GI Joe ARAH Expert like Sansweet?

Reaction score
Is there a GI Joe equivalent of Steve Sansweet out there? Someone who is an expert on the minutiae of the 1980s GI Joe line? I have a really obscure question that has been floating around in my brain since the 80s and I have no idea who could possibly answer it.

Reaction score
Is there a GI Joe equivalent of Steve Sansweet out there? Someone who is an expert on the minutiae of the 1980s GI Joe line? I have a really obscure question that has been floating around in my brain since the 80s and I have no idea who could possibly answer it.
I would check some of the GI Joe sites. Generally there really isn't an equivalent of a Steve Sansweet for GI Joe as a lot of the GI Joe ARAH creators for both the characters and the toys are very approachable and will answer questions for you. I know that Chris McLeod and Justin Bell, just to name a few, are a couple of super knowledgeable,guys about that stuff.

Reaction score
I would check out hisstank.com to find a GI Joe expert. The only name that comes to mind off the top of my head would be Mark Bellomo who writes the collecting guides. FYI, he was featured on a YouTube documentary series from Flophouse Films called Collectable Spectacle. You should check it out.

Reaction score
What is the Question?

The Answer is 42.

Combat Organization of Battle Ready Assassins

Reaction score
I would check out hisstank.com to find a GI Joe expert. The only name that comes to mind off the top of my head would be Mark Bellomo who writes the collecting guides. FYI, he was featured on a YouTube documentary series from Flophouse Films called Collectable Spectacle. You should check it out.
Yeah, Bellomo definitely knows his stuff. He also appeared in several episodes of the Netflix documentary series The Toys that Made Us. And if I'm not mistaken, I think he has a Rebelscum account and has posted here from time to time.

Reaction score

I tried to register at Hisstank, but it said my email was banned, which is confusing because I've never registered there before or emailed them or anything like that. Bleah.

Reaction score
When the Joe Movie came out a lot of people kept asking if Cobra stood for something. Which we all knew it did but its only written in the GI Joe club mailings (80s) Not the current club. & not the toy packaging. It may have been written in the Marvel comics, but I wasn't scanning the issues to find it.

Reaction score
When the Joe Movie came out a lot of people kept asking if Cobra stood for something. Which we all knew it did but its only written in the GI Joe club mailings (80s) Not the current club. & not the toy packaging. It may have been written in the Marvel comics, but I wasn't scanning the issues to find it.
In the comics, it was revealed that Cobra Commander ran a company called Arbco, which was very similar to Amway. His company was shut down by the government for being a pyramid scheme so he decided to become a domestic terrorist.

Reaction score
Sorry for the late reply, but if you are still looking for someone I would suggest trying to get a hold of Mike T on Joecustoms or even one of the Joe Declassified guys, like Nomad.

Reaction score
What is your question?

Reaction score
What is your question?
When I received the GI Joe Headquarters playset for Christmas, on the back of the box there was a list of all of the play features and one of them had been printed over with a black line. Being a curious type I used a q-tip with some rubbing alcohol and lightly brushed off the black printing and revealed a play feature that clearly wasn't part of the toy. It said something like "With foot pegs throughout for posing your GI Joe figures!" I have never seen this variation in the packaging documented anywhere. I sent Mark Bellomo a FB mesg about it and he never responded. I wondered whether the whole initial shipment had that black line, or whether there were just a few boxes that had them, and whether there's a prototype out there somewhere that actually has foot pegs? It's something that's haunted me since that Christmas.

Reaction score
Sounds like an early production variant to me, probably only seen on the first run of box labels. I have seen other packaging over the years that has text covered either with a black magic marker or a solid black sticker and this is usually only seen on the first run of packaging then corrected for following shipments.