GI Joe picture thread

Reaction score
I been working on my Skar forces as of late, for the past two months. Nothing fancy really, but its a work in progress for these Cobra allied villains. I want to eventually use at least 4 DG blue Cobra Commanders as Count Von Rani's palace guards. And I want to work on the Skar air-force(I do have the Sky Stalker jet not pictured).

Reaction score
Hey Scarrviper! I just wanted to say that threads like this were tailor made for the thumbs up option that we USED to have. Didn't want you to think your work in setting up, taking, and posting these pics wasn't appreciated. I marvel at your pristine vintage Joe collection! Please keep it up!

Reaction score
Amazing photos Scarr!! Love how you set them up and capture the emotions in a very effective and sometimes very subtle way. What kind of camera do you use? I need to start photographing my Joes. Though I won't have the same skills you've got.

BTW, do you happen to know the recipe for your Jackknife custom???? I want to try and make that figure! He looks bada*z!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Amazing photos Scarr!! Love how you set them up and capture the emotions in a very effective and sometimes very subtle way. What kind of camera do you use? I need to start photographing my Joes. Though I won't have the same skills you've got.

BTW, do you happen to know the recipe for your Jackknife custom???? I want to try and make that figure! He looks bada*z!!
not sure if this is the guy you are looking for Darth_Brett but I found a pic online.

here's the link https://hiveminer.com/Tags/custom,dreadnok

Reaction score
not sure if this is the guy you are looking for Darth_Brett but I found a pic online.

here's the link https://hiveminer.com/Tags/custom,dreadnok
Thanks! I was able to figure it out using YoJoe and scouring through the figure photos. Jackknife looks like it's a TF Frostbite torso repainted, Ozone's head and Downtown's legs repainted.

Thanks for the help Dark Artist!

Reaction score

Thanks. My camera is a Canon EOS Rebel T3.

Jackknife's recipe is - Ozone head (neck has to be modified to fit the torso) Frostbite v1 torso, Mace arms, and Downtown's waist & legs. The character was actually created by my friend Flatline, I just made my own version of his custom.

Here's my latest custom, a repainted cobra Parasite.

Parasite by scarrviper, on Flickr

Parasite by scarrviper, on Flickr