GOT writers BAILED!

Reaction score
So the writers of Game of Thrones legit just quit. Basically it was assumed that the last season was SO terrible and rushed DUE to them just wanting to work on SW, but NOW they BAILED! Now there was a time when, legit, working on SW was basically the biggest opportunity of your life and a massive honor. But yet again, we see ANOTHER director part ways with Disney SW. How many is this now? But this really makes me wonder just HOW BAD it really must be that THESE GUYS just outright quit their planned trilogy, what essentially they RUIN rushed GOT FOR, because there clearly had to be some disagreement. And this KEEPS happening. They stated they want to do NETFLIX...OVER SW!? We know it wasn't money, we know it's not that they don't LIKE SW, it can ONLY BE Disney pushing some sort of agenda they DIDN'T want to do. But this truly is just the crumbling state of the franchise.

Last edited:
Reaction score
they got a NINE-figure deal with Netflix. that's insane. they could literally **** in a bag and still collect that money. OR work on a SW movie (and put up with the antics of KK&co).

hmmm... tough choice.

Reaction score
they got a NINE-figure deal with Netflix. that's insane. they could literally **** in a bag and still collect that money. OR work on a SW movie (and put up with the antics of KK&co).

hmmm... tough choice.
I mean, way I see it, these guys are lousy writers if the ending of GOT is an indication. But it also ending so poorly is partly due to them wanting to do SW. So HOW BAD does Disney's ideas for this new trilogy have to be for THESE guys to exit?

Reaction score
Isn’t it simply just rumours the reason they rushed through the final GOT Season was because of their SW opportunity???? Frankly, Season 6 and 7 were just as poorly executed for the most part as Season 8…

If Disney were smart, they’d best just concentrate on the Mando/Cassian/Obi-Wan series. Lay off the blockbuster/trilogies for the time being. SW has become directionless, scattered and desperately trying to keep up with MCU. And the new generation just aren’t into SW (could you blame them???).

Perhaps Disney should take a hint from DC and invest in a solid well-developed dark horse like Joker— rather than churning out hollow, over-budgeted generic blockbuster-wannabe like Superman vs Whatever. It’s time SW grew up— and RO was such a nice starting point. And it's time for a R-rated SW, frankly.

Reaction score
Must it always be about a big payout though, surely the chance to work on Star Wars is/was worth something? It's not like Disney was going to pay with peanuts.

As I've commented before, I wasn't totally sure they were right for SW. Never seen one episode of GoT. I just know that I'm a little apprehensive about Disney even doing KotOR type story, if that indeed is what was planned. Considering how they treated Luke's character, who's to say what they would do with one that doesn't even matter to 90% of the world.

IMO they cannot afford to keep alienating Directors, at least the ones who might have a shred of originality and a backbone.

Reaction score
I was skeptical about those two on board for SW, since I am one of those who think they completely crash landed GoT and apparently because they had SW in their sights. So I can't say I am sorry for them leaving/getting booted - however I was interested to see what era and how they could churn it out. And part of me is also thinking "What if Netflix cancels on them too" .. Then they start to look like persona non gratas.

Reaction score
Isn’t it simply just rumours the reason they rushed through the final GOT Season was because of their SW opportunity???? Frankly, Season 6 and 7 were just as poorly executed for the most part as Season 8…

If Disney were smart, they’d best just concentrate on the Mando/Cassian/Obi-Wan series. Lay off the blockbuster/trilogies for the time being. SW has become directionless, scattered and desperately trying to keep up with MCU. And the new generation just aren’t into SW (could you blame them???).

Perhaps Disney should take a hint from DC and invest in a solid well-developed dark horse like Joker— rather than churning out hollow, over-budgeted generic blockbuster-wannabe like Superman vs Whatever. It’s time SW grew up— and RO was such a nice starting point. And it's time for a R-rated SW, frankly.
Personally, I found little wrong with any season of GoT. There were flaws for sure, but the internet meltdown over 8 was silly for the most part and more to do with fans not getting the story they wrote in their heads more than anything else.

In any case, this "rushed" thing never struck me. In terms of running times, S8 is about the same as S6, because most of the episodes were about 90 minutes long. I reckon a lot of folk are just looking at the episode number and concluding that it was short. I watched S7 and S8 almost back to back and it certainly didn't feel rushed to me.

In any case, it doesn't really matter to me whether the GoT lads are involved or not, but it does illustrate that Diswars continues to be of a shambolic nature.

As for what Disney are going to do next, I think you'll get your wish re: concentrating on TV fare. 'The Mandalorian' looks good. Cassian I'm on board for and I'll wait and see what they come up with for Obi-Wan, because that has the potential to be really stupid. As for me, what I'd really like to see next from Disney re: cinema Star Wars would be a story focusing on Vader in between 'Star Wars' and 'The Empire Strikes Back'.

Reaction score
Personally, I found little wrong with any season of GoT. There were flaws for sure, but the internet meltdown over 8 was silly for the most part and more to do with fans not getting the story they wrote in their heads more than anything else.

In any case, this "rushed" thing never struck me. In terms of running times, S8 is about the same as S6, because most of the episodes were about 90 minutes long. I reckon a lot of folk are just looking at the episode number and concluding that it was short. I watched S7 and S8 almost back to back and it certainly didn't feel rushed to me.

In any case, it doesn't really matter to me whether the GoT lads are involved or not, but it does illustrate that Diswars continues to be of a shambolic nature.

As for what Disney are going to do next, I think you'll get your wish re: concentrating on TV fare. 'The Mandalorian' looks good. Cassian I'm on board for and I'll wait and see what they come up with for Obi-Wan, because that has the potential to be really stupid. As for me, what I'd really like to see next from Disney re: cinema Star Wars would be a story focusing on Vader in between 'Star Wars' and 'The Empire Strikes Back'.
Once these two had to write on their own without the source material, my God, they were embarrassingly incompetent. The only thing I’ll miss about the GOT duo not taking on SW, is that they sure knew how to show up with killer armour designs. That, and they were the only hope that SW would finally leave OT-purgatory and be set in a (pre-)Prequel era. Frankly, I’m already bored of these “new” series still set in the OT-era with the same old same old designs. Post-OT era looks so dull: It’s like post-LOTR with The Scouring Of The Shire

I know SW is at a point now where it's deep in the 9 circles of OT-era purgatory. Yet, if these stories are as solid as RO, then I won’t complain (...much). But the difference between RO and a series is that the former is a single film. Even RO as a 10+ hour series is trying my tolerance level for OT-centricity— which Cassian series is set out to be. There is such a thing as overstaying one’s welcome. We’ll see.

(I’ll slump back to my corner and get lost in the visionary designs of TPM now and reimagine it with the tone of The Last Samurai-- where Qui-Gonn is Katsumoto; Obi-Wan is Nathan; Amidala is Taka; and rugrat Anakin is Higen...)

Reaction score
The funniest but also laziest thing I ever heard from a writer was when one of the two were interviewed about Euron shooting down one of Dany's dragons...and how the framework just doesn't work. How couldn't she see them? So their excuse was...I kid you not...that Dany just FORGOT about the Iron Fleet. She just...FORGOT?! Are you SERIOUS? The second I heard that, I started thinking about ridiculous SW comparisons. Can you imagine the rebels lose on Hoth because they FORGOT the empire was a thing? You're spot on, once the onus was put on THEM to now write rather than adapt, things spun out of control faster than a harpooned dragon. To this day, due to the closing of the show, I've never seen a story end that rendered SO MUCH of it utterly pointless. Take the white walkers. The freaking show OPENS with them and so much of the series is their looming otherworldly threat...and finally they get past the wall, they get to ONE location (which BTW...they know the dude can resurrect the dead...so they hid...in a crypt!?) and Arya (of all people) jumps out like Spider-Man and offs them all in one blow. They never even really DID much of anything...and just like that...it's over! They were a giant red herring?! Cersei "I'm just going to stare out a window this whole season" Lannister IS the true villain? That seems SO anticlimactic. And then one of the best and most compelling redemption plots, Jaime Lannister, is ALSO rendered irrelevant when he goes back to her...not to kill her and show how much he's learned and grown...but rather to confess his undying love. WOW! What a GIANT F-you. I can ONLY IMAGINE HOW terrible their SW trilogy would be.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Get snuff film rich off of Netflix money or deal with bonefett types angrily tweeting at you every 5 minutes with some death threats thrown in? Pretty easy choice to make.

Reaction score
Get snuff film rich off of Netflix money or deal with bonefett types angrily tweeting at you every 5 minutes with some death threats thrown in? Pretty easy choice to make.
Still being a d0uche I see.
I don't even have Twitter loser.

Reaction score

.....WHAT? That makes NO SENSE to me.

This was a thread intended to discuss what could have been with the GOT writers doing SW, not for some personal agenda you had against another member and for you to make disgusting comments.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The funniest but also laziest thing I ever heard from a writer was when one of the two were interviewed about Euron shooting down one of Dany's dragons...and how the framework just doesn't work. How couldn't she see them? So their excuse was...I kid you not...that Dany just FORGOT about the Iron Fleet. She just...FORGOT?! Are you SERIOUS? The second I heard that, I started thinking about ridiculous SW comparisons. Can you imagine the rebels lose on Hoth because they FORGOT the empire was a thing? You're spot on, once the onus was put on THEM to now write rather than adapt, things spun out of control faster than a harpooned dragon. To this day, due to the closing of the show, I've never seen a story end that rendered SO MUCH of it utterly pointless. Take the white walkers. The freaking show OPENS with them and so much of the series is their looming otherworldly threat...and finally they get past the wall, they get to ONE location (which BTW...they know the dude can resurrect the dead...so they hid...in a crypt!?) and Arya (of all people) jumps out like Spider-Man and offs them all in one blow. They never even really DID much of anything...and just like that...it's over! They were a giant red herring?! Cersei "I'm just going to stare out a window this whole season" Lannister IS the true villain? That seems SO anticlimactic. And then one of the best and most compelling redemption plots, Jaime Lannister, is ALSO rendered irrelevant when he goes back to her...not to kill her and show how much he's learned and grown...but rather to confess his undying love. WOW! What a GIANT F-you. I can ONLY IMAGINE HOW terrible their SW trilogy would be.
You know, I wouldn’t have any issue with all the sloppy storytelling and how the characters evolved into goofy gimmicky caricatures— even that these two openly admitted to Dany having forgotten about Euron’s fleet (LOL— WTF…), if the goofy tone was consistent and established from Season 1. But it’s so jarring how well-written and well-developed every single character was from the early Seasons, and just how flat a parody they became for nothing more than a gimmicky moment: It’s so painful to watch how low they plummeted to by Season 8 to cater to the lowest of common denominators (di*k and t*ts joke just to keep the mouthbreathers watching) — when they all started so well in Season 1 (Jon just screaming at a zombie dragon as his final confrontation when he was hyped up for the last few Seasons as The Chosen One is one of those instances where I can’t decide if it’s an insultingly WTF moment, or a lulz moment…) The SW equivalent would be going from ESB too…TLJ.

And despite such ugly lows, I was still looking forward these to two taking on SW because there are certain elements of the production under their direction that’s undeniably impressive, if only on a purely superficial level. It’s such a sign of the times that even the worst and most shallow of GOT is tolerable next to what Disney has done to damage the SW brand in a mere 4 years. It’s still so weird to me that out of this mess, the superior RO came through so solidly in both its storytelling and aesthetic direction… I hope the streaming series will redeem the brand with RO-level of storytelling, characterization— and design aesthetic.

(And with these guys having bailed, hopes of a more mature, even R-rated SW goes along with them...:sigh:...)

Reaction score
.....WHAT? That makes NO SENSE to me.

This was a thread intended to discuss what could have been with the GOT writers doing SW, not for some personal agenda you had against another member and for you to make disgusting comments.
So an extremely vocal section of star wars fans are constantly harassing,trolling, and sending death threats and you don't think it makes sense for directors,etc to not want to deal with that,especially when they can make way more money on netflix?

Reaction score
I'm not sure that Bonefett has ever sent a "death threat" to a SW director.

I would think it makes MORE sense that these same directors would not want to deal with KK,
(given her habit of FIRING "directors,etc" at the drop of a hat), especially when they can make way more money on netflix.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toxic_workplace

Reaction score
LOL @GOT duo leaving SW for fear of the interweb meanies’ impending harassments… I just can’t LOOOL

When 10yo sweet little suburban girls and devotees of youtuber Miranda Sings are sending "death threats” by the hundreds to the her exhusband on a daily basis, I’m sure the GOT duo can handle a handful of SW loons keyboard trolling them. They sure have enough experience dealing with critcisms with their insulting Season 8 mess.

No doubt they’re going where the money is. I’d do the exact same if I were them.

Reaction score
LOL @GOT duo leaving SW for fear of the interweb meanies’ impending harassments… I just can’t LOOOL

When 10yo sweet little suburban girls and devotees of youtuber Miranda Sings are sending "death threats” by the hundreds to the her exhusband on a daily basis, I’m sure the GOT duo can handle a handful of SW loons keyboard trolling them. They sure have enough experience dealing with critcisms with their insulting Season 8 mess.

No doubt they’re going where the money is. I’d do the exact same if I were them.
Exactly, it's either money or artistic disagreement. One of the two. But I def. agree, my man...the ONE positive they brought was the prospect of R-rated SW. Now I think that may have BEEN the artistic disagreement. Disney was like "Nope, too hardcore," and perhaps they're like "Alright, we're out then." Now I don't think they'd go GOT levels of dark, but you get my meaning. See the thing is, comics have shown that attempting more mature content can be IMMENSELY successful. Society is what apparently has an issue with that. Apparently comics are "kids stuff," well...are they really? REALLY? Some of it is and has been, absolutely, but it's not inherently. And that's just it, neither is SW. I always HATED the argument that SW is simply children content. Since when? Did we WATCH the same movies? So I'm with you to the end of the line, bro. I'd love to see a FLAT OUT ***** to the wall R-Rated SW. Yes it'll be risky, yes it'll receive as much controversy as say the new Joker movie did, but is it a BAD idea? No. It's just a different step.

But no denying, no matter how good it started and terrible it got, the show always LOOKED beautiful. I mean season 8 goes to show that these two are visual people, not writers, because honestly? It may have my favorite SHOTS of the series, but at the very same time it's the WORST episodes as far as story. I particularly love the Dany with dragon wings framing and my absolute favorite? The Mountain looming down on the Hound on the stairs of the Red Keep, crumbling, and the side of the wall collapsed and you see the dragon fly by and spew fire as brothers finally collide. It also may be my favorite though because Cleganebowl was the one thing that I felt DID make sense and how I DID imagine it ending. It felt true to the characters. The Mountain at this point has a very Frankenstein meets Vader meets Lord of the Rings feel and I just adore all those things. The guy is just SO freaking intimidating. Plus there's the added aspect of the fact that the actor really IS the worlds strongest man. Plus the Hound is either my favorite or second favorite character on the show. It's one of the only scenes in Season 8 that I actually really liked and felt sincerely accurate to the character portrayals. It would only end this way. I'm with you on the armors, my personal favorite designs are the early golden Kings Guard Jaime Lannister armor and the Hounds intro armor and helmet. If they could have brought in the same concept artists who worked on Thrones for their hypothetical SW, the costume design would blown the ST costumes out of the water. When you really look at the costume for Poe, Finn, even Rey....they're rather bland. Even Kylo, who is perhaps the most visually interesting costume, is still rather redundant. I get thematically he's intending to be like Vader, but still.

So an extremely vocal section of star wars fans are constantly harassing,trolling, and sending death threats and you don't think it makes sense for directors,etc to not want to deal with that,especially when they can make way more money on netflix?
Well...first and foremost...I don't think any extremely vocal fans are constantly sending DEATH threats. Why? Because if that were true, we'd hear an awful lot more about it. Not only that, but we'd SEE it here on this very board. I can't say I've ever seen that firsthand. You're statement is absurdly hyperbole. Now sure, there are some rather venomous fans out there...but...since when is this new? Every fandom has a lunatic fringe and what you've failed to state is that although they are vocal, they're also a massive minority. Secondly, harassment is a relative term. If you consider harassment to be critiquing art or film or writing or acting that was put out and displayed to the general populace to be reviewed...then I'm afraid you and I define harassment as very different things. That is the VAST majority of what I see. What I RARELY see is SINCERE harassment from fans who criticize GOT or SW. Not saying it doesn't happen, but I am saying you're once again highly exaggerating. Then lastly, trolling? You're complaining about trolling? Complaining there's trolling in a fandom on the internet is like complaining there's oxygen in the atmosphere. Chill out...

Last edited:
Reaction score
rumor is, they were "fired" by KK back in May when their season8 finale proved "divisive".
but Lucasfilm agreed to keep it quiet, so they could shop themselves around to other employers, such as Netflix.

Reaction score
rumor is, they were "fired" by KK back in May when their season8 finale proved "divisive".
but Lucasfilm agreed to keep it quiet, so they could shop themselves around to other employers, such as Netflix.
I would have fired them too. And just let them save face until they prove (or disprove) themselves elsewhere.

Reaction score
I would have fired them too. And just let them save face until they prove (or disprove) themselves elsewhere.
Come to think, you guys are right. Maybe my theory on artistic difference could ALSO be...even Disney watched Seaon 8 and was like "Whoa, this is bad!" Could be the opposite of my gut instinct. Maybe the TRUE story is Disney bailed on them rather than the other way around.

All I really know is, well, I am kind of grateful that, though I would like a rated R SW personally, they're not the ones doing it. Thank God! The second they had to create their own content instead of deriving from G.R.R. Martin, the show went from genius to...slowly but sure down the toilet.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Gee, it would have to be really bad if Disney thought it was. I mean they gave green light on TLJ after all.

Reaction score
Even with the flaws in writing that B+W are accused of in 'Game of Thrones', it was far, far, superior to 'The Force Awakens', 'The Last Jedi', and 'Solo'.

Everybody may be eating their words when we see who their replacements turn out to be. :\

Reaction score
Why would anyone want an R-rated Star Wars movie? The movies are just fine without *** scenes, nudity, and gore. Just go to a porn site and save yourself the embarrassment of being arrested for Pauling your Rubin in a theater.

Reaction score
Why would anyone want an R-rated Star Wars movie? The movies are just fine without *** scenes, nudity, and gore. Just go to a porn site and save yourself the embarrassment of being arrested for Pauling your Rubin in a theater.
You sir, are an individual of very little class.

Reaction score
R rated films (18 this side of the pond) doesn't mean "*** scenes, nudity, and gore".

Americans are really strange when it comes to films. :wtf:

Reaction score
Are you really that simple or are you just pretending to be to get attention?

Reaction score
But no denying, no matter how good it started and terrible it got, the show always LOOKED beautiful. I mean season 8 goes to show that these two are visual people, not writers, because honestly? It may have my favorite SHOTS of the series, but at the very same time it's the WORST episodes as far as story. I particularly love the Dany with dragon wings framing and my absolute favorite? The Mountain looming down on the Hound on the stairs of the Red Keep, crumbling, and the side of the wall collapsed and you see the dragon fly by and spew fire as brothers finally collide. It also may be my favorite though because Cleganebowl was the one thing that I felt DID make sense and how I DID imagine it ending. It felt true to the characters..
I dig Cleganebowl for all the wrong reasons— the main one being Cersei discreetly tiptoe-ing out of their way and scurrying down the stairs like it was an oopsie is such a LOL/WTF moment.

Yes, this duo absolutely understand the importance and impact of larger-than-life painterly visuals. I’d even say the cinematography-- and definitely the action sets became grander, more all-out stunning and ambitious, and admittedly just outright gorgeous as the show progressively got worse and worse in the storytelling department. Some of the first few Seasons looked outright cheap and soap opera-ish in some places. But action sets from Battle Of The Ba*tards and Hardhome were stunning and pure intensity— even if the Seasons/episodes they were from were already on a downward decline in terms of storytelling.

And this is exactly what I mean when I say it’s so easy to overlook and forgive the sloppy storytelling and heinous characterizations when the visuals look so gorgeous many of the times. So if that’s all their SW is: Pure visuals over any semblance of substance— and imagine their trilogy set in prePrequel (KOTOR?) era with their brand of distinct GOT-ish design aesthetic, it’s so easy to get excited and forgive them for their past trespasses and hope for the best… Unlike JJ, these two do actually possess genuine originality and flair. (And if it’s R-rated to boot— cuz you know, for those that are wondering why Star Wars would feel and look right to be gritty, raw and intense in its depiction of war… Totally swoonworthy…)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I dig Cleganebowl for all the wrong reasons— the main one being Cersei discreetly tiptoe-ing out of their way and scurrying down the stairs like it was an oopsie is such a LOL/WTF moment.

Yes, this duo absolutely understand the importance and impact of larger-than-life painterly visuals. I’d even say the cinematography-- and definitely the action sets became grander, more all-out stunning and ambitious, and admittedly just outright gorgeous as the show progressively got worse and worse in the storytelling department. Some of the first few Seasons looked outright cheap and soap opera-ish in some places. But action sets from Battle Of The Ba*tards and Hardhome were stunning and pure intensity— even if the Seasons/episodes they were from were already on a downward decline in terms of storytelling.

And this is exactly what I mean when I say it’s so easy to overlook and forgive the sloppy storytelling and heinous characterizations when the visuals look so gorgeous many of the times. So if that’s all their SW is: Pure visuals over any semblance of substance— and imagine their trilogy set in prePrequel (KOTOR?) era with their brand of distinct GOT-ish design aesthetic, it’s so easy to get excited and forgive them for their past trespasses and hope for the best… Unlike JJ, these two do actually possess genuine originality and flair. (And if it’s R-rated to boot— cuz you know, for those that are wondering why Star Wars would feel and look right to be gritty, raw and intense in its depiction of war… Totally swoonworthy…)
Dude that was hysterical. Did you see the gif meme of Cersei walking by compared to Jim on the Office walking right through the fight? Plus another funny aspect? Qyburn. I was like....whelp...there it is. Hey, he always was an egghead. But yes, despite it's beautiful looking...so much of the story was so jarringly terrible I just didn't care that much. Dangling a shiny ornament in front of me will never distract me ENOUGH from a bad story. But as betrayed as I feel over what they did to GOT, I was willing to give them a shot on SW. It wouldn't (or hopefully) be redundant recycled ideas done and redone over and over again. And even if not Rated R, I highly doubt it would be LESS mature. So my interest was at least peaked, albeit a bit concerned. With the ST, I've just never hit a lower interest in the franchise. That even includes the PT.

Reaction score
This really is a narrow minded view. Just look at how close GL skirted the rules to allow ROTS to get a PG-13 rating. What kind of those actions above were in that Movie to warrant an R rating?

TBH the rating system for Theaters is outdated when we have so much content readily available to Minors online without such restrictions.
And I agree, the U.S. is very prudish compared to other Countries when it comes to Movies. Yet they don't seem to have issues that we do.

Reaction score
Translating the simple what if concept of a Rated R SW into basically X Rated pornography is totally just becoming offended because you want to BE offended. In what universe does Rated R translate to smut? We're not saying "Oh wouldn't IT be interesting if they made SW like The Human Centipede," LMFAO! There are countless examples of R Rated films that don't have sexual content or grindhouse-like explicit violence. They're just heavier in content than OTHER films. Aliens, Predator, Terminator, Joker, and many many horror films don't go X with their content. They're simply just adult. Imagine a film about the origins of the Sith. How could you truly pull that off justly with a PG-13 rating? It would be a shell of what it could or even should be.

Reaction score
Prime examples are Deadpool an Logan. Agreed, just because you give a move an R rating doesn't mean it has to be filled with that kind of content from start to finish. But it simply allows movies like last Blood the freedom to have certain scenes.

I would certainly be down with a Sith Movie with a bit darker theme, and being able to do more than ROTS. I'm not saying the character would have to go full Michael Meyers, but a scene or two more than just Anakin staring at a groups of Jedi. Then cut to something else.

Reaction score
R ratings are given out for extreme violence, sexual situations, nudity, and foul language. Cussing is out the window unless the writers decided that the word f*** exists in the star wars universe, so that just leaves extreme violence,sexual situations and nudity. In order to get the R rating the violence would have to be stuff like guys getting their heads blown off and blood splattering everywhere. That's the system and how it works. Deadpool isn't a good example. The movie's full of graphic violence,tons of cussing, a bazillion sexual references, and brief nudity. Rogue One and Revenge of the Sith were both dark and adult and didn't have brains splattered all over the wall or natalie portman's boobs.

Reaction score
This really is a narrow minded view. Just look at how close GL skirted the rules to allow ROTS to get a PG-13 rating. What kind of those actions above were in that Movie to warrant an R rating?

TBH the rating system for Theaters is outdated when we have so much content readily available to Minors online without such restrictions.
And I agree, the U.S. is very prudish compared to other Countries when it comes to Movies. Yet they don't seem to have issues that we do.
lol very true. The cussing rules are just dumb. Think it's you can say f*** 3 times but 4 times is just too much for the children to handle.

Reaction score
It's the same with a protruding female attributes... you just can't show a n1pp7e, but the rest of the b00b, no problem. But guns/gun violence is ok to show. I don't mind any of it, in fact I've heard it's healthy to gaze upon aforementioned attributes, oh well, probably better to stop here :)

Reaction score
the first Terminator movie was rated R. they sold VHS copies in "toys-r-us", alongside the action figures from the same movie.

Reaction score
Revenge of the Sith was never anywhere close to getting an R rating. Lucas told the MPAA to make it PG-13

R Wasn't Going To Ever Happen

Revenge of the Sith is the first Star Wars film to receive a PG-13 rating from the Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA), officially for "thematic elements sci-fi violence and some sensuality intense images", namely for the scene in which Darth Vader is set aflame by lava and molten rock. Lucas had stated months before the MPAA's decision that he felt the film should receive a PG-13 rating, because of Anakin's final moments and the film's content being the darkest and most intense of all six films.[57] Some critics, including Roger Ebert and Richard Roeper, later responded that children would be able to handle the film as long as they had parental guidance, hence a "PG rating".[58] All previously released films in the series were rated PG. The PG-13 rating had not existed when the films in the original trilogy were released; however, the original trilogy's films were later re-submitted to the MPAA due to changes in the re-released versions and once again received PG ratings. When Revenge of the Sith was released in Canada, it was given a PG rating in most provinces, excluding Quebec, where it was rated G. In the United Kingdom it received a 12A rating by the British Board of Film Classification (BBFC). In Australia, the film was rated M for mature audiences by the Australian Classification Board (ACB).

Reaction score
R ratings are given out for extreme violence, sexual situations, nudity, and foul language. Cussing is out the window unless the writers decided that the word f*** exists in the star wars universe, so that just leaves extreme violence,sexual situations and nudity. In order to get the R rating the violence would have to be stuff like guys getting their heads blown off and blood splattering everywhere. That's the system and how it works. Deadpool isn't a good example. The movie's full of graphic violence,tons of cussing, a bazillion sexual references, and brief nudity. Rogue One and Revenge of the Sith were both dark and adult and didn't have brains splattered all over the wall or natalie portman's boobs.
An R is not just given out for those reasons you listed. There can be numerous criteria applied and it means that persons under 17 be accompanied. Some R rated films are rather tame too, but can deal with adult themes. This doesn't necessarily mean **** and murder. What you're essentially thinking of is an NC-17 rating (no persons under 17 admitted at all), which at the US box office is a death knell for movie makers for some bizarre reason.

But no Star Wars movie is ever going to be an NC-17, because A. Disney wouldn't allow it and B. getting cinemas to show it would be a task in itself.

That being said, I think Star Wars can afford to grow up a little too. 'Rogue One' has shown that Star Wars can be serious when it's dealing with a serious situation (without going OTT) and 'The Mandarlorian' looks like it may be a bit more po faced about things too, which is completely fine by me. In any case, I think the upper limit for Star Wars will always be a 15 certificate should film makers ever dare to go down a more adult route, which is actually an R rating in the US, strangely enough.