GI JOE: Classified 6" Line

Reaction score
Finally watched snake eyes the other night. I can see why the figures from the movie have not been selling well.

Spoilers if you haven’t seen the movie yet:

Hasbro has a lot of nerve to base a toy line and sell figures of super popular characters who were barely even in their iconic outfits. Snake eyes was literally in his snake eyes outfit for less than a minute! Storm shadow never even put his hood on!! And yet they made figures of them?? I don’t think the movie on its own was terrible but when it takes 40 minutes for the first reference to cobra or anything gi Joe related it’s like about time. And then I spend the rest of the movie thinking, when the **** is he going to become snake eyes and the other dude storm shadow??! And they had me waiting til the very end of the movie! I have to believe that Hasbro had some creative control over the story and for them to be like, “show snake eyes in his iconic outfit for less than a minute in a movie called snake eyes? Go for it!” They’re just making bad decisions left and right lately.

So yeah, I can see why people weren’t clamoring to get the figures.

Reaction score
I have 0 interest in seeing the Snake-Eyes film. It's evident that they modified/changed the iconic Snake-Eyes/Stormshadow storyline from the original Marvel comic so much that the characters/plot are almost unrecognizable. Screw that. I made the mistake of watching the first G.I. Joe: ARAH film back in the late 200X's, and that was a steaming piece of crap as well.

The only good things about the ARAH-related films are that they've resulted in a resurgence of interest in the franchise...and have also generated some decent ARAH-based toys that would otherwise not have been made.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have 0 interest in seeing the Snake-Eyes film. It's evident that they modified/changed the iconic Snake-Eyes/Stormshadow storyline from the original Marvel comic so much that the characters/plot are almost unrecognizable. Screw that. I made the mistake of watching the first G.I. Joe: ARAH film back in the late 200X's, and that was a steaming piece of crap as well.

The only good things about the ARAH-related films are that they've resulted in a resurgence of interest in the franchise...and have also generated some decent ARAH-based toys that would otherwise not have been made.

Yeah, I’ll admit I’m very rusty on my original gi Joe origin stories, but the whole time I’m watching the movie, and again, SPOILERS, but I was like wait, so snake eyes is kind of a bad guy and storm shadow is honorable and then at the end they flip?!?! Yeah, I don’t think that’s at all how it went. I always viewed storm shadow as the bad guy and snake eyes was the quiet honorable one. But again, I’m really rusty on that but it just didn’t seem right.

Reaction score
Yes, the film completely butchered the original & iconic Snake-Eyes/Storm-Shadow origin story. This was originally revealed in the original G.I. Joe: ARAH Marvel comic from 1984, specifically issues #26-27:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah, I’ll admit I’m very rusty on my original gi Joe origin stories, but the whole time I’m watching the movie, and again, SPOILERS, but I was like wait, so snake eyes is kind of a bad guy and storm shadow is honorable and then at the end they flip?!?! Yeah, I don’t think that’s at all how it went. I always viewed storm shadow as the bad guy and snake eyes was the quiet honorable one. But again, I’m really rusty on that but it just didn’t seem right.
Tvc
Yes, the film butchered the original & iconic Snake-Eyes/Storm-Shadow origin story. This was originally revealed in the original G.I. Joe: ARAH Marvel comic from 1984, specifically issues #26-27:

Wow. Sooo, basically the people behind the movie were like screw it! We’re just gonna make stuff up! I could see them doing some variations but keeping the overall spirit of the story but they just went so completely away from it.

Reaction score
Entertainment Earth and BBTS has them up also. I don’t get why BBTS marks them up $2 more?

Reaction score
Got my preorder in! Can't wait the SIX or SEVEN months to get them!!!! Especially since a batch showed up at Walmart apparently already. But all these preorders are getting soooo far out. I've got some Hasbro preorders placed a couple months ago that are supposed to ship in July.

Reaction score
Hasbro Pulse saying my PulseCon Zartan will be shipping soon. Nothing about the Python Patrol/Outback that I ordered at the same time though.

Got that notice too. When I saw the email that said we have an update about your order I was like oh no....but it was a good update! Here's hoping it arrives in great shape!

Reaction score
Anything I've ever ordered from Pulse has made it across the border in amazing shape. I'd use them for everything but for one-off items they're just too expensive. If you order 4-5 items though, you only get hit for one delivery charge, regardless of when they ship so for us Northerners its a good deal, especially as it arrives within 48 hours. BBTS for example I'm usually waiting a week or more, although their loot pile system is outstanding.

Reaction score
Anything I've ever ordered from Pulse has made it across the border in amazing shape. I'd use them for everything but for one-off items they're just too expensive. If you order 4-5 items though, you only get hit for one delivery charge, regardless of when they ship so for us Northerners its a good deal, especially as it arrives within 48 hours. BBTS for example I'm usually waiting a week or more, although their loot pile system is outstanding.

Im glad you’ve had good luck. That’s not been my experience unfortunately. Although the last round of Star Wars pulse exclusives arrived in really nice shape despite having a ton of empty space in the box with no packing material whatsoever.

Reaction score
Tvc

Wow. Sooo, basically the people behind the movie were like screw it! We’re just gonna make stuff up! I could see them doing some variations but keeping the overall spirit of the story but they just went so completely away from it.
No, they didn't get the original story from the original comic books the same, but the intentions were almost the same.

Stalker, Snake Eyes and Tommy (Storm Shadow) were in the same unit in Vietnam, Snake save Tommy's life and he went to train with Tommy at his clan (the Arashicage clan), when someone kill the Master (it was Zartan) Storm Shadow (Tommy) blamed Snake and from there ...you know the rest.

he didn't get his face burned until he was already with GI Joe and Scarlett.

Reaction score
Got my zartan today. I was a little annoyed though and surprised to see they taped the window flap that opens to show the figure inside the big window. Seems totally unnecessary. And it also shows the extent to how anal I am when it comes to what constitutes mimb. The ocd part of me is like but if I cut the tape on the window flap, even though the box where the figure itself is is still taped shut, then I’ve compromised it and it’s not fully sealed. Silly, I know but that’s just the way my mind works when it comes to these things. And I just don’t understand why they felt the need to tape it.

Reaction score
I’m thinking about unloading my exclusive zartan. Opened it up and actually like the old one just fine. Anybody’s interested hit me up. I’m down for trades as well. I’m a simple dude

Reaction score
Reaction score
Apparently Walmart is going to have a line of retro carded 6" figures starting with Baroness and Lady Jaye. First off, I'm not a fan of the oversized cards. And second, exclusive to WALMART!?!?!! NOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Reaction score
Apparently Walmart is going to have a line of retro carded 6" figures starting with Baroness and Lady Jaye. First off, I'm not a fan of the oversized cards. And second, exclusive to WALMART!?!?!! NOOOOOOO!!!!!!
Though I will be curious as to what the Baroness will look like.

Reaction score
Since I can not get a ****ing answer on hisstank! Does anybody know if valaverse figures are currently shipping from their website? Or are the people that have them getting them from Kickstarter orders?
I’m just wondering because I ordered some a lil while ago and they steady stay at “processing”
Any help is appreciated

Reaction score
Since I can not get a ****ing answer on hisstank! Does anybody know if valaverse figures are currently shipping from their website? Or are the people that have them getting them from Kickstarter orders?
I’m just wondering because I ordered some a lil while ago and they steady stay at “processing”
Any help is appreciated
Valaverse.com just started shipping the figures.

Reaction score
I found BATS and Alley Viper at a local WM the other day. They had no crackers, but they had the two newest 6" Joes. Go figure.

I picked up the BATS - my third 6". I like this one quite a bit, and happy they've gone to a more vintage look with these since the first couple waves.

Reaction score
I found BATS and Alley Viper at a local WM the other day. They had no crackers, but they had the two newest 6" Joes. Go figure.

I picked up the BATS - my third 6". I like this one quite a bit, and happy they've gone to a more vintage look with these since the first couple waves.

Awesome find! And apparently the cracker shortage is nationwide. Can’t get them around here (Illinois) either.

Reaction score
Nothing in my area yet. I got one from Mercari for 10 bucks seeing I had some money In there after I sold off a MOTU Origins Castle Grayskull. Amazon accidentally sent me an extra one. As well as I a Bat from Amazon. I have 2 more which are supposed to ship February 14th.