Georgia Sightings

Reaction score
anyone see the tpm or rotj waves anywhere in the atlanta area yet?

Reaction score
No sign yet. I'm at the stores pretty regular and I've seen nothing new in a few weeks. Seems like the stores are really slow getting stuff in right now.

Reaction score
I gave up looking for now and ordered the ROTJ and TPM waves from hasbrotoyshop yesterday. Now 8 of the 12 are sold out.

Reaction score
Found TCW wave 5 and TPM waves at the old SWM in Acworth yesterday. I only picked up Luminara and Rum Sleg.

Reaction score
I saw the same waves at Walmart in Austell. Looks like the TPM wave and new Clone Wars waves are hitting.

Reaction score
saw remnants of the tpm wave in perimeter wal-mart as well as the wal mart exclusive large octuparra droid

Reaction score
TPM was all over north Georgia as of the end of last week, I'm pretty much caught up on that wave, and then yesterday one of the ASWCC members found the ROTJ wave at the North Point Mall Target.

So the stuff is finally showing.

'78

Reaction score
TPM is popping up at all the Walmarts in west cobb. No sign of ROTJ which is what I really want. Glad to hear it's getting closer though.

Reaction score
We had another ASWCC ROTJ find at a Target yesterday, so that's two - both in North ATL - none of the Targets that I frequent have had any yet, and both are down to just a couple of figures, so hopefully soon.

Heck, I only found TPM a week ago, and am still looking for a couple of extras on that wave.

BTW - y'all make sure to check out www.aswcc.com. It's not much more than a message board, but it's got very detailed sightings of what's going on around Atlanta, Georgia, and even beyond - we're working to get more Southeastern US coverage - so c'mon over and join up!

'78

Reaction score
Since1978 said:
We had another ASWCC ROTJ find at a Target yesterday, so that's two - both in North ATL - none of the Targets that I frequent have had any yet, and both are down to just a couple of figures, so hopefully soon.

Heck, I only found TPM a week ago, and am still looking for a couple of extras on that wave.

BTW - y'all make sure to check out www.aswcc.com. It's not much more than a message board, but it's got very detailed sightings of what's going on around Atlanta, Georgia, and even beyond - we're working to get more Southeastern US coverage - so c'mon over and join up!

'78
Hey - I've looked at that site before and (maybe its just me), I can't find the sightings thread. Where am I not looking?

Reaction score
You have to be a member to see the sightings pages. It`s our little way of keeping out the scalpers. At one point you had to post a few before getting in but we`re trying to up the membership and with you being on here I don`t think you`d have to worry about a wait.

Reaction score
Walmart on Collins Hill has had some of TPM wave here & there with some of the repacks with the L8-L9 parts and some of the newer CW stuff, no Droid Factory stuff that I've found, as this was the 1 local Walmart on this end with them last year. Walmart in Buford has a lot of the newer Clone Wars stuff, but not much on TPM or repacks I could see.

I happened to round the corned into the clearance section and found the exclusive 2 packs and the Droid Factory sets, along with the new Roller Tank or whatever it's called, all had the red clearance stickers but the prices were certainly normal price, as a matter of fact the Evolutions sets were prices @ like $24.97, and they are like $21.96 I believe @ Collins Hill store.

$90 w/tax and I have the complete Droid Factory sets, so now I wait for them to go on clearance so I can go get the price difference.

Reaction score
finally found all of the tpm wave including the elusive rum sleg at target near lenox mall / phipps plaza

now for the rotj wave.....

Reaction score
As Darth P said, you guys who are regular posters over here at the 'scum, I'll let you in.
It is/was an extra layer to discourage scalping and was set up a long time ago. We originally started out here as a pretty active thread about 8 or so years ago, then were offered our own site, and after a few server crashes/migrations we are now at www.aswcc.com and are looking for new members. Come on by!!

Reaction score
Darth_Omen said:
As Darth P said, you guys who are regular posters over here at the 'scum, I'll let you in.
It is/was an extra layer to discourage scalping and was set up a long time ago. We originally started out here as a pretty active thread about 8 or so years ago, then were offered our own site, and after a few server crashes/migrations we are now at www.aswcc.com and are looking for new members. Come on by!!
I submitted a registration on Friday, so please add me to the sightings thread whomsoever has the authority. I hope to get out later and will post if I find anything useful.

Reaction score
Excellent - we'll be glad to have several of you folks joining!

I finally found the "new" comic packs over the weekend thanks to a ASWCC tip. Most of the stores up on this end of town are pretty empty, so I'm hopeful of seeing the ROTJ wave sometime this week.

'78

Reaction score
was able to pick up the geonosis 2 packs from north point target using dcpi

Reaction score
Darth_Omen said:
registered and activated, awaiting "privileged" status.

thanks!

Reaction score
saw the galactic heroes millennium falcon (rotj version) at costco today in the holiday / gift section

Reaction score
found the rotj wave, the tie interceptor, and a geonosis assault battlepack at northpoint toys r us

Reaction score
remnants of the rotj wave and the Mist hunter titanium wave at kmart on buford highway off 285

Reaction score
No sign of ROTJ around West Cobb yet. Going hunting today. Hopefully will have some luck.

I'll definitely try to join aswcc again today. Tried the other day but it kept giving me errors when I went to the website.

Reaction score
Found TPM wave at the Woodstock Super Target this morning. They had to bring the case from the back when I asked about the DPCI number. Their pegs were full of TCW so I don't think they would have brought them out otherwise. Still looking to find the ROTJ wave again.

Reaction score
RotJ wave now gone at the Roswell Super Target.

Dewbacks at the Woodstock Super Wal-Mart.

If you got the TRU Big Book in the mail and you want the Crumb Bomber, wait til November 1st, it will be $50. Old News I know.

Today after 6pm, TRU will have the AT-TE on sale for %50 off.

Reaction score
DEwbacks are all gone at the Woodstock Super Wal-Mart. They usually restock Thurs nite, so hopefully I'll find an AT-ST on Friday!!! This WM hasn't restocked basic figures in weeks, they are down to maybe 10 figures. It's nice to see them selling down, but I hope I'm not seeing what Since78 described in the Top Three Toy retailers thread. Target has been better, but I can't hit Target as often.

I scored all of the ROTJ figs I was missing as well as some Legends that were new to me, for less than what I would have paid at Target, plus free shipping via HTS(SW2010). May not need to hunt for toys if they can replenish their stock on a regular basis.

Reaction score
Found wave 10/11 mix at MOG TRU yesterday sans Plo Koon and the Gray Ugnaught later at the L-ville Target. Found the AT-ST today at the Suwanee WM. Thay still have 16 of em as well as 3 Dewbacks.

Reaction score
I don't know what it was today, but I must have had a four-leaf clover and a rabbit's foot with me. Please bear with me as I think one only has this kind of day on rare occasions in this hobby.

I had only planned to visit one store before work this morning. I went to the older SWM in Acworth mainly to see if they had wave 5 from GIJoe ROC. I have been trying to find a CS Snake Eyes for a while, but have never had any luck. As I scanned the ROC figs, I happened to find wave 5...but no CS SE. Not feeling very optimistic, I glanced down the aisle to the SW section. Seeing nothing new as usual, I decided to leave. I figured I had enough time to visit one more store, so I went to the newer SWM in Acworth. In this SWM, I visited the action figure aisle and sighed, seeing nothing new. I figured I would visit their "clearance aisle" before leaving just in case they had wave 5 up there. This SWM has had items in this other section for weeks now. Its kind of been their overflow area for the action figure aisle. I walked down the aisle seeing some of the same items I had seen before, but then noticed something. The price tags in front of some of the items had changed. "SW Evolutions - $10.00" Wha!?! I quickly grabbed a Rebel Pilots 3 and Imperial Pilots 3 pack. Getting optimistic for basic figures, I didn't see any. Then I saw it. "CW Turbo Tank - $60.00" :shock: I couldn't believe my eyes. Now, I'm sure this isn't new information, but given how lousy the finds have been around here lately, I couldn't believe it. I grabbed a Turbo Tank and purchased it along with the two Evolutions packs.

Knowing that the CS Snake Eyes would be tough to find, I decided to make a run at lunchtime to the TC SWM. 'Lo and behold, TC had wave 5 too. To my disappointment, I didn't see SE at first, but after a minute of sifting through the pegs, I found him. Finally! I continued to glance around the aisle - they had received Dewbacks. I saw some red bins in the middle of the center aisle. Inside? DCUC Robotman and Joker. (I thought it very interesting that neither had made their way onto the DCUC pegs.) I moved to the back where TC keeps their overstock. I thought maybe I would have the same luck as before, but nope. I began to leave, walking to the main aisle, and saw them - an entire column of AT-STs in front of me. I walked up and reviewed it. Reminding myself how much I had already spent, I put it down, and left only buying the SE.

I figured my day was over. As I returned from lunch, I kept thinking about how well my luck was running. I had checked the TC Target yesterday and thought there wasn't any way they would have anything. I figured one phone call wouldn't hurt. Well, my luck continued as they confirmed that they had the entire ROTJ wave minus Leia. By the end of the day, I was able to finally get the ROTJ wave figs I wanted most and a grey Ugnaught to boot.

Not too bad.

In summary:

new SWM in Acworth - several $10 Evolutions packs and one $60 Turbo Tank left as of this morning
TC Target - remnants of the ROTJ wave
TC SWM - 15+ AT-STs and Dewbacks

Don't know if I'll keep the TT. I just don't know if I can afford it or even have the room for it. I wasn't willing to risk not getting it for that price though. I like the AT-ST, but can't put down $40 on it. Maybe if that SWM in Acworth gets them in?

Anyways, outside of Leia and Cody, I think I'm up-to-date with SW until the ANH wave and the OB1 w/ Freeco Speeder. I'm glad, 'cause I need the rest.

-Merc

Reaction score
Alpharetta atlanta highway had one dewback, It was on a aisle endcap with some legos not with the other.

Northpoint (roswell) TRU has a bunch of Codys and the Jeremy Bulloch character. They had 2 concept IG88's. One some punk ripped the droid piece out and I bought the untampered one.

Reaction score
ESB wave has been found in all areas of the North, NE and NW areas of the city at this point.

Reaction score
While the first sightings of ESB were extremely limited, they seem to be coming back a bit more now. I found it at 2 WM`s yesterday and other local reports show it out in other areas around Atlanta as well.