Gobots

Reaction score
I've been going through old boxes in my attic and finding many of my old toy treasures including lots of Gobots and thought maybe it's time to have a Gobots thread and post some pictures and memories. Not sure if anyone else used to battle their Transformers against their Gobots but for me as a kid my imagination was constantly in overdrive mixing various toy lines like G.I. Joe meets Star Wars, Battle of the Robots, Secret Wars vs. Super Powers etc...

so let's see some Gobots posts.... let's show some love to this cool line of similar transforming robots that look suspiciously like some Autobots and Decepticons....

so far I've unboxed the following Gobots from my attic:

Cy-Kill
Leader 1
Spay-C
Small Foot
Road Ranger
Man-O-War
Cop-Tur
Van Guard
Zeemon
Baron Von Joy
Puzzler
Turbo
Selectman
Hans Cuff
Res-Q
Clutch
Stinger
Ace
Heat Seeker
Zero
Destroyer
Mach-3
Gunnyr
Royal-T
Good Knight
Night Ranger
Tux
Bad Boy
Mr. Moto
Crasher
Street Heat
Spoiler

these little guys have been bringing back tons of memories. hoping to get some pics of them up soon.

Reaction score
Back in the day the only Gobots I had were Leader 1 and then the cheapy stuff such as the smaller "gobots" such as the jeep one, a white submarine, and one gobot that was a bug insect bad guy whatever he was

Reaction score
As a kid, even though they were made cheaper and didn't have as sophisticated a cartoon backing them up, I always preferred Gobots. 9 times out of 10 I was always very disappointed by Transformers in Robot form. Whereas most of the time I Gobots looked strikingly good both ways.

DarkArtist- If this were a for sale thread, my response definitely would be "PM Sent". ;)

Reaction score
yes Gobots were a kinda cheaper version of the Transformers but I agree with DarthPete that they looked great in both robot and vehicle mode... sometimes being somewhat superior to the Hasbro Transformers from back in the day. I've been posting pics on my twitter feed of all the Gobots that I've been finding boxed away in my attic or ones that I find at toy shows and a wave of great memories keep bouncing back to me. it truly is a form of "Toy Therapy" in many ways. I can let the stress of a hard day's work or family situations melt away by just playing with my old toys and remembering the fun time of just being a kid.

Reaction score
I love the Go-Bots. Transformers are nicer in many ways, but I really liked the Go-Bots and still have some. They were simpler, in my opinion.