GI Joe Retro line

Reaction score
Preorders have gone up in the UK for Stalker, Cobra Trooper, Cobra Officer and Grunt! As well as a Hiss Tank III, which confusingly looks exactly like the previously released version?
It's just Blue instead of black, correct?

Grunt and Stalker are the best looking versions of them I've ever seen!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Anyone getting the Pulse Exclusive Mego Style Snakeyes and Stormshadow 2 pack?

Reaction score
It's just Blue instead of black, correct?

Grunt and Stalker are the best looking versions of them I've ever seen!
Yes, it's just a blue repaint.

They look fantastic, Stalker is much improved over the original one I got from the 25th Anniversary.

Reaction score
Duh, here's me looking at the Cobra Officer and Cobra Trooper for 20 minutes trying to figure out teh difference! Then I notice that tiny rank on ones helmet! lol

Reaction score
I'd love for them to do the figures I missed via the Club, which I didnt go in for. But, I'd only want the actual Vintage remakes. So far it seems they only want to do the heavy hitters, which is fine too. It has been 14 years.

Reaction score
Retro Cobra Troopers are back up at Walmart.com.

I grabbed four more to bring my total to 10.

Really hoping we get some news on this line at PulseCon. I'd love for it to continue into 2022. They seem to sell well but who knows.
Me too, really hoping we get big hitters like Zartan , the Dreadnoks and Firefly next year. I got confirmation of despatch from my friendly neighbourhood e-tailer for Stalker, Cobra Officer and x2 Cobra Trooper. I have Grunt and another two troopers on order from Pulse, but they are not due til early November.

Reactions: bac
Reaction score
Me too, really hoping we get big hitters like Zartan , the Dreadnoks and Firefly next year.

I never picked up the 50th Anniversary Firefly pack, so yeah...I would love to see that one in the retro line. So far all I have is Cobra Commander, 2 H.I.S.S. tanks, Scarlet and Lady Jaye. I really had hoped to get Destro and Baroness butnever seen them at stores.

Reaction score
I never picked up the 50th Anniversary Firefly pack, so yeah...I would love to see that one in the retro line. So far all I have is Cobra Commander, 2 H.I.S.S. tanks, Scarlet and Lady Jaye. I really had hoped to get Destro and Baroness butnever seen them at stores.
I wish I found Scarlett, Destro and Baroness, but I also never saw them in stores.

Reaction score
I would pay good $ for a Retro Zartan with the color-changing feature/alternate face mask/full-sized Swamp Skier - just like the Vintage 1984 version. If this were in a box that replicated the Vintage boxed version, that would be the icing on the cake.

There hasn't been an acceptable/decent modern (25th-ann.-on) Zartan, so one that does justice to the original is long overdue.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Recently got the Retro Grunt @ Wal-mart. Excellent figure, but the card was warped/bent, and the plastic was smushed. However, I was so glad to have found this @ retail price that I don't care about the condition of the package ;) This is the first Grunt I've seen @ retail, and may be the last.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I would pay good $ for a Retro Zartan with the color-changing feature/alternate face mask/full-sized Swamp Skier - just like the Vintage 1984 version. If this were in a box that replicated the Vintage boxed version, that would be the icing on the cake.

There hasn't been an acceptable/decent modern (25th-ann.-on) Zartan, so one that does justice to the original is long overdue.

I remember the one that came out for the 25th anniversary. The Chameleon swamp skier that came with him looked like a ride on toy.

Reaction score

Back then there was a little kerfuffle over Zartan’s file card. They labeled him as a schizophrenic originally. I think they had to change the packaging because of that. I am sure if they did represent the original box that part would be removed.

Reaction score
Back then there was a little kerfuffle over Zartan’s file card. They labeled him as a schizophrenic originally. I think they had to change the packaging because of that. I am sure if they did represent the original box that part would be removed.
Thetewas alsoa corrected run change. It didnt get pulled.

Reaction score
Been receiving in the mail a bunch of Cobra soldiers and Grunt the last couple of days.

Reaction score
OH HECK YEAH!!!!! Ordered 2 of these O-ring legends!

Reaction score
For the sky striker did they fix the landing gear/wing issue. I know it’s a new sculp.

The 80’s toy & modern version had the gear down in the flying position & up in the parked position.

Reaction score
For the sky striker did they fix the landing gear/wing issue. I know it’s a new sculp.

The 80’s toy & modern version had the gear down in the flying position & up in the parked position.
Yeah according to the live stream the wings and landing gear are not connected. They are separate from one another. I always liked the Skystriker with the wings out.

Reaction score
Good to know. I have 2 sky strikers (poc) I did the conversion for 1 but wasn’t worth it for the 2nd.
Same. I did some surgery on my 30th Sky Striker, so the wings can be manually adjusted independently of the land gear. But, I did keep 1 extra mint. I'm probably going to purge some stuff to fund this Haslab Sky Striker. I'm pretty confident we'll be able to unlock all the tiers on this one. Really want those ground crew figures.

Reaction score
Aha! ACTUAL RETRO. How nice!
F4928_PROD_GIJ_3_3Q_INCH_FIGURE_PACK_1_0005_Online_2000SQ_2000x.jpg
F4928_PROD_GIJ_3_3Q_INCH_FIGURE_PACK_1_0006_Online_2000SQ_2000x.jpg

F4928_PROD_GIJ_3_3Q_INCH_FIGURE_PACK_1_0045_1_Online_2000SQ_2000x.jpg

F4928_PROD_GIJ_3_3Q_INCH_FIGURE_PACK_1_0007_Online_2000SQ_2000x.jpg

Can't wait to dissect these neo-O-rings to study the engineering upgrades!

Reaction score
The Comic book Gi Joe (Marvel run) was why I loved GI Joe. That being said, these 2 hit the mark for me, and come Friday I will get them. VERY tempted by the Skystriker too, as Ripcord is one of my favorite (and overlooked) Joes. Wish he would get the classified treatment.

Reaction score
Got 2 HISS Tanks today. I always loved the design, but sold my Joe stuff back in the 80s. I really regreted selling the HISS, so I'm glad I was able to get the new one.