GG Q&A Thread (back in business!)

Reaction score
Greg, care to clarify which game the upcoming video game busts are from? The Force Unleashed, Knights of the Old Republic, TOR?

Reaction score
Second, we haven't forgotten about Jar Jar. As the pictures that have leaked indicate, there is one in development. Soon as he's through approvals, meesa thinks we'll be soliciting him.

Meesa liken dis!:encouragement::eagerness::applouse:

2 more questions for ya::friendly_wink:

1) Is there a Revenge of the Sith Anakin with his hood up and yellow eyes in the works?

2) Dose GG pay any heed to GGC "Most Wanted" lists? http://www.gentlegiantcollectors.com/registry/mostwanted/viewresults.php?themeid=1

Last edited:
Reaction score
Having just put out a new Vader as this year's holiday piece, I think it will be a while before we do another MB of him. It's hard, but we're trying to strike a solid balance between revisiting characters that we haven't done in a while that deserve multiple pieces, and covering new ground and giving some deserving characters the much-needed MB treatment.
True, we've seen Darth Vader sequels and prequels... but not the original. Look at the reaction eFX got when they announced their ANH Vader Helmet. It sold out seconds!

You've done 7 of the original 9 main ANH credited cast, except for Vader and R2 (can't do R2 as a mini-bust we know!)
Luke Skywalker
Han Solo
Princess Leia Organa
Grand Moff Tarkin
Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi
Chewbacca
C-3PO...

The original Darth Vader is really needed to complete the line-up. Please see what the rest of the Gentle Giant team think. (We really do need Lord Vader! It's also a bust that would be bought by the casual fan as an impulse buy too).

Thanks Rougue01, and Merry Christmas to the entire Gentle Giant team, keep up the great work in 2012.

Reaction score
Why do all GG releases nowadays come out in waves rather than spaced out every month or so like the old days? It's difficult to drop $400+ at one time rather than $75 monthly. Economics? Cheaper to ship one container quarterly?

Reaction score
Thanks again for the answers.

1. What are the chances of seeing any more McQuarries pieces and for them to be sold outside of SDCC?
2. Are their going to be any more clones/commandos coming anytime soon?

Reaction score
deathstar1000 said:
Any new SWTOR items in the works?
Yes.

vader2001 said:
Are you going to be at C6 and having any exclusives?

Why has the communication fallen through the cracks? One example emails going out with tracking #'s.
1) Right now, the plan is to be at CVI and have an exclusive there.

2) What, me doing a daily Q&A not good enough "communication" for you? Seriously though, tracking e-mails are sent out for every order. We understand that there's a rash of folks that aren't receiving them. We're looking in to this. The problem is, much like one of our packages, once it leaves us, we can't control what happens to it.

In a previous job many years ago, I troubleshot e-mail servers for MCI Worldcom. There's all kinds of stuff that can prevent an e-mail from getting to its recipient, as the path a message takes from sender to receiver is not a straight line. There are servers that a message will travel through, and if there's a problem with a server (from anything like an outage to even just an amped-up security filter), they can hold up an e-mail.

gkinct said:
Greg, care to clarify which game the upcoming video game busts are from? The Force Unleashed, Knights of the Old Republic, TOR?
Without confirming or denying anything, I'd say TOR's the safest bet right now.

lordquigon said:
1) Is there a Revenge of the Sith Anakin with his hood up and yellow eyes in the works?

2) Dose GG pay any heed to GGC "Most Wanted" lists? http://www.gentlegiantcollectors.com....php?themeid=1
1) Wow, nothing like specifics. :) Got a sculpt you want us to use, too? Seriously though, if I told you, I'd have to force-choke you.

2) We get suggestions and inspiration from all kinds of places, including Most Wanted lists.

dunk said:
True, we've seen Darth Vader sequels and prequels... but not the original. Look at the reaction eFX got when they announced their ANH Vader Helmet. It sold out seconds!

Thanks Rougue01, and Merry Christmas to the entire Gentle Giant team, keep up the great work in 2012.
Noted.

Thank you! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you as well.

jedi534 said:
Why do all GG releases nowadays come out in waves rather than spaced out every month or so like the old days?
We work with a greater number of different manufacturing partners now than we used to. This allows us some flexability when it comes to developing new products, which is nice. The problem is that they each have their own manufacturing timetables, and as a result we aren't able to maintain a regular release schedule like we would if we were only dealing with one or two places.

northilfan said:
1. What are the chances of seeing any more McQuarries pieces and for them to be sold outside of SDCC?
2. Are their going to be any more clones/commandos coming anytime soon?
1) We've gotten into a pretty nice rhythm, releasing a new McQuarrie bust at SDCC every year. I don't see us breaking tradition anytime soon... but you know the old saying, "never say never."

2) I know of at least one clone-inspired piece that will be seeing the light of day next year, though they're not a clone in the sense that I think you're asking about.

Reaction score
Yes.

2) What, me doing a daily Q&A not good enough "communication" for you? QUOTE]

Well it all depends, how long did the last Q&A? This one has only been going 5 days, lets see what happens in a month from now or even 4 to 6 months from now. Then will we here the same old thing, "We are getting busy"?

Are you working on the PGM for 2013? At least making a plan for what will be coming down then?

Reaction score
Yes.

2) What, me doing a daily Q&A not good enough "communication" for you? QUOTE]

Well it all depends, how long did the last Q&A? This one has only been going 5 days, lets see what happens in a month from now or even 4 to 6 months from now. Then will we here the same old thing, "We are getting busy"?

Are you working on the PGM for 2013? At least making a plan for what will be coming down then?
Well already my question was ignored, so the beginning of the end has already come. Thanks Greg!:sorrow::D

Last edited:
Reaction score
Couple more::friendly_wink:

1) What about a new kick **** Qui-Gon Jinn bust wielding a lightsaber? :eagerness:

2) How about a Revenge of the Sith General Grievous statue?:encouragement::eagerness:

Reaction score
Seriously Greg I have a question. When is your Sweet Pea 18" Statue coming? It says Dec 2011 on a few sites, is that really more like 1st Qrt of 2012? Will the rest of the girls be pushed, or are we going to get hit with 2 or 3 girls at a time? Who is making these girls. I'd love to see a credit of the sculptor. Please do tell. China is doing a killer job too. Who ever that vender is you need to stick with them.

Guys is th Greedo statue up to par with these SP statues? Anyone have both? I was really hoping to get a deal on that Greedo Statue, but no sale....

Reaction score
Guys is th Greedo statue up to par with these SP statues? Anyone have both? I was really hoping to get a deal on that Greedo Statue, but no sale....
Greedo and Snags are arguably the best statues GG have done IMO. I'm judging this from pictures of course but those are two statues I would like to pick up down the line.

Reaction score
.... Who is making these girls. I'd love to see a credit of the sculptor. Please do tell. China is doing a killer job too. Who ever that vender is you need to stick with them.
I agree with Turbowars. The sculpting is really great and you should stick
with this vendor. Do try to get a different shipping company, PLEASE!. Between
the lack of E-mail shipping notifications or delayed ones ( sometimes received
after the item has already been delivered ) and the "only one item per order"
nonsense your shipping department is leaving a lot to wish for. Any chance we
will see a positive change on this issue the sooner?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I agree with Turbowars. The sculpting is really great and you should stick
with this vendor.
x3 The Babydoll statue was amazing. Perfect sculpt. Perfect paint apps. especially the paint apps...so nice to see a product that wasnt glossy and actually looked decent. I think the paint apps is where alot of busts go wrong. They get the sculpt right on, but when it goes to paint the paint used is wrong (too glossy and thick) and distorts it. You dont notice it on the clones, but it stands out of a human likeness. Babydoll most definately did not have that problem. JMHO, I could be wrong.

Reaction score
vader2001 said:

1) Who knows how long this will go? Not me. I'm just taking it a day at a time. Instead of worrying about how long we're going to be in the car for, just sit back and enjoy the ride.

This whole thing's built on mutual respect. I'm respecting y'all by showing up and opening myself up to your questions, comments and criticism. In return, I hope that you'll respect me by sparing me the dramatics, sarcasm and condescention. I'm not going to waste my time or yours by trying to answer stuff like "Why haven't you surrendered the SW MB license to Sideshow already?" or "ZOMGWTFBBQ THIS PIECE SUxX0rz WTF WERE YOU THINKING N00B TRY AGAIN lulz!!!11!!!one1!!!" Stuff like that's going to get ignored. However, people with genuine questions will get genuine responses. If all I get is flak and bad attitude, then there won't be much for me to reply to. If I get a bunch of good questions, then y'all will reap the fruit of my knowledge.

I'm here because I care about the community, not because I have to be. I've got plenty of other stuff I need to do during the work day, but I'm carving out part of my morning every day to get on here and interact with y'all. I, for one, hope that this thread will grow and go for a long time. I've been managing similar threads on other forums for several months now and I've always checked and replied to them at least once a day when I'm in the office, so I know I'm up to the task, and the experience has been enjoyable for everyone. What y'all do with this opportunity is up to you.

2) Actually, yes we are already working on the 2013 PG Memberships.

specialopsunit said:
When will we hear about the PGM 2012 gifts and how many are there?
You'll be hearing something much sooner than later (in a way you may not expect) :)

lordquigon said:
1) What about a new kick **** Qui-Gon Jinn bust wielding a lightsaber?

2) How about a Revenge of the Sith General Grievous statue?
Excellent ideas. No comment. :)

turbowars said:
Seriously Greg I have a question. When is your Sweet Pea 18" Statue coming? It says Dec 2011 on a few sites, is that really more like 1st Qrt of 2012? Will the rest of the girls be pushed, or are we going to get hit with 2 or 3 girls at a time? Who is making these girls. I'd love to see a credit of the sculptor. Please do tell. China is doing a killer job too. Who ever that vender is you need to stick with them.
Barring a hold up at the port, she'll ship out to collectors mid/late-January 2012. The other pieces have been pushed back accordingly. Rocket should drop sometime Q2, Blondie & the Zombie Q3. Of course, the estimates on Rocket, Blondie and the Zombie are subject to change, but that's what they're looking like right now.

Gentle Giant Studios is making these girls, and we're glad you like them. RE: the vendor - funny, we've been thinking the exact same thing about them for a long while now.

lightsword said:
Between the lack of E-mail shipping notifications or delayed ones ( sometimes received after the item has already been delivered ) and the "only one item per order" nonsense your shipping department is leaving a lot to wish for. Any chance we will see a positive change on this issue the sooner?
See my reply above re: e-mail notifications.

As for the "one item per order" setup, it's very frustrating, and we are looking in to alternatives. However, like all things with business, we're pretty stuck with the system we've got now, so it may be a while before anything changes.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi Greg,

First a big thank you for starting this thread, it's like a big Xmas present for me to hear about what's in the works! I'm really thrilled that some of my favorites Star Wars characters are in the pipeline and the line is still moving forward full speed. I'm also very pleased with the latest releases, both quality-wise and .... schedule-wise (Darth Vader and Wicket released as announced, and Darth Nihilus ahead of time :sneakiness::sneakiness::sneakiness: ).

So congrat to Gentle Giant and to you for that.

Now to the questions:

1. I was thrilled also to see a few weeks ago that there will be a Harry Potter Deathly Hallows bust, as there were rumours that the line was stopped. Can you let us know if there will be any more busts from Harry Potter in the pipeline?

and a more personal question if I may....

2. I bought on eBay a Sucker Punch Babydoll minibust. I knew beforehand that there could be some problems with the little things hanging from the cross of her gun, so I opened the box very carefully. Unfortunately, they were broken :grumpy:. The box was still sealed so it was not the fault of the seller. He suggested to me to return the bust to him, he will return it to Gentle Giant and, if there isn't any replacement available, he will refund me. Now, this sounds like too much of a hassle for this little thing.

I would gladly just glue it back but here is the problem: it's broken into several pieces and some are missing in the box. This is weird as the box was sealed and I was very careful in opening it. It must have happened during initial packaging but that's not the problem. My question is: Is it possible for Gentle Giant to just send me a replacement for this tiny piece? I think I'm not the only person having this problem and think other people in the same situation will be happy to hear about this too.

Anyway, whether or not you can help in this small issue, I would like to retiterate the fact that I'm very thankful for you to start this thread and am very pleased with Gentle Giant lately. I wish you and all your colleagues a very happy holiday season.

Jim

Edited: One last question :sneakiness:. Any news concerning R2-D2 1/6 scale Statue? Thanks!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hey GandJim! Thank you for your questions. I'll get on here and reply to them tomorrow. I wanted to share something on this thread for y'all to enjoy first.

For those of you that haven’t heard, orders for the 2011 PGM Gifts (Darth Maul, Imperial Storm Commando, Black Suit Spider-Man) will be processed this Friday and begin shipping out next Tuesday.

Gentle Giant Studios will be closed for the week of December 26th-30th. We will be back in the office on January 2nd. Here's our projected release schedule for Q1 2012:

Arriving January 2012

ItemDescriptionLicense
80183Amber Deluxe Mini BustSucker Punch
80074Sweet Pea StatueSucker Punch
80036Neytiri Mini BustAvatar
80043Tsu Tey Mini BustAvatar
80065Nihilus PBM Exclusive Mini BustStar Wars

Arriving February 2012
ItemDescriptionLicense
80038Professor TrelawneyHarry Potter
80217Star Wars Gold Logo AFX Exclusive BookendStar Wars

Arriving March 2012
ItemDescriptionLicense
80056Aurra Sing Mini BustStar Wars
80191Thor Frog Mini BustMarvel
80095Darth Talon StatueStar Wars
80105C-3PO Kenner 12″ FigureStar Wars
80129R2-D2 Kenner 12″ FIgureStar Wars
80149Walrus Man PGB Exclusive StatueStar Wars
80168Lady Deadpool AFX Exclusive Mini BustMarvel
80145Leia Boushh EE Exclusive Animated MaquetteStar Wars

As always, if you have any questions, please feel free to contact Customer Service at customerservice@gentlegiantstudios.com or by calling (818) 504-3555 Mon-Fri from 9am-5pm PST and we’ll be happy to help you. Happy Holidays!

Reaction score
Where is the Pre Vizsla TCW maquette?

I knew there was a question I was missing to ask. I remember this guy was supposed to come out months ago.

Reaction score

I knew there was a question I was missing to ask. I remember this guy was supposed to come out months ago.
I asked Greg that over at GGC and he said it's coming but no timetable for it's release - just that it will be soon...

Reaction score
gandjim said:
Hi Greg,

1. I was thrilled also to see a few weeks ago that there will be a Harry Potter Deathly Hallows bust, as there were rumours that the line was stopped. Can you let us know if there will be any more busts from Harry Potter in the pipeline?

and a more personal question if I may....

2. My question is: Is it possible for Gentle Giant to just send me a replacement for this tiny piece?
Jim

Edited: One last question . Any news concerning R2-D2 1/6 scale Statue? Thanks!
1) I can neither confirm nor deny any future HP busts at this time.

2) Sorry to hear you received a busted piece. I'm pretty sure we have a replacement. Send an e-mail to customerservice@gentlegiantstudios.com with your mailing address and a picture of the damage. We'll see what we can do for you.

3) In the works. More will come when there's more to say.

specialopsunit said:
Both versions of Pre Vizsla are slated to be Q2 2012 releases.

lordquigon said:
Where's the Watto bust?
Q2 2012

sergiu said:
Any news about the AT-AT bookends please?
Nothing to announce yet.

Reaction score
Hiya Greg. I was wondering if GG has ever considered coming up to the Great White North. We have a HUGE Fan Expo in Toronto Ontario, Canada every year. We would love to have you guys come up and represent. Man you could do some exclusive version of a Snowtrooper or something. Thanks.
Merry Christmas and a Happy and prosperous New Year to you and everyone at Gentle Giant.

Reaction score
The SW mini bust releases are weak(in number) ...Hopefully Q2/Q/3 have more releases? How many reveals are there that haven't been offered up for pre-order? Still,nice to see product coming!

Reaction score
Greg, what is the status of the female stormtrooper statue?

Will the 12" R2 and 3po be vac metaled?

Reaction score
Any chance we see a Mara Jade re-visited in a MB? Or maybe as a maquette?
Are there any plans after Hammer Head for the Cantina Statue line this year?

Before I go want to say thanks to GG for making a huge effort and improvement in getting the PG gifts out sooner this year.

Reaction score
how about a TPM C3PO? didnt we see a development pic of that years ago?

Reaction score
AOTC, not TPM.
coulda swore years ago there was a pic on their studio site with at TPM 3po in development. Cant find it now...although there is an interesting pic there now I hadnt seen before

Reaction score
Hey guys! Just to let you all know, today's my last day in the office until Thursday, January 5th. I won't be on the boards and GG's social media accounts won't be updated until after I get back (so don't go worrying that I've already abandoned this thread, k vader2001?). Happy Holidays!

skullsplitter said:
Hiya Greg. I was wondering if GG has ever considered coming up to the Great White North. We have a HUGE Fan Expo in Toronto Ontario, Canada every year. We would love to have you guys come up and represent. Man you could do some exclusive version of a Snowtrooper or something. Thanks.

Merry Christmas and a Happy and prosperous New Year to you and everyone at Gentle Giant.
We've certainly thought about it. Unfortunately, our convention budget every year's pretty tight. We make a big splash at SDCC every year and SWC when they happen. It's incredibly expensive for us to have the kind of presence we do at a show, which means there's only so much we can do every year. Hopefully when the economy improves, we can consider going back to shows like NYCC or check out new ones like C2E2.

Thank you! Merry Christmas to you and your family as well, Skull.

benobi_70 said:
What ever DID happen to the other snowtrooper bust? The commander or whatever.
That piece must have been before my time, because I've never heard of it. I can ask, though. Got a pic?

spudmanski said:
What is the current status on the scaled helmets? I would very much like to see a TIE pilot.
Last I checked, VS had something in the works for this line. It's been a while, but it wouldn't surprise me if the idea is still on the board. She's got (no joke) over 300 different SKUs spread over all of our licenses in various stages of development right now, so her hands are a little full.

darthjeep said:
Hopefully Q2/Q/3 have more releases? How many reveals are there that haven't been offered up for pre-order? Still,nice to see product coming!
We've got a ton of stuff scheduled for Q2/Q3 next year. All kinds of different products across multiple licenses. Yes, there are a fair number of SW MBs on there right now.

I can't answer your question about how many MBs we have in the works that haven't been revealed yet.

turbowars said:
Greg, what is the status of the female stormtrooper statue?

Will the 12" R2 and 3po be vac metaled?
1) In the works. Looking like a Q3 2012 release.

2) Yes they are.

northilfan said:
Any chance we see a Mara Jade re-visited in a MB? Or maybe as a maquette?
Are there any plans after Hammer Head for the Cantina Statue line this year?

Before I go want to say thanks to GG for making a huge effort and improvement in getting the PG gifts out sooner this year.
1) re: Mara Jade - Not a bad idea. I'll bring it up.

2) "After" Hammerhead? That's presuming we're doing Hammerhead to begin with. Let's not put the cart before the horse, here.

3) Thank you. :)

kingbrat said:
how about a TPM C3PO? didnt we see a development pic of that years ago?
That's another idea from before my time. I can ask. Got a reference pic?

Last edited:
Reaction score
That piece must have been before my time, because I've never heard of it. I can ask, though. Got a pic?
I think the other snowtrooper was seen being sculpted in your studio but not 100% sure. Anyway, it's the one with the more rigid mask. From Wookieepedia: