GG new helmet line

Reaction score
Looks like GG just "UP SIZED" the Armory, Tomy mini-mini helmet line.

Reaction score
The MR mini helmets are .45 so I daresay GG was just rounding up to say 1:2 scale. As for re-issues being the first release... the mini helmet line somewhat sufferred from the demise of MR and didn't see as wide a distribution as it should have so I don't mind seeing some re-issues (in particular the shock trooper that only made it to the UK with 500). I daresay that what we have seen so far is just a production template and that what we will see in the end will be much the same as what MR released in terms of quality. Don't read too much into what GG has been showing at TF and NYCC for the mini helmet line as I am sure we will see more and hear more about this line in the near future (by SDCC at the very least).

Reaction score
Oh I'll give GG a chance to improve on the mini helmets, because I know what they are capable of doing, just don't want to collect them if they stay the way they are in the pics we've seen. They would look awful displayed next to MR's versions. just my 2 cents.

Reaction score
Wouldn't write them off just yet-wait and see what they issue.
I just hope they will do some new sculpts instead of just repainting Clone helmets forever more.
I would really like a Royal Guard, Snowtrooper, Biker Scout, AT-AT Pilot & TIE Pilot-would be most of the "old-school" ones.

Reaction score
JediJimmie said:
I really hope what they showed at NYCC were painted prototypes or something. I just now starting picking up the MR scaled helmets and have them all except 4 - Shocktrooper, Fett, Luke, and Wedge (spent quite a bit on the others over the past few days so I have to wait awhile before picking up the rest, especially the Shocktrooper). Glad I don't have anything new to look forward to with these until the Fall. If GG continues with MR's quality (actual lenses versus painted-on lenses) and offers up some new helmets, that would be great. I was disappointed to see only the same helmets MR has already put out.

Are the MR helmets .33 or .45 scale? If .45, I guess that puts the GG versions about the same size (1:2 scale)?
HEY! Jimmie, you're back!

Reaction score
Hmm... did I miss something or did GG not have any new scaled helmets at SDCC?
I hope they don't just put out the Clone rehashes (except for the Shocktrooper... I'll take that one) and be done with them.

Reaction score
JediJimmie said:
I hope they don't just put out the Clone rehashes (except for the Shocktrooper... I'll take that one) and be done with them.
yeah, you missed it

Pics are in the RS Preview page

All rehashes including the Shocktrooper.

Reaction score
I think these look fairly terrible compared to the MR versions. The visors look painted on as do the round silver parts at the bottom of the helmets. These were mesh on the MR versions and they had proper visors.

I'm not too impressed with the paint on the clones. Since when were the 501st sky blue and the red on the shock trooper looks too light in colour.

My final complaint would be that these are 1/2 scale were as the Riddell and MR were all .45. Why change the scale?

I'm certainly passing on these three. I'll wait to see future releases.

Reaction score
Woody said:
I think these look fairly terrible compared to the MR versions. The visors look painted on as do the round silver parts at the bottom of the helmets. These were mesh on the MR versions and they had proper visors.

I'm not too impressed with the paint on the clones. Since when were the 501st sky blue and the red on the shock trooper looks too light in colour.

My final complaint would be that these are 1/2 scale were as the Riddell and MR were all .45. Why change the scale?

I'm certainly passing on these three. I'll wait to see future releases.
I couldn't agree more, they just looked plain cheap.
Not impressed either.

Reaction score
Obi_Wanna_Cracker said:
JediJimmie said:
yeah, you missed it

Yeah I saw those... they're all the same ones MR already made (better, BTW). GG showed those same helmets at Toy Fair earlier this year... I was hoping to see something new from this line by the time SDCC rolled around. I don't think you were referring to the first few pics in the RS Preview Night gallery, but just in case, those are the Tomy mini-mini helmets. Sure would like to see some of those in the .45/.50 scale, though.

Reaction score
I like the Shocktrooper and standard clonetrooper mini-helmets, but I dont know about the 501st mini-helmet, because the middle of the "frown" of the helmet is painted blue.

Hopefully GG will fix this. I hope the Master Replicas Mini Clonetrooper helmets are still available, because I still havent gotten those yet.

Reaction score
JediJimmie said:
Obi_Wanna_Cracker said:
JediJimmie said:
yeah, you missed it

Yeah I saw those... they're all the same ones MR already made (better, BTW). GG showed those same helmets at Toy Fair earlier this year... I was hoping to see something new from this line by the time SDCC rolled around. I don't think you were referring to the first few pics in the RS Preview Night gallery, but just in case, those are the Tomy mini-mini helmets. Sure would like to see some of those in the .45/.50 scale, though.
No, not the first pics. The ones of the clones after the Asajj/Dooku Statue. They look awful.
At least they aren't doing Vader and 3po again.
But, Boba for a third time? Come on

Reaction score
LAME!

Talk about killing an excellent collectible line.

If the quality doesn't improve, which I think we all know GG could do, I'll be done collecting the mini helmets.

Reaction score
Man..GG is just screwing lines over royally...

Halo 3 busts, Indy line, LOTR, SW bust-ups & now this...

Well I would only be interested in OT helmets...mainly Snowtrooper, AT-AT/TIE Pilot, X-WIng Pilots & of course a Tusken Raider.

Reaction score
Tusken_Raiders said:
Well I would only be interested in OT helmets...mainly Snowtrooper, AT-AT/TIE Pilot, X-WIng Pilots & of course a Tusken Raider.
I agree with you that these would be the only ones I would be interested also, they should complement the MR mini buckets real nice, but to me they just look like prototypes or mockups and not a finished product.

Reaction score
These don't look like .45 prop replicas. More like soft rubber giant erasers shaped like SW helmets.

Reaction score
I have all of the scaled Clones and Empire helmets that MR made and really like these. Hope GG does a good job and expands the line soon. The look great with the GG busts.

Reaction score
Boba86Solo said:
I have all of the scaled Clones and Empire helmets that MR made and really like these. Hope GG does a good job and expands the line soon. The look great with the GG busts.
You Right Boba86solo...it can be great

Reaction score
Reaction score
Oh Joy... a terrible pink repaint... can you say easy pass for 99.999% of the collectors of this line? It's not even modelled after the pink vader helmet from the vader project that was at C4/CE/CJ... what a pathetic entry to this line by GG.

Reaction score
Stripes said:
Oh Joy... a terrible pink repaint... can you say easy pass for 99.999% of the collectors of this line? It's not even modelled after the pink vader helmet from the vader project that was at C4/CE/CJ... what a pathetic entry to this line by GG.
I don't know about pathetic. This is GG's charity item this year and it's been noted that part of the proceeds will go to fund breast cancer research. While it may not appeal to collectors of the line, some might want it who have had family and/or friends affected by breast cancer.

Reaction score
Darth_Mahler said:
Stripes said:
I don't know about pathetic. This is GG's charity item this year and it's been noted that part of the proceeds will go to fund breast cancer research. While it may not appeal to collectors of the line, some might want it who have had family and/or friends affected by breast cancer.
I can appreciate that this is the "charity" item, however, I don't see the appeal of an all powder pink vader helmet. Even with the worthwhile cause, I daresay this is almost a killer for the line before anything else even gets off the ground. If GG manages to sell 500 of these I think they'll be lucky.

Reaction score
Actually, this does have some appeal to me, but i can see how some collectors would differ. Me personally, a family member had breast cancer and if this is a way to help out that foundation its a great deal for me.

Reaction score
Personally I don't think it's the best choice of item but I'd get in anways to complete the line and if something is going to charity I feel a lot better about it!

Hopefully the rest of the line will pick up from here with some new sculpts and not just endless clone repaints - I'm happy with a mix of both though!

Reaction score
you may not like it but many girls and women will (you know those people in our lives that dont understand what the appeal is about.)

my wife wants one.

austin

Reaction score
The pink Vader looks weird. I totally agree with charity actions but not sure if I agree with the look of this helmet.

It somehow reminds me of this caricature Vader costume:

Reaction score
Such an ignomimious start to this line from GG.... first the pink repaint of the vader helmet that has been around since the days of riddell, now with the announcement for the PG, a special "gold electro plated" version. When will we see something new and original?

Reaction score
If they really want to do something for breast cancer they should sell this one and make a little more money and their collecting base happy.

Just don't do it in pink. Nice thought, but really, what is going to bring in the money for breasts?!?

Reaction score
They could make a TIE Pilot helmet, a Royal Guard, AT-AT Driver, Scout, Snowtrooper, Death Star Gunner, plus tons of clones.

Reaction score
Sergiu said:
They could make a TIE Pilot helmet, a Royal Guard, AT-AT Driver, Scout, Snowtrooper, Death Star Gunner, plus tons of clones.
I really thought they'd start this line relaunch with a new sculpt - the AOTC Clone being the obvious one since they could get at least 5 releases out of it (Grunt, Commander, Sergeant, Captain, Leiutentant) and then one of the OT faves - TIE pilot, Scout Trooper, DS Gunner etc.

Really need to announce something good coming next, two repaints is not a good start!

Reaction score
Question for VS - GG new helmet line

Question to VinylSquirrel if you visit this thread

- What is their status beyond the pink and gold Vaders?
- Do you have a timeframe when you will be announcing any new helmets?
- Will GG be tackling the nearly completed twice before TIE Pilot ?

MAF

Reaction score
If you're a fan of MR's former--and GG's soon-to-be--scaled helmet line and also a fan of The Force Unleashed, you may be interested in purchasing some of these custom scaled TFU Trooper helmets.

Custom painting by Zak_Frost and custom plaques by PANTHER96. Please check out Accepting Orders: Custom TFU Scaled Helmets or drop me a PM if you're interested in ordering.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Great looking custom Stormies, but not something I need to have.

Ok, so GG's offereing up two more versions of the old Riddell Vader mold, PINK and GOLD. Easy pass for me. (I'm getting the Rex mini bust...
..)

With so many options open for this line, it makes me wonder why GG has chosen the rehash route. Don't get me wrong, the rehashes work for exclusives and gifts but I'd like to see some NEW stuff from this line. I mean NEW and IMPROVED...after seeing the GG proto stuff way back when.

I think a little SHOCK & AWE from GG would bring life back to this once great collectible line. Maybe with a little something like this:

So anyone heard anything from VS on this line?