GG Q&A Thread (back in business!)

Reaction score
I received a damaged Hera Syndulla bust and I’ve contacted Diamond via e-mail multiple times since last Monday and have not received any response.

I want a replacement and don’t know what to do. Any suggestions?
Richard Martinez is who helped me get my replacement. He was very professional and extremely helpful. Email him a description of the issue , your order # , and include a picture of the damage.

ggltd_rmartinez@yahoo.com

Good Luck , hope this helps you get it taken care of.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Personally, I would not recommend Richard Martinez to anyone. He is the one that lied to me and my wife when I sent back the defective Luke Jedi mini bust last year that I received from them with a bent lightsaber. We sent him pictures and he told us to mail it back, but he said shipping was on us, and thus making us pay for the return of the defective item, and going against their own returns policy. I still have the emails and recorded conversation to prove it. Then it took 13 days to issue a refund although Richard told my wife he received the item three days after we sent it to him, and that he had the bust sitting on his desk. After speaking to Jewell she promised a credit of $20.00 for the shipping, but it was never issued. That led to us calling back asking for her, and every time we called back, we were redirected to Richard who in turn said Jewell was not available, and that he knew nothing about any credit. Case in point, they never credited me for the shipping. Way to treat a customer that's been with them for fifteen years. So, from personal experience, Richard is not someone I will consider to be a professional. So there you have the other side to the coin. Those that know me also know well why this was done to me, but I won't go into details, unless I'm pushed to do it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The ones you bought are called "Bust-ups", and there were many of them available for four years. Below is a complete listing of all the ones you need if you are looking for a full collection. As far as finding them, some are more difficult to locate than others, but in all, they are not expensive. "Mini busts" refers to larger scale busts, (anywhere between 5" to 8" tall depending on the character being tackled) they're made of Polystone and do not require assembly for the most part. You can see a complete listing of the "Bust-Ups", "Mini-Busts" and other busts styles by scrawling down to the bottom of this post, where I've been keeping track of all them for years. Have fun collecting them. :)

BUST-UPS 2004

- Blackhole Stormtrooper Bust-Ups
- C-3PO Bust-Ups
- Chewbacca Bust-Ups
- Clone Trooper Lieutenant Bust-Ups
- Count Dooku Bust-Ups
- Darth Maul Bust-Ups
- Darth Sidious Bust-Ups
- Darth Vader Bust-Ups
- Han Solo Bust-Ups
- Holographic Sith Lords Bust-Ups
- Luke Skywalker Bust-Ups
- Princess Leia Bust-Ups
- Royal Guard Bust-Ups
- Spirit of the Rebellion Bust-Ups
- Spirit of Yoda Bust-Ups
- Stormtrooper Bust-Ups
- Yoda Bust-Ups

BUST-UPS 2005

- 4-LOM Bust-Ups
- Anakin Skywalker Bust-Ups
- AT-AT Driver Bust-Ups
- Attack of the Clones Clone Troopers Bust-Ups
- Boba Fett Bust-Ups
- Boba Fett Bust-Ups
- Bossk Bust-Ups
- Chewbacca Bust-Ups
- Clone Trooper Bust-Ups
- Darh Sidious Holographic Bust-Ups
- Darth Vader Bust-Ups
- Dengar Bust-Ups
- Emperor Palpatine Bust-Ups
- General Grievous Bust-Ups
- Han Solo Hoth Bust-Ups
- Jango Fett Bust-Ups
- Jango Fett Silver Bust-Ups
- Luke Skywalker Hoth Bust-Ups
- Obi-Wan Kenobi Bust-Ups
- Royal Guard Bust-Ups
- Snowtrooper Bust-Ups
- Wampa Bust-Ups
- Yoda Bust-Ups
- Yoda Bust-Ups
- Zuckuss Bust-Ups

BUST-UPS 2006

- Anakin Skywalker Bust-Ups
- ARC Trooper Bust-Ups
- ARC Trooper Captain Bust-Ups
- Bith Bust-Ups
- Boba Fett 100th Gold Bust-Ups
- Boba Fett 100th Silver Bust-Ups
- Clone Trooper Bust-Ups
- Clone Trooper Army Builder Set Bust-Ups
- Clone Trooper Army Builder Set (Battle Damaged) Bust-Ups
- Darth Vader Bust-Ups
- General Grievous Bust-Ups
- Greedo Bust-Ups
- Han Solo Bust-Ups
- Mos Eisley Cantina Band Bust-Ups
- Padmé Amidala Bust-Ups
- Ponda Baba Bust-Ups
- Snaggletooth Bust-Ups
- Yoda Bust-Ups

BUST-UPS 2007

- Luke Skywalker & Han Solo in Stormtrooper disguise Bust-Ups
- Stormtrooper Army Builder Set Bust-Ups
Thanks for the info, and you are absolutely correct.
When I posted the other day I wasn't home and was going from memory, I saw "mini bust" and thought that's what I had at home.
Anyway, thanks for all the detailed info.
Gonna look into getting some more bust ups, they're actually pretty cool considering the size.

Reaction score
You are welcome. Glad to be of help to a fellow collector, as always. It's easy to be confused by the "mini bust" name if you haven't really been into collecting these. The bust-ups are in fact "mini" busts you put together, thus it seems the name better fits that design than the 1/6 scale busts, which are much larger. In any case, some of the bust- ups actually have better poses than their bigger brothers, the mini busts. Take for instance the Yavin Ceremony Han Solo with medal. There are also a few characters from the Bust-Ups line that have never been released for the mini bust line, such as a full set of Mos Eisley Cantina musicians, Snaggletooth and Walrusman/Ponda Baba. See pictures below for all of these. By the way, l have the Han with medal bust up. I don't collect them, so if you want that one, PM me with your address and its yours just for the price of shipping.

- Yavin Ceremony Han Solo

- Mos Eisley Cantina Band set

- Snaggletooth

- Walrusman/Ponda Baba

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hey Chuck,

when is the 2019 PGM set to launch? Will those of us that had it set to auto-renew need to do anything given the DST change?

Reaction score
This forum is as dead as a door nail. Is there anything you can throw at us Chuck to keep any sort of discussion/conversation going? Suddenly I've been finding myself posting in the Retro Vintage figure thread.:'(

Reaction score
This forum is as dead as a door nail. Is there anything you can throw at us Chuck to keep any sort of discussion/conversation going? Suddenly I've been finding myself posting in the Retro Vintage figure thread.:'(
It really is. Would definitely be nice to see a bit of life injected into it with some announcements.

Reaction score
Hmm... well you have to understand , we've only been steering this car for just three months. I can say, we have lots of concepts in with Lucas, and lots of stuff planned we hope you will like... We had a three hour meeting with them over in SF not too long ago. We're working hard to get folks to adjust their pre-orders over to UPS from FedEx and to our CC processes as well as PG members who have not picked out their gift to pick one.. The Han and Chewy bust from Solo will be out on 5/22. Also we added a blog post giving ship date updates on everything that is in the works. We have a high level meeting Tuesday to start to solidify plans for the PG for next year (including as much of your feedback as I can). We're also adding the L3D line to the GG website Monday, to get ready for the future SW releases. I know it seems quiet but you are going to have to trust that we have been very busy!

Reaction score
Nice! Thanks for the update. Good to know things are progressing nicely. Sounds like we’ll have some stuff to look forward to.

Reaction score
Thank you, Chuck. I appreciate you giving us an update on everything you folks are doing at your end. I don't mind the wait; we've all waited for things before and it wasn't due to a new ownership, just delays and lack of updates. Having you posting and injecting a bit of what lies ahead is always a plus, and it makes the wait not seem so long. Very much looking forward to what the new PG will bring for next year as far as the exclusives, and more specifically the mini busts. Personally I'm hoping there's enough meat on that bone to grab on to it one more year :) Also, I'm very much looking forward to what SDCC will have for us in July as far as exclusives, and hoping you have some previews of upcoming product for us there as far as mini busts and 1/6 scale statues. By the way, thank you for asking folks at Celebration what Cantina characters they wanted to see made next. From the list you guys had, I can't think of just one character specifically, but actually all of them, as they're all great. If it happens to be Ponda Baba AKA Walrus man what gets produced first, please don't forget that every Walrus needs a doctor, and Dr.Evazan should be made as well.B)

As per your update above, I'm glad SOLO collectors will be getting their Han and Solo mini busts just a couple of weeks from now. It's always exciting getting new product delivered, so congrats to them. Thank you for taking into account our feedback. It gives the feeling we are being heard, not just as collectors, but also as consumers of your product. Good to know the L3D Line will soon be added to the site. I'm personally looking forward to a couple of these large scale busts. Please, just make an emphasis on the likeness of the characters at this scale. A good number of discussions in the forums are based on likeness or the lack of it for some characters, thus I'm sure if these reflect well the appearance of the actors, they could be great sellers. Thanks again for stopping by and writing to us.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hmm... well you have to understand , we've only been steering this car for just three months. I can say, we have lots of concepts in with Lucas, and lots of stuff planned we hope you will like... We had a three hour meeting with them over in SF not too long ago. We're working hard to get folks to adjust their pre-orders over to UPS from FedEx and to our CC processes as well as PG members who have not picked out their gift to pick one.. The Han and Chewy bust from Solo will be out on 5/22. Also we added a blog post giving ship date updates on everything that is in the works. We have a high level meeting Tuesday to start to solidify plans for the PG for next year (including as much of your feedback as I can). We're also adding the L3D line to the GG website Monday, to get ready for the future SW releases. I know it seems quiet but you are going to have to trust that we have been very busy!
Thanks for the update!

A update once in a while like this is all we need. Much better than most of the other companies are doing like EFX, Sideshow, Anvos etc.

Reaction score
The best dates we can give right now are on the blog, as I mentioned. When we can narrow it in more we will update the blog.

Reaction score
The best dates we can give right now are on the blog, as I mentioned. When we can narrow it in more we will update the blog.
Thanks, I missed that. I don't check the blog (wasn't aware it existed until this moment).

Q3 is disappointingly far away, but at least it's something.

Reaction score
We are sorry but the PG items were not in production when we acquired the club. We have asked the factories to make them a top priority and all packaging has been approved by Lucas.

Reaction score
We are sorry but the PG items were not in production when we acquired the club. We have asked the factories to make them a top priority and all packaging has been approved by Lucas.
Let's hope you make something of GG. They did a great job destroying themselves.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Let me get this straight. These are the 2018 ( two thousand and eighteen) PG gifts, and when you folks acquired the club in February of 2019, two months into the year and nine months after the gifts were announced, they still hadn't gone into production? Most of us paid $150.00 for a membership claiming certain benefits for the year, the gifts being the main reason, and still the year after none of those gifts had gone into production? So third quarter now for the gifts. That means delivering the goods could be as late as September. Wow!

Just like Turbo mentioned, here's hoping DST does put an effort and consideration towards the customers and repairs all the "fallen buildings" left behind at many levels. Help us DST. You are our only hope.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm just wondering if when SDCC comes around in July the membership from last year will still be good to order whatever exclusives there'll be, if any. Personally I don't think it would be fair to buy a new membership in order to buy SDCC exclusives, when chances are the gifts from the previous year's membership still would have not been delivered.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I am shocked about this as well, I have a huge hole in the middle of my top shelf waiting for Amanaman and the Spacetrooper. Looks like it won't get filled until Halloween at this point :$.

Reaction score
Let me get this straight. These are the 2018 ( two thousand and eighteen) PG gifts, and when you folks acquired the club in February of 2019, two moths into the year and nine months after the gifts were announced, they still hadn't gone into production?
Just like Turbo mentioned, here's hoping DST does put an effort and consideration towards the customers and repairs all the "fallen buildings" left behind at many levels. Help us DST. You are our only hope.
That's ****ing staggering, that is. If I had known GG was such a *****how I would not have ponied up any money for them. I'm glad to hear DST's honesty and hoping things move forward well. Thank you for the information.

Reaction score
That's ****ing staggering, that is. If I had known GG was such a *****how I would not have ponied up any money for them. I'm glad to hear DST's honesty and hoping things move forward well. Thank you for the information.
I agree. I prefer someone to come forward and say "Sorry, we messed up" than to offer nothing but silence and/or excuses while things are just stagnant there. I appreciate the fact DST brought it out. Honesty is a quality that always deserves a lot of credit, one that helps build trust, even more in a business-customer relationship.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Can I just say thank you for your honesty. I really appreciate you telling us the truth and not just saying there was a delay or another line. it's nice to have people actually communicating with us, your already doing a better job than the previous owners. Keep up the good work

Reaction score
We are not allowed to comment yet on the SDCC - I think Lucas wants to do maybe some sort of group thing...but we're aware the line has a following..

Reaction score
Nowhere does it mention the “2nd” shipment of the maul with spider legs.
any ideas when that will ship?

had it ordered since celebration and haven’t seen it.

Reaction score
I know not Star Wars related but is there ever a chance (under DST) that GG might be able to sell those Marvel Skottie Young statues to those outside the US? I live in the UK and they are hard to come by & expensive if found. I'd love to start collecting those.

Reaction score
Where we sell both wholesale and retail is very much dependent on the territory the licensor grants us...and yes I think a question like this is better for the ASKDST column on our website.

Reaction score
Got a decline e-mail and then a pending preorder e-mail for the same order. Had to reenter my CC info. Hadn't realized the cc info was gone!

Reaction score
Any way for PG members to vote for the next cantina mini bust?
Ben, I posted about this in another thread but I will re-post it here so you don't miss on it. I'm pretty sure you like Duros so here's your chance :) ...

We can now vote using GG's Twitter page in a poll for the next Cantina character to be made. I've just placed my vote for Walrusman AKA Ponda Baba, hoping a Dr. Evazan gets made after him. And here are their places so far ...

38% Ponda Baba
15% Labria
36% Blue Snaggletooth
11% Ohwun De Maal

Last edited: