GG Q&A Thread (back in business!)

Reaction score
Honestly think we have a better chance of getting a Darth Jar Jar bust then seeing any of those ewoks from those specials.

Agreed, there just aren't enough slots in the line to accommodate stuff that's that obscure. If we're going to get more Ewoks, I'd rather they focus on the rest of the OT Kenner line. Chief Chirpa, Romba, Paploo, Lumat...

Reaction score
So, what is the use of this thread here, when we have to go somewhere else to get answers? And when we get and answer it's a weak one like the one above about the Ewoks above, or one starting with "I'm sorry". I honestly miss Daniel and his youtube videos. Not trying to be problematic but rather honest with what I see.

Reaction score
No Ewoks planned at the MOMENT but they have been discussed.

I'll keep crossing my fingers... just like I can keep holding my breath for an R2 Bust or FS statue. R2 hasn't even been done and that is a cardinal sin. We need him desperately, and I'll beg, plead and grovel until I see our primary iconic heroes complete with the inclusion of R2.

Reaction score
Any guesses as to who this might be ? Coming on May the 4th ! I'm guessing a member of the Bad Batch maybe ?
aa6b84f0d1d308db5cee34c49d0c9104.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reaction score
It seems so. The shape of the butt of his blaster and this little detail on the top of his backpack point to Wrecker.

Bad-Batch-Wrecker-Black-Series-006.jpg

Reaction score
I have preorders on about a dozen mini-busts right now and we keep seeing new ones... I can’t wait until July when we get charged for like 8 all at once...

Reaction score
I don’t know much of anything about these guys, so as of now I’m out. That doesn’t mean I won’t change my mind later!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Here's a question... can we go back to the daytime pre-orders, or maybe something more in the early evening? I know some people have to work during the day, but the midnight / 11:00 PM CST pre-orders aren't great.

Reaction score
Here's a question... can we go back to the daytime pre-orders, or maybe something more in the early evening? I know some people have to work during the day, but the midnight / 11:00 PM CST pre-orders aren't great.

I know that time is difficult for many fans. We tried a few different times, and none seemed ideal for fans in every time zone. Diamond Comics uses midnight to allow their customers to put items up for pre-sale, customers like BBTS and EE , so we though the best idea was to have a universal pre-order day and time to be fair to everyone.

Reaction score
Why do the social media reps of the DST/GG brand block people who simply speak their mind and criticize the company on issues many fans have? People are afraid to speak because they see people being blocked for speaking on concerns both in quality and timeliness.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Reaction score
He's not the only one, just go thru the forum opened for this piece. I'm curious if low pre-orders on this piece will reflect how many of us feel.
They’ll just blame the low sales on customers not wanting PT items.
It’s clear that they don’t even see the problem with this bust which says a lot about the company unfortunately. The cookie cutter response of “We are sorry you don’t like our lame attempt“ is getting tiring.

Reaction score
Why do the social media reps of the DST/GG brand block people who simply speak their mind and criticize the company on issues many fans have? People are afraid to speak because they see people being blocked for speaking on concerns both in quality and timeliness.

I don’t want to see this company go down the toilet but they are completely in denial about any issues and they won’t even entertain feedback from long standing customers.

Reaction score
They’ll just blame the low sales on customers not wanting PT items.
It’s clear that they don’t even see the problem with this bust which says a lot about the company unfortunately. The cookie cutter response of “We are sorry you don’t like our lame attempt“ is getting tiring.
Which is crazy, since many of us have been waiting on this piece and the buzz has been good on the Nute Gunray and Geonosian Warrior that are up for the PGM gift. And the fact they're producing 2,000 pieces of this?!? If there aren't major changes, and by that I mean a total re-sculpt, these boxes are going to be taking up a ton of warehouse space for a long time.

Reaction score

We do not allow folks to use curse words during their interaction with staff - sorry. I think anyone that looks at the FB page will see plenty of criticism and you certainly have pages like this to express any thoughts you might have.

Reaction score
We do not allow folks to use curse words during their interaction with staff - sorry. I think anyone that looks at the FB page will see plenty of criticism and you certainly have pages like this to express any thoughts you might have.
You're right. Reading the Facebook posts today, there is ton of criticism.

Please keep in mind I never used curse words towards any staff, only used them to convey my disappointment in the situations that GG/DST have made for themselves. Never once did call any customer service representative names nor use derogatory language to describe them. That's not right. But I will use those words to describe situations and never a person. Please read my email.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi DSTChuckPadawan, I've collected the GG Star Wars mini bust line since the beginning and I still love the line. Seeing some recent sculpts though, particularly the Dooku prototype images, I have to ask, is GG still using 3D scans as the basis for your sculpts?

The 3D scan as the basis for a mini bust piece was the whole reason I started collecting the line because of the ability to have a very close to exact representation of the actual actor (or mask, etc) from the movies. With all due respect to artists and sculptors, in my opinion if you're looking for an accurate representation of a real world 3d object or character, there's no substitute for a 3d scan as your starting point. The artists can come in after the scan, clean it up, paint it properly and apply those finishing touches, but what sets your product apart from everyone else is that scan data.

This can't be from a Christopher Lee scan, can it? If you could elaborate a little on this subject I would very much appreciate it.

Reaction score
I know that time is difficult for many fans. We tried a few different times, and none seemed ideal for fans in every time zone. Diamond Comics uses midnight to allow their customers to put items up for pre-sale, customers like BBTS and EE , so we though the best idea was to have a universal pre-order day and time to be fair to everyone.

I appreciate the conundrum… It’s going to be rough for Europe either way, so if you’re prioritizing US time zones where I assume most of your sales come from, I’d think that 7:00 PST / 10:00 EST would be far better or everyone. Just throwing it out there.

I appreciate you popping in to answer questions… while you’re here, I’ll add my name to those hoping that the Dooku face sculpt can get revised before it’s released. It’s not great...

Last edited:
Reaction score
since there are so many preorders , can GG look into combined shipping when they all start arriving or some sort of layaway? i dont mind having my orders sit until there at 3-4 able to ship at once and save on shipping. the international rates per order adds up. just as an a example i pay $30USd+ per preorder. i just bought 5 busts on todays sale and shipping was $72usd huge difference in combined shipping. thats a whole bust i could save to spend in your pocket over UPS.

Reaction score
since there are so many preorders , can GG look into combined shipping when they all start arriving or some sort of layaway? i dont mind having my orders sit until there at 3-4 able to ship at once and save on shipping. the international rates per order adds up. just as an a example i pay $30USd+ per preorder. i just bought 5 busts on todays sale and shipping was $72usd huge difference in combined shipping. thats a whole bust i could save to spend in your pocket over UPS.
One of the big reasons I use BBTS is their pile of loot option.

Reaction score
I'm going to bump this in the hopes DSTChuckPadawan can provide a comment:

Hi DSTChuckPadawan, I've collected the GG Star Wars mini bust line since the beginning and I still love the line. Seeing some recent sculpts though, particularly the Dooku prototype images, I have to ask, is GG still using 3D scans as the basis for your sculpts?

The 3D scan as the basis for a mini bust piece was the whole reason I started collecting the line because of the ability to have a very close to exact representation of the actual actor (or mask, etc) from the movies. With all due respect to artists and sculptors, in my opinion if you're looking for an accurate representation of a real world 3d object or character, there's no substitute for a 3d scan as your starting point. The artists can come in after the scan, clean it up, paint it properly and apply those finishing touches, but what sets your product apart from everyone else is that scan data.

This can't be from a Christopher Lee scan, can it? If you could elaborate a little on this subject I would very much appreciate it.

Reaction score
@DSTChuckPadawan Hi, could we possibly get an answer regarding the Dooku mini bust please, Is the sculpt going to be revised before production or is it too late for that?
Thank you :)🤞

Sorry you do not like the bust, those are prototype pictures so the final product will differ, if you mean will there be a complete resculpt or something like that - there will not be.

We use a mix of scans, digital sculpts and traditional sculpts for all our products.