Giran - BD21

Reaction score
Wookie_inked said:
Darth_Brett said:
Hasbro's preview of the upcoming Wooof figure along with this figure's pure awesomeness really has me excited for any future Palace goons/skiff guards.
what preview of Wooof? did I miss a picture of that?
It was only design sketches.

Reaction score
Idpullthecurtain said:
Wookie_inked said:
Darth_Brett said:
Hasbro's preview of the upcoming Wooof figure along with this figure's pure awesomeness really has me excited for any future Palace goons/skiff guards.
what preview of Wooof? did I miss a picture of that?
It was only design sketches.
ahhh okay, thanks for the clarification

Reaction score
Just want to chime in and say how impressed I am with this figure. The ROTJ wave is the best wave in a while, and Giran is definitely the best figure of this wave. An inspired face sculpt and great articulation. This sets a new benchmark, for Jabba's palace/skiff guards at the very least.

Reaction score
I have a question about these force staff pikes that some of the sail barge henchmen use. Is it just me or that they're basically rifles with vibro blades attached to them? Giran's pike staff looks like a rifle since it has the trigger on it

Reaction score
I have just purchased Giran from an online dealer and I've noticed that in the packaging its labled Ewoks. Has anyone else came across this mistake?

GNT

Reaction score
Boungh a few of this figure to open up, the figure is outstanding. While I now have 3 I wouldn't mind a few more for background scenes.

Reaction score
GNT said:
Boungh a few of this figure to open up, the figure is outstanding. While I now have 3 I wouldn't mind a few more for background scenes.
The articulation was annoying on Giran. Several joints could barely move. But the head sculpt makes up for it by FAR.

Reaction score
... Still sold out here ... I found one a few weeks ago for 15 Euros, and I fear I must take it, because it's the only one left within lots of kilometres here ...
If they still have it (the figure, I mean), that is ...

Reaction score
Now that we finally have Wooof, I still prefer Giran. Only saw him once, at Albertsons of all places, so he cost a few bucks more; but he was worth it.

Reaction score
AlrikFassbauer said:
... Still sold out here ... I found one a few weeks ago for 15 Euros, and I fear I must take it, because it's the only one left within lots of kilometres here ...
If they still have it (the figure, I mean), that is ...
Man if I had known that a week ago I'd have picked one up and shipped it to ya, he was pegwarming at a Target I stopped at on a road trip.

Reaction score
Thanks for thinking for me, so to say.

But in a week I'll try and go to that shop ... Given that there's a recent increase with prices overall here, it isn't that bad here anymore ... Even bigger shops and retail chains sell the figures now for about 12-14 Euros ... And I already mntioned in nother thread that the wholesaler's prices have also increased ...

Reaction score
Finally got this guy, I really prefer him over the Nikto Gunner. Glad I got both for a reasonable price. :)

Reaction score
That's why I don't display mine. It's nice. but I don't have the space for my Barge Cannon, Rail (from 3-pack) and Kysad's gun. Nysad's gun can cling on to the rail, though. :sneakiness:

Reaction score
The Nikto Gunner can't hold his movie-accurate gun...... :(
I got him to hold it just fine. It clips in the right hand great and the left hand doesn't but it can be placed on the gun so it looks realistic. It's his pistol I have an issue with.

The gun is great, but they just gave it to the wrong guy. :p Shame the old POTF2 Nikto can't hold it.

Reaction score
I got him to hold it just fine. It clips in the right hand great and the left hand doesn't but it can be placed on the gun so it looks realistic. It's his pistol I have an issue with.

The gun is great, but they just gave it to the wrong guy. :p Shame the old POTF2 Nikto can't hold it.
When I say "movie accurate" gun, I mean the pistol. As we all know, Vizam was holding the cannon, not Nysad.

Reaction score
When TLC ended I thought this guy was the best figure in the series, and Hasbro couldn't make a better Nikto. Then Wooof and Fi-Ek came out. Though this guy is still awesome, he got outshined too quickly. I wouldn't mind seeing him in TVC, he'd fit right in.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Okay, I finally replaced my Giran figure from when I sold mine off during one of my big purges, sometime between 2010-2013. And I have two comments:

1. Holy crap! When did the Legacy figures get so expensive on the secondary market? A carded Giran will run you close to $100 on eBay. You can find carded 1983 ROTJ figures for cheaper than that. I wasn't willing to pay that much, so I picked up a loose one for a reasonable price.

2. This figure was one of the best figures in the line, ten years ago, and it still holds up extremely well. In fact, he still looks better than many of the most recent TVC figures that Hasbro has released. Not every figure from 2009 has aged so well but, even a decade later, Giran is still as close to perfection that Hasbro has ever achieved.

Reaction score
He became really expensive after The Barge was announced just like all other Palace / Sarlacc scene items. I can't open mine now knowing he's worth that much. I never plan on selling it but just knowing he's worth that much just can't .

Reaction score
Well, I guess for those on the verge of possibly getting out. It's nice to know they won't be suffering a loss by selling them off now. My problem is that the figures I don't really want to keep, aren't the ones going for a pretty penny. lol

Reaction score
We still have unmade skiff guards to think about. With the state this line is in now, there's near-zero chance that they'd revisit Giran or Nysad.

I found my Giran at a local Albertsons of all places, alongside Paploo/Nho'Apaak (can't believe I spelled that right) and Nien Nunb (B-Wing). He was two or three dollars above normal retail price, but I knew even then I'd feel stupid for letting that stop me. That wave was tough to find.