GG Q&A Thread (back in business!)

Reaction score
That's pretty tricky. Once the factory has everything done and Lucas approves the final product, our QC team goes to the factory and does as complete a QC review as possible. Then factory does any re-dos that are dictated. Then after final QC, they are loaded on a boat. That takes about 28 days, then customs and warehouse. All that can create many variables we can't control. Once they are on the boat , we can get pretty close to giving a tighter range..like Late Aug/ early Sept. I will try and make a point of giving those updates- as long as the data is relayed to me from the freight company. If you have not updated your shipping option of CC please do so to avoid delays on that end...
Sorry for all the detail instead of a quick simple answer but I think you are entitled to the details, if you are interested in them...
Much appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to be so explanatory. I don't mind the wait as much as I mind the product looking just like the prototypes/samples we saw. I just hope to have all three PG mini busts I ordered from last year before the end of this year. My shelves are asking : "what's going on here?" :) Thanks again.

Last edited:
Reaction score
My vouchers will get swallowed up by international shipping or customs anyway hence why I use GG direct as little as possible. Do away with the 2nd minibust option but give us two extra vouchers. Wow! I’m blown away. If you do need to get a membership, gold is the way to go.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah. I'm aware of New York taxes and other issues. I live in Florida now, but I come from Jersey and worked in The City for Kurt S. Adler for over four years. Sorry to hear Uncle Sam took more from your wallet.

Reaction score
Well... looks like it’s gonna be Gold for me this year too as I’m a pre-order kind of collector and I always struggle to use those “in stock” coupons, so they don’t hold a lot of value to me.

Reaction score
Our working plan is to offer the Sandtrooper on the 15th . 16th and 17th and start shipping the orders from the 15th on the 17th - Preview night.
Sorry we had to reduce the gift at platinum level to one bust. Two bust were just not economically feasible. We're working on a couple more enhancements, that we hope to roll out soon , as well as a steady steam of exclusive product and content. We're laying down the groundwork now for some products and ideas that we hope the fans will like. We are VERY sorry that fans had to lay out money for the 2018 and now 2019 membership before we were able to catch up and ship the prior gift before this had to roll out. They are moving along at a fair pace as is Ashoka bust!
I think I’ll wait to see what these other “enhancements” are before I make my decision. The two busts gift option always got me to join the Platinum tier. I don’t mind paying $150. to join that tier , but right now there’s no real incentive to do so. The ability to chose a 1/8th scale collectors gallery statue as my gift is not going to entice most collectors. Like most of us , I join for the exclusive busts. If two busts as a gift choice isn’t economically feasible , then they should just make a Low edition sized bust that’s only offered to the Platinum tier members. The exclusivity of the bust would get me , and most others , to join the Platinum tier every time. Or , maybe work a deal with Topps , and include free character autograph cards for the members of the Platinum tier. For example , if you’re in the Platinum tier and you buy a Tarkin bust ( or choose it as your gift ) , you get a free Guy Henry autograph card to display with it. Just an idea. Make it hard for me to not want to join the highest tier , just saying.
As for the Tarkin bust , I’m going to guess that the pose actually IS from Rogue One and that he’s standing with his hands behind his back. Just hope the likeness is up to par with the initial release.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reaction score
It says pre order so I dont think so. It wouldn't even let me use a $15. Coupon !

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Just a glitch I guess due to the high traffic ? I know a couple of others had the same problem.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reaction score
We appreciate your cryptic comments a lot. :)
It’s just a shame that GG always seem to be last to the party when other companies are releasing new characters, like the sith trooper this year.
That is special promotion Lucas was doing to generate excitement for the movie and drive product at retail. GG is considered a collector company so what we do is treated differently. I know it seems to stink but it kind of makes sense...hard to elaborate in short post.

Reaction score
That is special promotion Lucas was doing to generate excitement for the movie and drive product at retail. GG is considered a collector company so what we do is treated differently. I know it seems to stink but it kind of makes sense...hard to elaborate in short post.
Makes sense I think.
Thank you as always for being helpful wherever you can :)

Reaction score
Queen Amidala classics mini bust, which one is it? with arms, or no arms?

Hey guys,

So, I've been doing threads like this on Statue Marvels, Statue Forum and a few other places with some pretty good success. So, in the spirit of the holidays and in community-building, I'm opening a Q&A Thread on here. Post your questions (I know some of you have a LOT, so please do me a favor and limit your posts to 1-2 questions and one post a day each so I can answer everyone's questions in a timely fashion). I'll check the thread once a day and reply to the questions posted to the best of my ability. So... what do y'all want to know?

EDIT: Mods, requesting sticky status plz. KKTHXla~!

I really want to know,
Queen Amidala classics mini bust, which one is it? with arms, or no arms?

what are each of them known by in order to tell the difference?

Reaction score
When can we expect our PGM 2018 gifts ?
You probably missed it, but Chuck gave an answer to this earlier this month. I'll re-post it here for you ...

That's pretty tricky. Once the factory has everything done and Lucas approves the final product, our QC team goes to the factory and does as complete a QC review as possible. Then factory does any re-dos that are dictated. Then after final QC, they are loaded on a boat. That takes about 28 days, then customs and warehouse. All that can create many variables we can't control. Once they are on the boat , we can get pretty close to giving a tighter range..like Late Aug/ early Sept. I will try and make a point of giving those updates- as long as the data is relayed to me from the freight company. If you have not updated your shipping option of CC please do so to avoid delays on that end...
Sorry for all the detail instead of a quick simple answer but I think you are entitled to the details, if you are interested in them...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi Chuck, can you have a read of the Sandtrooper thread and give us your feedback, you have a lot of unhappy and concerned customers here at the moment.

Could you also please let us know if we should expect Ahsoka and all future mini busts to be shipped in the new cheap inferior packing which has damaged all the Sandtrooper busts?

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me anything about the two Millennium Falcon prototypes displayed at SDCC this year?

Reaction score
Hi Chuck, can you have a read of the Sandtrooper thread and give us your feedback, you have a lot of unhappy and concerned customers here at the moment.

Could you also please let us know if we should expect Ahsoka and all future mini busts to be shipped in the new cheap inferior packing which has damaged all the Sandtrooper busts?
Edited: Chuck has replied.

Last edited:
Reaction score

Sorry- I had not , its a little tricky for me to always check threads, especially on the weekends. Best thing to do is send emails to CS, rather than post on the tread. I read all CS emails as do the two folks we have here processing them. We're not able to resolve issues that are placed into a forum thread, for obvious reasons.
If you have a damaged item, please contact us and we will replace , like we have been doing with any Han or Chewbacca or Hera issues. I do not believe based on what I have seen, heard online, in email or in person at SDCC that all the Sandtroopers are damaged. I am sorry if yours is.
The package we use is not a die cut foam, its hand cut , but it survives all standard drop test just like the die cut. We use this for all or bust and have not seen it to have any more damages then the die cut. Sorry you had an issue with you Sandtrooper , I will check with the factory on any issues they may have on their side. The material used to make the bust and the process is exactly the same as GG Ltd used before. I am confident that CS will resolve any issues anyone has. As to why we use that type of styro...the cost savings at smaller runs is significant. Almost 10.00 on the SRP of an inline release - which you have seen was passed onto fans with a much lower SRP on bust going forward...99.99 instead of 120.00. Its on ongoing topic here and if fans really are adverse to the new styro , we can look at going back to a higher SRP. The bottom stamp is not a cost savings , it was in order to save time and get the items to fans a little sooner (or in Sandtroopers case, make the show) . The old stamps will return shortly and honestly if that is not OK, I will take the full blame. I made the call that how the bust looked on the bottom (an area almost no one would see on display) was not worth an additional two week delay.
As a side note - just a piece of advice. I know you are upset and if you did not receive the product in the condition you expected you have every right to be but... but maybe addressing a company in a more respectful, polite and less adversarial manner will be more productive in the future- but up to you.

Reaction score
My Ahsoka bust has pushed a hole through the front of the foam shell supposedly there to protect it ,these are far too expensive collectables to start scrimping on poor packaging ,this would not have happened with the previous material .

Cannoneer.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I mentioned it in the Sandtrooper thread, but I'll add it here too - the styrofoam for the Sandtrooper was really unimpressive stuff. Even if it passes the drop-test, it crumbles and isn't going to last as long as the statues. $20 savings is nice, but I do want the packaging to last and be able to protect the statues in the future.

Reaction score
As a side note - just a piece of advice. I know you are upset and if you did not receive the product in the condition you expected you have every right to be but... but maybe addressing a company in a more respectful, polite and less adversarial manner will be more productive in the future- but up to you.
Wow! Really? Now I’m being called out for not being respectful and polite? I asked for your opinion regarding the obvious issues and I believe I have my answer. I will decide my future purchases based on DSTs professionalism and quality of product and customer service or lack of.

Reaction score
A saving of $10 is great but after seing so many people get thier SDCC trooper with a bent gun or broken in places I think we would all agree that spending that $10 on the packaging is better than having it in our back pocket and a potentialy higher chance of a damaged or broken bust.

I personally will happily pay $10 extra for the piece of mind that the bust will have a higher chance to get to me in better condition.

These are collectibles and to important to risk getting damaged especially as for me they have to make it to the UK.

Reaction score
If you have a damaged item, please contact us and we will replace , like we have been doing with any Han or Chewbacca or Hera issues. I do not believe based on what I have seen, heard online, in email or in person at SDCC that all the Sandtroopers are damaged. I am sorry if yours is.
Hey Chuck, I'm one of the ones with a busted up McQuarrie Sandtrooper. I sent an email on Friday night (or maybe it was Saturday) when I opened it and found the problem.

In the past, the only way I've gotten help from GG Customer Service was by calling, but the phone number seems to be gone now. I don't think I've ever gotten a reply in the half a dozen or so times I've emailed over the years.

How long should I wait before being concerned? I know it was only Monday, but I didn't hear back today and am not sure that the email got to anyone since we don't get automated responses or support tickets when we contact you guys.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Sorry- I had not , its a little tricky for me to always check threads, especially on the weekends. Best thing to do is send emails to CS, rather than post on the tread. I read all CS emails as do the two folks we have here processing them. We're not able to resolve issues that are placed into a forum thread, for obvious reasons.
The package we use is not a die cut foam, its hand cut , but it survives all standard drop test just like the die cut. We use this for all or bust and have not seen it to have any more damages then the die cut. Sorry you had an issue with you Sandtrooper , I will check with the factory on any issues they may have on their side. The material used to make the bust and the process is exactly the same as GG Ltd used before. I am confident that CS will resolve any issues anyone has. As to why we use that type of styro...the cost savings at smaller runs is significant. Almost 10.00 on the SRP of an inline release - which you have seen was passed onto fans with a much lower SRP on bust going forward...99.99 instead of 120.00. Its on ongoing topic here and if fans really are adverse to the new styro , we can look at going back to a higher SRP. The bottom stamp is not a cost savings , it was in order to save time and get the items to fans a little sooner (or in Sandtroopers case, make the show) . The old stamps will return shortly and honestly if that is not OK, I will take the full blame. I made the call that how the bust looked on the bottom (an area almost no one would see on display) was not worth an additional two week delay.
Thank you for the explanation, Chuck. I understand the cost saving styrofoam deal. Personally I wouldn't mind having the clamshell back. It's been that way for so many years, it just feels right to keep things in a uniformed way. And the stamping under the base of the bust going back to normal is great. That said, I have a couple of questions:

- How come is the Ahsoka mini bust also having the same lettering under the bottom of the base as the Sandtrooper? She's been in the making for quite a while and I'm wondering if the PGM gifts from last year will be presented the same way.

- The paint job on my Sandtrooper, as it is the case with the samples some other customers received, is quiet sloppy. Please, look at my pictures in the Sandtrooper thread for reference when you get a chance. The bent rifle barrel which was also the same for most of us, was really not very becoming. Where these issues also part of rushing its release, and can we expect to be this one time the end of issues of this sort?

- Now, if I had the certainty a perfect sample would be sent to me, and that GG/DST would cover the shipping for my return, I would not mind exchanging the sample I received. But given the fact the person answering e-mails is the same person that lied to me and my wife last year making us paid for the return of a defective Luke Jedi mini bust, I think you can understand I don't feel to comfortable about it. What do you recommend I should do as a paying customer having received a product with a substandard paint job and a bent rifle barrel I had to fix myself?

Thank you.

Last edited:
Reaction score
To the wonderful GG representative:

Now that the Rancor Keeper has won a Twitter poll, is there a legitimate chance that it could move forward and be considered as a future production piece?

Sent from my TA-1052 using Tapatalk