GG new helmet line

Reaction score
Jay_the_Lesser said:
I bet GG will get around to releasing the Jango scaled helmet -and that'll be the end of it.
For me I'd be OK with that. I would like to have a same scale Jango helmet to go with my MR Boba Helmet.

Reaction score
I would much rather see more of this line than the 12" vintage line that's getting started. But like was stated above, after Jango we'll probably not hear from this line again.

Reaction score
BenObi_70 said:
It's probably a good thing they never started up 1/6th scale helmets...didn't Tomy do those and weren't they really cheesy?

A half scale line has so much potential and GG isn't doing anything with it. I asked VS about this in her question thread and got no response.

Jango is available for preorder but who knows when that will come out.

https://www.gentlegiantltd.com/catalog/product/detail/583
Too bad that stand makes no sense with Jango. Imperial symbol with a sort of Death Star inspired stand? Whaattt?

Reaction score
Just picked up the Pink Vader helmet as only going for just over £20 and have to say I am pretty disappointed.

Its no where near the quality of the scaled MR helmets as its looks like a cheap plastic shell with nothing inside it, just a blanking plate on the bottom and hole to stick the stand through. At least the MR one's looked and felt quality and had the details inside and visors. Even at such a cheap price I feel a little cheated. No way do I want GG to do anymore.

Stick to what you are good at instead of these cheap MR imitations.

Reaction score
sucho23 said:
What a horrible way to kill a product line that had so much potential.
Absolutely. Looks like I'm never going to get a Biggs scaled helmet to go with my Wedge and Luke minis. *sigh*

Reaction score
DarthWenger said:
Just picked up the Pink Vader helmet as only going for just over £20 and have to say I am pretty disappointed.

Its no where near the quality of the scaled MR helmets as its looks like a cheap plastic shell with nothing inside it, just a blanking plate on the bottom and hole to stick the stand through. At least the MR one's looked and felt quality and had the details inside and visors. Even at such a cheap price I feel a little cheated. No way do I want GG to do anymore.

I have the MR Stormtrooper, MR Shadow Stormie and Riddell Vader and they are awesome. I didn't know the new ones made by GG are just empty plastic shells...

Reaction score
Sergiu said:
DarthWenger said:

I have the MR Stormtrooper, MR Shadow Stormie and Riddell Vader and they are awesome. I didn't know the new ones made by GG are just empty plastic shells...
WHAAATT??!! I have the Jango helmet on pre-order. If this is true that it's just an empty shell I'll have to cancel. PDQ!!! I hope that is just a rumor. What a disappointment that would be. Has anyone posted the question in the ask VS thread? To see whether these will be detailed inside as well.

Reaction score
I think I remember reading the these would have the details inside the helmet like the MR versions. I looked around a little but I can't find where I read that.

Reaction score
drmdns said:
No more interest in this line.
I have most of the MR releases and will just finish up with these.
Yes, a banner job by GG on taking care of this line. Even 1 or 2 a year could have been nice. Guess they are too busy catching up on their backlog of mini-busts, statues, and dios? No? Maybe they have been too busy revamping their web site? Working on more consistent customer service? Making mini busts of idiotic TV "personalities"? BAH! This helmet line was dead the minute GG was the owner of it. They should have just let it die instead of 2 Vader helmets, and a Jango that someday may be actually released......

Reaction score
I asked about the hollow helmets and VS said that yes in fact the interior of the helmets will be detailed. I think GG knows the line would have died before it even got going if the helmets had no interior detailing.

Reaction score
Skullsplitter said:
I asked about the hollow helmets and VS said that yes in fact the interior of the helmets will be detailed. I think GG knows the line would have died before it even got going if the helmets had no interior detailing.
Either way I think you can stick a fork in it.

Reaction score
sucho23 said:
Skullsplitter said:
Maybe. I'm just interested in the Jango for now anyway. Now if GG were smart the would do helmets NOT done buy MR or Riddell. I'm sure there would be pretty good interest in say the clone commanders or commandos. I'm not a huge PT fan but there are some really cool helmet designs there. I would love a scaled ARF Trooper helmet.

Reaction score
Skullsplitter said:
sucho23 said:
Skullsplitter said:
Maybe. I'm just interested in the Jango for now anyway. Now if GG were smart the would do helmets NOT done buy MR or Riddell. I'm sure there would be pretty good interest in say the clone commanders or commandos. I'm not a huge PT fan but there are some really cool helmet designs there. I would love a scaled ARF Trooper helmet.
or a clone pilot, at-at driver and tie pilot!

Rod

Reaction score
Well I got sort of an update for you folks that are a fan of this line....it seems the helmet line is not dead. Had the pleasure or speaking with Mark from Sales and Marketing for GG Ltd. at their Selebration 5 booth.

He approached DarthBeek and I while we were hanging around their booth and we chatted for a few minutes.

I specificaly asked him what was the status of the mini-helmet line. Is it dead? We've only seen the pink and gold Vaders and the Jango has not come out yet with not much word from GG. He assured us the line is not dead. He stated that Jango is still planned on coming out. I honestly can;t remember if he said it's already shipping to them or about to but he did assure us, the line is not dead and they plan on continuing it.

My thoughts (DISCLAIMER: this is just my opinion, the following is not a paraphrasing or my version of what GG said to me at CV) from the conversation was that GG does intend to continue the lne but honestly, I could understand if due to the lowered interest (due to the fact that the line has been so slow in getting off the ground) the line doesn't pick up the necessary "steam"that we might see this line ride off into the sunset.....only time (and how much support fans give this line with their wallets) will tell,

A big shout out and thanks to Mark for speaking to us and I want all of you regulars to know that DarthBeek even got a CW animated bust-up...there is hope for that boy yet...he is slowly turning to the dark side of non OT pureness.

Reaction score
I was so disgusted with the quality after a couple of days that I sent it back to Play even though I only paid £20.

My experience is that the helmet is made of cheap flimsy plastic (so much so that one side of the Vader helmet had actually become unclipped inside the box) Come on GG, the Vader helmet is legendary and should be a forerunner for this line but mine did NOT have any inside details. Just a blanking plate, the helmet was completely empty inside apart from a clip inside that the stand clips into. I just wasn't happy with the quality of it, the thing weighed next to nothing in my hand.

I do not know what GG have planned for the upcoming helmets but I am more than happy to stick with the quality MR scaled helmets. I'll continue to buy GG's busts and statues but I'm completely done with this line.

Reaction score
I'm going with the wait and see approach. Hopefully GG will put out a quality product with the Jango helmet forward. I don't have the Vader so I can't comment but from what I'm reading here I hope they improve the quality. As far as helmet selection all they have to do is scale up their helmets from the Armory line or from the mini busts. They have quite a few designs to choose from already. Like always it's up to GG as to whether this line will sink or swim. I know I won't pay $50 for a cheap plastic helmet but like I said I myself will reserve judgement until I have Jango in hand.

Reaction score
DarthWenger said:
I was so disgusted with the quality after a couple of days that I sent it back to Play even though I only paid £20.

My experience is that the helmet is made of cheap flimsy plastic (so much so that one side of the Vader helmet had actually become unclipped inside the box) Come on GG, the Vader helmet is legendary and should be a forerunner for this line but mine did NOT have any inside details. Just a blanking plate, the helmet was completely empty inside apart from a clip inside that the stand clips into. I just wasn't happy with the quality of it, the thing weighed next to nothing in my hand.

I do not know what GG have planned for the upcoming helmets but I am more than happy to stick with the quality MR scaled helmets. I'll continue to buy GG's busts and statues but I'm completely done with this line.
Are you talking about the gold Vader? I got one, and it looked like they had used gold spray paint. There were runs and ripples all over it.