

Thank you!

Reaction score
Personally, I find grading to be something I don't want. I understand plenty of reasons why people would want to grade things. But it is not for me.
The first thing to consider is, the pros and cons of the very idea of grading in and of itself. Is grading something you want to do? Why and why not?

Going along with the norms of a new hobby without questioning their value to you, is the biggest pitfall of all.

Reaction score
as a rookie if you're grade chasing don't bother trying to find mint ungraded examples and hope to get a good grade back. I've sent many things to get graded and 99 times out of 100 the item comes back at best what I hoped it would realistically get and usually a level or sometimes 2 below. There's always some very minor thing you never noticed that gets the grade dinged. Then you factor in the hassle of sending off for grading, waiting many months to get it back.. it's just not worth it. If you want graded items just buy already graded stuff. You know what you will be paying for and there are no surprises and no hassle.

Reaction score
as a rookie if you're grade chasing don't bother trying to find mint ungraded examples and hope to get a good grade back. I've sent many things to get graded and 99 times out of 100 the item comes back at best what I hoped it would realistically get and usually a level or sometimes 2 below. There's always some very minor thing you never noticed that gets the grade dinged. Then you factor in the hassle of sending off for grading, waiting many months to get it back.. it's just not worth it. If you want graded items just buy already graded stuff. You know what you will be paying for and there are no surprises and no hassle.
Good advice. What I was thinking of doing was sending in a few of my loose figures that I got out of really beat up cards but where the figure was still protected in the bubble. But even with those I'm assuming there's no guarantee of a good grade because there can always be a factory error or something.

Reaction score
Even opening an mint MOC I would only expect to get an 80 and be pleasantly surprised to get an 85. If it was a beat up card, especially sun faded, it would be even lower. also please don't open carded figures even beat up ones we spent years fighing against the grading companies for U-grading let's not do it ourselves. There are plenty of already loose figures out there. leave the beat up cards for lower budget carded collectors.

Reaction score
...that makes sense somewhat but grades aren't permanent as degradation will continue some items more than others. After about 5 years a grade won't mean that much to another buyer at least not as much of a premium as a recently graded figure.

Reaction score
First of all, I really appreciate the people in this community. So helpful and knowledgeable.

I saw another thread on AFA/CAS and didn't want to hijack it but it reminded me of a question I've been wanting to ask.

Are there any pitfalls/red flags to consider for when deciding on whether to send a figure in for grading? Like what advice would you give a rookie that you maybe had to learn the hard way? Obviously you want to be sure the figure is worth grading but it would be great to be able to look at a figure and have the best guesstimate as to what it will grade so you're not out big $.

Thank you!
personally, grading of figures or vehicles lowers the value. half the value is being able to show off your collection to friends. how do you show off something sealed in a box? I just tell my friends and family they have to wash and dry their hands and wear gloves if they want to (gently) handle my collection.

Reaction score
People have different opinions which is fine. Attacking forum members is not.
never understood this either, maybe MIB stuff, but loose grading just takes great examples out of the hands of people that love them.
Try asking those who choose to collect loose/graded figures. It takes less time, and it would have you not come off as an ignorant jerk towards those who prefer this style of collecting. :unsure:

EDIT: At this point I am removing my reason why I tried collecting that way. Your comment makes me feel like it was a wasted effort. 😩

Last edited:
Reaction score
@doog71 Here are a few things I can tell you in regards to what you are asking. I personally hope this helps you in some way. :)

THE PITFALLS:
1) You have to make sure that every figure is both both complete and authentic. Both AFA and CAS will let you know if "Bespin" Luke's lightsaber is a repro, etc. It is one of the benefits of having a graded specimen, especially during the periods they did not overlook these things.

2) Standard acrylic is only good if you have virtually little to no UV light coming in. Which is why I often suggest going for their Archival/Museum upgrades if these either have any real value or are part of a long-term collection.

3) Graded figures, even ones MISB or MOC, are not fully protected from things like humidity and extreme temperatures. So even when your figures are safe from dust, kids, pets, etc., you need to make sure those things are in check.

4) If your figures have any real monetary value after being graded, and this is a long-term collection, you need to see if your renters/home owner insurance policy needs to be updated. It is one of those things many collectors often overlook (regardless of what they are collecting).

5) You'll always encounter collectors who use their time acting like you are doing something wrong. Granted that you can tell them why you feel comfortable collecting this way. But it is a rarity to see them ask for that type of information.

That is all I can say. If you need more information, please let me know. I'm happy to help other collectors whenever I can. (y)

Reaction score
Try asking those who choose to collect loose/graded figures. It takes less time, and it would have you not come off as an ignorant jerk towards those who prefer this style of collecting. :unsure:

EDIT: At this point I am removing my reason why I tried collecting that way. Your comment makes me feel like it was a wasted effort. 😩
You can't use them as intended, putting them in a coffin to protect them. not being a jerk, but how nice do those display in a vintage Death Star? or in an x- wing? they don't. It's getting unreasonably hard to find minty figures to display with their puropse in mind. To hell with the value, I just want nice displays affordably. The only reason to collect this way is for investment and bragging rights. I love the figs in their natural Habitats... I am not hating on those that choose to grade them much, but harder to love and appreciate them when they are basically framed art. At that point go MOC....

Last edited:
Reaction score
as long as loose figures are kept away from direct UV light and away from high heat light sources, they'll retain their value on display. I'm currently working on completing my vehicles (and minirigs) and assembling a few select figures to display with them. I do not plan to have them graded as I do like to take them from their shelves and "handle" them from time to time. my pride and joy is my millennium falcon, but I also have an atst and a y wing (i have 3 small minirigs, one is complete)

Reaction score
You can't use them as intended, putting them in a coffin to protect them.
If we go by your own double-standard logic, which it is since you are not opposed to sealed collectors doing the same, you are also not using yours as intended. Based on the photos you have shown. you are forcing them to be used as 3.75" mannequins. Not as toys meant to be played by kids.

not being a jerk, but how nice do those display in a vintage Death Star? or in an x- wing? they don't.
Honestly, you being called a "jerk" is a polite way to define your attitude towards anything that does not deserve one of your double standards.

And to answer your question... I find them to look nice when the collector creates a narration for their collection. But it is not for me since I prefer a well organized collection above ones that tend to look cluttered. And loose to be properly thematic regardless if they are graded or not.

It's getting unreasonably hard to find minty figures to display with their puropse in mind. To hell with the value, I just want nice displays affordably.
Here is the thing. Those who either buy loose/graded, or have them graded, feel the same way. Atop of the fact that there are those who are paying extra just because reproductions, which is an issue within the vintage collection community, are something they opposed. Things you would learn if you chose to understand why they collect this way.

The only reason to collect this way is for investment and bragging rights.
On what facts? Because in the eight years of looking at how people collect, I have only found one person who fits your claims. And this was at a video game forum. Everybody else, including members in this forum, do it because it is how they want to collect.

Here are a few examples if you are willing to prove you do not hate them by learning who they are: http://blog.theswca.com/search/label/Limelight Interviews

I love the figs in their natural Habitats...
I have seen how you display your stuff. It is also not a "natural habitat" for a product whose sole focus is to be played by kids. But if you have noticed, I do not create BS excuses to degrade you or your collection because of it. Because I do this thing called respect. And I believe each and every collector that does not melt a fish tank full of (around 3,000) vintage Star Wars figures has created a nice habitat for their collection.

I am not hating on those that choose to grade them much, but harder to love and appreciate them when they are basically framed art. At that point go MOC....
Not true. You have accused them of not loving their figures, acted like their means of collecting is wrong, claimed their figures can never be used "correctly" (i.e. ways only you approve), claimed their "natural habitat" is wrong (i.e. whatever you approve), claimed that they are either braggarts or into making money, and did this with no regard to who they are and why they collect this way. That is hatred.

Plus, at this point, they are historical art pieces that came from a generation that did not have video games, tablets, and other items that continue to make it harder and harder to feel like Hasbro can finish where Kenner left off. Hence why preserving these in any way should be welcomed.

Retro collection figs work nicely here too, filled my transport and death star easily.
That's nice. But please post it in your limelight topic. Despite any issues you give me I like how you display your stuff. :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
as long as loose figures are kept away from direct UV light and away from high heat light sources, they'll retain their value on display.
This is partially true.

You have to keep anything that does not have UV resistance away from both direct sunlight and indirect sunlight. Direct sunlight speeds up the process, while indirect sunlight still exposes things to UV rays. Plus sets level of heat, coldness, and humidity are a factor collectors need to be aware of. Humidity is another factor that can cause discoloration on figures, with examples including carded "VOTC" versions of Lando (green chest), R2-D2 (yellowing on portions of plastic), and Stormtrooper (yellowing on chest). Plus there are issues with dust and dust-like content. Things that require a display case that has UV resistance class and makes it impossible to gain dust when shut.

Plus reproductions are another issue that can hurt the overall value of a figure. Which is still a major issue for vintage collectors.

I'm currently working on completing my vehicles (and minirigs) and assembling a few select figures to display with them. I do not plan to have them graded as I do like to take them from their shelves and "handle" them from time to time. my pride and joy is my millennium falcon, but I also have an atst and a y wing (i have 3 small minirigs, one is complete)
That is cool and all, but can you make a topic about it. This is about the pitfalls of having figures graded. Thanks. :)

Reaction score
If we go by your own double-standard logic, which it is since you are not opposed to sealed collectors doing the same, you are also not using yours as intended. Based on the photos you have shown. you are forcing them to be used as 3.75" mannequins. Not as toys meant to be played by kids.

Honestly, you being called a "jerk" is a polite way to define your attitude towards anything that does not deserve one of your double standards.

And to answer your question... I find them to look nice when the collector creates a narration for their collection. But it is not for me since I prefer a well organized collection above ones that tend to look cluttered. And loose to be properly thematic regardless if they are graded or not.

Here is the thing. Those who either buy loose/graded, or have them graded, feel the same way. Atop of the fact that there are those who are paying extra just because reproductions, which is an issue within the vintage collection community, are something they opposed. Things you would learn if you chose to understand why they collect this way.

On what facts? Because in the eight years of looking at how people collect, I have only found one person who fits your claims. And this was at a video game forum. Everybody else, including members in this forum, do it because it is how they want to collect.

Here are a few examples if you are willing to prove you do not hate them by learning who they are: http://blog.theswca.com/search/label/Limelight Interviews

I have seen how you display your stuff. It is also not a "natural habitat" for a product whose sole focus is to be played by kids. But if you have noticed, I do not create BS excuses to degrade you or your collection because of it. Because I do this thing called respect. And I believe each and every collector that does not melt a fish tank full of (around 3,000) vintage Star Wars figures has created a nice habitat for their collection.

Not true. You have accused them of not loving their figures, acted like their means of collecting is wrong, claimed their figures can never be used "correctly" (i.e. ways only you approve), claimed their "natural habitat" is wrong (i.e. whatever you approve), claimed that they are either braggarts or into making money, and did this with no regard to who they are and why they collect this way. That is hatred.

Plus, at this point, they are historical art pieces that came from a generation that did not have video games, tablets, and other items that continue to make it harder and harder to feel like Hasbro can finish where Kenner left off. Hence why preserving these in any way should be welcomed.

That's nice. But please post it in your limelight topic. Despite any issues you give me I like how you display your stuff. :)
Whatever. Have fun.

Reaction score
Whatever. Have fun.
Thanks to your attitude that might not be possible here. But we'll see. :unsure: In all cases if you knew what I have been put through for most of my life, you would understand why I tried to treat you like an adult collector. Then again, I am hoping you'll return to your old self in 2021. 😩

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks to your attitude that might not be possible here. But we'll see. :unsure: In all cases if you knew what I have been put through for most of my life, you would understand why I tried to treat you like an adult collector. Then again, I am hoping you'll return to your old self in 2021. 😩
Whatever. My opinion is my own and valid. If my opinion ruins your day, you have bigger problems than grading Star wars Toys. i choose to walk away from this, just let it go.

Reaction score
If my opinion ruins your day, you have bigger problems than grading Star wars Toys.
You're partially right. I have an issue with your condescending attitude every time something you refuse to respect pops up. You claiming your point is “valid” proves that you do not care about the truth. But I will be polite and say that anybody who calls you a “jerk” are being polite. 😩

As for graded figures, I am not you. I have zero issues when it comes to another person’s collection. Envious, yes. Anything else, no.

i choose to walk away from this, just let it go.
You're walking away from the fact I am trying to treat you like an adult collector? I know. And yes, I'll give up on treating you like that. But note that I tried to respect you. And I do suggest that you take a break from the forum. If you cannot see how you really are coming off, you have issues. 😩

And for the record, I was the one making strong efforts to show you what respect looks like. Every time I felt that something I said sounded combative or offensive, I made an effort to edit it. At zero points have you shown me, or those you don't know, that type of respect here. 😩

Last edited:
Reaction score
I see alot of common figures loose graded that sell for less or around the same as nice complete figs you plan to send off to be graded.

I only plan to grade the expensive last 17 like Yak, Stormtrooper Luke, Pop up R2. , plus my Blue snaggletooth, Hollow cheek tusken,. I dont see myself grading much more after that.

I personally like Graded. I do have a boxed speeder bike that I want to get Q graded. It was opened at a show by the vendors son. I paid 30 for it and its perfect inside.

I have an Indiana Jones kenner Moc collection of 5 carded that I have 4 graded already, sending in the 5th plus the Belloq Mailer. I want a complete graded set boxed and carded. I have all 4 boxed playsets already but not graded and a boxed Large size Kenner. I have a complete loose set that I can play with and display. I would never be able to afford to grade my entire Star Wars collection. I will grade my packaged Indy stuff though. Much less to get graded lol.

I'm also grading my loose complete set of knickerbocker lord of the rings. CAS has a packaged case that holds the full set and looks fantastic.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Here's a perfect example of grading benefits.

A complete early bird ALWAYS sells for way more when graded vrs loose.

I know because I watched for over a year while trying to get one.

There are plenty of members here that hate and I mean HATE AFA or CAS.

Expensive items need to be insured, and if people think their homeowners or renters insurance covers this, they are wrong. I have a friend that is an agent, and he said to find a separate policy for the collection and have it documented for values. So many times, people try to commit fraud saying they have priceless art or whatever and have no proof or additional coverage. Truth is, is doesn't matter. You have a contents dollar payout and structure payout. If your house burns to the ground or blows away, how much of that contents reimbursement will replace the main items in your home like furniture and clothing. I would think , the payout will fall far short of replacing the main items, never mind your DT Luke Skywalker.

Bottom line is insurance companies prefer documentation and proof before giving out the policy.

While I'm a die hard Star Wars fan, and yes the OT, I'm not a purist. I feel sorry for those that call themselves purist because, by definition, a purist remains the same and by remaining the same, you can not grow or develop.

Reaction score
Expensive items need to be insured, and if people think their homeowners or renters insurance covers this, they are wrong. I have a friend that is an agent, and he said to find a separate policy for the collection and have it documented for values.
I want to add that Trilogo.info did an interview with Swf.uk founder/owner Edd Grant a few years ago. A portion of it helps in regards to theft. It also has me plan out a means to keep records of every AFA or CAS graded item I end up owning by the time I finally get my own place. Which, with any luck, will not be in the U.S. (or Hoth). But wherever I move it will be done in cases of theft.

Thankfully my rarest Star Wars collectible is my AFA re-graded "Droid Factory" R3-BOO17. The downfall for me is that its value is in flux on eBay. But even then it is one of those rare(-ish) figures people may overlook just because it is not a vintage Kenner figure.

Reaction score
You're partially right. I have an issue with your condescending attitude every time something you refuse to respect pops up. You claiming your point is “valid” proves that you do not care about the truth. But I will be polite and say that anybody who calls you a “jerk” are being polite. 😩

As for graded figures, I am not you. I have zero issues when it comes to another person’s collection. Envious, yes. Anything else, no.

You're walking away from the fact I am trying to treat you like an adult collector? I know. And yes, I'll give up on treating you like that. But note that I tried to respect you. And I do suggest that you take a break from the forum. If you cannot see how you really are coming off, you have issues. 😩

And for the record, I was the one making strong efforts to show you what respect looks like. Every time I felt that something I said sounded combative or offensive, I made an effort to edit it. At zero points have you shown me, or those you don't know, that type of respect here. 😩
YOU ARE TRYING TO PERPETUATE A TROLLISH ARGUEMENT, ANSD AS AN ADULT, i choose TO WALK AWAY FROM IT.

Reaction score
I want to add that Trilogo.info did an interview with Swf.uk founder/owner Edd Grant a few years ago. A portion of it helps in regards to theft. It also has me plan out a means to keep records of every AFA or CAS graded item I end up owning by the time I finally get my own place. Which, with any luck, will not be in the U.S. (or Hoth). But wherever I move it will be done in cases of theft.

Thankfully my rarest Star Wars collectible is my AFA re-graded "Droid Factory" R3-BOO17. The downfall for me is that its value is in flux on eBay. But even then it is one of those rare(-ish) figures people may overlook just because it is not a vintage Kenner figure.
The only issue with theft of a graded item is they can cut the item out , so it’s not completely theft proof however the numbers will certainly help and let’s face it, most people won’t take it out and most thieves aren’t that smart. They say prison IQs are pretty low

Reaction score
YOU ARE TRYING TO PERPETUATE A TROLLISH ARGUEMENT, ANSD AS AN ADULT, i choose TO WALK AWAY FROM IT.
Let me say this in all-caps since you do not get what you have done wrong...

YOU HAVE MADE A SERIES OF INSULTS AND HURLED THEM AT THOSE YOU REFUSE TO RESPECT. YOU THEN TURN AROUND AND LIE ABOUT "NOT HATING" THOSE YOU HAVE INSULTED. AND INSTEAD OF BEING AN ADULT, WHICH REQUIRES YOU TO APOLOGIZE REGARDLESS IF YOU DID NOT MEAN TO INSULT ANYBODY, YOU ONCE AGAIN STARTED UP YOUR UN-ADULT-LIKE BEHAVIOR. BECAUSE YOU REFUSE TO DO WHAT IS RIGHT.

And while I have edited this, I will note that you accusing me of being a troll is the reason why I asked a moderator to see which one of us is being said "troll". Because attacking people you disagree with is not you being an adult. Nor is dismissing it the way you have. That is not how things work, kid. 😩

Last edited:
Reaction score
LET ME SAY THIS LEAVE ME ALONE.....
I stated how i feel about it, and that's my opinion, You put words in my mouth, I said i didn't agree and don't see the point, asked to bow out, yet you keep quoting and harassing me about it, people do not want to read flame wars...

Reaction score
LET ME SAY THIS LEAVE ME ALONE.....
I stated how i feel about it, and that's my opinion, You put words in my mouth, I said i didn't agree and don't see the point, asked to bow out, yet you keep quoting and harassing me about it, people do not want to read flame wars...
Try suggesting that we block each other, along with not making yet another antagonistic statement after that. I mean, seriously. You have a history of making insults towards things you do not like. And I even kept one you made at my expense. So you doing this is not new to me. 😩

Plus I will note that I did not attack you for saying this:

never understood this either, maybe MIB stuff, but loose grading just takes great examples out of the hands of people that love them.
Yes, it is both offensive and antagonistic. Because you are showing complete disregard for those who do not share your reasons to collect. And what made it worse is you only care about your opinions. With signs that it not being accepted being your trigger. Which is not a good thing, dude.

As I said, I sent a request to have a moderator end this. After you attacked me with your "troll" claim, I sent a second one. So with that said, I suggest that you do not respond, you just simply block me before they suggest it, and that you take a day off from the forums. Trust me, a day off helps.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The only issue with theft of a graded item is they can cut the item out , so it’s not completely theft proof however the numbers will certainly help and let’s face it, most people won’t take it out and most thieves aren’t that smart. They say prison IQs are pretty low
That is true. But are thieves smart enough to own the tools needed to cut open the cases, or know those are needed? :unsure:

In all cases I have a cousin that I have recently ex-communicated. The story tied to that is both an irony and has me agree with what you said. :)

Reaction score
That is true. But are thieves smart enough to own the tools needed to cut open the cases, or know those are needed? :unsure:

In all cases I have a cousin that I have recently ex-communicated. The story tied to that is both an irony and has me agree with what you said. :)
Most thieves do it for a quick buck so I doubt they would waste the time. If they were stolen, they would end up in the collectors world eye sooner or later and possibly be caught if the original owner keeps looking for the stolen property.

I do like the serial numbers so we can cross reference with the grading company to check the authentication. That's a great tool

Reaction score
Most thieves do it for a quick buck so I doubt they would waste the time. If they were stolen, they would end up in the collectors world eye sooner or later and possibly be caught if the original owner keeps looking for the stolen property.

I do like the serial numbers so we can cross reference with the grading company to check the authentication. That's a great tool
So...

PITFALL = Smart thieves with time and tools. Once they are cut out, you need some visual reference to show how the figure, card, etc. looks.
UPSIDE = Not all thieves are smart, and will do what it takes to make a quick dollar. So chances are these can be tracked easier.
PITFALL = Some thieves will take that quick buck even if it means damaging the case. Which can make visual references tricky.

And I 100% agree and should add that it is one of those things I still like about AFA. I have yet to use CAS (as my re-graded figure was not a lone purchase), but am debating about using them if I buy anything worth the time needed to have it graded. :unsure:

Utinniii

Reaction score
Let me say this in all-caps since you do not get what you have done wrong...

YOU HAVE MADE A SERIES OF INSULTS AND HURLED THEM AT THOSE YOU REFUSE TO RESPECT. YOU THEN TURN AROUND AND LIE ABOUT "NOT HATING" THOSE YOU HAVE INSULTED. AND INSTEAD OF BEING AN ADULT, WHICH REQUIRES YOU TO APOLOGIZE REGARDLESS IF YOU DID NOT MEAN TO INSULT ANYBODY, YOU ONCE AGAIN STARTED UP YOUR UN-ADULT-LIKE BEHAVIOR. BECAUSE YOU REFUSE TO DO WHAT IS RIGHT.

And while I have edited this, I will note that you accusing me of being a troll is the reason why I asked a moderator to see which one of us is being said "troll". Because attacking people you disagree with is not you being an adult. Nor is dismissing it the way you have. That is not how things work, kid. 😩
Since you asked for Mod intervention here it is.

There are 3 things to consider.
Opinion: This is subjective and changes person to person. EX: I prefer toys to be played with.
Judgement: This implies that one way is right or wrong. EX: MOC collectors are imprisoning tyrants.
Attack: Responding personally about someone or their views. EX: MOC collectors are selfish and evil.

Rebelscum values the first point, tolerates the second but the third is not OK. Individual Mods have different opinions as to the degree of tolerance and severity of these actions.

FUN FACT: Mods have access to all versions of edited posts so we can see what was originally posted. This is helpful as we can see the full story as well as the history.

With that in mind, here is my verdict:

Lobot started this chain of events with the implied JUDGEMENT that MOC collectors don't love their collections. It was a "jerk" (your word, not mine) thing to say.
However, it doesn't break TOU. It just determines if he is worth discussing this subject with. (In your case, not.)

The moment you called him an "ignorant jerk" is where this became a problem. BTW, it also undercuts your statement that you were respectful at any point towards him.

It is admirable that you took the time to educate him, but your way of doing so had a very small chance of working. Attacking him in your subsequent posts just made you look bad. I feel (IMO) that you took things very personally.*

Next time, if someone isn't listening, or is rude, just don't respond. Don't waste your time. It is also disrespectful to the original poster to derail his thread. Also, if in a conversation someone asks you to stop, there is no point speaking any further.

*You might think that I'm judging you when I said you "took it personally". That's fine. However, I can feel however I want about something, right or wrong. I didn't accuse you of it. It was an OPINION and not a JUDGEMENT. The distinction is important. I made this statement in case it is confusing why somethings seem allowed at one point and not at others.

If anything more needs to be discussed by anyone involved, let's take it to a PM.

Back on topic everyone.

Reaction score
So...

PITFALL = Smart thieves with time and tools. Once they are cut out, you need some visual reference to show how the figure, card, etc. looks.
UPSIDE = Not all thieves are smart, and will do what it takes to make a quick dollar. So chances are these can be tracked easier.
PITFALL = Some thieves will take that quick buck even if it means damaging the case. Which can make visual references tricky.

And I 100% agree and should add that it is one of those things I still like about AFA. I have yet to use CAS (as my re-graded figure was not a lone purchase), but am debating about using them if I buy anything worth the time needed to have it graded. :unsure:
I have CAS graded Indiana Jones mocs and I really enjoy the custom cases they offer , AFA doesn’t have graded options like CAS and the other downfall with AFA at the moment is they are only doing loose vintage Star Wars figures for the time being

I just sent a Beloq moc to cas and got it back in less than a month

AFA takes a while

Reaction score
Also

one other advantage to CAS is they offer a certification without a number grade

If I’m not mistaken, number grades are one of the main reasons why members don’t like and are turned off from grading

AFA sells you a matching certificate
CAS gives you one with matching hologram
CAS is also less expensive