GG Q&A Thread (back in business!)

Reaction score
Thanks Julian but I don't have a Twitter account.
You're welcome. I did not have one either, nor care to post in Twitter or any other social networking service. But I created an account yesterday just so I could vote. :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Here's Chuck's comment from 5/13. Haven't seen anything official since then, but if you read between the lines, I think there's a McQ bust coming.

We are not allowed to comment yet on the SDCC - I think Lucas wants to do maybe some sort of group thing...but we're aware the line has a following..

Last edited:
Reaction score
Crazy how SDCC is right around the corner.

Definitely don't expect much SW collectibles though, EFX and Anvos are garbage, GG is going through some new(and good) things (maybe some concept stuff) and Sideshow has been a joke the last few years.

Reaction score
Crazy how SDCC is right around the corner.

Definitely don't expect much SW collectibles though, EFX and Anvos are garbage, GG is going through some new(and good) things (maybe some concept stuff) and Sideshow has been a joke the last few years.
You can put GG in the same joke Category as well.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reaction score
You can put GG in the same joke Category as well.

That seems a touch unkind but of course you are entitled to your opinion. We consider working on the Star Wars license a huge honor and not unlike a public trust, and I assure you no one here views it as a joke.

Reaction score
That seems a touch unkind but of course you are entitled to your opinion. We consider working on the Star Wars license a huge honor and not unlike a public trust, and I assure you no one here views it as a joke.
Don't mind Turbo, he's our resident grouch. :grin:

GG has had their recent struggles though, a few years before DST purchased GG, it was not good lol

Reaction score
Yes , what Chuck said. We’ve gotta give em a chance to see what they come up with. They’ve already shown more of a presence on social media than the last guys ever did. And DST is still trying to clean up their mess as well as develop their own new products. I for one can’t wait to see what they come up with !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reaction score
You act like you have no idea how GG has conducted themselves through the years. That is what I call unkind. Infact you still are not treating your customers well. Where are the gifts we paid for? We got ZERO benefits from being a member. GG had a long list of perks. Long list of lies. Same old GG.

Reaction score
You act like you have no idea how GG has conducted themselves through the years. That is what I call unkind. Infact you still are not treating your customers well. Where are the gifts we paid for? We got ZERO benefits from being a member. GG had a long list of perks. Long list of lies. Same old GG.

Apologies if you are not happy...what benefits are you not getting? When you say zero...Did you not get your discount coupon, did you not get early access to exclusives, etc...? If there is something we can help you with please LMK. As for the gift we have already come out and been upfront with the reason for the delay and posted the new estimate ship dates as well as extended your memberships to help.
We're not ignoring what GG did, we just had no control over it, and have nothing do do with it, aside from trying to make it right for as many of the fans as we can. Again sorry if your not happy with how things are going, you should not do anything you don't have to do if it does not make you happy.

Reaction score
I'm pretty happy with the transparency we've seen from DST so far, and I think they are trying to make it right. Hearing about the behind-the-scenes shenanigans GG pulled at the end is pretty infuriating. I'm looking forward to some quality busts whenever they eventually arrive, and hope there's good stuff going forward.

While I have you, Chuck, is the Classics Bust line done?

Reaction score
I don’t think it’s fair to blame DST for any of GG’s previous shortcomings, no matter how frustrated you may be over it. I’ve seen nothing to indicate DST isn’t doing everything within their power to right this ship and build confidence with the existing customer base. If you don’t have the patience required for them to get things on track it might be time to move on. For those of us with a more glass half full outlook there’s plenty of reasons to be optimistic in regards to their acquisition of this company and it’s assets.

Reaction score
The only fair is the county fair Hellboy.

It's going to take a lot of OT mini busts for me to become a big fan of GG again. If the McQuarrie line is dropped there really isnt much of a reason to buy anything. I'm pretty sure the last bust I bought was last years SDCC yoda. GG has pissed a lot of people off through the years and I stuck with it. Screw this half full glass BS. I'll let the new GG show me how great they are. I just hope they aren't in denial of what a lack luster Company they bought.

No I didnt get a discount and no I didnt get any exclusive items early (well maybe sdcc yoda) because theres nothing to buy.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm willing to give DST a chance to improve things but it's very easy to blame everything on GG at the moment. If everything is still GGs fault next year it might not be so believable.

I missed the update on last year's gifts being delayed even further, will our current membership run until we finally receive them? What's the plan for the next membership?

Reaction score
Didn’t we used to get the choice of 2 minibusts - 1 statue or 1 jumbo for our platinum membership? The graph on the website only implies we get to choose one minibust (same offer literally as the gold membership)

Reaction score
Yeah , was just noticing the same thing. Surely it’s two busts for Platinum as before.

Reaction score
Didn't Hasbro have a 3 3/4" figure of a Clone Trooper in a poncho several years ago? I think it was a Phase I clone? I think it must have drawn on TCW cartoon, or maybe the microseries?

The Tarkin bust is a strange choice, particularly given how great the first one is. That 2nd slot would have been the perfect spot to put Dr. Evazan.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just found this thru their link. Hell nah ! 1 mini bust for $150 Platinum members ! **** that !

Reaction score
I re-upped as going away on holiday and wanted to renew before I was abroad. Only just noticed the 1 minibust. If that’s the deal, i’m Going to contact GG and try to downgrade to the gold membership as that’s a better deal. It’s pretty sneaky literally doing us out of a minibust.

Reaction score
Just found this thru their link. Hell nah ! 1 mini bust for $150 Platinum members ! **** that !

I thought the same thing. Two busts previously for our $150 plus massive import duties and taxes and shipping to the UK. Now only one bust plus the rip off extra charges?? No chance of me being tempted to rejoin unfortunately.
Cheaper for me to go on eBay and get the busts I need from a scalper.

Reaction score
If they don’t fix this like it used to be ( Platinum has the following gift options : 2 free mini busts , one bust and one jumbo fig , or one statue ) then the Platinum membership isn’t even worth getting. Gold would be the way to go if you even decide to re-up at all. The coupons added don’t make up the difference because you can still order non exclusives somewhere else and pay less for the busts AND for the shipping.

Reaction score
Exactly guys. We need to contact them and see if they’re willing to fix this. Because as it is , it’s not worth it to buy Platinum.

Reaction score
I just emailed DST. I'll let you know if they respond. I suggest everyone else that thinks we should still get 2 minibusts for the platinum tier should do the same.

Reaction score
I read the membership details, and figured there would be this kind of reaction. I will be renewing anyway because of the exclusives I want to get mainly, but I can understand the issue with one less gift while still paying the same for the PGM. That said, I really don't know how GG did it last year. Maybe they couldn't and that's also part of how DST entered the picture.

Reaction score
I read the membership details, and figured there would be this kind of reaction. I will be renewing anyway because of the exclusives I want to get mainly, but I can understand the issue with one less gift while still paying the same for the PGM. That said, I really don't know how GG did it last year. Maybe they couldn't and that's also part of how DST entered the picture.

So can we order the McQuarrie Sandtrooper if we buy the membership?

Reaction score
So can we order the McQuarrie Sandtrooper if we buy the membership?

Yes. This mini bust is another reason why I'll be renewing. If you renew then you can get the beloved McQuarrie offering. I just don't know when the mini bust will go up for preorder.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I just renewed my membership. Happy to see there was no tax to pay on it as it used to be the case with 3D Systems' takeover. I know we are getting less for our buck now as far as the free gifts, but I also know I still want the exclusives, and I rather buy them directly from GG than the secondary market where I'll end up paying more overall. As for the McQuarrie mini bust, there is no "preorder now" button to click on it yet. I'm assuming we will be let know with plenty of time when it becomes available, so we don't miss on the preorder opportunity.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Our working plan is to offer the Sandtrooper on the 15th . 16th and 17th and start shipping the orders from the 15th on the 17th - Preview night.
Sorry we had to reduce the gift at platinum level to one bust. Two bust were just not economically feasible. We're working on a couple more enhancements, that we hope to roll out soon , as well as a steady steam of exclusive product and content. We're laying down the groundwork now for some products and ideas that we hope the fans will like. We are VERY sorry that fans had to lay out money for the 2018 and now 2019 membership before we were able to catch up and ship the prior gift before this had to roll out. They are moving along at a fair pace as is Ashoka bust!

Reaction score
I just renewed my membership. Happy to see there was no tax to pay on it as it used to be the case with 3D Systems' takeover. I know we are getting less for our buck now as far as the free gifts, but I also know I still want the exclusives, and I rather buy them directly from GG than the secondary market where I'll end up paying more overall. As for the McQuarrie mini bust, there is no "preorder now" button to click on it yet. I'm assuming we will be let know with plenty of time when it becomes available, so we don't miss on the preorder opportunity.
I'm out. Just as I expected it's a joke.

Reaction score
Our working plan is to offer the Sandtrooper on the 15th . 16th and 17th and start shipping the orders from the 15th on the 17th - Preview night.
Thanks for the update on this, Chuck. Will there be a specific time those days to start up the "keypad wars" trying to preorder one.?

Reaction score
Thanks for the update on this, Chuck. Will there be a specific time those days to start up the "keypad wars" trying to preorder one.?
We expect it won't be like getting concert tickets for a hot band , there should be enough held for the club based on past sales to get through each day. I don't know time yet - I know web / marketing team is working on it- and I am pretty sure I already said more then I was supposed to for today...

Reaction score
.. We are VERY sorry that fans had to lay out money for the 2018 and now 2019 membership before we were able to catch up and ship the prior gift before this had to roll out. They are moving along at a fair pace as is Ashoka bust!
Chuck, do you have an approximate time when the PG gifts from last year will be arriving? I know it shows to be 3rd quarter of this year, but should we expect them to arrive early during that quarter, or towards the end, say September? Thanks

( Nevermind the question. I now see you wrote you had said enough for today :) )

Last edited:
Reaction score
We expect it won't be like getting concert tickets for a hot band , there should be enough held for the club based on past sales to get through each day. I don't know time yet - I know web / marketing team is working on it- and I am pretty sure I already said more then I was supposed to for today...
Haha! I've been there. Those backstage tickets for Motley Crue weren't easy some time ago. :) But, I certainly hope all of us that are not able to get to the convention can order them online. Some previous experiences showed us allotments for each day could go fast. A couple of years ago I couldn't get to the McQuarrie Han Solo online, thus I was lucky to make it to Celebration that year, entered the daily raffle and luckily won a ticket to purchase it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Chuck, do you have an approximate time when the PG gifts from last year will be arriving? I know it shows to be 3rd quarter of this year, but should we expect them to arrive early during that quarter, or towards the end, say September? Thanks

That's pretty tricky. Once the factory has everything done and Lucas approves the final product, our QC team goes to the factory and does as complete a QC review as possible. Then factory does any re-dos that are dictated. Then after final QC, they are loaded on a boat. That takes about 28 days, then customs and warehouse. All that can create many variables we can't control. Once they are on the boat , we can get pretty close to giving a tighter range..like Late Aug/ early Sept. I will try and make a point of giving those updates- as long as the data is relayed to me from the freight company. If you have not updated your shipping option of CC please do so to avoid delays on that end...
Sorry for all the detail instead of a quick simple answer but I think you are entitled to the details, if you are interested in them...