GOT writers BAILED!

Reaction score
the first Terminator movie was rated R. they sold VHS copies in "toys-r-us", alongside the action figures from the same movie.
Well, I don't know if that ever happened this side of the pond. The likes of 'The Terminator' and 'Aliens' were always an 18 certificate over here and were definitely viewed as "adult" films back in the 80's. Kid me had a hell of a time trying to rent those from the video shop.

I think these days, they'd be an easy 15 cert though. But back then, anything horror related was usually slapped with an 18 cert.

Reaction score
I adore RO the mostest, but seeing Baze shoot a Stormtrooper at point blank with his machine gun thingy-- with not a splat of blood/shattered helmet/ blown head as the result was just pathetic. (And nor does gratuitous s e x need to be a component of SW, although what exactly would be wrong with a topless female???? Granted bare-chested males aren’t typical in a SW film. Just that it’s a huge and barbaric galaxy, that of which I’m sure there are some slightly liberated or brave species that wouldn’t find going topless a big deal.)

The brawls depicted in GOT were always a highlight: Ugly, raw, unflinching, sweaty and absolutely bloody. That’s war; whether it’s between two opponents fighting to the death like Brienne vs The Hound, or thousands hacking away in The Battle Of The Ba*tards. There’s bound to be blood. I never understood allowing the kiddies to watch a fight/brawl/battle— as long as there’s no blood-- it’s apparently wholesome fun (I guess it’s the equivalent of Catholic schoolgirls deeming taking it from behind makes them officially untouched….). Frankly, showing the rugrats the consequences of violence is much more responsible and conscientious than feeding them the illusion that war is fun. And we’re in an era now where kids just don’t care for SW. No matter how many cutesy, desperately-trying-o-keep-up with MCU and Disney Princesses Kathy may try to turn SW into, kids and especially little girls aren’t interested in general. Without adults— and especially the old nerddom, SW will not survive. So hopefully, Bob is finally letting SW grow up.

Reaction score
Well, I don't know if that ever happened this side of the pond. The likes of 'The Terminator' and 'Aliens' were always an 18 certificate over here and were definitely viewed as "adult" films back in the 80's. Kid me had a hell of a time trying to rent those from the video shop.

I think these days, they'd be an easy 15 cert though. But back then, anything horror related was usually slapped with an 18 cert.
There was a planned Aliens cartoon series that never got made that the toyline was supposed to tie into. I also recall reading about plans for a Terminator cartoon series as well. I think that's why the toy lines were produced. They had the licenses, so they decided to make the toys even thought the cartoon series wasn't going to be made after all.

Reaction score
yeah but it was still weird to see a cardboard display-case full of toys, c/w VHS tapes in the middle of a TOY store.

the action figures said "AGES 3 AND UP" on the box -- but the movie said "RESTRICTED ADULT" :p LOL

^^ "choking hazard -- not for children under 3 years" LOL

Last edited:
Reaction score
There was a planned Aliens cartoon series that never got made that the toyline was supposed to tie into. I also recall reading about plans for a Terminator cartoon series as well. I think that's why the toy lines were produced. They had the licenses, so they decided to make the toys even thought the cartoon series wasn't going to be made after all.
I hadn't heard that. Wonder if the Terminator was going to do the "knowing is half the battle" life lessons? :ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
News to me.

But, I suppose that both 'Aliens' and 'Terminator 2' were kind of more open to a larger audience age range. 'Alien' is certainly the more grown up film and 'The Terminator' is far more serious than 'Terminator 2', so I could see some suit saying "Hey let's make a cartoon for kids". They're not dumbed down, but they certainly aren't as "serious" as 'Alien' or 'The Terminator'.

I reckon I saw 'Aliens' at a fairly young age. I think I was about 12 or 13 and it had no adverse affect on me. Well, if you can exclude fuelling my love of films a healthy pastime. :D I do remember my folks going through the roof about the language, though, in 'Aliens' and I'd reckon that's where most of the justification for it's 18 certificate came from. These days 'Aliens' is classified as a 15's.

Reaction score
Here's an article about the Aliens cartoon

There's not much info about the Terminator cartoon. I think it never got very far passed the planning stage. He's a small article about it.