Giran - BD21

GNT

Reaction score
Giran arrived in the mail today, IMO without a doubt the best army builing figure around atm. All the detail that has gone into him is fantastic like the lumps of his face. I can't wait to pick up a few more of him for a Jabba's Palace/Skiff diorama.

Reaction score
thanks for the pic. I didn't care for this background character and didn't plan to buy it.

BUT these pictures sold me. The detail is amazing...LOVE THE EYES and detailed facial sculpt.

thanks for the picture.

what's the articulation on him?

thanks

Reaction score
spitty said:
thanks for the pic. I didn't care for this background character and didn't plan to buy it.

BUT these pictures sold me. The detail is amazing...LOVE THE EYES and detailed facial sculpt.

thanks for the picture.

what's the articulation on him?

thanks
Well, cool! Glad I could help you change your mind.

He has the standard super-articulation: ball-joint neck, shoulders, elbows, knees and ankles; also swivel waist, hips and wrists (technically forearms). Probably the best job Hasbro has ever done on concealing a figure's joints. There is a minor trade-off with the range of motion of a few of those joints (primarily the knees), but it's not a huge problem for me.

Reaction score
Having found one this week, I can say it looks as good in person as it does in the photos above. One of the best looking figures of the last two years IMO. It looks so real I think it may slither off when I open the package.

Reaction score
I just picked this guy up today, and all I can say is WOW! This may have overtaken Jawa/WED as the figure of the year for me.

GNT

Reaction score
VintijDroidGutzz said:
Man I hope we get these figure here in AUS, I really want this guy!!
It's an awesome figure, well worth trading or buying from overseas. The figure is fantastic from head to toe.

Reaction score
Just got this guy tonight. Great, great figure. Really top notch work on hasbro's part.

I do have a question though, for those who have him, take a good look at his right hand. Does the thumb seem a bit misshapen? It seems to curve inwards and he holds his staff not as tight on that side. Is this just me? It seems like he's designed this way

Reaction score
Sculpt on this guy is truly great. For every misstep Hasbro makes, they can still put out an amazing figure when they want.

Reaction score
Blight said:
Just got this guy tonight. Great, great figure. Really top notch work on hasbro's part.

I do have a question though, for those who have him, take a good look at his right hand. Does the thumb seem a bit misshapen? It seems to curve inwards and he holds his staff not as tight on that side. Is this just me? It seems like he's designed this way
Nope, you're right. Mine was like that too.

I had to take a nail and pry it open so that he could hold his staff in that hand. Same problem with the Nikto Gunners hand.

Reaction score
I was super impressed with this figure, great articulation great sculpt and Hasbro even used the right plastic for the weapon.If this guy paved the way for an awesome version of Wooof then he will be well worth the wait.

Reaction score
AnthonyP said:
I don't think Hasbro could have done a better job with Giran.
I agree. One of the best figures to come out of Hasbro in a while. Plus, the hard plastic vibro-pike makes me giddy to see it in the hands of a resculpted Weequay figure...

Reaction score
FORUM SNEAK PEEK!

I'm working on another batch of Legacy Collection Photo Archive updates, including this figure: GIRAN

Stay tuned for more...!

Reaction score
Does this dude ever appear in Jabba's Palace, or is he only seen on the skiff and/or down in the Rancor pit?

Reaction score
Yep, he and Malakili are pretty much relegated to the Rancor pit, which in the end probably saved their butts from blowing up on the Sail Barge.

Reaction score
This figure is one of my most anticipated ones finally an update for the Green Nikto's, at least the red Nikto was updated for the Jedi figure in 02.

Reaction score
I've just finished "schooling" myself on Wookieepedia regarding the various subspecies of Nikto. Now I understand why Giran looks nothing like the new Nikto Gunner.

This is a great looking figure. The face is incredibly detailed. The coloring and accouterment are exquisite. Definitely one of my favorite LC figures. Thanks, Hasbro.

Reaction score
Just opened up this guy last night.

While a little disappointed by the limited articulation (knees, shoulders, hands), I am EXTREMELY impressed with the detail on the face.

ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!!

Hasbro hit a Grand Slam with this one, and is the best in recent memory.

As an added bonus, the force pike thingy is NOT made of the cheap, flexible, rubbery material we've seen in the past. Very nice!

Although, he does seems somewhat small -- even compared to figures from the 30th Anniversary Collection.

Is it my imagination or are Star Wars figures shrinking every year?

Reaction score
Well they shrunk in late '04, early '05 and have pretty much been at the same scale ever since. How tall is he next to a Stormtrooper or Luke? I'd say the average character should be around those two or in-between if we are to assume they are average height (5'8-5'11").

Reaction score
GameSix said:
While a little disappointed by the limited articulation (knees, shoulders, hands)
Well, crap in a hat. As cool as this figure looks I'm only getting SA figures. If I find one on sale or clearanced I may pick him up, but I'm not paying $8 for a cool head.

Reaction score
ColinPhell said:
Well, crap in a hat. As cool as this figure looks I'm only getting SA figures. If I find one on sale or clearanced I may pick him up, but I'm not paying $8 for a cool head.
"He has the standard super-articulation: ball-joint neck, shoulders, elbows, knees and ankles; also swivel waist, hips and wrists (technically forearms)."

Quoted from bigbarada earlier in this thread. I don't see how this figure isn't SA.

Reaction score
I got Giran today. I almost passed on him, because I thought he had no leg articulation, but in the end, the detail made up for it. When I opened him up, I was pleasantly surprised to discover that he did, in fact, have knee and ankle articulation. He's awesome!

Reaction score
FORUM SNEAK PREVIEW!

The LEGACY COLLECTION gets an update today with the second wave of figures, taking inspiration from RETURN OF THE JEDI!

Up next is GIRAN!

This is my absolute favorite figure in this wave, if not my favorite figure in some time!

He is super-articulated, with a removable hood and a vibro-axe (which I think is new...and 1000 time better than the flimsy one that's been released several times recently).

The sculpting is fantastic on this guy and frankly, this one was a bit of a surprise, don't you think? Good job to Hasbro...well worth picking up!

Reaction score
After looking over the review and photos for this figure, he is back on my list of "Must Get" figures.

Reaction score
LordEdzo said:
I've just finished "schooling" myself on Wookieepedia regarding the various subspecies of Nikto. Now I understand why Giran looks nothing like the new Nikto Gunner.

This is a great looking figure. The face is incredibly detailed. The coloring and accouterment are exquisite. Definitely one of my favorite LC figures. Thanks, Hasbro.

He is a great figure. My favorite of a really nice wave.

I hate thought the west end games nonsense about these guys being Nikto. These should at Least be Klaatu or Klaatoonians and the guy we know as Barada having that (or Baradan) as his species. West End got really lazy with alot of the background info and unfortunately it got taken and near canon.

Reaction score
I concur that Giran (aka Weeba Weeba) is one of the best figures Hasbro has made for the line. The detail on this guy is astounding.

I hope they put the same sculptor on all of the Jabba Palace/Skiff characters!

Reaction score
Finally received this guy a couple of days ago; hed does not disappoint!

To me the best figure yet; especially the detail of the face is incredible.

Tried some headswaps with this guy; why is it that a lot of neck joints are different sizes? Missed opportunity I think

Reaction score
Hasbro's preview of the upcoming Wooof figure along with this figure's pure awesomeness really has me excited for any future Palace goons/skiff guards. Wooof and the Gamorrean Guard are likely to be just as good as this guy!

Reaction score
Darth_Brett said:
Hasbro's preview of the upcoming Wooof figure along with this figure's pure awesomeness really has me excited for any future Palace goons/skiff guards.
what preview of Wooof? did I miss a picture of that?