GG Q&A Thread (back in business!)

Reaction score
Looks like were also getting a 0-0-0 bust from the comics. You can see it in the video above.
21e83ae383613738cd1a6558f8362afc.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Thank you for your kind comment, Chris. Much appreciated. I still work with PS but I'm doing it all in my own Limelighting thread where I'm trying to record my collection. Unfortunately there isn't much to work with these days. I do come out of my "cave" every now and then when something new pops up.

Thank you as well for all the help you provided while being GG's voice here in forums.👍 Keep coming back!

Of course man, oh do you have a link to your work? Ive been doing a lot of my own toy development for other companies. I've even started my own little design studio. We do comics, resin toys, figures etc... I even have a Kickstarter going down for my new Kaiju Soft vinyl figure. I probably cant post it here but I'll send you a linked if you are interested.

Reaction score
Of course man, oh do you have a link to your work? Ive been doing a lot of my own toy development for other companies. I've even started my own little design studio. We do comics, resin toys, figures etc... I even have a Kickstarter going down for my new Kaiju Soft vinyl figure. I probably cant post it here but I'll send you a linked if you are interested.

Good for you, Chris. Glad to see you posting again and doing graphic work and moving forward. You can PM me anytime you like with any links. You can find some of what I've been working on here. There are a lot of different conversations going on there but you can see a good portion of what I've done there, if you care to go through all the pages :). I'm still not half way through working on pictures of my collection, as I work on them as time permits it. Good to see you around and again, feel free to write.👍

Reaction score
Good for you, Chris. Glad to see you posting again and doing graphic work and moving forward. You can PM me anytime you like with any links. You can find some of what I've been working on here. There are a lot of different conversations going on there but you can see a good portion of what I've done there, if you care to go through all the pages :). I'm still not half way through working on pictures of my collection, as I work on them as time permits it. Good to see you around and again, feel free to write.👍
Awesome job with the pics and details!
I think you might have done it by mistake, but on the first page, where you have the Sideshow concept statues, you have Fett appearing twice - 2nd time he is with the stormtrooper, instead of the alternate helmet stormtrooper.

Reaction score
Thanks for your kind comment. The picture you mentioned was actually intended to be that way. After detailing both character statues, I chose to place the Stormtrooper and Fett together within the same canvas as the first two statues released. As you scroll down, after presenting /detailing Vader, there is then another frame with Stormtrooper, Fett and Vader together, sort of like a gradual addition/family gathering portray of all three characters. Not sure if I'm explaining it right. :)

Reaction score
Hey GG, please continue the 12" Jumbo Star Wars figures! I just needed to say that before the 2020 "gifts" were revealed! Thanks!

Reaction score
Thanks for your kind comment. The picture you mentioned was actually intended to be that way. After detailing both character statues, I chose to place the Stormtrooper and Fett together within the same canvas as the first two statues released. As you scroll down, after presenting /detailing Vader, there is then another frame with Stormtrooper, Fett and Vader together, sort of like a gradual addition/family gathering portray of all three characters. Not sure if I'm explaining it right. :)
Gotcha.
The photos are excellent and very helpful. I love Mcquarrie , and didn't know Vader bust came with 3 heads, not 2. Also, will be looking to add Fett to my Vader and Stormtrooper.
Good job :)

Reaction score
Gotcha.
The photos are excellent and very helpful. I love Mcquarrie , and didn't know Vader bust came with 3 heads, not 2. Also, will be looking to add Fett to my Vader and Stormtrooper.
Good job :)

Thanks again. I'm glad you found them to be helpful. :) I'm with you 100% about McQuarrie. Fett is a great looking mini bust, and another one that was offered with two interchangeable heads; I'm sure you'll be pleased with it once you have it.

The SDCC exclusive mini busts based on his designs we've been getting since 2009 are one of the highlights of the year for me, and I know many others feel the same way, despite being sort of a niche collectible. Being able to visit the roots of Star Wars and therefore McQuarrie's conceptual designs in a palpable 3-D form thanks to these mini busts, is not only an appealing visual approach, but also historically informative. I'm wondering what the line will bring this year as the now traditional SDCC exclusive. While there are plenty of early designs McQuarrie gifted us with, many to choose from and turn into mini busts, I'm thinking of possibly any of these two as being the next one: Emperor Palpatine or Leia. But I also wouldn't be surprised if they've chosen another trooper, like the Rebel Trooper below. Whatever it turns out to be, I know it will be a welcome addition for those of us that enjoy collecting his designs. Hopefully GG/DST will let us know soon enough. :)

1592828544458.png

1592828575972.png

1592828630314.png

Reaction score
Thanks again. I'm glad you found them to be helpful. :) I'm with you 100% about McQuarrie. Fett is a great looking mini bust, and another one that was offered with two interchangeable heads; I'm sure you'll be pleased with it once you have it.

The SDCC exclusive mini busts based on his designs we've been getting since 2009 are one of the highlights of the year for me, and I know many others feel the same way, despite being sort of a niche collectible. Being able to visit the roots of Star Wars and therefore McQuarrie's conceptual designs in a palpable 3-D form thanks to these mini busts, is not only an appealing visual approach, but also historically informative. I'm wondering what the line will bring this year as the now traditional SDCC exclusive. While there are plenty of early designs McQuarrie gifted us with, many to choose from and turn into mini busts, I'm thinking of possibly any of these two as being the next one: Emperor Palpatine or Leia. But I also wouldn't be surprised if they've chosen another trooper, like the Rebel Trooper below. Whatever it turns out to be, I know it will be a welcome addition for those of us that enjoy collecting his designs. Hopefully GG/DST will let us know soon enough. :)

View attachment 355772

View attachment 355773

View attachment 355774
I'd gladly buy any one of those 3 choices...all of them actually. Even though we have several Emperor busts I would LOVE to see a McQuarrie version this year. That is one of my favorite pieces of art by Ralph for ROTJ

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Reaction score
1) someone know why the different ways to ship have changed in last 2months? i no longer have the option to have usps ground which was the cheapest and most economical due to the price/shipping margin. all my old preorders have this option so they must still use it. my ponda baba was shipped this way last week. so why not continue with this shipping method?

the bust are coming cheaper($99.99 over 120 now) which is great but adding $10-20 to shipping does not make the savings.

2) anyone know how to cancel or change preorders? i have a duplicate preorder with sabrine wren and need to cancel one and i ordered 2x the ashoko statue and want only 1. any help please

Reaction score
1) someone know why the different ways to ship have changed in last 2months? i no longer have the option to have usps ground which was the cheapest and most economical due to the price/shipping margin. all my old preorders have this option so they must still use it. my ponda baba was shipped this way last week. so why not continue with this shipping method?

the bust are coming cheaper($99.99 over 120 now) which is great but adding $10-20 to shipping does not make the savings.

The shipping outside of the US is a complete joke. I'm sure they just use a random number generator for the cost. My Ponda Baba was about $25, Squid head was $37, when I went to pre order the Sith Trooper is was $58. Just another reason I look to buy elsewhere these days.

Reaction score
The shipping outside of the US is a complete joke. I'm sure they just use a random number generator for the cost. My Ponda Baba was about $25, Squid head was $37, when I went to pre order the Sith Trooper is was $58. Just another reason I look to buy elsewhere these days.

can anyone at GG or diamond answer why they stop using the USPS for international? i have an item sitting with UPS right now and im getting emails from UPs about them being the broker for customs, which is the exact reason why i never want to use UPS. please go back to USPS shipping methods.

anyone in contact with them ?

Reaction score
Any chance that Qui Gon Jinn will be revisted in bust form? We could really use one with his lightsaber.

Reaction score

Totally random for sure. Cheapest shipping option to my country for Ahsoka 1/7 bust was $45 when she went up for pre-order some weeks ago. I finally ordered her today and shipping via USPS was only $23.

Any chance that Qui Gon Jinn will be revisted in bust form? We could really use one with his lightsaber.

I would buy another Qui-Gon mini bust if they make a new one. Preferably from his duel with Maul on Tatooine (poncho and lightsaber). However, if there are some busts that really need to be revised, I think those are the armless AOTC ones.

Reaction score
can we not use our reward points and a discount code (like PG coupons) on the same order?

Reaction score
Yep, I tried as I have 40 in reward dollars, and could use a discount to get 20% off, making something worthwhile to get, but now instead of all my reward points, I have a $40 code for that discount :(

Reaction score
Will there be a Holiday mini bust this year and keep alive the long standing tradition that was stopped last year, or has the Holiday mini bust been replaced by the Halloween mini bust? I always looked forward to it as a self-given Christmas present.

Last edited:
Reaction score
HOW does GG feel or collectors feel about making a 2nd edition of a bust? with ventress announced @ a 1500 edition size. thoughts on making a 2nd edition size of ashoka since hers was at 750. exact same bust just more made with a different edition? can even do older versions like veers, boba,

thoughts?

Reaction score
HOW does GG feel or collectors feel about making a 2nd edition of a bust? with ventress announced @ a 1500 edition size. thoughts on making a 2nd edition size of ashoka since hers was at 750. exact same bust just more made with a different edition? can even do older versions like veers, boba,

thoughts?

That's a negative Ghost rider. They're limited for a reason. If they make a different one of the same character, that's different.

Reaction score

thoughts?

Yeah, I’m not in favor and I doubt Gentle Giant would be either. If you just put out more of a limited item later, it hurts long term resell value, but more importantly it reduces sales at the initial release since people could and would just wait until later. It works for Hasbro, but it would break GG’s entire sales model and make their product less desirable to a big chunk of collectors.

Veers is the only one that should have been an exception to me, because they put out bad info that led to people ordering the wrong one. I was in that camp... they promised an armor-only version so I passed on the Deluxe only to have the rug pulled out later. And even then they wouldn’t do a second run. It ended up costing me $400 to get one later.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I don't know if this would be the correct thread, but have somebody see this answer from Gentle Giant done in Facebook? I'm happy with my Thrawn minibust, I don't know if they have plans to do a version from the anticipated Thrawn in Mandalorian

Attachments

• IMG_20201201_235400.jpg
    IMG_20201201_235400.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 20
Reaction score
I could see them releasing an animated Thrawn in 1/7 scale based on his Rebels look.

On a separate topic, didn't DST indicate that they were going to be bringing back the holiday bust this year?

Reaction score
I don't know if this would be the correct thread, but have somebody see this answer from Gentle Giant done in Facebook? I'm happy with my Thrawn minibust, I don't know if they have plans to do a version from the anticipated Thrawn in Mandalorian

Think that is the 1/7 Thrawn they teased earlier this year. Part of their animated Rebels line.

Reaction score
Asked a question last month to DST and it actually got answered.

Your Star Wars animated maquette lines were huge and loved by fans, a half decade or more back, especially your The Clone Wars (2008) line, any chance we might see a return to animated maquette products?

DSTChuck: It’s been discussed, so you never know!

Nice to know it has been discussed lol

Reaction score
I would buy another Qui-Gon mini bust if they make a new one. Preferably from his duel with Maul on Tatooine (poncho and lightsaber). However, if there are some busts that really need to be revised, I think those are the armless AOTC ones.

Qui-Gon's Tatooine look is my favorite and would be convinced to re up my PGM for the year it's offered. Haven't really been blown away by anything in recent years.