Giran - BD21

Reaction score
Re: Giran - ROTJ Wave

Great figure and the best part about it is... the resculpted force pike that will come with the long over-due resculpt of Weequay!

No more lame-o flimsy skinny pikes!!

Reaction score

This turned out cool. anyone going to army build this even though it technically does not make sense but who cares?

Reaction score

Since1978 said:
Throw in a new Weequay (any of the three really), and I'd be overjoyed!

'78
Heck, with variants these days, why not make all three? I'm fiending for some updated Weequays.

Reaction score

CadBane said:
This turned out cool. anyone going to army build this even though it technically does not make sense but who cares?
I could see getting a couple. Minor alterations made at home could make extras distinct enough... (repainted hood, removed hood, new headgear like a modified Ewok hood or something, minor repaints of certain parts)

Heck, just swapping heads & hands with Nysad might make for some good variations!

Weapon resculpt is good, though I wouldn't be surprised if it's still rubbery... it just won't be as bad as the 2003-ish super-skinny/super-rubbery one. That thing looked absolutely AWFUL in the "IT INCLUDES A SKIFF! I KNOW IT DOES!" Battlepack from a few years ago. It's one of those accessories that made me yearn for the vintage days where the weapons were packed separately in the trays, not strapped into hands for a 'carded action pose'.

GNT

Reaction score
CadBane said:
It's a great likeness and a great mould, I can see myself buying at least 2 for a Jabba's Palace set up.

Reaction score
aliens are going to be the next major army builders. for those who dont want any more clones.

Reaction score
CadBane said:
aliens are going to be the next major army builders. for those who dont want any more clones.
We need both, really: alien clones.

Namely, the Morgukai Warriors the CIS cloned from Bok in the REPUBLIC comics. He's another Nikto, lost his hand to Aayla Secura, was offered the chance by Dooku to be cloned for a Separatist army.

Reaction score
What's up with all the over the top, overly enhanced pictures on these cards? This one stands out more than most, but almost all of them look really silly. In the end I could totally care less, as they all end up in my trash barrel anyhow, but still it just looks like they're just trying way too hard with these cardback pictures.

Reaction score
Overcompensating for the craptastic Trooper Helmet cards?

The Jedi Luke one gets me the most... "Let's take 1977 Mark Hamill and throw him on a black collar!"

Granted, Drew Struzan did the same for the Truce At Bakura cover, but that was before everyone (like me) obsessed over likenesses and whatnot.

Reaction score
I like the cards. We actually get to see what the character looks like from the movie.
This figure is easily going to be more than 2 for me. 3 or 4, maybe more.
Head-swapping is fun and Jabba's court is insta filled, as well as a Podrace arena Dio. BLAM!

Woof is coming we know this.
Also, they came out with the Rancor this year and came out with both keepers.
Now we get Vizam as well.
I almost bet that they come out with 2 or 3 more skiff/jabba's palace aliens next year AND Jabba's Sail Barge.
I feel it's coming.
It is too wanted not to get.
I just hope we do get at least one weequay next year.

Reaction score
I could swear that Hasbro also confirmed a modern and updated Gamorrean Guard for the future as well, but don’t quote me on that. The Gammorrean Guards definitely do need updates though, that’s for sure. Jabba's Palace and Skiffs will be epic before we know it.

Reaction score
In the high-res images, is it just me or does he look not as green as he did at Comic-Con? (maybe he's getting over that Comic-Con sickness
)

Reaction score
MysterioMenace said:
I could swear that Hasbro also confirmed a modern and updated Gamorrean Guard for the future as well, but don’t quote me on that. The Gammorrean Guards definitely do need updates though, that’s for sure. Jabba's Palace and Skiffs will be epic before we know it.
They did confirm that the Gamorrean Guard is set for a '10 release (along with Admiral Ackbar).

Reaction score
Darth_Brett said:
MysterioMenace said:
They did confirm that the Gamorrean Guard is set for a '10 release (along with Admiral Ackbar).
Wasnt Ackar for 2010 more sortof strongly hinted at, like Bespin Han and RFT? Whereas Gamorrean, Wicket, Woof and Bom Vimdim, were confirmed for 2010!

Reaction score
It was the March Q&A where they stated that they were very hopeful that Ackbar would be out sometime during 2010. They did say if he didn't make it out in '10 that he was a sure thing for '11. Since both TESB and ANH both got two waves in '09 I am really hoping that ROTJ gets two waves in '10.

Reaction score
I'll pass on Giran. He looks nice enough, but he is ust not in my focus.

Reaction score
Idpullthecurtain said:
Darth_Brett said:
MysterioMenace said:
Wasnt Ackar for 2010 more sortof strongly hinted at, like Bespin Han and RFT? Whereas Gamorrean, Wicket, Woof and Bom Vimdim, were confirmed for 2010!
cool

Reaction score
Got a loose Giran off Ebay. Some thoughts: Fantastic. Great sculpt. Fully articulated, even at the Knees which were a surprise, especially as there is a lot of restriction to their movement, but still, a good effort. Ball jointed at the elbows, with swivel joint just bellow, much like Ki-Adi Mundi, no separate wrist joint. Paint job is perfect, with a good wash on the metal chest plate. Head is nice, not to much yellow, and hood fits well. Love this guy, and good to have some Green Nikto (Klaatu's for those anti EU) heads for customs.

Reaction score
That's the one mistake I wished they wouldn't have done, jointed wrists are a must so that you can match head and hands when swapping parts out, now it becomes more work.

Reaction score
One very good thing about this guy and Nysad are that Hasbro did them both with removable helmets so it should be extremely easy for them to do the unnamed Nikto, Vedain, Vizam & the unnamed Klaatu, Yotts Orren & Woof now using the same head sculpts.

Reaction score
Awesome figure. Head detail is outstanding (slightly different colour to neck though), force pike is nice and solid plastic. Here's mine:

Reaction score
Well that makes Hasbro two for two on solid, non droopy plastic for staffs and pikes. Let's hope this keeps up.

Reaction score
Darth_Satan said:
Awesome figure. Head detail is outstanding (slightly different colour to neck though), force pike is nice and solid plastic. Here's mine:

This guy looks great!

Reaction score
Anyone know if this guy has knees?

EDIT: I just found out both of the guards have knees and ankles!

Reaction score
Memnoch21 said:
Well that makes Hasbro two for two on solid, non droopy plastic for staffs and pikes. Let's hope this keeps up.
Agreed- a very promising trend.

Reaction score
My view is this, Legacy seems to be quickly coming the adult/collector oriented line and Clone Wars is for kids. Yes, they still have to follow US Safety Regulations but let's not kid ourselves, it's easier to fix a broken staff (glue) than to fix weak droopy plastic.

GNT

Reaction score
Darth_Satan said:

Thanks for the picture, looks like an incredible sculpt. Think I might just end up buying him off ebay so I don't have to wait forever to get him.

Reaction score
More pictures of him coming up shortly. I'll get some with the hood off!

EDIT: And here they are!

GNT

Reaction score
Nice pictures Memnoch21, he does have knee articulation right?

Reaction score
GNT said:
Nice pictures Memnoch21, he does have knee articulation right?
Yep. Articulation is very well hidden on him. Just double checked and it's insert molded shoulders, elbows and cut mid arms (for the hands). Ball head. Cut hips, cut waist, limited knees, no ankles.

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
Absolutely beautiful sculpt, and just fantastic that we're getting this particular character. I swear, Hasbro has really been dipping into the obscure for some of these; I never would have thought we'd get a Nysad or Giran at all.

Reaction score
Daigo_Bah said:
Absolutely beautiful sculpt, and just fantastic that we're getting this particular character. I swear, Hasbro has really been dipping into the obscure for some of these; I never would have thought we'd get a Nysad or Giran at all.
This also bodes well for any characters that are more prominent in the cantina and palace/skiff battle scenes. Fast-forward to 2018 and I bet we will be pretty much done with getting most of our most wanted background aliens from the movies.

Reaction score
Did Giran participate in the Sail Barge battle? I don't recall seeing him.

Reaction score
Agen_Kolar said:
No he wasnt. Of the 4 prominently featured Klaatus he is the only one that wasnt involved.

Reaction score
Idpullthecurtain said:
Agen_Kolar said:
No he wasnt. Of the 4 prominently featured Klaatus he is the only one that wasnt involved.
Yeah, he is only seen down in the Rancor dungeon. Malakili and Giran are both basically Rancor Keepers.