George Lucas (in Stormtrooper Disguise) - (LFL50)

Reaction score
Sold out on Amazon in like 3 min. Crazy. I ordered on Pulse. May cancel maybe not.

Reaction score
Did anyone else get it preordered from Dorkside when it was originally listed at $24.99? I got 2 under that price and have received my confirmation. Dorkside is reliable, so I hope the lower price is honored.

Reaction score
Got one on Amazon, I mean it is the legend himself so had to at least preorder.

Reaction score
Did anyone else get it preordered from Dorkside when it was originally listed at $24.99? I got 2 under that price and have received my confirmation. Dorkside is reliable, so I hope the lower price is honored.
I did and Paid Paypal, so either they cancel it, or honor the price. I like doing business there so I hope they honor it.

Reaction score
Amazon - May 2022
Pulse - January 15, 2022
EE - March 2022
BBTS - December 2021
DS - December 2021
Old Republic & Skyward don't have dates yet.

😱
I love Skyward, and would order more from them if their site didn't literally take minutes to navigate. :( they would get a lot more business from me if they just fixed the site!

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
I love Skyward, and would order more from them if their site didn't literally take minutes to navigate. :( they would get a lot more business from me if they just fixed the site!
Yep, they're fantastic, I've been moving most of my pre-orders to them. I've been having trouble using their site with Chrome for some reason, so I have to use Firefox. Their new pre-orders are on the front page and I have all the individual sections bookmarked. I can actually navigate fairly quickly where I want to go.

Reaction score
Yep, they're fantastic, I've been moving most of my pre-orders to them. I've been having trouble using their site with Chrome for some reason, so I have to use Firefox. Their new pre-orders are on the front page and I have all the individual sections bookmarked. I can actually navigate fairly quickly where I want to go.
does it load better on FF?

Reaction score
I'm placing my first pre-order with them (after I won their Mando giveaway on instagram a few months back...). Good company, good people.

Reaction score
does it load better on FF?
Yeah, it loads tons better & faster on Firefox. It worked fine on Chrome up until two or three months ago, then it started taking forever to load & scroll through pages. I spoke with the owner about it, but we couldn't figure out the cause. I know they've been doing some site maintenance recently so maybe that could be part of the reason. 🤷‍♂️ FWIW, they use Opera themselves.
I'm placing my first pre-order with them (after I won their Mando giveaway on instagram a few months back...). Good company, good people.
I saw that. Congrats! 👍 I've placed three TVC orders with them so far myself, and all came perfect. Got a bunch of pre-orders with them now.

Reaction score
Yeah, it loads tons better & faster on Firefox. It worked fine on Chrome up until two or three months ago, then it started taking forever to load & scroll through pages. I spoke with the owner about it, but we couldn't figure out the cause. I know they've been doing some site maintenance recently so maybe that could be part of the reason. 🤷‍♂️ FWIW, they use Opera themselves.

I saw that. Congrats! 👍
I've spoken to him too, he goes that extra mile. DESERVES more business.

Reaction score
Apologies if this is in another section of the forum, but is there a specific sized clamshell case for these figures? Most things I've found online have been for the boxed 6 inch Black Series. Thanks very much!

Reaction score
Apologies if this is in another section of the forum, but is there a specific sized clamshell case for these figures? Most things I've found online have been for the boxed 6 inch Black Series. Thanks very much!
I've seen Star Cases for the 40th Anniversary cards, which this should be the exact same size. I can't dig a link out now...but between them and figure shield, they have them for sure.

Reaction score
Foolish people, they are still widely available on fan channel shops.

Reaction score
I've seen Star Cases for the 40th Anniversary cards, which this should be the exact same size. I can't dig a link out now...but between them and figure shield, they have them for sure.
Let me know if you find a link to Star Cases for the 40th Black Series. I've only ever seen Figure Shield, and I feel they are too expensive for my taste. The only other protectors I've seen for carded Black Series was on Amazon. But, they are like little boxes that come flat, and you fold them into a box sized for Black Series. Kind of like Funko Pop protectors. I'd prefer a more tradition clam shell if I can find some for a good price.

Reaction score
Thank you LordZeppelin and sharky. That's just the info I need to hunt something down to use!

Reaction score
Managed to pick one up just now from EE. Glad I saw these forum links because I thought I had missed out on him after Amazon sold out.

Reaction score
Is the helmet a hollow one or a headswap, does anybody know? Or not intended to go on at all?
I always thought they made the new Stormtrooper with a hollow helmet because they could have painted heads underneath the buckets. The official blurb on all the websites says it's "removable" so I'd say we're pretty well confirmed that the helmet goes on the Lucas head. The head does seem pretty beady too, like the helmet should easily fit over it.

I hope the head is easily swappable with a Rebel Fleet Trooper personally.

Reaction score
Empire Toy Shop has George-Trooper available too. $27.95, but a $2 deposit. Estimated release 2022.

Reaction score
Added Gamestop link to the previous post. They have an October 15 release date... :unsure: ...yeah, that's not going to happen methinks.
So Amazon, Pulse, Skyward, & Old Republic are now sold out. That leaves EE, BBTS, DS, & Gamestop.
On my way home I had to stop at the supermarket so when I saw GameStop it occurred to me that I’ll just put $5 down in store and not have to pay shipping. Plus the $5 monthly coupon when it arrives. Much better than the $37 from Pulse.

Reaction score

Let me know if you find a link to Star Cases for the 40th Black Series. I've only ever seen Figure Shield, and I feel they are too expensive for my taste.

Figure Shield may be a bit pricey, but they're well worth it IMO. I'd recommend signing up for their mailing list, too, as they run frequent sales.

Reaction score
Added Gamestop link to the previous post. They have an October 15 release date... :unsure: ...yeah, that's not going to happen methinks.
While it does seem too soon, I wouldn't put it past GS to ship early as they have done so numerous times in the past. Also, this might be in the same batch as Boss and Jet Trooper which also have the same 10/15 date. Perhaps Stormie George reveal was simply let out of the bag late?

Reaction score
Agree with @The_Chosen_1 (Hey someone else from UT!) about Figureshield. Definitely, sign up for their newsletter so you know when they have sales. They also have a decent reward program now as well.
Unfortunately, the POTF2 cards are just around 1/4" or so bigger, which makes them ≈7 3/8" (compared to ≈7 1/8" for the 40th Anniv. cards). The Figureshield SW-40 interior is only 7 1/4", so the card is just slightly too large to fit. Figureshield recommends their MTB-1 cases, though it gives ≈1" extra space side-to-side.

POTF2 MTB-1 Case.jpg

While it does seem too soon, I wouldn't put it past GS to ship early as they have done so numerous times in the past. Also, this might be in the same batch as Boss and Jet Trooper which also have the same 10/15 date. Perhaps Stormie George reveal was simply let out of the bag late?
Unlikely IMO, considering the soonest anyone else has these arriving is December. GS's been pushing alot stuff back the last month or so. FYI, Boss & the Jet Trooper don't release until 12/27 (previously was 12/15). Zaalbar releases on 10/17 though.

Reaction score
Yeah, it does seem a bit off but I guess since you can't digitally scan him as he looked 20-30 years ago this is the best they can do. I mean when you look at the 3.75" version from Saga it's a very close likeness even then when the tech was limited compared to today.

While I do feel it's an odd choice since he's no longer attached to the Franchise, if people want him in 6" scale that's great. I know a lot of people were never able to get the 3.75" version me included. I don't know that I'd call this a "Legends" character though? It's interesting they went with Stormtrooper version instead of X-Wing look.

I wonder, now that Filoni has his figure and now this GL Stormie, could a Favreau figure be on the horizon? Well aside from the Heavy gunner Mando..

While neat I'm just not into this type of thing anymore.
Favreau's already been done by Hasbro. Still available, too. ;)

GUEST_0d30fb60-36a6-4a0c-976a-84da1983c29d