GG new helmet line

Reaction score
I would rather spend my money on cookie jars they are the same helmets but more yummy!!I did order the vader gold version from pgm club.I figure if it sucks I can bury it in the back yard and some future Indiana Jones can dig it up.

Reaction score
red_mosquito said:
Agree with you all. This is lame. I can see why GG would want to rehash/repaint Vader. But in order to energize the collectors they would need to do something Ridell and MR hadn't done with this scale. Just my 2 cents.
Indeed. Maybe the TIE Fighter pilot, Riddell had as a prototype?

Reaction score
Sergiu said:
red_mosquito said:
Agree with you all. This is lame. I can see why GG would want to rehash/repaint Vader. But in order to energize the collectors they would need to do something Ridell and MR hadn't done with this scale. Just my 2 cents.
Indeed. Maybe the TIE Fighter pilot, Riddell had as a prototype?
And MR had it queued up for production but just ran out of time as the license expired.

GG could really grab some big kudos if they could just resurrect that one helmet made.

Reaction score
theropod said:
_DJ_ said:
And why no dent? Would have given it a little extra oomph maybe.
Jango didn't have a dent.
-theropod
Yes, he hit his head on the way into Slave 1 after fighting OB-1 on Kamino. That's where the dent on the Boba helmet originated.

Reaction score
Uh, a fan of time travel, I see. The numbers in front of the words are time stamps for the video. Not votes or odds. 2:06<2:43

Reaction score
If someone can dent your helmet with a kick,
or you can dent your helmet by bumping your head on a door,
you really have a crappy helmet.

Reaction score
joe_pops said:
Uh, a fan of time travel, I see. The numbers in front of the words are time stamps for the video. Not votes or odds. 2:06<2:43
Ummm yeah!

I was just saying if I had to vote for an option that'd be the one I'd pick.

I have a bad feeling GG's going to kill this line even though it has such potential.

Reaction score
I agree, I can' see GG managing this line effectively. They are making some good strides with their mini busts and statues/dios. But "time to market" issues are still a snag. This line would seem beyond their bandwidth though. Hopefully they will sell it off to somebody who can make it work.

Reaction score
I hate when companies buy/take a line just to kill it afterward. It happened with Hasbro when they bought Galoob Co. and then destroyed both Action Fleet and MicroMachines lines...

Reaction score
Sergiu said:
I hate when companies buy/take a line just to kill it afterward. It happened with Hasbro when they bought Galoob Co. and then destroyed both Action Fleet and MicroMachines lines...
So very true!

If GG would just produce and release the Tie Pilot... BAMM ... this line is back and GG would have another hit on their hands.

Reaction score
I don't think that GG is actually gonna launch this line. Its barely gasping for air with a large weight around its foot. So my hopes arnt up at all.

Reaction score
No matter who had this line in the past it never went anywhere. Very few were ever made and most of them were rehashes to boot. Wish EFX didn't give GG the green light on them, because EFX would had done a better job. Would had love a McQ Vader helmet in this scale. I guess I'll have to pay the big bucks for full scale version.

Not really interested in any other helmets anyways. They take up too much room.

Reaction score
I preordered Jango a little while ago but it would be nice to get an update on the rest of this line. Like what new ones we can expect or if they're planning on rereleasing some of the older ones, especially the Shocktrooper.

Reaction score
A preorder now, could mean a delivery of June 2011. I have recently been lucky enough to score the MR Utapau Shadow Trooper scaled helmet from a great Scummer who charged me his original cost only! If I could bag the MR Scaled Shocktrooper helmet, I would call it a day on this line. There is no way I can believe GG can deliver on this product line.

Reaction score
red_mosquito said:
A preorder now, could mean a delivery of June 2011. I have recently been lucky enough to score the MR Utapau Shadow Trooper scaled helmet from a great Scummer who charged me his original cost only! If I could bag the MR Scaled Shocktrooper helmet, I would call it a day on this line. There is no way I can believe GG can deliver on this product line.
Dude I wish there were more scummers like that. The sad thing is most Scummers wont even buy something for retail from another Scummer. The Sellers here always get the short end of the stick because everyone is so cheap.

Rod

Reaction score
I still don't think this line will get off the ground.....I'll believe it when I see it. and the stupid pepto Vader don't really count since he was an exclusive.

Rod

Reaction score
Rod said:
I still don't think this line will get off the ground.....I'll believe it when I see it. and the stupid pepto Vader don't really count since he was an exclusive.
Dang! Is this line sooooo dead that I am replying to my own post from about 2 months ago?

Reaction score
I've been hoping that GG would do something with this line but it's looking like they're just going to do one or two repaints a year, maybe as exclusives, and then bury the line. I was so hoping they'd step up and do something cool like an AT-AT Driver or the TIE Pilot that has been missed twice previously.

There are so many different helmets in the SW universe you'd think someone could make a go of it in some scale other than the full sized versions that eFX is doing. But, maybe there isn't a market for something in this scale.

E...

G

Has GG even released any of these yet other than the SDCC pink vader? I would love to see a 212th clone & Clone Commander Helmets. It would be neat to see AT-AT Drivers, Snow Troopers, Scout's, ext too.

Reaction score
I got tired of waiting and made my own.
RedfordFilms.com had the MR Clonetrooper helmet for $1.00!! back in September, so I bought 2. I finally got around to airbrushing them a few weeks ago.

G

$1!!! And where was I??? Dang thats a hell of a deal, which I could have picked one up. Nice custom job too, love the 212th.

Rod

Reaction score
So is this helmet line dead? How long has it been since it was announced? Like 2 years ago and all we got is a a gold Vader and pink Vader?

Maybe it's just me, but that's majorly lame.

Reaction score
It's probably a good thing they never started up 1/6th scale helmets...didn't Tomy do those and weren't they really cheesy?

A half scale line has so much potential and GG isn't doing anything with it. I asked VS about this in her question thread and got no response.

Jango is available for preorder but who knows when that will come out.

https://www.gentlegiantltd.com/catalog/product/detail/583

Reaction score
actually the tomy helmets were quite good and detailed - too bad they got cancelled- I would have loved to have that 1/6 scale wedge x-wing helmet