Goss Toowers

Reaction score
Indeed, the 6" version looks amazing because of that removable helmet. Great Alien design. This guy could have a great design too but we'll never know...
I'm sure that we'll get an unmasked 3.75 Atsy figure somewhere down the road. It's just another reason for Hasbro to get everyone's money again--release a (relatively) inferior figure first, then release the one collectors really want after everyone bought the first figure.

Reaction score
After purchasing Goss the other day, I have actually grown to really like this figure. I can't place my finger on what exactly about the figure is really intriguing. Maybe it is his retro 1970s-style helmet with the strange holes on the side? It's paint job and sculpt quality is actually a little better than TFA figures.

Before reading your post my initial impressions of this one were favorable. There's definitely something endearing about this one. The color blend/scheme matches nicely, the overall simplicity is easy on the eye, and the curious look of benevolence to him is nice, plus the fact he's an alien of some sort, all these aspects had me hooked the second i saw this one. Haven't seen it in my neck of the woods yet, but i'm definitely waiting for it. Will buy at least two of this.

Reaction score
Might be going out on a limb here....but you know how Abrams loves his secrets and puzzles.

It's been reported that Ello Asty is a play on "Hello Nasty" as a tribute to the Beastie Boys. "Born to Ill" in on his helmet in Aurebesh. (Nice...nice.)

Goss Toowers was really bugging me. Then my wife said...what if it's pronounced "Joss" as in Joss Whedon...but the character has nothing to do with Joss Whedon...but rather...

Is a play on "Jon Stewart".

Think I'm wrong? Maybe! But Stewart is a huge and very supportive fan, and I think it would be a hilarious move on Abrams' part to name a short squatty alien after Stewart.

What do you think??

Reaction score
Nor do I, nor do I want any political hack of any stripe near SW. Keep it apolitical and please, no galactic senate scenes or debates. Thanks!
Bit late for such things isnt since the orginal trilogy and Jedi in particular is a statement on the Vietnam war and the USA's involvement.....

Reaction score
Had no intention to make anything political. Just wondering about the name.

Never mind. Onward.

Reaction score
I thought is sounded kind of like Gus. And not to stereotype, has a mechanic-like sound to it. Just my guess.

Reaction score
Purchased Goss today. Happy with this one. Interesting character in figure form. Will be waiting to see what part he plays in the movie.

GNT

Reaction score
Picked one up today, for a background alien his pretty neat.

Reaction score
I picked this guy up over the weekend. I like him. He fits in with Constable Zuvio and the two dudes that came with BB-8.

Reaction score
I picked this guy up over the weekend. I like him. He fits in with Constable Zuvio and the two dudes that came with BB-8.

For some strange reason I thought one of the characters in the three pack with BB-8 is that new actor, Rey, with her desert scenario clothing.

Reaction score
For some strange reason I thought one of the characters in the three pack with BB-8 is that new actor, Rey, with her desert scenario clothing.
You can pick up that Rey with the speeder, if you haven't already.

I ended up finding Goss a few weeks back at a Walmart about 15 minutes from my work. I went in and they had 3 Goss' and a couple Inquisitors.
To me, that meant that they had at least HAD the rest of the wave.

I bought Goss and went back about 2 weeks later to check their stock and they had completely restocked but only with the Wave 1 figures. Only 2 Inquisitor's left, no Goss, a few Sarco's and Asty's, and a buttload of Ezra and Kanan's.

I guess I got lucky when I found him. I had to resort to ordering the rest of the wave 2 jungle/space assortment on Hasbro Toy Shop today.

Reaction score
I bought Goss and went back about 2 weeks later to check their stock and they had completely restocked but only with the Wave 1 figures.

I guess I got lucky when I found him. I had to resort to ordering the rest of the wave 2 jungle/space assortment on Hasbro Toy Shop today.
Funny how there doesn't seem to be any structure to Hasbro's release methodology. The whole stock schedule seems totally sporadic and even erratic, quite unpredictable. Good thing is I feel like i'm on a treasure hunt:D. I have three stores in the city stocking TFA figures, and three at a huge shopping mall (biggest in Southern Hemisphere) a half-hour drive away, and this shopping mall is so big that they send a courtesy bus coach to the city to pick shoppers up and get us there free and then bring us back to

Reaction score
this shopping mall is so big that they send a courtesy bus coach to the city to pick shoppers up and get us there free and then bring us back to
Lucky...

I'm spending all my gas driving around most of Dallas to track these suckers down.
(And Dallas is a relatively large city)

At a certain point, it costs more in gas than to buy the figures.

Reaction score
Lucky...

I'm spending all my gas driving around most of Dallas to track these suckers down.
(And Dallas is a relatively large city)

At a certain point, it costs more in gas than to buy the figures.
That's a real bummer, i never considered that scenario. The cost of petrol < 'Gas' in American vernacular) would make things a bit exy. The things we do for what we want:wtf:

FYI I live in a suburb right next door to the city, so it's literally a 10 minute tram ride away. Here in Melbourne we have the biggest Tram network in the world, it covers the entire city plus 'all' the suburbs, plus a complete Train network covering the entire city and all the suburbs plus an entire bus network covering the entire city and all the suburbs. Most cities are doing well just to have one of those transport systems, i guess those of us who live in Melbourne are lucky indeed. I'm gonna have to mentally adjust something chronic if i ever leave this city, the convenience of the public transport system here has just made things far too convenient.

Reaction score
I've never really driven to a store to find toys, maybe that's why it doesn't bother me. I've always lived or worked next to enough places to hit up during lunch or on the way the home. Changes are I need something else at a Target, anyway.

That being said, I still wouldn't pay a scalper. I never have, never will. Not judging anyone who does, just saying I'd rather be patient and wait for it to appear online. If it never does, then I just won't own one.

Reaction score
I've never really driven to a store to find toys, maybe that's why it doesn't bother me. I've always lived or worked next to enough places to hit up during lunch or on the way the home. Changes are I need something else at a Target, anyway.

That being said, I still wouldn't pay a scalper. I never have, never will. Not judging anyone who does, just saying I'd rather be patient and wait for it to appear online. If it never does, then I just won't own one.
I paid a scalper for Phasma. Never again.
I waited for the figures I couldn't find to appear on Hasbro Toy Shop this time.

As for the driving, I live/work next to many Walmarts, Targets, Toys R Us, etc.

But certain stores don't have anything for stock.
Other stores have different waves earlier than others. Hence the driving.

Reaction score
I'm curious as to who is forcing anyone to drive around all day looking for something that isn't there? Last time I checked these were in stock at most online places.

Reaction score
I'm curious as to who is forcing anyone to drive around all day looking for something that isn't there? Last time I checked these were in stock at most online places.
Most of them are in stock online.

For me, Kylo and Phasma were not in that week or two after Force Friday.
And as of late, General Hux, Guavian Enforcers, and PZ-4C0 were not available in my area and were also not stocked online anywhere (for retail price, at least).

I picked them up when I found them for retail price.

So I was spending my days off scavenging every store in my area to see if anybody got the space/jungle assortment of Wave 2.
It paid off because I finally found Goss, but the rest of his wave was absent.

Reaction score
Picked up two of these today with the rest of the wave. I'm not really interested in TFA figures, but if anyone is interested in them, I put them up for trade in the trade forum.

Also, if anyone has trouble finding them, I would be okay with selling them too.

Reaction score
Found this guy at Stop & Shop. Using the store card it brought the $9.99 price down to $7.99.

Reaction score
Being pedantic about it, they seem to have given Goss a slight pot-belly on the figure, almost as if he's being at the local pub drinking night after night for many years. My figure here certainly looks like that. Does anyone else see this on their figure?

Reaction score
Being pedantic about it, they seem to have given Goss a slight pot-belly on the figure, almost as if he's being at the local pub drinking night after night for many years. My figure here certainly looks like that. Does anyone else see this on their figure?
Yeah, seems to be a design choice. I love it. It gives him character and let's him stand out from the crowd of skinny figures. He's a chubby alien and I love it.

Reaction score
I was finally able to find Goss yesterday at Target. Someone else grabbed their last PZ-4CO right in front of me though.....

Reaction score
Picked up Goss over the holiday weekend (thanks, Target, for the sale!) and have snapped pics and posted a review at: Review

GNT

Reaction score
He was around in a scene or two in the background so he was one of the lucky few that did make it in just barely.

Reaction score
I didn't see him in the movie. Several figures didn't make it in. One of the many many flaws of this movie