Goss Toowers

GNT

Reaction score
Looks like we'll be seeing this character in the next wave. He did get a LEGO mini figure as well.

Thoughts on seeing the Goss Toowers figure?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yes love getting more aliens. Don't want Constable Zuvio to get lo ely.

Reaction score
Anyone know if this will be an actual character or just some random canon fodder dude? As long as he has a name and there is not a lot of them used as fodder, I am in.

Reaction score
Yep anything that fits in well with Ugnaughts and the Utai is worth purchasing

Reaction score
Yeah, in the small image, he and the droid both look quite cartoony. I'm hoping it's just the picture.

GNT

Reaction score
The character has a Keenser vibe to me. I doubt he'll talk and will only be scene fodder.

Reaction score
Looks cool and I think this will be a buy for me. Glad to see the new film will have some new original designs and not just tweaked OT characters

Reaction score
Honestly, I'd rather have the MIA Utai. This guy is alright, but missing much needed attributes and a decent head sculpt.

Reaction score
Common theme, I think it's because they are all on a pretty dusty planet.
Possibly...
  Spoiler:  
altough he's described as being part of the Resistance technical crew, so it fits that he's probably based on on Yarvin IV (where the Resistance base is located) rather than Jakku - and that the face covering is due to being a technical crew (fumes, exhausts, etc)...

Reaction score
This is pretty good marketing with all these unknown characters being released to the line first. Always fun to dig around and find out how they all fit

Reaction score
The body sculpt is pretty good but the detail is really lacking on the head sculpt/paint from the looks of things.

Ty

Reaction score
Definitely thought 'Utai' when I saw this fella... doesn't mean I don't like him though. He looks cool but yes there is definitely a lot of face-covering going on.... As I said I like the look of him but a lot of the new E7 aliens they've been revealing feel 'less' Star Warsy to me. You know, that's one of the many things the prequels got right IMO, pretty much every alien fit right in and to me could have easily been in the Cantina or Jabba's Palace no problem. I mean the Coruscant aliens (natives and Jedi etc alike) looked like they all belonged. The separatists looked like they belonged, etc etc. I feel like they've hired completely new people (with slightly less imagination) to make some of these guys up. Could just be that we also don't have George signing off on what gets green-lit anymore so the aesthetic is different. I'm sure I'll be very happy when the movie comes out but I definitely need to see Ishi Tibs and Quarrens and Grans and Rodians and Trandoshans and Ithorians and Saurins and Twi-Leks and (the list goes on and on) You know, this stuff is like a religion to me so like everyone else, I just want to see it done right. This guy does look like he fits in so at least there's that.

I watch plenty of 'face-off' and while what those artists accomplish in the amount of time they are given is astounding, it all always seems very rehashed to me, and honestly I just don't want to see our beloved SW aliens looking anything like a lot of the characters you see coming off the stage in that show...

Where's Phil Tippett and Dermot Power when you need them?

GNT

Reaction score
Definitely thought 'Utai' when I saw this fella... doesn't mean I don't like him though. He looks cool but yes there is definitely a lot of face-covering going on....
We've seen a bunch of Aliens on set before who don't have any face coverings.

Ty

Reaction score
I didn't say "every alien so far has half its face covered", I said there's just a lot of face covering action going on. Obviously for the Jakku figures, Jakku is probably prone to crazy sandstorms so it does make total sense that everyone's covered up. As an artist I see plenty of figurative work so for me to see all these characters with half covered faces it rings an all too familiar [bad] bell with me, but that said, it's cool. They live on a desert planet, they don't want sand in their faces. I dig.

Reaction score
I didn't say "every alien so far has half its face covered", I said there's just a lot of face covering action going on. Obviously for the Jakku figures, Jakku is probably prone to crazy sandstorms so it does make total sense that everyone's covered up. As an artist I see plenty of figurative work so for me to see all these characters with half covered faces it rings an all too familiar [bad] bell with me, but that said, it's cool. They live on a desert planet, they don't want sand in their faces. I dig.
Makes a lot of sense to me. Let's look at some hall of famers IMO:
Greedo
Hammerhead
Walrusman
Snags

ugnaught
Bossk

Squidhead
Bib Fortuna
Gammorean Guard
ReeYees
Amanamab

Gragra
Tall creature from Wattos Box

Reaction score
I'm sure there will be plenty of aliens with uncovered faces in the film. I see very understandable reasons for the aliens released so far to have covered faces. I'm just finding it weird that they didn't release some aliens that don't have covered faces. This is the sixth alien by my count. All have covered faces. Just seems really weird. They couldn't have swapped out just one of these guys for an uncovered face alien??

Reaction score
Not trying to revive a dead thread, but I was on the fence about getting this figure. After purchasing Goss the other day, I have actually grown to really like this figure. I can't place my finger on what exactly about the figure is really intriguing. Maybe it is his retro 1970s-style helmet with the strange holes on the side? It's paint job and sculpt quality is actually a little better than TFA figures. Not as good as the prequel or Black Series by a longshot, but acceptable.

I, too, would like to see ailens without their faces half-covered. I understand why (Jakku), but unless the character is seen only outdoors, I don't see why they would keep their face continuously covered. Hopefully they show wind storms in Jakku, or something that shows why everything is covered. Also, isn't Goss supposed to be on another planet than Jakku (making the face covering unnecessary)? Either way, the figure is still a solid addition to my collection.

Reaction score
The face covering off all of the figures just don't make the figures Alien enough for me. I like them, I just want some pure Aliens to show up in all their unmasked glory.

Reaction score
The face covering off all of the figures just don't make the figures Alien enough for me. I like them, I just want some pure Aliens to show up in all their unmasked glory.
Agreed. They have their one shot of showing us an alien's face with Asty and opt to have his helmet molded to his face.

Reaction score
I managed to pick him up the other day. Overall a great figure, but the ball joint head is poorly executed on him. His head pops off if you turn it more than a few degrees.

Reaction score
Agreed. They have their one shot of showing us an alien's face with Asty and opt to have his helmet molded to his face.
Indeed, the 6" version looks amazing because of that removable helmet. Great Alien design. This guy could have a great design too but we'll never know...