Giran - BD21

Reaction score
Re: Giran - ROTJ Wave

Since1978 said:
I sure hope you're right! 2-3 a year would be a really good start - and now that they have the rancor pit covered, I have to think that pretty much everything else can come from the other pit - CARKOON...

Yes, even WOOOF was there.

Remember, Wooof 2010 - accept NO substitutes!

Throw in a new Weequay (any of the three really), and I'd be overjoyed!

'78
Yes, Wooof was definitely at the Carkoon Battle:
http://www.skiffguards.com/wooof.html

I'm probably looking forward to this figure more than anything else this year.

Reaction score

bigbarada said:
Since1978 said:
I sure hope you're right! 2-3 a year would be a really good start - and now that they have the rancor pit covered, I have to think that pretty much everything else can come from the other pit - CARKOON...

Yes, even WOOOF was there.

Remember, Wooof 2010 - accept NO substitutes!

Throw in a new Weequay (any of the three really), and I'd be overjoyed!

'78
Yes, Wooof was definitely at the Carkoon Battle:
http://www.skiffguards.com/wooof.html

I'm probably looking forward to this figure more than anything else this year.
of course Wooof was there.

Reaction score

Darth_Satan said:

I want that astromech in the picture with Jabba!
Yeah that other drink tray astro is awesome eh. I have always wanted that since I became aware of it a few years ago. I would love to see that and an update of the R2 Drinks tray too. Skiffguards is a cool website eh, it is new to me.

Reaction score

Darth_Satan said:

I want that astromech in the picture with Jabba!
Yeah that other drink tray astro is awesome eh. I have always wanted that since I became aware of it a few years ago. I would love to see that and an update of the R2 Drinks tray too. Skiffguards is a cool website eh, it is new to me.

Reaction score

Wasnt Klaatu a Nikto as well? Or did he wear an entirely different outfit? I can;t get my Niktos straight so forgive my stupidity

Reaction score

Idpullthecurtain said:
Skiffguards is a cool website eh, it is new to me.
It is, twas BigBarada himself who researched it, gathered all the pictures and set it up.

I'll use it every time I want to remind myself who was where, for names etc.

Reaction score

love the skiffguards website... its got some great pictures for customisers.

nice one BigBarada.

Reaction score

Amazing figure. This guy looks like he has no articulation beyond vintage line and POTF2 POA - but he actually has everything!. I have never seen articulation hidden so well on a figure. Its just unbelievable. A great figure to add to the palace. Keep this up Hasbro! Can't wait for the Gamorrean and Wooof next year.

Reaction score

Wow. The paint work is phenomenal on this guy. Just look at the detail in the face! I can't WAIT to pick him up for myself.

Dom

Reaction score

Very cool. Can`t wait to get this guy.

Reaction score

AnthonyP said:
CW, PT, OT, or EU fan. This is a must have figure for everyone.
You forgot custom fan, because while this character holds no appeal to me, the figure itself will have many uses as custom fodder!

Reaction score

Awesome figure. Great (and well-hidden) articulation, superb sculpt, terrific paint. With the exception of the disappointing Luke, this whole wave is great. And even Luke's not as bad as I'd feared.

Reaction score

So this is the guy who comforts the Rancor keeper after the rancor get crushed? Amazing that we have that scene complete, but have yet to have enough characters to fill out an entire skiff. Great figure though.

Reaction score

Darth_Anton said:
So this is the guy who comforts the Rancor keeper after the rancor get crushed? Amazing that we have that scene complete, but have yet to have enough characters to fill out an entire skiff. Great figure though.
not quite, there is a third Rancor Keeper remember.

Reaction score

The third one is seen in some of the palace scenes and I think he is also seen inside the sail barge.

There are two guys that wear similar outfits, but I don't remember which one is the guy that is seen down in the rancor pit dragging Luke away. There's a production photo of Luke standing with Giran and the human but I can't recall which guy it is.

I think Nizuc is also the guy that Luke steals the blaster from before he falls into the Rancor pit, so maybe that is who the other Rancor keeper is?

Reaction score

Darth_Brett said:
The third one is seen in some of the palace scenes and I think he is also seen inside the sail barge.

There are two guys that wear similar outfits, but I don't remember which one is the guy that is seen down in the rancor pit dragging Luke away. There's a production photo of Luke standing with Giran and the human but I can't recall which guy it is.

I think Nizuc is also the guy that Luke steals the blaster from before he falls into the Rancor pit, so maybe that is who the other Rancor keeper is?
That's the Bearded Hoth Rebel Trooper. He was trying to help save Han too.

Reaction score

This is the pic you are talking about Brett. Here is the third rancor keeper. I would love to see him released. But mainly cos he is off one of the skiffs also (well maybe its not the same guy, but wears the same outfit).

Reaction score

Idpullthecurtain said:

This is the pic you are talking about Brett. Here is the third rancor keeper. I would love to see him released. But mainly cos he is off one of the skiffs also (well maybe its not the same guy, but wears the same outfit).
If Hasbro were smart, they could just release this guy with two heads - one with the bandanna (or whatever) up and one with the bearded head. Viola! Two (or is it three)characters covered with one figure!!

Sadly, this guy is #1 on my want list. I have no idea why, but I think the costume is very cool.

Reaction score

Jabbas_Guard_no3 said:
Idpullthecurtain said:

If Hasbro were smart, they could just release this guy with two heads - one with the bandanna (or whatever) up and one with the bearded head. Viola! Two (or is it three)characters covered with one figure!!

Sadly, this guy is #1 on my want list. I have no idea why, but I think the costume is very cool.
Arent they just all the bearded guy?

Reaction score

It's hard to see his face in that pic, but I am starting to think Velken and Nizuk might very well be the same guy. He is seen all over the place in the movie, though. He's behind Jabba when 3PO and R2 arrive. Then he is seen right next to Luke (Luke steals his blaster before falling into the pit) and then down in the Rancor pit a moment later (yet when it cuts to the mob above he is seen standing up there still). Then, he is seen shmoozing on the sail barge yet what appears to be the same guy is also on the skiff outside. They could be two different guys, but their outfit look identical (the guy on the skiff is just wearing the scarf over his face).

BTW, I never really noticed, but I think Fozec wears the same exact helmet, too.

Reaction score

Darth_Brett said:
It's hard to see his face in that pic, but I am starting to think Velken and Nizuk might very well be the same guy. He is seen all over the place in the movie, though. He's behind Jabba when 3PO and R2 arrive. Then he is seen right next to Luke (Luke steals his blaster before falling into the pit) and then down in the Rancor pit a moment later (yet when it cuts to the mob above he is seen standing up there still). Then, he is seen shmoozing on the sail barge yet what appears to be the same guy is also on the skiff outside. They could be two different guys, but their outfit look identical (the guy on the skiff is just wearing the scarf over his face).

BTW, I never really noticed, but I think Fozec wears the same exact helmet, too.
Guess we'll never really know but the costumes are pretty much identical so they could well be.

Reaction score

The guy that gets his gun grabbed by Luke in Jabba's Palace, the guy in the Rancor pit and the guy on Jabba's barge are all the same guy IMHO. It's another case of stupid Decipher games trying to stretch out photographs of characters to make more cards for their sets.

Just as Sgt. Doallyn is the guy Chewie pushed down the stairs AND the guy in white on the 2nd skiff. He just changed his clothes overnight.

However, Felken is a totally different guy as he and Nizec appear in the same scene (the Sarlaac pit) concurrently. Besides, you can totally tell that their eyes/eyebrows are different (allowing to the fact that Nizec was an extra in England while Felken was a stunt man in Arizona)

Fiction-wise, I just assumed that they shopped at the same "Jabba's Guard clothing outlet" much like Fozec and "Whitey" (the blond guy on the execution skiff) did.

Reaction score

Could be a continuity error but I suspect that Nizuk bek is a different character to this third rancor keeper. Just watched the scenes now and Nizuk is still up above in the main throne room when we see this other human rancor keeper.

Reaction score

Devo said:
Could be a continuity error but I suspect that Nizuk bek is a different character to this third rancor keeper. Just watched the scenes now and Nizuk is still up above in the main throne room when we see this other human rancor keeper.
Yep, but the guy in the pic could be the same guy (it's a little hard to tell).

Reaction score

I think the guy in the pit is a younger man, bearded but younger.
I do really hope Hasbro makes some or all of these human guards.

Reaction score

Masterfett said:
AnthonyP said:
CW, PT, OT, or EU fan. This is a must have figure for everyone.
You forgot custom fan, because while this character holds no appeal to me, the figure itself will have many uses as custom fodder!
Sorry 'bout that! (And Custom Fans)

Reaction score

Idpullthecurtain said:
Darth_Anton said:
not quite, there is a third Rancor Keeper remember.

Thanks guys. That actually makes me feel better.

Reaction score

I'm pretty sure this is malikili's buddy who also cries over the rancor. The guy who approaches luke from behind above the rancor pit is Wooof.