GG Q&A Thread (back in business!)

Reaction score
Hey guys! Just to let you all know, today's my last day in the office until Thursday, January 5th. I won't be on the boards and GG's social media accounts won't be updated until after I get back (so don't go worrying that I've already abandoned this thread, k vader2001?). Happy Holidays!
I wouldn't think you would jump ship only after, what 8 days. Maybe 18.....

Reaction score
I just got the Wicket bust and I really love it. Any chance Logray or Chief Chirpa are coming soon in mini bust form?

Reaction score
2012 is the 10th year anniversary for the production of Star Wars Products from GG. Any extra plans for the occasion?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Logray has already been announced.
Dang, you're right. Things have been so slow lately that I forgot about what's coming in 2012...well maybe 2012.

Speaking of which, when can we expect the Battle Droid mini bust to come out? A OOM-9, security, or pilot variant would be an excellent SDCC or C6 exclusive.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hey all! Hope you had a happy holiday break. I'm back and ready to resume responding to y'all.

zodach said:
I just got the Wicket bust and I really love it. Any chance Logray or Chief Chirpa are coming soon in mini bust form?
Logray's already been announced and is up for pre-order. =) Chief Chirpa's always a possibility.

lordquigon said:
What's the status on Kit Fisto and the Death Star gunner mini-busts?
Kit Fisto's slated for a Q2 release. Correcting the color on the piece set his release timeline back a little bit.

Death Star Gunner's an AFX Exclusive, and as a result, is on their timeline.

Jedi534 said:
2012 is the 10th year anniversary for the production of Star Wars Products from GG. Any extra plans for the occasion?
Nothing that I can comment on yet.

zodach said:
Speaking of which, when can we expect the Battle Droid mini bust to come out? A OOM-9, security, or pilot variant would be an excellent SDCC or C6 exclusive.
Battle Droid should be a Q2 release as well. I'm confident that we're actually going to get it out this time (and, knowing our track record, I don't slap statements like that on estimates very often). We've certainly discussed variants, but right now, I think we just want the regular edition out the door first.

Reaction score
Greg,

Welcome back!!! Is their a new picture of the Fisto bust with color corrections you can post? Also is their a list of 2012 exclusives you can publish yet?

Reaction score
It's great to hear that Kit's color scheme is being revised. It really needed a bit of help.

Reaction score
are any new busts going to be out before my 30.00 code expires?

Reaction score
Greg,

Welcome back!!! Is their a new picture of the Fisto bust with color corrections you can post? Also is their a list of 2012 exclusives you can publish yet?
Thanks! Glad to be back. As for pics, I know we took some at one point. I'll have to track them down. The new paint master was on display at SDCC last year, so if you find pics of that then that's what he looks like now.

kingbrat said:
are any new busts going to be out before my 30.00 code expires
Before most $30.00 codes expire? Yes. But not your code, Brat. I've deleted it. :friendly_wink:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Before most $30.00 codes expire? Yes. But not your code, Brat. I've deleted it. :friendly_wink:
one less thing I have to b%^ch about then. Now thats Customer Service!! :glee:

but I did forget that you already posted the Q1 schedule...my bad

Reaction score
Hi Greg,
thanks for this thread to keep us in the loop on GG products. hope you and the rest of the staff had a great holidays!

will the second cantina band member tedn be a 2nd quar release? also it has been hinted that follow-up band members might be as an exclusive or possible two-pack, might there be an announcement regarding the next one sometime this year?

BTW, the holiday vader turned out great!

Reaction score
Great news about Master Fisto!:eagerness:

Why is there such a lack in statues and dios from Episodes I, II & III? There is a market and people want them. I just re-bought the Maul statue and it's an OUTSTANDING piece!!!! I'd LOVE to see Anakin, Obi-Wan, Clone Troopers, Qui-Gon, Lightsaber wielding Yoda, Jango, Acklay just to name a few.

Last edited:
Reaction score
one less thing I have to b%^ch about then. Now that's Customer Service!! :glee:
My work here is done. ;)

Seriously though, once again breaking my 1 reply/day rule here to bring y'all a special announcement (don't worry vader2001, I'm not announcing that giving up on this thread). Hunter, lordquigon, I'll reply to your questions on Monday. I wanted to direct everyone's attention to our latest blog post - It’s 2012, which means…

We're taking your suggestions for a 2012 PGM Gift! Please post them as comments on the original entry on our blog, not in this thread. Thanks!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I just commented over there. Thanks for asking for our input on the gifts, it's a nice gesture.

Reaction score
Thrawn
Juno
The Apprentice - the normal one!
Bastilla
HK-47
Kir Kanos
Canor Jax
Durge - Original CW
A new shipping department will be acceptable too.

Reaction score
Thrawn
Juno
Bastilla
HK-47
Kir Kanos
Canor Jax
Durge - Original CW
Ack, I should have remembered the KOTOR characters! Still, nice to see some more love for the Crimson Empire Guardsmen.

Reaction score
My work here is done. ;)

Seriously though, once again breaking my 1 reply/day rule here to bring y'all a special announcement (don't worry vader2001, I'm not announcing that giving up on this thread). Hunter, lordquigon, I'll reply to your questions on Monday. I wanted to direct everyone's attention to our latest blog post - It’s 2012, which means…

We're taking your suggestions for a 2012 PGM Gift! Please post them as comments on the original entry on our blog, not in this thread. Thanks!
Dude you really need to move on with that. It's about as funny as how bad as your shipping department does a good job. Plus if you where dropping the thread, I am sure you would not announce it. I thought you mentioned you where working on your PGM gifts.... So much for that....... On a good note, you are at least taking suggestion on the 2012 PGM gift, which would have been better if you'd done that like 4 months ago.

Reaction score
Thrawn
Juno
Bastilla
HK-47
Kir Kanos
Canor Jax
Durge - Original CW
Nice suggestions, but maybe you should post on their blog instead..... :sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::):):)

Jim

Reaction score
I threw some suggestions on the blog. Thanks for soliciting feedback for the PGM gift!

All are minibusts:
Asajj Ventress (not animated)
Amanaman
Ponda Baba
Dr. Evazan
Super Battle Droid
Ki Adi Mundi
Weequay

Reaction score
I threw some suggestions on the blog. Thanks for soliciting feedback for the PGM gift!

Ki Adi Mundi

Ki-Adi-Mundi (Episode I,II or III version, NOT animated!) PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eagerness:

I'll re-phrase my question: Are there any plan for statues and dios base on character's, other then Maul, from Episode's I, II & III?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Greg, I got an idea.

Any chance of making a Bastilla & Satele Shan two-pack? It just makes sense.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Greg, how come some of our blog comments are not approved? I suggested several product but mine is still "waiting approval" while others that posted after me got approved.

Did some of us get blacklisted or something?

Reaction score
Greg,

How come some PG members received the email notification about the Nihilus bust over the weekend but others didn't? The 2011 membership should still be valid since the 2012 offering hasn't kicked in yet correct?

Reaction score
Greg,

How come some PG members received the email notification about the Nihilus bust over the weekend but others didn't? The 2011 membership should still be valid since the 2012 offering hasn't kicked in yet correct?

You can buy it at Urban Collector or ShopAFX.com. ShopAFX has a low price has the low price guarantee. Urban Collector has it for $71.99. Which will probably be cheaper than GG has it for anyway.

Reaction score
Vader2001. I appreciate the help in secruing one but that still doesn't resolve my question of why some members received the email and I didn't. I just remember pre-PGM days when people got emails about buying some of the exclusive con bust such as Mara Jade and I didn't get it. I hope those days aren't coming back.

Reaction score
huntercj said:
Hi Greg,
thanks for this thread to keep us in the loop on GG products. hope you and the rest of the staff had a great holidays!

will the second cantina band member tedn be a 2nd quar release? also it has been hinted that follow-up band members might be as an exclusive or possible two-pack, might there be an announcement regarding the next one sometime this year?

BTW, the holiday vader turned out great!
Thank you! Yep, we had a great holiday break. How was yours?

Yep, Tedn should be a Q2 release, and yes we are thinking about doing the rest of the band.

Thanks! Glad you like him! =)

lordquigon said:
Great news about Master Fisto!

Why is there such a lack in statues and dios from Episodes I, II & III? There is a market and people want them. I just re-bought the Maul statue and it's an OUTSTANDING piece!!!! I'd LOVE to see Anakin, Obi-Wan, Clone Troopers, Qui-Gon, Lightsaber wielding Yoda, Jango, Acklay just to name a few.
I think you'll be happy with how we address this suggestion this year. :)

gkinct said:
Thanks for asking for our input on the gifts, it's a nice gesture.
No problem! Btw, everyone should keep in mind that even if their suggestions don't get picked for PGM gifts, they may still see their ideas in polystone at one point. :)

deathstar1000 said:
Greg, I got an idea.

Any chance of making a Bastilla & Satele Shan two-pack? It just makes sense.
Intriguing idea. Not sure it would work as a PG gift, but it merrits a run up the flagpole to see what the folks above me think. Thank you.

deathstar1000 said:
Greg, how come some of our blog comments are not approved? I suggested several product but mine is still "waiting approval" while others that posted after me got approved.

Did some of us get blacklisted or something?
Most comments on our blog require moderation before they can be seen. I do that about once a day when I first get in to work. Before posting this reply, I went through and approved all of the pending comments on that entry, so your should be visible now.

Contrary to popular belief, we don't blacklist anyone from posting on our Blog, Facebook or any other social presence we have unless it's an egregious breach of decorum. Matter of fact, in the 2+ years I've worked here I've only dropped the banhammer on one guy, and that was for making multiple personal attacks on employees of the company on our FB wall.

northilfan said:
1) Yes, 2011 memberships will be valid until just before the 2012 ones are made available. You will receive notification when this transition is ready to happen.

2) The e-mails were sent out to all current PGMs. It's a huge list, and takes several hours for our server to get through. The e-mails started going out Friday afternoon, and I didn't get mine at my home account until Saturday night. Unfortunately, it's not the kind of thing that we can just send out and have all of the e-mails go out at exactly the same time because a) that's impossible for a list our size with the equipment we have and b) even if it were possible, we have to "throttle" (automatically space out) the sending of the newsletters to adhere to established mass mailing "best practices." If we don't, then we get flagged for spamming and the whole batch of notices can get rejected.

I know a lot of users with hotmail accounts have problems getting some of our newsletters. Don't even get me started on Earthlink. If you haven't received an e-mail notification by now, double-check the e-mail address you have on file with us and make sure that customerservice@gentlegiantstudios.com is on your whitelist.

Reaction score
Intriguing idea. Not sure it would work as a PG gift, but it merrits a run up the flagpole to see what the folks above me think. Thank you.

Most comments on our blog require moderation before they can be seen. I do that about once a day when I first get in to work. Before posting this reply, I went through and approved all of the pending comments on that entry, so your should be visible now.

Contrary to popular belief, we don't blacklist anyone from posting on our Blog, Facebook or any other social presence we have unless it's an egregious breach of decorum. Matter of fact, in the 2+ years I've worked here I've only dropped the banhammer on one guy, and that was for making multiple personal attacks on employees of the company on our FB wall.
Thanks!

Reaction score
What are the chances of seeing more Separatist mini-busts? Nute Gunray, Super Battle Droid, San Hill, Wat Tambor, Rune Haako, Destroyer Droid, so many possibilities!

Reaction score
Greg,

Do you know what the expiration date for the coupon that was included in the Star Wars The Old Republic Collectors Edition?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Could you give us a hint? Please!:eagerness:
Not yet, no.

specialopsunit said:
When will you officially announce the 2012 PGM? Will it be this month?
End of the month/early February.

halomite said:
What are the chances of seeing more Separatist mini-busts? Nute Gunray, Super Battle Droid, San Hill, Wat Tambor, Rune Haako, Destroyer Droid, so many possibilities!
I'd say there's a decent chance.

yoda_whisperer said:
Do you know what the expiration date for the coupon that was included in the Star Wars The Old Republic Collectors Edition?
I've got an e-mail in to our director of web sales on this. With Nihilus hitting the web yesterday, she's a little slammed right now. I'll edit this post with a reply as soon as she can get back to me.

EDIT: They don't expire.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hobbit. Gentle Giant. Together??????

SDCC exclusive? PGM exclusive?

The silence on this is a little encouraging to me..... Hmmmm.....