GI Joe Retro line??

Reaction score
I heard a rumor that Hasbro is going to be doing a retro line for GI Joe like they're doing for vintage Star Wars figures... anyone heard anything else about this?
As much as I like the retro SW line I'm not losing my mind over it. O-Ring Joes, dead mint, on retro card backs? Say, 84-88? Thaaaaat would be a problem for me, financially, lol. ;)

Reaction score
Friday there is suppose to be a big info dump of stuff coming out. I would be surprised if we don’t here about these then.

Reaction score
I would be all in on these...especially original Stormshadow, Snake eyes, Beachhead, Scarlet, Firefly, Cobra Commander, Cobra Soldiers, Major Blood....

Reaction score
This would be a bomb to GI Joe collecting, at least on prices :) . Personally, I would like it, but not straight copies, versions with altered colour styles, and mainly of the rarest GI Joes to get,plus the late ones from the 90s. A bit like what they did in 97 with the TRU packs, but with better quality plastic and a bit better ideas.

Reaction score
It wont affect the vintage market anymore than the Retro line did for Star Wars. Its apples to oranges and more aimed at nostalgia(and current market trend) than it is for diluting the vintage market. Its aimed at a different and less financially well off collector.

Reaction score
Reissues help drive interest in the originals. People buy the reissues and go, oh yeah, I need all this other stuff again too.

It's like a giant promotion for the old stuff, in fact. In the long run, it helps everyone.

Reaction score
Apparently the "boardgame" deluxe retro set for this run is going to be none other than the missile command center. I was never crazy over that piece, but unlike Battle for Hoth or the Death Star games, this one I'll keep. ;)

Reaction score
Apparently the "boardgame" deluxe retro set for this run is going to be none other than the missile command center. I was never crazy over that piece, but unlike Battle for Hoth or the Death Star games, this one I'll keep. ;)
I would love to see maybe Hawk as the pack in figure on a card back.

Reaction score
Walmart has

Snake eye
Storm shadow
Baroness

Hiss tank
Awe Striker

on their collector con. Pictures look like the modern figures.

Reaction score
If i see em in hand and dont like them sure.
I thought they were reissues....apparently not.

Reaction score
Haven't posted in this section in forever, but had to chime in on the reveals, which I was mostly disappointed with. The vehicle reveals were fantastic, because they stayed true to the original packaging, and gave us some updated kitbashed drivers. No complaints there. But then we get to the standard figures.... Really not sure how they went so wrong here. Too many odd, head-scratching aspects to list, but the biggest one is the fact that both Snake Eyes and Stormshadow don't match the versions depicted on the classic card art they used.

They should have used the 'Ultimate' Stormshadow figure from the Retaliation line (pictured on the right), which was clearly inspired by the vintage figure, with some retooled upper arms to give him the short sleeves the vintage figure had:

And with Snake Eyes, I can't think of any reason (other than laziness) why they didn't use the 'goggle' head as opposed to the visor head, which again was inspired by vintage v1 Snake Eyes, and would have been a closer match for the card art:

Couple those issues with the weird aesthetic changes they made to the cards (omitting the white borders, zooming in on the art, the elongated bubbles, etc.), and it made the choice to pass on these figures quite easy. I'm really, really hoping they put the same effort into the upcoming Scarlett and Roadblock that they put into Crankcase and HISS Driver. Both those characters never got acceptable upgrades (IMO) in the modern Joe line, and they should have a robust catalog of appropriate parts to pull from now. 50th Gung-Ho's torso and arms would be great for a new v1 Roadblock! Here's hoping....

Reaction score
I have the 25th Hiss and Awe Striker opened. I my moments up selling off the 2 I have boxed in favor of the retro ones. Love the old school box art.

Reaction score
To be honest I kind of expected these to be updates. Though I like the retro hiss and Awe striker and in vintage packaging to boot.
Yeah, that is something different. Although those vehicles have been released in the 25th series and beyond, I don't think they've given us 80's style boxes. I was kind of tempted, but I really have several Hisstanks and AWE Strikers already, and several variants over the years.

I did end up pre-ordering the figures. I just hope they aren't smashed to hell by Walmart.

Reaction score
Someone on Hisstank.com helped me out. I will be keeping the two vehicles boxed. I have both the vintage Awe Striker and a Takara Hiss. I would love to see an updated Cover Girl with a retooled Wolverine.

Reaction score
Walmart has

Snake eye
Storm shadow
Baroness

Hiss tank
Awe Striker

on their collector con. Pictures look like the modern figures.
I just found out about these, and they are mostly sold out. Do you know if any fan sites or Hasbro Pulse will sell them, too?

Reaction score
Are these strictly a Walmart exclusive? Will they be available later at other stores or even in Walmart stores?

How much was the Hiss tank?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Yes, Walmart exclusive only, which is kind of a bummer if you're a MOC/MIP collector. It's always a crap shoot as to whether they will arrive in good condition or not. My order of TVC Yavin Lukes were crammed into too small of a box and had to be returned, but my order of 'retro' Fetts arrived in a properly sized box with ample cushioning. You're literally at the mercy of the intelligence level of random warehouse employees.

Reaction score
Reaction score
My e-tailer has put on his Facebook feed, the first wave should be arriving at his warehouse this friday. That's some turnaround, one week after preorders.

Reaction score
I’m pretty sure all these figures are leftovers from TRU last days. 🤣

Reaction score
All I wanted was the vehicles in the retro packaging, but since they were sold out I ordered the figures just cause I was able to. A couple days later I reconsidered and canceled my order. I really don't need them. I have a near complete 25th/30th collection already with plenty of extras to open and display.

Reaction score
As an update, the figures are in stock at my e-tailer but no vehicles as of yet. Seeing as I ordered them all together, it's the waiting game for now.

Reaction score
I'll grab the Hiss and maybe the AWE striker. But I've got to admit I'm disappointed. I was hoping for mint carded O-ring retro figures. I had visions of a stunning Duke on card dancing around my head for months. :-/

Reaction score
Got Storm Shadow and pre-ordered the HISS, might get Snake Eyes and another Storm Shadow for my kid

Reaction score
If I can find these G.I. Joe Retro figures/vehicles for retail prices, I'll get some/most of these; they look great. Though, I still haven't seen them in stores yet.

Especially looking forward to the H.I.S.S. Tank & AWE Striker. I had the original HISS Tank back in the Vintage era (though don't have it anymore), but never got the Vintage AWE Striker.

It seems that 2020 is the year of the Retro figures. First SW: ESB, then Masters of the Universe, and now these G.I. Joe: ARAH figures. As someone who is old enough to remember all of these toys from the '80's, it's nostalgic to go into stores & see these on shelves - nice.

Reaction score
found Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow at Walmart during the weekend, only one of each left in some random area. very surprise

Reaction score
I wasnt super excited about these when they were first revealed and put up for preorder, so didn't preorder any. I sort of wish I grabbed baroness, now that Roadblock, Scarlet and Destro pics are out. Then I realized i havent been in a Wal-Mart since before wave 1 was announced. I'd still like to snag a few.

Reaction score
This line is a complete crock. So disappointed in it. They failed right off the bat