George Lucas Stormtrooper!

Did you buy the George Lucas Stormtrooper figure?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Re: George Lucas Stormtrooper

-i received my 7 yesterday

one of them is missing the blueish/grey dots on his mid section, does anybody else have them missing on theirs?

Reaction score

MEANS said:

one of them is missing the blueish/grey dots on his mid section, does anybody else have them missing on theirs?
Wow that sounds like a good find!
As long as they have not just faded away!

Reaction score

JediJones77 said:
Has anyone had Hasbro cash a check for this recently? I sent some out in about the 3rd week of February and am still waiting. I'm probably just a little paranoid that I'll get my envelopes back stamped Return to Sender like Hasbro did to my Unmasked Storm Shadow way back when even though that was mailed before the ORIGINAL expiration date.
How late were you when that happened? I know my Lucas was postmarked March 1 so if they're so strict with no grace period I am probably out of luck.

Reaction score

DarthBaker said:
Has this been extended again? Past Feb. 28
Nope! Even though I'm still finding tons of 'em at various Wal-Marts and Kmarts in my area. The Kmarts finally dropped their price ... to $7. The WM's just won't come down a dime! The weird thing is, back before Xmas, a few Wal-Marts had dropped them down to $8. After Xmas, most of them were gone. Then, in February, they must've found cases in distribution centers that never got shipped, because suddenly they were back up on the pegs--at full price again! I've seen a few WM's that stuck 'em all in the clearance aisle ... where they had red tags marked "$9.84."

Reaction score

J3D1_KN1GHT said:
MEANS said:

Wow that sounds like a good find!
As long as they have not just faded away!
they definetly didn't fade away, they are completely misisng.

Reaction score

Well I was definitely late ;^). I mailed in the forms on the morning of 3/3/07 so I was quite nervous about them being accepted. Thankfully I see the two checks for $4.95 cleared today
. I wonder if I'll be the last person to receive them?

-T

Reaction score
Re: George Lucas Stormtrooper v3

Was disappointed when I finally saw the finished product. After having to spend $50+ on the figures and trying to hunt them down (ie Biker Scout - hardest to find) to get a Comm-Tech Stormie with a Lucas Head was a slap in the face.

Still I got it anyway but would rather have seen a VOTC body with the Lucas Head.

Reaction score

Yeah the Commtech stormie is a bit of a let down. Kinda glad I didn't really try to hunt down the rest because of him. I mean Commtech is an "okay" Stormtrooper and still sorta holds up as a troop builder, but honestly I would have thought giving a VOTC Stormie a head would have been the logical route. I mean the guy who came up with this gets a crappy 8 year old figure? Why not slap his head onto a POTF2 Stormtrooper Luke?

But its still kinda cool to have something that's kinda rare.

Reaction score

I don't care about the mold. Then again I only got one and I'm keeping him carded.

Reaction score

Both my checks have been cashed. I mailed one on the 25th and one on the 28th. If anybody is interested, I will be selling/trading these guys off!

Reaction score

Well the checks that I mailed on March 3, 2007 cleared on the 12th and the figures arrived today. Unfortunately the figure that arrived here at work was thoroughly smashed so it's a definite opener. Hopefully the one that was sent to the house is ok. We'll see...

-T

Reaction score

Anyone send away the last day or two (Feb 27th or 28th) and recieve theirs yet? I sent out on the 27th and had my checks cashed and yet to recieve anything. I sent away for five.

Reaction score

Elmeaux said:
Recieved 9 today.

They shipped them in the actual George trooper case. These came a lot faster than my first one. Mailed the check on Nov 28.

E>
9? good Lord! you really must love George Lucas!

Reaction score

My final Lucas figure came Saturday. Arrived in good shape. I wonder what is going to happen to the left over figures? Sell them on Hasbro web site perhaps?

Reaction score

I found 5 Biker Scouts on clearance a couple weeks ago and took a chance on sending in the 5 POPs late. I got my check and order form returned in an envelope with a letter explaining that the deadline for the promotion of February 28th had expired. The interesting thing though is that the letter actually said that all of the remaining inventory of George Lucas figures had been "destroyed." A sad end to Mr. Lucas indeed.

Reaction score

Thanks for the info JediJones77. Hopefully you got some Lucas troopers already. I wonder how many they had to destroy? I guess that makes those that have them worth that much more.

Reaction score

JediJones77 said:
I found 5 Biker Scouts on clearance a couple weeks ago and took a chance on sending in the 5 POPs late. I got my check and order form returned in an envelope with a letter explaining that the deadline for the promotion of February 28th had expired. The interesting thing though is that the letter actually said that all of the remaining inventory of George Lucas figures had been "destroyed." A sad end to Mr. Lucas indeed.
Destroyed!? What did it say "I'm sorry,ummm....Let me think....uhh..we destroyed them all"

Reaction score

JediJones77 said:

Anyone doubt whether Hasbro is one of the dumbest companies around who don't understand thier customers?

They could sell those GL Stormies for $10 each or more on thier site, they could create another, more sensible, redemption gimmick to unload the rest, or just pack them in an exclusive vehicle. "Destroyed?" What a bunch of morons. I can think of several people here (myself very much included) who would have easily taken these off thier hands for free or paid for postage instead of doing something like this and wasted the manpower "destroying" these things.

Hasbro=stupid jerks

Reaction score

Perhaps it was done exactly for those reasons...so that people who were expecting to get them that way wouldn't be able to (afterall a big majority had to spend 50+ to get it, so of course some would complain about it since it wouldn't seem "fair").

Goes to show you how you seriously can't please everyone. I'm actually surprised about the letter though.

Reaction score

Seize9 said:
Perhaps it was done exactly for those reasons...so that people who were expecting to get them that way wouldn't be able to (afterall a big majority had to spend 50+ to get it, so of course some would complain about it since it wouldn't seem "fair").

Goes to show you how you seriously can't please everyone. I'm actually surprised about the letter though.
Hey, maybe all those CIV exclusives that aren't purchased at CIV will be destroyed too??

Reaction score

Ha, could you imagine the whining?

Don't think it would actually happen though...

Reaction score

Well maybe it will really be worth something now becuase of this someday.

Reaction score

I can also confirm the 'destroy' letter. Found some extra stickers while cleaning my place and figured I'd give it a shot. Denied!! I already have a couple of the GL figs, so no big deal. Here's exactly what it says:

"We received your George Lucas Vintage Figure redemption request after the published deadline of February 28th, 2007. The promotion is now over. All valid redemption requests have been processed, the excess inventory has been destroyed and we are unable to fulfill your request."

So yeah, either they melted 'em down, or are hoarding them in that giant bunker where Lucas keeps all the extra toys that have come and gone thru the years. I agree that it's kinda silly, they should've just honored the requests til there were none left.

Reaction score

Maybe they were hidden away in the landfill that has all those old Atari E.T. games. Come on...you all know what I'm talking about!

Reaction score

Yeah and the Atari Jaguars to boot!
Can't believe they would dispose of the figures like that!
Ahh well at least they will be worth more!

Reaction score

Julian57 said:
is this figure still available?
Not through the offical channel. Someone posted just a few posts ago that they tried to redeem the offer after the extended expiration date but Hasbro returned their check with the explanation that all remaining figures were destroyed.

Secondary market is the way to go now.

Reaction score

I do have to wonder if these were truly destroyed. After all the boo hooing we hear from Hasbro on the cost effectiveness of things, they are going to just destroy product?

I think the letter is just some standard response from the fufillment company in MT. I mean why at the very least wouldn't Hasbro dontate the remaining to children's hospitals?

Reaction score

Got mine in the mail yesterday. Awsome, totally unexpected, considering they said July-December
!

Reaction score

Joe_B said:
Maybe they were hidden away in the landfill that has all those old Atari E.T. games. Come on...you all know what I'm talking about!
Werent all of the excess vintage POTF figures put in a landfill site too????

Reaction score

I really really like this figure, but the ways and means of acquiring it was a disaster IMO. I burned buying 3 VOTC figures w/o the POP inserts.

I'm not sure if I'm going to go for the next set of VOTC figs.

Rup

Reaction score

Finally got this figure - had to get from an online store, but they had a good offer for it, so I was happy enough with price.

Clearly I'll only ever get one of them though, which makes me wonder whether I should open it. I'm leaning towards yes - because I don't have enough stormtroopers and I open most other things.

He's not too much of a let down out of the package is he?