George's EP7-9 Leaked/Revealed?

Reaction score
So I came across this in passing on FB today. On the post, he says this is from 'Star Wars Archives Episodes 1-3 The Prequels' (a new GL interview)"...and I have no idea what that is. So the reliability of this is in question, but I wanted to share incase it does get proven to be real. Apparently this is George's generalized outline for EP 7-9.

124777737_10158927211340127_6933340212130902501_n.jpg

Supposedly this is the outline for what Lucas pitched to Disney and they tossed out.

So I will say, I don't like Leia being the Chosen One. I've never been a huge fan of the Chosen One idea to begin with, but if it must exist...keep it Anakin. But of course this isn't canon, it's basically...as odd as this is to say...Lucas's fan fiction.

But most of this? I'm actually really digging. I mean, for all we know though, even George may have scrapped some of this (IE: Leia the Chosen One) before the final product if Disney went with this. This is just like general sparknote stuff. Plus what I find kind of interesting is, outside of Leia becoming Chancellor and Maul (now that he's dead by this point in the timeframe)...most of this meshes with the Disney trilogy and COULD be put into canon if you kind of retroactively make these 7-9 and 7-9 into 10-12.

I also like that the imperial remnant has a presence...but the main antagonists AREN'T basically JUST recycling the Empire again. I really like that it's more lawlessness and criminal organizations (Black Sun, Hutt Cartel, Crimson Dawn, potential new as well) and trying to re-establish order with the New Republic than just another (but basically the same) massive evil totalitarian dictatorship antagonist. I've always had issues with The First Order. I'm sure a lot is explained in books, but on film it's all so vague.

EDIT UPDATE: Starting to make rounds in media now. Yup, apparently it's legit...and it's from this book:

Last edited:
Reaction score
I kind of like that post.

Maybe someone will take this general idea from George, flesh it out, and make it into a "What if..." comic or something like they did the first draft of SW '77? That would be kind of cool!

I'm going to guess, now, Disney didn't go with it because it's somewhat heavy on the PT. I mean the main villain is Maul. And at the time they purchased LFL, the PT were still pretty controversial. Really, they still are...it just seems they've grown a bit more favourable in recent years. But I could see Disney wanting to stay faaaar away from the PT. Really, I've always thought that explained why TFA is such a safe ANH reboot more than anything original.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Maybe someone will take this general idea from George, flesh it out, and make it into a "What if..." comic or something like they did the first draft of SW '77? That would be kind of cool!

I'm going to guess, now, Disney didn't go with it because it's somewhat heavy on the PT. I mean the main villain is Maul. And at the time they purchased LFL, the PT were still pretty controversial. Really, they still are...it just seems they've grown a bit more favourable in recent years. But I could see Disney wanting to stay faaaar away from the PT. Really, I've always thought that explained why TFA is such a safe ANH reboot more than anything original.

Reminds me of the ones they already made of the OT - kind of cool ones.
And the Tag and Bink one :D

Reaction score
Honestly sound like some old Eu stuff going on there, and TBH it doesn't have the feel of George Lucas at all. Why would he mirror so close to what the EU has basically done when he opposed most of it? Not to mention Maul was dead as far as he was concerned, same as Fett.

I don't buy it.

Reaction score
Honestly sound like some old Eu stuff going on there, and TBH it doesn't have the feel of George Lucas at all. Why would he mirror so close to what the EU has basically done when he opposed most of it? Not to mention Maul was dead as far as he was concerned, same as Fett.

I don't buy it.

I'm glad you mentioned this actually, so I should specify : it is confirmed in the sense that it's in the book and the author is claiming Lucas told him this. It's not confirmed by Lucas. Least not that I know of. Now I'd think something sanctioned by LFL wouldn't exaggerate or outright commit lies, but I suppose it is possible. Because you're right, when I first read that...I was rather confused. Darth Talon? I mean I liked Darth Talon, but it's pretty darn rare for Lucas himself to embrace an EU character...and a Legends one at that. Some fan favorites, Mara Jade for example, he downright hated. I have heard he was pushing for Maul's return on CW and it was even his idea, not sure the legitimacy on that, but he did ultimately leave how it would be done in the hands of Filoni instead of taking charge. So that could be legit.

Reaction score
Every time we get a handful of tidbits from Lucas’s sequel trilogy, it seems to be vastly different from the previous set of tidbits. We got word of microscopic whills. And then stuff about this character Kira who would be the new protagonist trained by Luke. And then that Luke would die. And now we’re hearing that it would have taken place only a handful of years after Return of the Jedi with Darth Maul as a the villain? I’m not sure how this all gels. And I’m not even getting into the plan from way back in the 80s that got scrapped and caused his falling out with Gary Kurtz. I’m not doubting the sources, clearly this is all straight from George himself. It just seems that the notion that there was ever a strong direction for 7-9 from anybody seems maybe a little generous. I’m wondering if the scrapped George outlines were actually outlines akin to what he had for 1-6, or if if was more of a list of possible directions they could take the series. Nevertheless, after 9 I think I and most other people would love to see literally any other direction the sequel trilogy could have gone.

There’s a really cool comic from Dark Horse that adapts the earlier drafts of A New Hope in an art style based on scrapped concept designs. I mean it’s not great narrative wise, but it’s so interesting to explore “what if?” I think that’s the best I can hope for regarding a Lucas sequel trilogy. I don’t even think that sounds impossible either. I don’t think it’ll happen soon, but who knows, 10 years, 15 years Disney could give Marvel the greenlight to try it out if they think it’d be profitable.

Reaction score
In my opinion, the three things that we should have had in the ST were;

1. An established New Republic;
2. A rebuilt Jedi Order;
3. An enemy that was not the Empire, or in the case of the ST, the idiot cousin of the Empire.

Lucas set the stage at the end of ROTJ for a certain vision of the future that JJ et. al took a big steaming dump over.

Last edited:

GNT

Reaction score
It’s not all JJ’s fault, Disney approved it all so they’ve got to take some blame for the ST. A new Jedi order would’ve been nice to see but maybe that can be expanded upon in future films.

A coherent story arc is what we needed, they really should’ve just mapped out a franchise all in one go.

Reaction score
It’s not all JJ’s fault, Disney approved it all so they’ve got to take some blame for the ST. A new Jedi order would’ve been nice to see but maybe that can be expanded upon in future films.

A coherent story arc is what we needed, they really should’ve just mapped out a franchise all in one go.

Oh I definitely blame Disney too. They are the ones that signed off on those ****** scripts.

Also agree that the trilogy really needed to have a coherent vision in advance like what they did with Avengers.

Utinniii

Reaction score
Lucas probably had dozens of ideas for the ST especially throughout the years. This certainly can be one of them. The number of ideas expands with any spin off he was involved in. George also isn't above some revisionist history.
We know he loved Maul and by the amount of Talon in concept art we can infer that he was a fan of her as well.
We also know from interviews that many of his ideas made it into the ST (Finn).

Personally, the person I blame the most for the ST is Harrison Ford. The original idea was having a Luke-centric movie since Ford has been on record as not wanting to come back. All of that was thrown out when Ford decided he wanted in.

Reaction score

I wouldn't mind a NJO trilogy set 5-10 years post ROTJ perhaps focusing on a "Kyle Katarn" type character as the main teacher since obviously it would be problematic for Luke to be a main part of the story. So he could be something like the head master where "Katarn" goes to for advice once in a while, or pops up to drop some Yoda knowledge here and there onto the students. Then then introduce a couple students as the ones who go out on some damn adventure and get into some trouble trouble. Or introduce a character that's into researching ancient lore and allow us to learn a bit more about it as well. It could also deal with some of the Imperial remnants and have a few incursions with them, maybe even a last surviving Inquisitor looking for Sith secrets to help him ascend to being an actual Sith or a way to somehow return control of the Galaxy back to the empire.

Reaction score
Really I want none of it. It's really over and the Magic has long since gone and ended with the OT. I saw one of the past 5 Disney Movies and really disliked it. Those looking forward to new SW I wish you well. I expect to much and I know I will never get it.. 🤖

Reaction score
That is in essence the problem, we for some reason expect Star Wars to be what we remember as kids, at least most of the old guard who grew up on OT. I think what allowed me to enjoy the PT more than most people, was that I read the EU in between and had more of an open mind to what Star Wars could be post ROTJ. Was the PT great? No. But it wasn't horrible either, at least not compared to a lot of other bad movies in general.

And for me they were much better than the ST, speaking strictly on the Skywalker saga of movies. While I find it difficult to judge any new SW movie without measuring it to the OT and the feeling I had as kid, I try to also keep in mind nothing is usually ever as good as it was the first time you experienced it. You're not the same person for starters, just like GL was no longer the same when he made the PT.

I don't think there was any way to recapture what Star Wars was, there is only "other stories" to tell in the Galaxy. And hopes to somehow recapture some essence of that theme but for anew generation. Some good some bad, but why I think it's great time for the Franchise is because of avenues like D+ which will finally offer us broader content to watch than just one movie every three years that possibly only appealed to 1/3 of the community. Now we have the possibility that if you don't like Movie A or B you'll have other options like series A or B, surely with this much content available there would have to be something that appeals to you?

Granted ST movies aside they didn't really offer much in the realm of new an interesting, I mean Han Solo was okay but no one was actually beating down the door asking for it to happen. I personally didn't see it as being necessary nor did I care much for the characters because to me it wasn't Han Solo that I know and like. It felt more like an alternate universe take on the character.

Rogue One was alright, better than Solo, but still not quite my cup of tea really. For some reason I couldn't find myself caring about any of the characters involved, maybe because I already knew their fate, or not being that interesting to me who knows. IMO the only thing that really made the movie likable was all the ANH call backs.