GG Q&A Thread (back in business!)

Reaction score
My question and I know I may have mis read what is stated (I do that a lot). Does this mean this is the only wave of product we will see this year? I only ask as we are past the first few weeks of 2012 and this was just posted today.

Heh, if that were the case, then Turbo would certainly have a right to say something about not enough product. ;) Nope, I'm referring to Chinese New Year, which is going on now. I believe their new calendar year officially begins on 1/23. Typically, because the whole country shuts down for a couple of weeks in honor of the New Year, there's a gap in output. That's why you guys start posting the tumbleweeds come mid-March every year.

northilfan said:
Is it possible to obtain an anticipated list of 2nd quarter product sooner rather than later

First off, it's still my pleasure to be here, believe it or not. :) We've been doing this for what... over a month now? Not too bad.

Now, as for your question, I could post a Q2 release schedule right now and feel somewhat confident about all of those products arriving within that Quarter, but I'm not going to. Considering how unique these pieces are, and how they each present their own individual challenges during the manufacturing process (even up through the final stages), I don't want to share any estimates on release dates too early because, as we all know, delays can happen. Things can take longer than expected, and I'm not going to get everyone fired up about something unless I'm feeling reasonably confident that we're going to be able to deliver as promised.

turbowars said:
Yeah I would say something about too little...

Well, there you go. :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hey Rogue ... Can we expect any new animated maquettes beyond Boushh? (not Clone Wars 3D style) If so, any hints?

And with The Hobbit nearing, can we expect any more LotR or Hobbit maquettes?
I was real sad when they stopped these. I have them all and we never got any of the Hobbits or Strider/Aragorn ... or Gollum

Thanks!!!

Reaction score
Hey Rogue ... Can we expect any new animated maquettes beyond Boushh? (not Clone Wars 3D style) If so, any hints?

And with The Hobbit nearing, can we expect any more LotR or Hobbit maquettes?
I was real sad when they stopped these. I have them all and we never got any of the Hobbits or Strider/Aragorn ... or Gollum

Thanks!!!

Nothing I can talk about... yet. :)

mrpickles said:
Dart board, anyone? Bueller

Yep! New and improved dart board. Better price for collectors on it, too. I'm planning on getting one, myself.

Reaction score
Really like the new price on the dartboard. I guess I will be getting one after all. Maybe 2 so I can keep one in mint condition.

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm liking the dart board. When it comes out, I might use one of my TOR coupons on it. Good job guys.

Reaction score
+1 for any info on The Hobbit related items - bust, statues, maquettes, whatever. I plan to begin setting some money aside starting this spring just for all The Hobbit related things I know I'll buy, so I'd like to get a jump on what to add to the list. With possibly SSC and Weta in the mix for collectibles, it makes things interesting.

Reaction score
Is a Phase 2 Captain Rex Mini Bust in the works? Any updates on the AT-RT statue?

Reaction score
Yep! New and improved dart board. Better price for collectors on it, too. I'm planning on getting one, myself.

Actually in this price-range, it's a pretty good deal. It might be time to retire the one I got from trading-in Camel cash back in the day.

Stupid question: How does the round board part attach to the back of the cabinet? Or does it hang loosely from a wire? -thanks

Last edited:
Reaction score
Greg, will the jumbo C-3PO & R2-D2's head be vac-metalized/chromed?
I asked this before and he said yes. I hope they don't go back on it.

Hey Greg, was the Amber Mini bust suppose to be on that list you posted for the next 30 days? Because I was charged for mine at BBTS today. One of your best line todate. I still think the people that are designing and making the Sucker Punch line has ZERO to do with the SW line. It's like two different companies.

Reaction score
Hey Greg -

A while ago i saw (on the site of one of your employees) that he has some nfl sculpts on display, any word on when/if those are coming out? And are any more planned, say anybody with a horseshoe on the helmet?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Greg, when can we see some Iron Maiden "Eddie" Busts? "Somewhere in Time" Eddie please!

eddie-time.jpg

Reaction score
Depends on what a license cost them(GG) to get sucker punch? if it was a reasonable cost then it might of been worth it to make the items being produced. That line is arguably the best line produced to date by GG. Simply Amazing!

Reaction score
I liked Sucker Punch too. I think if I was at all disappointed by the movie, it was only for the reason that I'm disappointed by far too many movies these days. It's because when a film has a solid story that requires more time to unfold properly, they impose time limits on it. In this case somebody thought 110 minutes was enough. Of course the extended version is available at 127 minutes as well, perhaps that is sufficient? I'm not sure. I believe I only saw the 110 minute version. Sucker Punch had a great story, likable cast, it drew you in, but then it just sort of slowly fizzled out with sequences that just needed a bit more screen time to work properly.

I might add that Gentle Giant has done a fantastic job with their Sucker Punch product line.

Reaction score
I can understand avatar, many people liked that movie. I have never seen it, not sure how those busts are selling. Sucker Punch, maybe it's because I did not sit and watched the whole thing, but from what I saw, thanks but no thanks. I am not saying they did a bad job on the line. I was just curious as to how they pick the movies or series they pick from. I would have thought the more popular the movie the better sales would be.

Reaction score
Well, I think it all depends on what properties GG can acquire in the first place, as in, they can't get everything they want and do get some things they probably don't want as much. Surprisingly, I expected Avatar to be a huge hit for them just based ooff the rep of the movie alone, yet GG has waited so long, Avatar is off the radar for some. On the flip side, you have Sucker Punch which was probably cheap to get.

Reaction score
halomite said:
Is a Phase 2 Captain Rex Mini Bust in the works? Any updates on the AT-RT statue?

Nothing that I can comment on at this time.

jedi534 said:
Greg, will the jumbo C-3PO & R2-D2's head be vac-metalized/chromed?

Vac-Metalized

turbowars said:
Hey Greg, was the Amber Mini bust suppose to be on that list you posted for the next 30 days? Because I was charged for mine at BBTS today. One of your best line todate. I still think the people that are designing and making the Sucker Punch line has ZERO to do with the SW line. It's like two different companies.

Yep. We processed orders for her on our end before the "next 30 days list" went out, I think. I know we made a big to-do about her roughly two weeks ago.

As for SW vs. SP... It's the same sculptors, same factories. Different licensors. Take that for what you will.

_maxpower_ said:
A while ago i saw (on the site of one of your employees) that he has some nfl sculpts on display, any word on when/if those are coming out? And are any more planned, say anybody with a horseshoe on the helmet?

We don't have the NFL license.

jedi534 said:
Greg, when can we see some Iron Maiden "Eddie" Busts? "Somewhere in Time" Eddie please!

\m/ Although that would be awesome, we don't have the rights to do a piece based on Eddie at this time (but you can bet your ***** I'm bringing it up at the staff meeting today).

vader2001 said:
How do you pick the movies that you will do the bust/maquettes/statues from?

::microwaves up a bowl of popcorn::

Looks like you guys have this one well in hand. I'll just sit back and watch. ;)

Seriously though, I can't reveal the whys or wherefors about how we choose our licenses. It's all top-secret business-y stuff that would get me fired if I divulge it. If that happened, then I wouldn't be able to maintain my consecutive day streak on here, Vader.

Reaction score
Actually in this price-range, it's a pretty good deal. It might be time to retire the one I got from trading-in Camel cash back in the day.

Stupid question: How does the round board part attach to the back of the cabinet? Or does it hang loosely from a wire? -thanks

The board screws in to the cabinet. Sorry for not replying to this one sooner, but I had to check with PD (the prototype isn't attached at all).

Reaction score
Hey Greg, I have a great question for you. I was reading the description that you have for your Panda Boba statue and I was wondering if you have considered making a new base for Blue Snags for continuity sake?

FROM GG's Site, "Designed with CONTINUITY in mind; Walrus Man features a themed base. Perfect for aligning some of the previous and future Cantina patrons!"

If Not I guess that's why it say SOME of the Previous statues.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hey Greg, I have a great question for you. I was reading the description that you have for your Panda Boba statue and I was wondering if you have considered making a new base for Blue Snags for continuity sake?

FROM GG's Site, "Designed with CONTINUITY in mind; Walrus Man features a themed base. Perfect for aligning some of the previous and future Cantina patrons!"

I second that. A square base with a piece of the bar behind so they can all be lined up like they are sitting at the bar together.

Reaction score
Greg:

I noticed that GG did the scan work for Don't Be Afraid of the Dark. I know that the movie was not a huge success at the box office, but are you planning on making one of those little creatures in resin? Pretty cool little creatures.

Reaction score

What we mean by continuity are elements in these statues like the stool (accurate to what was displayed in the film), the bar, etc. Shape of the base isn't what we're talking about. So, to answer your question, no we won't be redesigning the base for the Blue Snags statue, and our description isn't inaccurate. :)

chicanodom said:
I noticed that GG did the scan work for Don't Be Afraid of the Dark. I know that the movie was not a huge success at the box office, but are you planning on making one of those little creatures in resin? Pretty cool little creatures.

Not to my knowledge, no. However, never say never.

Reaction score
What we mean by continuity are elements in these statues like the stool (accurate to what was displayed in the film), the bar, etc. Shape of the base isn't what we're talking about. So, to answer your question, no we won't be redesigning the base for the Blue Snags statue, and our description isn't inaccurate. :)
Greg, nowhere did I say the description was inaccurate. I asked if you were going to make a new base for Snags, thats all. To say the bar, etc. Shape of the base isn't what we're talking about, doesn't make sense.

The description says, "Designed with CONTINUITY in mind; Walrus Man features a themed base. Perfect for aligning some of the previous and future Cantina patrons!"

The key words are SOME and ALIGNING. You know what forget it, you said you aren't making a new base, which you should, but I got my answer.