George Lucas Stormtrooper!

Did you buy the George Lucas Stormtrooper figure?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Re: George Lucas Stormtrooper

That confused me as well. What does Kohl's have to do with it? Are they handing out Lucas troopers or what? Oh well, now I can get a few more of him either way. Looks like I got my wish for an extended deadline.

Reaction score

great that they extended it. I totally forgot to send my last set before the deadline yesterday.

Reaction score

The way its worded it sounds like they would be handing them out, but that makes no sense to me. And what does it mean by "since some stores (for example Kohl's) have additional figures being released"?

Reaction score

I saw VTSC figs turn up at Kohl's maybe a week ago. Maybe they're just getting them in and Hasbro wants to give their customers time to send in POPs? Certainly they're not getting some exclusive that we haven't heard about...?

Reaction score

Tarfful said:
I saw VTSC figs turn up at Kohl's maybe a week ago.
What I've seen turn up at the WMs I go to is a gradual increase of VTSC figures with missing POPs put back on the pegs (especially the last 2-3 weeks). At one store, it started with just a couple, and now there are 3 full pegs of VTSCs missing POPs. I'm guessing these are returns. It just bugs me to see these VTSCs on the pegs like that. It's just wrong.

Reaction score

This is great news...I was hoping Hasbro would extend the deadline. I mailed my one and only form out on Thursday before dawn, and I was very tempted to go to TRU and buy another Tusken to complete another form...

at least now I could wait 'till the after-holiday clearance.

Oh, and just a reminder for some...the Early Bird extended deadline is until the end of the year, Dec. 31st. I still have one of those to mail out as well.

GNT

Reaction score

Nate_M said:
I'm so glad they extended the deadline. I've had everything ready to go since September, but I kept putting it off and I didn't realize it was too late until yesterday evening after the post office closed. It's not like I'm sending for a double or anything either. I still don't have one George.
Looks like I've got a few more months to do this thing - maybe this time I shouldn't procrastinate so much.
Next time Hasbro has an offer going dont leave it to the last moment cause they might not extend next time.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
Great, more time trying to decide what to do about the extra Lucastrooper figs that I can get but don't want

[/QUOTE]

Get them and either sell them or trade them, I'm sure army builders wouldn't mind getting another troop!

Reaction score

Finally got my opener today. Turns out they had the address wrong on the original. Logged on and found out that I can order another with my squad of Biker Scouts!

Reaction score

i just sent out for 2 so is it ok if i send i check for $9.90

Reaction score

In regards to getting the VTSC figs from Kohls...

Just be sure to check they do have the POPs in them. Kohls stores are a breeding ground for shoplifters - just take caution and examine the figs to be sure the POPs are, in fact, inside.

Just a little FYI from a former loss prevention preventer.

Reaction score

Loss prevention preventer...was that meant to imply something?

Reaction score

Joe_B said:
Loss prevention preventer...was that meant to imply something?
Haha - no, no, no - just a little redundant - I've just been up just too long just working on homework in my home for just too long...

Reaction score

My George Lucas Stormtrooper arrived today. It is in perfect condition. It's going to be tough to open this one up.

Reaction score

Got my last two in the mail today, I finally have one to open. Sent out both forms at the same time and got them in about 2 monthes.

Reaction score

Finally got 4 more since sending off the pops a few days after Hasbro changed the redemption rules

Reaction score

Opened my Georgetrooper today and can say I still like him even with the crappy body they chose. I opened the one with a slight white mark on his beard, but then a quick dab of paint fixed that fast!!

Reaction score

I received my 3rd and final GL Stormie today, the opener. (It took less than 2 months from when the check was cashed.)

Reaction score

Recieved 9 today.

They shipped them in the actual George trooper case. These came a lot faster than my first one. Mailed the check on Nov 28.

E>

Reaction score

Ohhh that's cool, take pics!!! Are you going to open the case, or leave it as is!! I seriously doubt that many people have a case of Lucas figures!!

Reaction score

Sure, I'll take a picture later on today.
They put priority mail tape around it so the case isn't as cool looking as it could be.

E>

Sorry for the delay. Here's a couple pics:

Reaction score

I mailed in for my 2nd George Lucas Stormie on 10/26, cashed 11/5 and I rec it via USPS on 12/15...much faster now, since they probably have very few to process.

Speaking of the fig, I finally have mine opened, and the helmet is fantastic. It is much deeper and longer looking in the face part of the helmet, which gives it a more accurate look feel...! I sure hope this helmet, and not the Sandtrooper (from the tin) helmet is used for all future removable helmet Stormies

GNT

Reaction score

echoplex said:
Not sure if this was covered already but I just got my GL Stormy the other day and was surprised and a little upset that the mold is from the Commtech Stormtrooper. What ever happened to the VOTC boby???
marshubo said:
Im pretty sure it's already been covered but I don't believe that there was ever a photo showing him with anything but the Commtech body. Kinda stinks because it is such an inferior sculpt but what can you expect from Hasbro for $55 plus tax?
Tarfful said:
jediCOZMO24 said:
i had seen it before...what is the deadline for the redemption of the lucas trooper????
http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/default.cfm?page=news&newsid=3A8E8CE1-D56F-E112-4A9079EB16FD80FD

Reaction score

Hey I can't believe I hadn't noticed the pic Elemeaux, cool!! That is interesting seeing the actual case for these!! Tell me do ya still have it??

Reaction score

I received my figure today and I'm pretty happy with it. There's a small dent on the side of the plastic case, but the figure looks so nice that I might even open up my second and last set of VTSC figures to redeem another.

Hopefully though, the remaining Tuskens and Hans at TRU will be clearanced out before the new deadline so I won't have to open up another Luke or Scoutrooper.

Reaction score

Lady_Jaye said:
Hey I can't believe I hadn't noticed the pic Elemeaux, cool!! That is interesting seeing the actual case for these!! Tell me do ya still have it??
I think so. I usually save larger boxes like this for moving, shipping, etc.

E>

Reaction score

So Hasbro cashed my check 01-08-07, and I have still not received my figure. Any suggestions on what I should do?

Reaction score

sichair said:
So Hasbro cashed my check 01-08-07, and I have still not received my figure. Any suggestions on what I should do?
Wait it out...it's only been about four weeks.

My check cleared on Dec. 6. I received the figure on Jan. 19, so I received the figure seven weeks after mailing the form, and a little over six weeks after Hasbro deposited the check.

I'm guessing you should be getting it in a couple more weeks.

Reaction score

I just sent away for my first one today.
I didn't get any figures on sale either. I bought them all when they first came out and got all of the figures before they changed the rules or extended the deadline. I even missed the deadline the first time around and posted in this very thread on page 4. Hehe...

Reaction score

I got mine, and i opened it.
Great figure.
Very happy with it.
The typical "must have" one, for me.
i do not collect unopened. I pose them and i am happy.

Reaction score

I received my final George Lucas Trooper in the mail this weekend.

The check for this Georgie was cashed in JULY...

After inspecting the package i realized why it took so long.
instead someone mis-typed my adress as being 9K St. instead of 95th Street. a common error i am sure...

anyways, after three or four undeliverables, it seems like hasbro went back into the original order and fixed the address, and i got me a george to open

Reaction score

I finally got my second one last night, and I had the same problem with them typing my address wrong. I waited so long that I just figured I was never getting the figure. But it was there yesterday in a big brown envelope.....with the white box inside. When I opened the envelope, I noticed the white box had "Return to Sender" and "Insufficient Address" stamped all over it. They put "86" instead of "876" for my address. So it went back to them, and then they just stuck the whole thing in a big padded envelope and mailed it to my correct address.

The white box has marking all over it and is a tad crushed, but the figure and card are in great shape. This one will be my opener anyway, so I don't care about the box.

I really love this figure. I liked the first one I got so much that I went out and bought 4 more greedos at K-Mart prices to get a second one.

Jay.

Reaction score

I have a super nice Lucas Stormtrooper Id like to trade for a beat up one to open!!Anybody got a damaged one they want to trade???

Reaction score

Has anyone had Hasbro cash a check for this recently? I sent some out in about the 3rd week of February and am still waiting. I'm probably just a little paranoid that I'll get my envelopes back stamped Return to Sender like Hasbro did to my Unmasked Storm Shadow way back when even though that was mailed before the ORIGINAL expiration date. But it only took them a week to cash my Lucas Stormtrooper checks back in November and we're coming up on 2 weeks for this round. So just looking for a little reassurance...

Reaction score

Nevermind, they just cashed all my checks in one day. My buying that mountain of $3 Tusken Raiders was not done in vain after all!