GI Joe Metro-Denver Sightings

Reaction score
I may be wrong about this, but it seems like at least few people here are collecting the new 25th Anniversary GI Joe figures. Since we all are constantly searching for toys, this would be an easier thread to check daily than the regular "SW finds" and "non-Star wars finds" threads.

Hisstank.com has a great Denver Sightings forum as well, but I check this site more often.

BTW, for those still searching for the newest Comic Pack waves (the one with the twins), I've got a connect over at Hisstank.com that has extras he bought in Singapore. The packs are $13 a piece, so about a $1.50 more than retail when you figure in tax. I think it is a no brainer. I am meeting him tonight for mine. I will inquire if he has anymore and which ones if anyone is interested.

My Joe needs:
Torpedo
Rock and Roll
Cobra Commander (Battle Armor)

Reaction score
I saw all the new comic packs, including the twins, at a Walmart down here in Colorado Springs last week. Surprisingly, they stayed on the pegs for a couple of days before disappearing. They also had what I think are some "newer" figures including Roadblock, Crimson Guard, etc. I have also seen two different Destros, one with a gold head and one that looks more like the original.

I loved GI Joe stuff in the 80s and although I'm not collecting it this time around, I always check out what's new when I make my SW runs. Seeing that vintage style packaging on the basic figures really brings back memories!

Reaction score
I have turned to the dark side, broken down and bought some 25th Anniversary Joe's. Saw the multi-pack repack wave 4 at Wal*Mart (Araphoe and Lima) and had to have all of them except Roadblock. Not going to collect every figure, but just the ones I liked the most back in the day.

With that said, here is what I need .....

Snake Eyes (V1 from multi-pack)
Destro (V1 - not blade)
Cobra Trooper
Cobra Officer
Flash
Rock and Roll
Snow Job
Torpedo
Zartan

Reaction score
Thanks to my Joe supplier (Fett0413), my needs list is now two figures smaller. Thanks for the Snake Eyes and Destro!

Have a Gree on its way for you!

Reaction score
Can anyone point me to a good web site that has a good list of the GIJoe figures and a good photo gallery? I tried Hisstank but it seems a bit disorganized and hard to navigate. I guess I'm sort of looking for something like Rebelscum's photo archive, but for the new GI Joes.

Reaction score
Toynewssi.com and gijoeclub.com have quite a few good pictures. Hisstank.com is more of a forum only website. Unfortunately, you will not find anything like rebelscum for Joes. In fact, I think you'd be hard pressed to find a toy collecting site as good as this one. That's why I decided to post a Joe Thread here.

Reaction score
Thanks for the info!

Today at Baptist Road Walmart (I-25 north of Colorado Springs) they had all the new comic packs (Cobra Twins, the one with Slipstream and Wild Hog (?), the one with the beat-up Snake Eyes and caped Storm Shadow, and the one with "scarred Cobra officer" and I think a Crimson Guard) as well as the basic wave that includes Duke, Lady Jaye, Roadblock, etc. Sorry I'm really bad on the names with the new comic packs.

Reaction score
Thanks to some timely store trips on the way to and from work as well to Fett, my needs list now stands as follows .....

Flash
Rock and Roll
Snow Job
Torpedo
Zartan
<s>Snake Eyes (V1 from multi-pack)</s>
<s>Destro (V1 - not blade)</s>
<s>Cobra Trooper</s>
<s>Cobra Officer</s>
<s>Lady Jaye</s>

Reaction score
SWJay, if you have trouble scoring a Zartan I can help there too. I'm also looking for the Torpedo wave, so I will pick you up a set should I find 'em.

BTW, thanks Tetrabink for your sightings as well. Though I haven't needed them this go around, it's nice to get the news and know what's out there.

Reaction score
Tons of Xamot/Tomax comic wave at the Parker Walmart (as of 2pm today). They had at least 4 of every pack.

Reaction score
Wave 6 is in the bag (the ones I want anyway) thanks to a tip from Fett413. Picked up Torpedo, Rock and Roll and Crimson Guard from Wal*Mart (136th and I-25) this afternoon. Battle Armor Cobra Commander was there as well, but I left him. (don't go looking as he was already gone when I returned for a Star Wars Mustafar Panning Droid). Kind of wish Torpedo's mask was on like the original but oh well. Thanks to Fett for the Zartan! The need list is growing thin ..... just missing a couple from wave 5 ..... NICE! I have successfully assembled a collection in a week's time! Not too shabby.

Flash
Snow Job
<s>Torpedo</s>
<s>Rock and Roll</s>
<s>Crimson Guard</s>
<s>Zartan</s>
<s>Cobra Trooper</s>
<s>Cobra Officer</s>
<s>Lady Jaye</s>

Reaction score
Wave 6 at Wal*Mart (Arapahoe and Lima) this morning. There was only one case worth minus the Battle Armor Cobra Commander (looked at him again and decided he was too cool to pass up, so I took him). There was a Torpedo and Rock and Roll left as of 0645.

Reaction score
Came upon a little Joe gold mine this morning at Target (120th and Washington). Saw lots of wave 5 (except Flash) on the pegs. Picked up a Snow Job to complete my game of collection catch-up. At least three each of Snow Job, Iron Grenadier Destro and Crimson Guard left when I departed.

Also saw Wave 6 on the pegs at the same store. Couple Rock N Roll's and one each of Battle Armor Cobra Commander and Torpedo left as of 0845.

Very cool as I had not seen any Joe's to speak of at Target since the beginning of the year.

Picked up Flash at my local King Soopers (136th and Colorado) yesterday. Price point matched that of Target ($5.99), so I could not complain. There was a Flash left after I got mine.

My needs list now looks like this .....

<s>Flash</s>
<s>Snow Job</s>
<s>Torpedo</s>
<s>Rock and Roll</s>
<s>Crimson Guard</s>
<s>Zartan</s>
<s>Cobra Trooper</s>
<s>Cobra Officer</s>
<s>Lady Jaye</s>

Thanks to Fett413 for his help in catching up the collection!

Reaction score
Youre not just caught up, youre ahead of me now. :p

I think my needs now are the newest wave plus Tomax and Xamot. I dont think there is another comic pack with them that I want.

Reaction score
I found new comic packs today at 6th/Wads walmart. Ace/Wild Weasel, FredVII/Cobra, and ripped Snakes/hooded SS. No Tomax/Xamot tho. They also had one single Snow Job.

I think I am caught up except for Tomax and Xamot, though I dont keep up with whats out or whats coming out like I do with SW.

Reaction score
Comic packs coming out at wal-marts all over. A case with tomax/xamot, dreadnoks, breaker, helmetCG, and ace/widl weasel - Ive seen at three different wal-marts over. the last few days, most abundantly at westminster wal-mart on Sheridan. Youngsfield also had a few today.

Wild Weasel is an awesome figure - maybe my favorite Cobra from this year's selection so far.

Reaction score
Powers/Woodmen Walmart in Colorado Springs this afternoon:
Armored Cobra Commander
Rock N Roll
Torpedo
Crimson Guard
Snow Job
Tomax/Xamot
Dreadnoks (is this a newer comic pack? I haven't seen it before, although I haven't been following this line too closely until lately)

Plus a few more I'm sure I'm forgetting...

Reaction score
Saw the wave 5 and 6 crossover case this afternoon at Wal*Mart (136th and I-25). Snow Job, Battle Armor Cobra Commander, Torpedo, Rock n Roll and Crimson Guard on pegs.

Reaction score
Saw Snow Job, Blade Destro, Crimson Guard and Cobra Soldier at Target (120th and Washington) a few minutes ago. No new comic packs to be found. Wonder if they'll ever sell through the half dozen or so Hawk/Scarlett packs that have warmed the pegs for at least two months.

Reaction score
New comic packs at Target (144th and I-25) today. At least one of every one. No new single carded figures.

Reaction score
I finally scored the Joe vehicles today. I hit up a lady at the Southlands Target and was shot down with a nasty "street date" reminder.

So, I went an alternate route and had my wife use the DCPI (087-06-0918) at two different Targets and play the whole "I'm shopping for my son's birthday" routine. It paid off, I got a Striker at the Parker Wal-Mart then the Spector and Hiss at the Lone Tree Target. BTW, the employee put a Striker on the shelf at the Lone Tree Target (since I already had mine).

Reaction score
After not seeing anything resembling a 25th Joe figure for several weeks, I saw a smattering of them at Wal*Mart (136th and I-25). On the pegs when I left were Blade Destro, Snow Job, Cobra Officer and Cobra Air Trooper. Nice little price increase as well. From $4.99 to $6.84 in a matter of weeks ... NICE! Glad I caught up my collection when I did!

Reaction score
Along with the Order 66 packs mentioned in the Star Wars finds post, I saw the three Target exclusive 25th Joe vehicles on the same checkstand endcaps at both the Boulder Target and the Westminster Target (144th and I-25).

Picked up a HISS as it was definitely pretty darn cool looking! And at the $10.00 price point ... what a steal!

Reaction score
Saw the two Joe Battle Packs at Westy TRU today. Both Ninja Attack and Cobra Night Watch packs present. Cool sets, but passed.

According to a helpful employee, the two TRU Joe/Cobra 3-packs had just sold through an hour before I arrived. At least I was in the area when I stopped. Fett was on a wild goose chase to Aurora TRU after getting bad information from Park Meadows TRU on the 3-pack availability in Aurora. Plus he had to deal with a couple of less than helpful employees once he got there. Retail help has definitely gone downhill. You have to wonder how TRU remains in business with terrible service, prices that are typically 20-30% above Target and Wal*Mart, a suspect distribution system, no clue how to manage clearance and near always being the last to get anything new. Hmmm ...

Reaction score
Two Cobra Officer 3-packs at Park Meadows TRU this afternoon. Also one Ninja Attack battle pack. Nada at Aurora TRU.

25th Anniversary wave 8 carded images at Hisstank.com are pretty sweet!

Reaction score
Mish mash of Wave 5 and Wave 6 at Target (120th and Washington) this morning. PM me if you need any of the following. Will return them at the end of the upcoming week if there is no interest. A couple board members at Hisstank.com have dibs on a few of them if they want, but if they are not interested, they will be up for grabs .....

Armored Cobra Commander
Torpedo
Rock N Roll
Crimson Guard
Blade Destro
Snow Job

Same Target also put Joe exclusive vehicles out at the checkstands, but only a beat up (package) AWE Striker was left.

Reaction score
An absolute ridiculous amount of Joe's on 4 pegs at Wal*Mart (Arapahoe and Lima). Actually saw them yesterday morning, but they were all still there this morning when I went again to try and find Star Wars Saga Legends Wave 6. A ton of Crimson Guard, Battle Armor CC, Rock N Roll, Snow Job, Blade Destro, Cobra Trooper, Cobra Commander, Roadblack, Cobra Air Trooper, etc. Even had a couple Torpedos. Would not expect to see anything else there for a while. I have never seen so many Joe's at one time before.

Typical Wal*Mart though ..... dry for weeks and then a deluge of older figures that everyone has already.

Reaction score
Walmart in Hereford, TX (on the way back home to Colo Spgs from visiting the in-laws):

Cobra HISS Tank Driver
Cobra Viper
Snake Eyes ("scissor neck" version)
Wild Bill
Duke
Spirit

I didn't even know these were out yet!

Reaction score
Heard a rumor VERY EARLY this morning that Wave 7 has hit the Denver metro area. Do not know where, but I say get out and go get them!

You can skip the stores I mentioned in my last Star Wars post as they did not have them. Did see a couple Beachheads on the pegs though which I had not seen for a while.

Reaction score
I saw all of wave 7 this morning at a Walmart here in Colorado Springs. Just one or two of each figure left.

Reaction score
HUGE thanks to fett413 for tipping me on wave 7 at Colfax Wadsworth WalMart. There were none left by the time I got there, except for those hidden for me. Thanks again!

They are hitting so keep your eyes open!

Reaction score
Complete sets of Wave 7 at Targets at 144th/I-25 and 120th/Washington this morning.

At 120th/Washington store, saw a package variant for the Cobra Viper that had the "From the GI Joe cartoon" logo in the upper right corner versus the "25th Anniversary" logo.

Curiously enough, at the same store, I saw a couple of the wave 8 Cobra Commander w/ MASS device. No other wave 8 figures were there.

Reaction score
target on lincoln in south denver, crap load of wave 7 figures, including the comic cartoon packaged ones. you can find some more at the target on arapahoe as well.

Reaction score
Saw weird case assortment at C-Mills Target yesterday afternoon. Included all of Wave 7 and the assortment was peppered with V2 Cobra Commanders (wave 4), Zartans and a lone Firefly. Scooped the Firefly for myself as I missed him originally. Awesome figure!

Reaction score
I found the last two waves this afternoon at C-Mills Target. Wave 7?, the Viper wave, and a new repaint wave with the 25th Ann. logo replaced by 'From Cartoon', etc. I saw:

'86 Roadblock (new)
Arctic Snake Eyes (new)
Cartoon Baroness (repaint)
Cartoon Cobra Commander (repaint)
Python Patrol Cobra (repaint)
Tiger Force Flint (repaint)

I don't know if Major Bludd is in this wave or not, but I did not see him.

Reaction score
Does everyone have their wave 8's now? It's been a month since my first sighting but no sign of Major Bludd.

How about the new comic packs? I havent seen those either.

Reaction score
Nerf,

I didn't know you were still in need. I've seen the Comic Packs a couple times now. In fact, the Highlands Ranch Wal-Mart (C470/Quebec) had them as of 10am this morning. I also had an extra Major Bludd I tried to pawn and ended up returning it. It didn't seem like this forum was keeping up, so I almost solely use Hisstank.com for GI Joe sightings and postings. I know SWJay and Egg both post there as well. I would join ASAP. I think you'll like it. There's some good collectors over there who will help out.

In the meantime, let me know what you need so I can be on the look out. I'm caught up except for Wave 9 which should hit any day now.

Reaction score
To celebrate the 4th of July, I mught have to revisit my youth and strap a roll of firecrackers to a GI Joe.

-theropod

Reaction score
No doubt...then shoot the rest with your BB gun (multiple pumps by the way).

Reaction score
I saw remnant of wave 9 last night - remnant being a Torpedo with white border and the new icon in the upper right corner. Has barbecue, snow serpent, and black stormshadow on the back.

I dont know what the deal is with west metro but the stores are chock full of older comic packs so I guess they arent putting out the new ones. wave 8 hit once and never again.