GG new helmet line

Reaction score
I was browsing through the photos from TF and noticed the new helmet line that GG was showing off. Does anyone know if these are going to be the same scale as the ones that MR put out? Are they done to the same level of detail or are they going to be a significant departure from what we have seen with the MR .45 helmets?

Reaction score
From what I've read over at Jedi Temple Archives GG is picking up where MR left off. They show three different clone troopers, standard trooper, 501st, Shock Trooper and Boba Fett's helmets.

Reaction score
If they're the same scale that would be awesome since it would mean that North American collectors wouldn't have to try and track down one of the MR shock trooper helmets and pay the ludicrous shipping costs.... guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Reaction score
These are the .45 scale helmets that started with Riddell, moved to MR and now in GG's hands. This is confirmed with the FAQ by Amanda on the GG site blog.

I hope their Shocktrooper is going to be changed. It looks really off. Hopefully, they will use the MR style stand.

Reaction score
Good to hear that they will be keeping the .45 scale. Don't know if the shocktrooper looks off to me, could be the angles the pictures were taken from.

I'm also hoping they keep a similar style stand for the helmets. Would allow for you to have GG helmets next to the MR helmets without too much messing around not to mention the visual appeal of any display with the helmets.

I know that it was announced a while back the GG would take over the line but it seems odd to me that they would immediately re-release some of the same helmets that MR had just barely finished releasing unless it's in an effort to ensure people actually get those particular helmets (though from what I've seen, the MR helmets, with the exception of the shocktrooper, have been selling at less than retail). Any thoughts?

Reaction score
Stripes said:
I know that it was announced a while back the GG would take over the line but it seems odd to me that they would immediately re-release some of the same helmets that MR had just barely finished releasing unless it's in an effort to ensure people actually get those particular helmets (though from what I've seen, the MR helmets, with the exception of the shocktrooper, have been selling at less than retail). Any thoughts?
That was my confusion as well, I can see why they would rerelease the Shocktrooper since it's been a pain for you US guys to get hold of, but the if they rerelease the other clones and fett it just makes no sence to me!

There are still other easy repaints they could do which would keep the interest higher while they come up with new moulds. Personally I'd buy a Utapau Clone and Jango as repaints then hopefully they'd get to some other fun stuff - TIE Pilot, ATAT/ATST Driver, Death Star Gunner and AOTC Clones/ROTS Commanders.

I'm really hoping GG doesn't drop the ball with this line!

Reaction score
CapTypho said:
Stripes said:
I think anyone interested in this line will agree with that.

As for the repaints, I wouldn't mind seeing a few others as well.... maybe a 327th Starcorps, an Utapau Shadow Trooper, and maybe a Coruscant one just to round out the line a little more.

Reaction score
CapTypho said:
Stripes said:
I think anyone interested in this line will agree with that.

As for the repaints, I wouldn't mind seeing a few others as well.... maybe a 327th Starcorps, an Utapau Shadow Trooper, and maybe a Coruscant one just to round out the line a little more.
Well if history has anything to due with this line-- well get at the most 5 new sculpts and then the line will shut down or someone else will pick it up- and then begin by rereleasing what came before with paint tweeks.

Reaction score
Well if we are looking at new sculpts (god willing more than 5) I would hope that the Royal Guard is one of the top priority ones.

Reaction score
Not real sure GG will re-release the mini helmets they showed at TF. Might just be that those were the only molds thay had available to make product to show.

Then again I'd like GG to do a Shockie, but only if they tweak the look of the one they showed to where it looks a little more detailed like the MR version. Would beat having to pay the $130 plus to get one from the UK.

Reaction score
Makes you wonder why they would show those helmets at TF if they don't have plans to release them. I can appreciate that they may have only had those molds to be able to produce something, but even still, why would they go to the trouble of painting them and everything if they weren't planning to release them?

I do agree that the shocktrooper needs some work to make it look more like the MR ones. I am hoping that GG doesn't drop the ball with this line as if it is done properly it could be a very popular line for a very long time to come. If they go the route of the armoury helmets (Tomy) then they will kill this line faster than a car windshield hitting a bug at 100MPH.

Reaction score
I can see some re-issues of the exclusives but it would be nice to see some repaints of the ones mentioned above like Jango and the 327th and 212th. Throw in some repaints of the X-Wing pilots, such as Biggs. At least to get the line started with GG.

After that I would like to see them do the TIE Pilot, AOTC Clones, the other clone commanders, Biker Scout, 41st Elite, Royal Guard, and I am sure there are plenty more I would own given the chance

Reaction score
Given the chance there are alot of Star Wars items we would ALL own

Reaction score
spudmanski said:
I can see some re-issues of the exclusives but it would be nice to see some repaints of the ones mentioned above like Jango and the 327th and 212th. Throw in some repaints of the X-Wing pilots, such as Biggs. At least to get the line started with GG.

After that I would like to see them do the TIE Pilot, AOTC Clones, the other clone commanders, Biker Scout, 41st Elite, Royal Guard, and I am sure there are plenty more I would own given the chance
If they make it I'll buy it!

Reaction score
Do you think that we will be able to get the shocktrooper minu to north america?

Reaction score
Well, if GG releases what was shown at TF to the north american market, then yes you will see the shock trooper as well as re-issues of the 501st, a regular Ep3 clone and Boba Fett.

Reaction score
Im only buying if they are OT and non reissues. I have the Fett, Stormie, Vader and Luke x-wing. No need for duplicates of them.

Id be down with a Bikerscout, Snowtrooper, Tie-Pilot, AT-AT driver

Reaction score
OT:
TIE Pilot
Biggs (easy repaint)
Biker Scout
Snowtrooper
AT-AT Driver
Death Star Gunner
Death Star Trooper aka: Death Squad Commander
Royal Guard
AT-ST Driver

PT:
Bacarra
Cody
Neyo
Bly
327th StarCorps Felucia (easy repaint)
212th Attack Battalion Utapau (easy repaint)
2nd Airbourne
Galactic Marine
Phase I white
Phase I red
Phase I green
Phase I blue
Phase I green
Jango Fett (easy repaint)
Phase I Clone Pilot
Phase II Clone Pilot
AT-RT Driver
Clone Scout Trooper aka: Kashyyyk Trooper

That should keep them busy for a few years.

Reaction score
Nice list Darth_chuck, guess we'll just have to wait and see if we get any previews on upcoming projects for this line from GG at either NYCC or SDCC...

Reaction score
I'd love to see a royal guard... maybe even a senate guard to go with it...

Reaction score
If they have any sense (I know, we're talking about GG here) they'd make the TIE Pilot helmet first. I'd be happy with just that one.

Reaction score
I rather GG not make any of these helmets. All it's going to do is take more time away from the SW bust line like all the other sub lines that they are OVERDOING right now. I'd say give the helmets to the new company FX or what ever it is. They are mostly people from MR anyways and they know what they are going.

Reaction score
Turbowars said:
I rather GG not make any of these helmets. All it's going to do is take more time away from the SW bust line like all the other sub lines that they are OVERDOING right now. I'd say give the helmets to the new company FX or what ever it is. They are mostly people from MR anyways and they know what they are going.
When eFX signed on to do the props they indicated that with LFL it looked better that GG had the mini helmets as they already had the mini-mini-helmets (Tomy ones right?). Thus, I don't think they will take it back!!. I wish they would but now it is in GG's hands.

Reaction score
spudmanski said:
Turbowars said:
When eFX signed on to do the props they indicated that with LFL it looked better that GG had the mini helmets as they already had the mini-mini-helmets (Tomy ones right?). Thus, I don't think they will take it back!!. I wish they would but now it is in GG's hands.
Hey Spud, this is a little off subject but OBJ found the Radio Shack mini C3PO and Vader helmet exclusive for half off in Topeka.

Reaction score
I would love to get into these but I just can't collect another line, especially a highly addicting GG line!

Reaction score
jedibill said:
spudmanski said:
Turbowars said:
Hey Spud, this is a little off subject but OBJ found the Radio Shack mini C3PO and Vader helmet exclusive for half off in Topeka.
Ooops. Haven't been in this thread for a while. Thanks JB. I already got these on an earlier sale but not as good a price a 50% off though.

Reaction score
So good to know that GG has been keeping us completely in the dark on this line. It'd be kinda nice to have some more information beyond the couple of pictures that came out of TF. I didn't even see any updated info from the aussie toy fair this past week. Maybe we'll see or hear something new at or before NYCC...

Reaction score
Uh-oh, that's it for GG then. Buy what you can because they'll be gone in a few months. The Curse Of The Mini-Helmets will not go away. First it did in Riddell, then MR, now GG will be its next victim. No one messes with the Curse...

Although, the stands say 1/2 scale, and the bottoms of the helmets look different. These have a white rim, the MR ones have a black rim (having just examined my bunch).

Reaction score
Hey, it's the start of a whole new focus area: you can have the exact same Boba Fett helmet made by three different companies.

Reaction score
The paint apps look horrible on the lens. I was under the impression that they were actual lenses, maybe you guys can clue me in. I never got the clone minis from my distributor.

Reaction score
The MR and Riddell ones have lenses, don't know if these are mockups or something, or maybe they're going to be left blank inside.

Reaction score
Is it me or does the mouth guard/piece look to be painted on versus being an actual molded part of the helmet?

Sure hope this isn't the best GG has to offer. If it is, I don't see myself collecting the line anymore.

Reaction score
I really hope what they showed at NYCC were painted prototypes or something. I just now starting picking up the MR scaled helmets and have them all except 4 - Shocktrooper, Fett, Luke, and Wedge (spent quite a bit on the others over the past few days so I have to wait awhile before picking up the rest, especially the Shocktrooper). Glad I don't have anything new to look forward to with these until the Fall. If GG continues with MR's quality (actual lenses versus painted-on lenses) and offers up some new helmets, that would be great. I was disappointed to see only the same helmets MR has already put out.

Are the MR helmets .33 or .45 scale? If .45, I guess that puts the GG versions about the same size (1:2 scale)?